The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling a window cleaning company

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Nice job. Profit margin for a window cleaning business ranges between 10% to 20%. Let's say it's 15%. You need to be making about 3.500.000 per year or 290.000 per month. That's 966 jobs per month if you make about $300 per job. How many $300 jobs can you do per day? Let's say 5. So one crew brings in $1500 per day. That means you need 193 trucks working full time doing 5 $300 jobs per day each. You will have to be spending about $58.000 on marketing per month (online and offline) to get to that number and grow aggressively (20% of revenue). Double all the numbers if you want to hit $500k after tax. Now set goals and execute!
Jesus christ.
I never really though it through like this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Nice job. Profit margin for a window cleaning business ranges between 10% to 20%. Let's say it's 15%. You need to be making about 3.500.000 per year or 290.000 per month. That's 966 jobs per month if you make about $300 per job. How many $300 jobs can you do per day? Let's say 5. So one crew brings in $1500 per day. That means you need 193 trucks working full time doing 5 $300 jobs per day each. You will have to be spending about $58.000 on marketing per month (online and offline) to get to that number and grow aggressively (20% of revenue). Double all the numbers if you want to hit $500k after tax. Now set goals and execute!
Just did the math and I only need about 8 trucks working full time to make that much money. (10k per day) Even if I only make 200 per job that still below 20 crews.

193 Trucks doing 1500 a day each would bring ~300k per DAY. That's a whole different level of enterprise.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Alright tomorrow I got a meeting with the advertising guy from a decently sized newspaper.
Prices start at 100 a month and contracts are typically 6 months to a year.
The guy has been doing newspaper ads for 30 years now and claims that many companies that started small could scale massively thanks to the ads on there. Safe to say they know how to advertise for smaller local companies.

Thanks to the copywriting job I can easily afford 100 to 200 a month in ads without cutting into my savings.
Also I really just want to have some more jobs to do and money coming in.
@piano is getting close to making more money than me.

As a side note, I know that newspaper is a dying medium and only read by old people. But guess who my best customers are? Old people.
The ad will also hopefully give me some more credibility with the local stores so I can contract them for regular cleaning jobs.
Ask him if they would be willing to do an article on you as a starting young entrepreneur who wants to provide the best service. In my experience, local newspapers are usually willing to do an article if you pay them for an advertisement. Although usually I ask about the article first and then they will do, but only if I buy the advertisement.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Ask him if they would be willing to do an article on you as a starting young entrepreneur who wants to provide the best service. In my experience, local newspapers are usually willing to do an article if you pay them for an advertisement. Although usually I ask about the article first and then they will do, but only if I buy the advertisement.
Too late as this months newpaper is already in print. However I will work on getting into local media next month. For now the focus is to get done with all the legal paperwork and to get the remaining 400€ to archive the 1k month.

I also got another 100 deal today with the local car dealership. I was doing their floors for 80 last month. This was a mistake as 80 was just too little money. So I asked if 100 was fine and their finances lady said sure.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
Just did the math and I only need about 8 trucks working full time to make that much money. (10k per day) Even if I only make 200 per job that still below 20 crews.

193 Trucks doing 1500 a day each would bring ~300k per DAY. That's a whole different level of enterprise.
I knew it didn't seem right. That's even easier!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Holy shit!
That's awesome (for you.)!
But were all the 500€ from the copywriting job or your window cleaning biz?

Also, it's "annoying" me kinda that you're getting so far right now haha. My business registration process right now is even more frustrating than supposed to and I might take a "shortcut" to get something registered, but I'll see more about that...

Good luck, "Subsonic".

edit: why does reply sound so god damn edgy :rofl:
Why do you have to register? Just keep getting paid under the table until you need to hire multiple employees. How much have you been making per week recently?

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Why do you have to register? Just keep getting paid under the table until you need to hire multiple employees.
I want to use ads and marketing and one person is enough to tell the Finanzamt what I'm doing here, and I'd get a tasty fine. The fact that I don't have a company also often scares customers away fully, so yeh. (And I wouldn't get taxed yet btw, only if earn more than 20k+)
How much have you been making per week recently?
Phew... A bit weird to answer because my work times fluctuate, but last week I made around 300€ I think? 2 weeks ago though I made probably like 600€. This week is the last where I don't have school and I have some nice news for you btw, I just need to finish writing my update in my progress thread...

