The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rare/Important Skills To Learn From Home Or Via Internet

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 22, 2015
Hey community,

I have been a diligent reader for months in this forum! Really nice place to hang out and find new ideas.

My current situation:
- have a B. Sc. in mathematics
- trading equities for a US hedge fund in the afternoon
- looking for more skills and abilities to make more money
- bound to home since taking care of my sick mum

Even though I studied mathematics I am not as much in it as one might think. I just completed it to have a degree (old mindset). My favorite focus lies on equities, finance, trading in general but there are also other areas I want to discover.

Since I take care of my sick mum at home there is no chance to attend any schools or universities or whatever that demand my physical appearance.

But I hate to stand still and not learning anything cool. My afternoon belongs to the hedge fund I trade with. After that I use italki.com to learn arabic (just another hobby) but there is so much time left in the morning to midday that I want to use to learn something that one really needs or that makes you more "important", something that will pay out in future.

Thought about a certificate like CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or CMT (Chartered Market Technician) but I somewhat am not sure if I should do them. Do you have better or lets say more lucrative ideas that I could follow? Something that only few people are able to do? Something cool that not necessarily has to do with career or whatsoever? Just feeling bored and I hate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey community,

I have been a diligent reader for months in this forum! Really nice place to hang out and find new ideas.

My current situation:

Even though I studied mathematics I am not as much in it as one might think. I just completed it to have a degree (old mindset). My favorite focus lies on equities, finance, trading in general but there are also other areas I want to discover.

Since I take care of my sick mum at home there is no chance to attend any schools or universities or whatever that demand my physical appearance.

But I hate to stand still and not learning anything cool. My afternoon belongs to the hedge fund I trade with. After that I use italki.com to learn arabic (just another hobby) but there is so much time left in the morning to midday that I want to use to learn something that one really needs or that makes you more "important", something that will pay out in future.

Thought about a certificate like CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or CMT (Chartered Market Technician) but I somewhat am not sure if I should do them. Do you have better or lets say more lucrative ideas that I could follow? Something that only few people are able to do? Something cool that not necessarily has to do with career or whatsoever? Just feeling bored and I hate it.
Welcome to the forum.

Have a look on Udemy? You can regularly get courses in their sales where many are reduced to $15 or less.

I too have a degree in Maths, albeit I graduated in '92. You can see what I'm up to now in the posts in my signature.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Hey, welcome To the forum.

Here's an article that may help you out - http://fourhourworkweek.com/2011/09/29/8-steps-to-getting-what-you-want-without-formal-credentials/

Thanks to the internet, we can learn anything from anywhere. It really comes down to what YOU want to learn.

In my opinion (and most peoples opinion on the forum) is that the most important skill in business (and life) is to know how to sell.

You can start off by learning how to write copy. This forum has a great thread for that. Here's the link - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ert-30-day-challenge-copywriting-group.50217/

Apply the prínciples in the first article I sent you, along with the Gary Halbert challenge. By doing so, you will have developed a valuable and marketable skill.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Hey community,

My current situation:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Hey, welcome To the forum.

Here's an article that may help you out - http://fourhourworkweek.com/2011/09/29/8-steps-to-getting-what-you-want-without-formal-credentials/

Thanks to the internet, we can learn anything from anywhere. It really comes down to what YOU want to learn.

In my opinion (and most peoples opinion on the forum) is that the most important skill in business (and life) is to know how to sell.

You can start off by learning how to write copy. This forum has a great thread for that. Here's the link - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ert-30-day-challenge-copywriting-group.50217/

Apply the prínciples in the first article I sent you, along with the Gary Halbert challenge. By doing so, you will have developed a valuable and marketable skill.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Oh, and one more thing...

These have been springing up lately. http://www.appacademy.io/?placement=www.thefastlaneforum.com&gclid=CMma9-yG_MkCFYQYHwodXCEH1Q

If the tech industry is something you are interested in, and have no prior experience, this is something you might want to look into. You will also learn valuable skills that can be applied to a future fastlane Business.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Checkout https://www.coursera.org/ helps if you can decide which further skills you want/need to learn.

I'm taking a free course on Machine Learning, might take a few other A.I courses and pay for the certification that comes upon completion of courses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MassiveProgress

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Dec 23, 2015
My take on it: I would suggest learn "how to learn efficiently" a number of books I have read which identify that all of us learn differently audio/visual and kinesthetic, this will help you learn anything including a language much faster for example take Rosetta stone which teaches by showing and connecting pictures.(that works for me but for maybe not other people)

Lastly if you want to just learn a bunch of staff identify your outcome (what are you going to do with that knowledge) and proceed accordingly.

All the best to you on your journey to knowledge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.