The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Lot's of the mindset essentials in here for making the move from slowlane to fastlane... I never get tired of hearing this stuff.

Love the example of the financial thermostat - makes a lot of sense.
[video=youtube;vCqBMB6Z4w0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqBMB6Z4w0[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Thank Jon,

All these guys have two things in common. They take responsibility and focus on what they want.

Good videos.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
"Rich and successful people admire other rich and successful people. Most others resent them."

That is the best part I've heard from these so far.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I haven't read any of T. Harv Eker's stuff, but the more I see and hear of it, the more it sounds very similar to my own philosophy. As you know, there aren't a lot of "financial" authors out there who I would recommend, but Eker's stuff looks like it is worth an investment.

ForestL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 6, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
You know what is amazing, is the total view counts on these videos. A celebrity falls down drunk and a million people watch, but a great inspiring video comes along and 3000 people watch and only 800 actually finish all 6.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
You know what is amazing, is the total view counts on these videos. A celebrity falls down drunk and a million people watch, but a great inspiring video comes along and 3000 people watch and only 800 actually finish all 6.

Which is why millions stay broke, have no direction in life and are waiting for their check in order to survive. I give credit to these folks who are trying to help though (yes I know much is profit driven, so what).

If even 1 person is doing better financially through proper planning, that helps dozens of others. Its the rising tide scenario.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Which is why millions stay broke, have no direction in life and are waiting for their check in order to survive. I give credit to these folks who are trying to help though (yes I know much is profit driven, so what).

If even 1 person is doing better financially through proper planning, that helps dozens of others. Its the rising tide scenario.

Read between the bold if you just want the important part, without the shotgun of thoughts.
I'd like to add that there's another way to look at it... 3,000 people got their curiosity satisfied, but 2,200 didn't think it was for them. Ok, great. Hopefully that's one less distraction towards something they do want.

The other 800 are people who do want to own their financial life, and these 800 individuals now have direction to match their desire.
Thank you.

Statistics are a funny thing. When a number is put next to another one, it significantly changes the value of the number. Even when these numbers are about very important things, it still works that way. Example? If I said "An earthquake rocked the foundations of Happy Jo's Funporium earlier this morning. There was 35,000 unexpecting attendants, out of which 6 drowned when the water slide collapsed." ... Despite how tragic that is, the mind very likely wants to look at that six and make your first reaction "Well that's not so bad then."

Comparatively speaking, if the report was "At 2PM, an earthquake hit Happy Jo's Funporium, collapsing the water slide and killing 6 attendants." the mins wants to compare the two numbers (even though they aren't really related) and go "Holy crap! Those poor people!" because 6 is much larger than 2.

... That is gotten from a corrolation of my own thinker, and an article that sites researchers discovering that we value an object based on the next closest number (it mentioned two TV's, one at 800 one at 500, even if they're basically the same thing we'll assume the 800 is better) and goes on to say that they had students look at the last few digits of their SSN before making a purchase. Whether they thought the purchase was big or small was hugely influenced by the other, unrelated number.

Geeze, this is turning into a lecture. Well, I only have two more thoughts, so bear with me if you like.

It's very easy to lose the humanity in a statistic. The mind seems to have trouble putting faces, needs, personality, achievements... All the things big and small, to a number. Yet if you were to look at an actual group, while 800 as a number is insignificant as a number, it can regain all those qualities that matter.

And finally... You can't really compare those two metrics in the first place. Learning of, and finding the celebrity that falls down for one is very easy. They likely already know about the celebrity, and need only to watch clips from movies/songs/whatever before they will stumble on that video.
On the other hand, a millionaire mindset doesn't have the same kind of cultural exposure, media coverage, or entertainment value. In fact, many people who begin with the onset idea that they want to be rich lose their interest sooner than later, when they're hit with the sales, promised a strong downline, bombarded with ugly websites, scammed for thousands, told that 'the rich would never share their secrets, stupid! That's why they're rich!', fed trivial tips and, yes, even the 'hokey' self empowering stuff that we all love here is a major turn off for most people.
I could get into a thousand reasons for that, but I'll spare your sanity by just offering one. "They don't know better." Yep. The reason they need it, is the reason they won't accept it.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
I haven't read any of T. Harv Eker's stuff, but the more I see and hear of it, the more it sounds very similar to my own philosophy. As you know, there aren't a lot of "financial" authors out there who I would recommend, but Eker's stuff looks like it is worth an investment.
Thank you MJ. I may invest three days of my life on the Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar to "rattle my cage" so to speak (still researching as to whether it's worth the time investment). I think it's good to put yourself in uncomfortable situations. I may do a video review as well. All the best.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Thank you MJ. I may invest three days of my life on the Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar to "rattle my cage" so to speak (still researching as to whether it's worth the time investment). I think it's good to put yourself in uncomfortable situations. I may do a video review as well. All the best.

I went to the Millionaire Mind Intensive in 2013 and then won a ticket to their investment conference in California that same year.

The MMI had some great elements to it, but be mindful of that fact that if you go, there are some heavy sales and pressure tactics at play.

MMI is free but will lead to a bunch of other courses all across North America that all are at a minimum of $1000 each.

The investment course on all appearances seemed decent, but basically, they were teaching the 1000+ attendees the same cookie cutter methods of investing.

Just want to give you the heads up beforehand :)

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
The MMI had some great elements to it, but be mindful of that fact that if you go, there are some heavy sales and pressure tactics at play.

MMI is free but will lead to a bunch of other courses all across North America that all are at a minimum of $1000 each.
+1. MMI is full of great stuff, and for free it's a bargain. But only if you resist the siren call of the other $$classess$$ they sell.

I bought several of the follow-on courses and found they were fairly worthless.

So go and get lots of benefit from MMI. Just try not to fall for the sales job for the add-on seminars.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.