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
"Holy shit Boys, this could be a 1k deal..."

Outline
-Why did I choose to go door to door
-The door to door (or store to store) experience
- hitting 210 on the highway with my moms company car
-Conclusion

Why did I choose to go door to door?
@BizyDad called me out on not doing what I could. I then decided to step outside my comfort zone and actually get out there in person. I always though I was bad at approaching and selling so this could be a great way to make progress. The idea of doing it was still scary but I need MONEY. Also I can't let @piano be stronger than me haha.

The door to door experience
I knew right away that doing this alone would be annoying and demotivating as shit.
So I called up my buddy Michi and told him to meet me city center. There we met another good friend and offered him to join us on the adventure. After getting lunch we set out on the journey to find jobs. The first store I went into was a small random shit selling store that turned out to be a franchise so they already had a company cleaning for them. Interestingly enough I was not nervous at all and had a great conversation with the people there. Maybe I am just good at this...
For the next hour we probably went into 30 Stores. Michi turned out to not be great at selling and pitching, Jarno (the other guy) turned out to be a born salesman. We started working as a team and going through the stores effectively. It became really fun. Sadly there were no conversions in that hour but we ad a few people ask for business cards to call back later. After that hour we figured we needed to change something. So we hopped into the car and drove over to another town where people speak German. (The city we were in is a big immigrant city so most of the time we couldn't make good sales pitches since the store owners didn't understand german well)
The next city went way better. The people there spoke german and basically every interaction I had was positive and fun. I started responding to the "we already have a company" with " alright then I'll leave you my card anyways in case you want a better service". That was a really good one and I had lots of laughs with store owners and nice ladies at the cashier. Sadly there were still no sales. Then I got a call. It was a big car dealership from a different city. They had seen a flyer and wanted me to come over to give them a quote. Because of their size this could be a 1k job. That is, if I do it right and they paid lots for the last company that did it. Otherwise it's going to be a still massive 500 to 300 job.
After this adventure we went back to the car with still no sales. However I had one last idea: Aproach random people and ask them if they are interested. Did it work? No. But it was again lots of fun challenge each other to approach random people.

(Optional part, just a fun story)
How I hit 210 on the highway with my moms company car
On the drive back home we started playing Mario kart music in the car and just having a blast. I really enjoy this car (Opel zafira with 180hp and turbo). It's a minivan but has quiet some power. My car, a old vw caddy, is massive and cool and all but the performance just isn't there. So after some consideration I decided to go and have some fun on the highway. In Germany there is no speed limit on highways so this is totally legal. The first try I got to 160kmh before needing to slow down for a 100 sign. Since I saw that sign a bit late the brake was funny. The try I got it, one could really feel that the car did not appreciate it. It was at 4.5k rpm and the road was starting to feel really shaky. At 210kmh I was satisfied and gave the car reprise.
The adrenaline was mad and I wont do it again haha. I would also worry about gas but her company covers gas prices. The wonders of being a 100m a year private pharmacy company.

The conclusion for me is to not focus on door to door. Handing out flyers is more effective and perhaps I can couple that with door to door because it's just fun for a adrenaline junky like me.

However I now know that I am in fact not bad at social skills. I used to be a stupid kid so my family keeps telling me I am bad socially. Ha F*ck them. I am better at it then they will ever be. I am somewhat introverted but I never struggle to hold conversations.

If you see this, thanks for taking the time to read this monster of a post.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Also I can't let @piano be stronger than me haha.
:rofl:I love that we're frickn rivals. You can be so F*cking happy that my business registration process is taking so god damn long :playful:Gonna start marketing-warfare after I got it.
Nice one. Although considering that you guys spent like mulitple hours and were a group of THREE, I think we'll both agree that I'm still unfaced door to door (especially after you've read my next update, IT'S TAKING SO LONG)

xxx22

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 28, 2022

Revenue or profit- 10k profit per day from 8 trucks seems insane on 8 trucks with 15% profit margin, that would mean 67k total revenue and 8.3k revenue per truck per day, to me as a qualified accountant it doesn't add up and it's impossible your calc is correct and I guess you are counting revenue as your profit.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
@BizyDad called me out on not doing what I could.
Who me?

