The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just read The Millionaire Fastlane, now I'm taking action!

Aaron10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 25, 2024
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself to the community, I am Aaron I am 32 from the UK. Whilst reading The Millionaire Fastlane I loved how I noticed myself changing my habits straight away, the main one was switching from a consumer to a producer mindset, instead of doing the complaining I was looking at the complaints of others and wondered if I could fix that for them.

I have one idea that I feel satisfies the CENTS framework. This is website-based. So now the hard work begins, the execution of that Idea. I have absolutely zero knowledge about making websites & coding. After researching I realized I didn't have anywhere close to the budget I would need for a company to make a website for me. So I have jumped on the Udemy train. Signed up for their web development boot camp. Which will hopefully get me to a level I will be confident to get going on my own.

I was hoping to hear if any other Fastlaners have had success building their websites and what I should look out for as I start out my journey. Thanks all.

Great to be here,
All the best,
Aaron

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fliese

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 4, 2023
Germany
Hello Aaron,

Welcome to the FLF.

I haven't had a business yet, but like you, I have an idea of what I want to build (SaaS). That's why I'm learning Python and I wish I had known a few points earlier when I started learning programming. Maybe they can help you:

1. There are many good and free programming learning opportunities on the Internet (I learned a lot of the basics of Python on an open access learning site)

2. If you are employed, there may be an opportunity to learn programming in the company (in my case, there were a large number of Python bootcamps online on my employer's learning platform, which I was unaware of for a long time)

3. The best way to practice is to create your own small projects, since you are actually producing something -> on the Internet for example I found documents from German universities with tasks for computer science students, such as: „Write a function in Python that does the final price calculation for a certain number of screws, nuts and washers.“ Working through these documents was beneficial to my progress.

Maybe you can transfer this to further your learning.

Best regards

CedricDrenth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 18, 2024
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself to the community, I am Aaron I am 32 from the UK. Whilst reading The Millionaire Fastlane I loved how I noticed myself changing my habits straight away, the main one was switching from a consumer to a producer mindset, instead of doing the complaining I was looking at the complaints of others and wondered if I could fix that for them.

I have one idea that I feel satisfies the CENTS framework. This is website-based. So now the hard work begins, the execution of that Idea. I have absolutely zero knowledge about making websites & coding. After researching I realized I didn't have anywhere close to the budget I would need for a company to make a website for me. So I have jumped on the Udemy train. Signed up for their web development boot camp. Which will hopefully get me to a level I will be confident to get going on my own.

I was hoping to hear if any other Fastlaners have had success building their websites and what I should look out for as I start out my journey. Thanks all.

Great to be here,
All the best,
Aaron
Hey Aaron,

welcome to the Forum. I'm also new here and joined the forum a week ago after starting to read the Millionaire Fastlane . I'm not done reading the book yet but have learned valuable lessons already, especially regarding your mindset when it comes to being successful. I also noticed how much motivation this book gave me to change my habits and thought process. I thought about joining Fox's web school to help me get a jump start @Fox into web design but currently, I'm waiting for my semester to finish to put my full energy into it. Let me know if you find any valuable resources as I'm interested and would love to get into web design soon.

Good luck!

Aaron10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 25, 2024
Hello Aaron,

Welcome to the FLF.

I haven't had a business yet, but like you, I have an idea of what I want to build (SaaS). That's why I'm learning Python and I wish I had known a few points earlier when I started learning programming. Maybe they can help you:

1. There are many good and free programming learning opportunities on the Internet (I learned a lot of the basics of Python on an open access learning site)

2. If you are employed, there may be an opportunity to learn programming in the company (in my case, there were a large number of Python bootcamps online on my employer's learning platform, which I was unaware of for a long time)

3. The best way to practice is to create your own small projects, since you are actually producing something -> on the Internet for example I found documents from German universities with tasks for computer science students, such as: „Write a function in Python that does the final price calculation for a certain number of screws, nuts and washers.“ Working through these documents was beneficial to my progress.

Maybe you can transfer this to further your learning.

Best regards
Hi Fliese! Thanks so much for the advice, I will definitely look into seeing if my company offers any training along those lines.

All the best

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 25, 2024
Hey Aaron,

welcome to the Forum. I'm also new here and joined the forum a week ago after starting to read the Millionaire Fastlane . I'm not done reading the book yet but have learned valuable lessons already, especially regarding your mindset when it comes to being successful. I also noticed how much motivation this book gave me to change my habits and thought process. I thought about joining Fox's web school to help me get a jump start @Fox into web design but currently, I'm waiting for my semester to finish to put my full energy into it. Let me know if you find any valuable resources as I'm interested and would love to get into web design soon.

Good luck!
Hey Cedric, I agree, the mindset shift is a huge thing for me. As for resources I have tried, I am about 10% into doing "The complete 2024 web development bootcamp" on Udemy taught by Dr Angela Yu. Speaking as someone who has never done anything "techy" before I have nothing but good things about the course at the moment.

Good luck with the rest of your semester mate!
All the best

CedricDrenth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 18, 2024
Hey Cedric, I agree, the mindset shift is a huge thing for me. As for resources I have tried, I am about 10% into doing "The complete 2024 web development bootcamp" on Udemy taught by Dr Angela Yu. Speaking as someone who has never done anything "techy" before I have nothing but good things about the course at the moment.

Good luck with the rest of your semester mate!
All the best

Hey Aaron,

thank you for sharing! I came across freecodecamp.org which is a perfect website to learn basic coding in case you don’t have any prior knowledge. I did the first basic html coding project a couple of days ago and thought it was well explained and easy to understand.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...