The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Marketing, social media, advertising

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Happy Sunday Fastlaners.

I'm gaging my target audience and setting up realistic expectations as I wait on others for progress on my product.

Total compatible households for the item in the US are 5 million. Customers to benefit greatly from the product I feel are 3 million.

But the real taters - figuring how many people would actually buy, perplexes me. I can't find sales numbers from competitors. Other products are getting 700 - 800 reviews on Amazon, a couple hundred on Walmart. It's a 20 dollar item, competitively priced that solves the issue other products missed.

I could pick a number and say I'll sell 5% of the market, but I just don't know. My question is, if licensing through a company already well established in the market, what percentage of the market typically buys? I know this depends on marketing and a lot of other things, I'm just looking for averages.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Been searching for days with no clear answers. I know it's mostly a guess, just wanted to see your experiences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Ask your self, who is your competition.

What is your competition doing currently? What kind of results are they getting? Are they a main brand? Understand their business.

Then dive into their financials, and discover what kind of revenue is being earned by the competitors with that product.

If you are having difficulty looking for these numbers, be more refined in your searching.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Your expectations are useless. Make a sale and worry about it later

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
My question is, if licensing through a company already well established in the market, what percentage of the market typically buys? I know this depends on marketing and a lot of other things, I'm just looking for averages.
In addition to what other posts in this interesting question have developed. Here is a simple option to consider. Get a survey going on where your marketmind is lingering and swimming. No need for a deep dive. Ask a survey question to your audience. Get some 'buy vibes' from some segment of your market. Get possibly a lukewarm or 'hot' presell lander operation going. Simple and sweet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.