I think I'm getting a little too much credit here. All I did was take a screenshot of your catchphrase. I let you take that however you wanted to take it.

"Holy shit Boys, this could be a 1k deal..."

Outline
-Why did I choose to go door to door
-The door to door (or store to store) experience
- hitting 210 on the highway with my moms company car
-Conclusion

@BizyDad called me out on not doing what I could. I then decided to step outside my comfort zone and actually get out there in person. I always though I was bad at approaching and selling so this could be a great way to make progress. The idea of doing it was still scary but I need MONEY. Also I can't let @piano be stronger than me haha.

I knew right away that doing this alone would be annoying and demotivating as shit.
So I called up my buddy Michi and told him to meet me city center. There we met another good friend and offered him to join us on the adventure. After getting lunch we set out on the journey to find jobs. The first store I went into was a small random shit selling store that turned out to be a franchise so they already had a company cleaning for them. Interestingly enough I was not nervous at all and had a great conversation with the people there. Maybe I am just good at this...
For the next hour we probably went into 30 Stores. Michi turned out to not be great at selling and pitching, Jarno (the other guy) turned out to be a born salesman. We started working as a team and going through the stores effectively. It became really fun. Sadly there were no conversions in that hour but we ad a few people ask for business cards to call back later. After that hour we figured we needed to change something. So we hopped into the car and drove over to another town where people speak German. (The city we were in is a big immigrant city so most of the time we couldn't make good sales pitches since the store owners didn't understand german well)
The next city went way better. The people there spoke german and basically every interaction I had was positive and fun. I started responding to the "we already have a company" with " alright then I'll leave you my card anyways in case you want a better service". That was a really good one and I had lots of laughs with store owners and nice ladies at the cashier. Sadly there were still no sales. Then I got a call. It was a big car dealership from a different city. They had seen a flyer and wanted me to come over to give them a quote. Because of their size this could be a 1k job. That is, if I do it right and they paid lots for the last company that did it. Otherwise it's going to be a still massive 500 to 300 job.
After this adventure we went back to the car with still no sales. However I had one last idea: Aproach random people and ask them if they are interested. Did it work? No. But it was again lots of fun challenge each other to approach random people.

(Optional part, just a fun story)
How I hit 210 on the highway with my moms company car
On the drive back home we started playing Mario kart music in the car and just having a blast. I really enjoy this car (Opel zafira with 180hp and turbo). It's a minivan but has quiet some power. My car, a old vw caddy, is massive and cool and all but the performance just isn't there. So after some consideration I decided to go and have some fun on the highway. In Germany there is no speed limit on highways so this is totally legal. The first try I got to 160kmh before needing to slow down for a 100 sign. Since I saw that sign a bit late the brake was funny. The try I got it, one could really feel that the car did not appreciate it. It was at 4.5k rpm and the road was starting to feel really shaky. At 210kmh I was satisfied and gave the car reprise.
The adrenaline was mad and I wont do it again haha. I would also worry about gas but her company covers gas prices. The wonders of being a 100m a year private pharmacy company.

The conclusion for me is to not focus on door to door. Handing out flyers is more effective and perhaps I can couple that with door to door because it's just fun for a adrenaline junky like me.

However I now know that I am in fact not bad at social skills. I used to be a stupid kid so my family keeps telling me I am bad socially. Ha F*ck them. I am better at it then they will ever be. I am somewhat introverted but I never struggle to hold conversations.

If you see this, thanks for taking the time to read this monster of a post.

That said, I'm glad this was such a positive experience for you overall.

The conclusion for me is to not focus on door to door.

But you didn't really do it. And almost nobody gets results their first time out. So how is this the conclusion?

Last I checked, @piano doesn't need moral support to go out and close business door to door.

You're the one that said you're leaving thousands on the table by not doing door to door.

So you went out once with two buddies, had some laughs, and now you think it's not the right thing for you?

That doesn't add up.

(Psst... Now this is me calling you out. ;))

It's your business bro. If you're happy leaving thousands on the table while other people go door to door, I'll shut up.

You know, just a thought here. But maybe, you get that one buddy of yours to go door to door for you. Sounds like he's a natural...

