The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Refurbishing furniture to sell on Gumtree

Idea threads

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 23, 2023
I'm supposed to be going from village to village cleaning windows, but I'm procrastinating on it because it's hard work.
I live under the notion that you should work smart, not hard.
My skills as a woodworker are very poor, although I used to attend a woodworking group.
At this group, I picked up a few skills on how to fit this piece to that piece.
I think MJ mentioned in his Unscripted book something about refurbishing old stuff being a good way of raising capital.
You can learn these skills easily through YouTube and pick up furniture from charity shops (thrift stores, in the US).
This is something I've been looking forward to, whereas cleaning windows and getting rejected is hard slog.
There's a lot of demand on the Nextdoor website for it, which I was initially using to get customers for my window cleaning side hustle.
None of the folks on Nextdoor want or need another window cleaner when there is already a company doing the work in that area.
It's a chance to hone my copywriting skills.
It may prove to be a more efficient business pursuit than organic skincare products, which I have no baseline level of skill in.
But we'll see.
It's a good plan B for in case my skincare business fails.
Old skills build employability and are something to fall back on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.