Offer to pay him a commission off of every client he brings in and every job you do for that client for a year...

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Who me?

I think I'm getting a little too much credit here. All I did was take a screenshot of your catchphrase. I let you take that however you wanted to take it.

That said, I'm glad this was such a positive experience for you overall.

But you didn't really do it. And almost nobody gets results their first time out. So how is this the conclusion?

Last I checked, @piano doesn't need moral support to go out and close business door to door.

You're the one that said you're leaving thousands on the table by not doing door to door.

So you went out once with two buddies, had some laughs, and now you think it's not the right thing for you?

That doesn't add up.

(Psst... Now this is me calling you out. ;))

It's your business bro. If you're happy leaving thousands on the table while other people go door to door, I'll shut up.

You know, just a thought here. But maybe, you get that one buddy of yours to go door to door for you. Sounds like he's a natural...

Offer to pay him a commission off of every client he brings in and every job you do for that client for a year...

Yeah you have a point. My idea was that flyers and ads will be more efficient than store to store.

However I shouldn't draw conclusions from my first time doing something.
Since this was not bad at all I really don't see a reason to not do it again on weekends. It is after all the most direct way to put the offer out.

I identified that as the one thing I need to do every day.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Went to the dealership today and Holy shit.
Its a luxury car dealership and they have a beautiful building.
I quoted them 997 and said my team and me would go down to 697 because we really like the idea of working there.
The manager liked the offer and is talking to the boss later today.

She didn't want say what the others were offering but safe to say I undercut them hard. This is a job probably worth up to 2k. But whatever I like it and I want to do it.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Sales training baby

After my first go at door to door I realized that I need to level my game up. The one person I knew would be able to help me was my arch nemesis @piano .
So I went ahead and messaged him to go door to door together. After I got stuck in traffic in Frankfurts red light district for an hour I parked in a construction site and went to pick him up.
Then we went to a suburb nearby and did some door to door. His first tip was to work on my appearance. Thats a great one I didnt think of. The next one was to work on my speech and attitude. Speech is gonna be a long therm thing but dresscode and attituded will be changed from now on.

We then had some good fun selling and finding things to laugh about with the customers. At the end of the day I took 4 numbers home since he couldnt fulfill in that area.

Then I got lost in germanys stupidly complicated freeway system on the way home. I also got the red alert for running low on gas. Was this it? Would I be going to run out of gas on the highway? Luckily not and the car came in clutch and managed to go 30km on basically empty tank.

Now I really lost all fear of going door to door and that will be the key to making improvements.

Thanks to @piano for the small training and the leads and thanks to @BizyDad for getting me to take action on this former fear of mine.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Wait. Wait.

PLOT TWIST!! The only two window cleaning people on the forum live in the same city?!?!? Ohmygosh!!!!

This is the window washing drama we’ve all been waiting for!

ETA: just realized there’s another one of you guys! Love it!

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
I've just read the whole thread and it's really great what you achieved and what your goal is!
Concerning the problem with the German bureaucracy and the IHK, could you solve all the problems? May I ask, what insurance you use?

I did a little research a few months ago, maybe it will be helpful for you (I'll add it at the end). I found out that many resources recommend insuring many things (like Corporate Legal Protection Insurance and so on). You didn't do that, right?

Unforunately in german:
Deine Aufgaben bis zum Geschäftsstart
Welche Form?
  • Kleingewerbetreibender (Privat haftend) oder UG (nicht Privat haftend; doppelte Buchführung) → Vergleich: Einzelunternehmen gründen: die wichtigsten Punkte
  • Kleingewerbetreibender, da für den Anfang einfacher. Außerdem dauert das Auflösen einer UG mindestens 1 Jahr

Was kommt auf mich zu? Was muss ich dann tun?
  1. Gewerbeamt: Im örtlichen Gewerbeamt füllen Sie die Gewerbeanmeldung aus und erhalten den Gewerbeschein. Das kostet je nach Gemeinde zwischen 15 € und 60 €.
  2. Geschäftskonto: Eröffnen Sie nach der Gewerbeanmeldung ein Geschäftskonto, um private von betrieblichen Finanzen zu trennen.
  3. Finanzamt: Die Anmeldung beim Finanzamt nehmen Sie vor, indem Sie den Fragebogen zur steuerlichen Erfassung ausfüllen.
  4. Buchhaltung & Steuern: Die Buchhaltung will gut organisiert sein. Steuerangelegenheiten mit oder ohne Steuerberater machen, das ist hier die Frage.
  5. IHK oder HWK: Nach der Gewerbeanmeldung werden Sie Pflichtmitglied in der IHK. Für Handwerker ist es die Handwerkskammer.
  6. Berufsgenossenschaft: Die Anmeldung zu einer Berufsgenossenschaft ist auch für Kleingewerbetreibende Pflicht. Beiträge werden fällig, sobald Mitarbeiter beschäftigt werden (Melde dich bei einer Berufsgenossenschaft an)
  7. (Agentur für Arbeit: Wenn Sie nach der Gewerbeanmeldung Mitarbeiter einstellen, benötigen Sie eine Betriebsnummer von der Agentur für Arbeit.)
  8. Versicherungen: Um Krankenversicherung, Rentenversicherung bzw. Altersvorsorge muss sich ein Kleingewerbetreibender selbst kümmern. Auch betriebliche Versicherungen sind wichtig.
  9. Weitere Ämter & Tipps: Baugenehmigungen beim Umbau von Räumen, Geschäftsausstattung, oder AGB oder Website-Impressum sind weitere wichtige Punkte für Kleingewerbetreibende zum Start.
  10. Neben den Ämtern und Behörden sollte ein Kleingewerbetreibender nach der Gewerbeanmeldung folgende Dinge organisieren, damit sein Business von Anfang an richtig läuft. Dazu zählen:

Wie läuft es da ab? Versicherung? Krankenversicherung?

Bzgl. Steuern? → Steuerberater?

Welche Kosten kommen auf mich zu und welche Versicherungen brauche ich?
  • Anmeldung: ≤60€
  • Geschäftskonto
  • Versicherungen

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I've just read the whole thread and it's really great what you achieved and what your goal is!
Concerning the problem with the German bureaucracy and the IHK, could you solve all the problems? May I ask, what insurance you use?

I did a little research a few months ago, maybe it will be helpful for you (I'll add it at the end). I found out that many resources recommend insuring many things (like Corporate Legal Protection Insurance and so on). You didn't do that, right?

Unforunately in german:
Deine Aufgaben bis zum Geschäftsstart
Welche Form?
  • Kleingewerbetreibender (Privat haftend) oder UG (nicht Privat haftend; doppelte Buchführung) → Vergleich: Einzelunternehmen gründen: die wichtigsten Punkte
  • Kleingewerbetreibender, da für den Anfang einfacher. Außerdem dauert das Auflösen einer UG mindestens 1 Jahr

Was kommt auf mich zu? Was muss ich dann tun?
  1. Gewerbeamt: Im örtlichen Gewerbeamt füllen Sie die Gewerbeanmeldung aus und erhalten den Gewerbeschein. Das kostet je nach Gemeinde zwischen 15 € und 60 €.
  2. Geschäftskonto: Eröffnen Sie nach der Gewerbeanmeldung ein Geschäftskonto, um private von betrieblichen Finanzen zu trennen.
  3. Finanzamt: Die Anmeldung beim Finanzamt nehmen Sie vor, indem Sie den Fragebogen zur steuerlichen Erfassung ausfüllen.
  4. Buchhaltung & Steuern: Die Buchhaltung will gut organisiert sein. Steuerangelegenheiten mit oder ohne Steuerberater machen, das ist hier die Frage.
  5. IHK oder HWK: Nach der Gewerbeanmeldung werden Sie Pflichtmitglied in der IHK. Für Handwerker ist es die Handwerkskammer.
  6. Berufsgenossenschaft: Die Anmeldung zu einer Berufsgenossenschaft ist auch für Kleingewerbetreibende Pflicht. Beiträge werden fällig, sobald Mitarbeiter beschäftigt werden (Melde dich bei einer Berufsgenossenschaft an)
  7. (Agentur für Arbeit: Wenn Sie nach der Gewerbeanmeldung Mitarbeiter einstellen, benötigen Sie eine Betriebsnummer von der Agentur für Arbeit.)
  8. Versicherungen: Um Krankenversicherung, Rentenversicherung bzw. Altersvorsorge muss sich ein Kleingewerbetreibender selbst kümmern. Auch betriebliche Versicherungen sind wichtig.
  9. Weitere Ämter & Tipps: Baugenehmigungen beim Umbau von Räumen, Geschäftsausstattung, oder AGB oder Website-Impressum sind weitere wichtige Punkte für Kleingewerbetreibende zum Start.
  10. Neben den Ämtern und Behörden sollte ein Kleingewerbetreibender nach der Gewerbeanmeldung folgende Dinge organisieren, damit sein Business von Anfang an richtig läuft. Dazu zählen:

Wie läuft es da ab? Versicherung? Krankenversicherung?

Bzgl. Steuern? → Steuerberater?

Welche Kosten kommen auf mich zu und welche Versicherungen brauche ich?
  • Anmeldung: ≤60€
  • Geschäftskonto
  • Versicherungen
I already took care of basically everything.

I payed around 240 in fees so far and there might be a few more.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
A update towards the end of the month.

I made about 900€. Yeah not quiet the 1k but it's something, right?

NO.
I paid close to 700€ in fees and other bs costs this month. That leaves me with 200€ in profit but that just about pays for my own labour so bottom line, I made no profit.

Next month I am going to make more profit, though the big deal fell through. I really need to get photos for my website so I can have online ads on my side.

I did start this business with the sole intention of learning and I need to remember that. If my goal was to earn money I wouldn't bother with all the legal stuff and just go door to door like @piano who made lots more money than me this month.

Did I learn something at least? Yes.
It's too much to write down but in essence I now understand many things one can only understand after having a business.
It's kinda like playing a song on guitar. You can hear the song and have a theoretical understanding of it. You can play it soloed and slower to practice it.

But once you manage to play it at full speed with the backing track you "feel" it in a different way. I am a entrepreneur now. Not a looser student. Not a aspiring entrepreneur.

That means I will never again struggle to make my first € because that's behind me.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
The thing I learned is that you'll have bs fees and unexpected expenses every single month, so you just need to make more money to get more profit

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@Subsonic - check out my experience in hiring window cleaners, and why my wife hired them. It's in the Random Thread. Might be some takeaways there for ya.
Yeah just did and my main one is to just get on F*cking google.
I keep being too lazy but its obviously costing me customers. For the website Ill definetivly watch out to have a real "about" page and tell my actual story.

Thanks for the tips. Crazy how valuable it can be to just read how someone hired a basic window cleaner and why they choose their company.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Wait. Wait.

PLOT TWIST!! The only two window cleaning people on the forum live in the same city?!?!? Ohmygosh!!!!

This is the window washing drama we’ve all been waiting for!

ETA: just realized there’s another one of you guys! Love it!

The 2023/24 Fastlane Forum window washer wars are gonna be epic. Can't wait for the Netflix series.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
The 2023/24 Fastlane Forum window washer wars are gonna be epic. Can't wait for the Netflix series.
I think I'm gonna expand into Germany just to accelerate the inevitable.

hmm, someone sent me a package in the mail. I'll be right back.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Been running some Facebook ads with a simple before and after picture. I am going to check stats tonight to see how it's going. What I can say is that it's way easier than handing out flyers AND less expensive. I gotta optimize some more things about the ad tho.

Headline is probably stupid and I have no photos on my fb profile.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
So I got permanently banned from Facebook for some reason. No idea why but they said the only way I can dispute the restriction is in court so yeah. No more Facebook ads.

Site is done now finally. I had to deal with a bunch of legal shit again since copyright and privacy is stupid in Germany.

But I caught covid or something worse and I've been feeling horrible for the past 10 days.

I feel stuck right now. My average customer ltv is 100 and my cpa is like 40 at my current stats.
Oh my margins are also 45% so I make like 5 bucks per sale. This means I need to make my customers worth more.

The best way for doing that is commercial general cleaning. I currently have one 100 a month contract and after the first month I make 45 "passively" since I have someone who does the job for me.

Since this is working quiet well I am questioning whether I should continue down the window cleaning path or adjust to more general cleaning and make a really sick offer for some specific niche of physical locations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.