The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone else notice that the search results on DuckDuckGo have gotten worse and worse this year? I haven't used Google regularly in 3+ years and I find myself having to go back to Google for a lot of searches, obviously searches unrelated to anything remotely political.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Anyone else notice that the search results on DuckDuckGo have gotten worse and worse this year? I haven't used Google regularly in 3+ years and I find myself having to go back to Google for a lot of searches, obviously searches unrelated to anything remotely political.
When I started hearing DuckDuckGo ads on the radio I knew it was all over.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
When I started hearing DuckDuckGo ads on the radio I knew it was all over.
Looks like the company is still private, but got $100m in new investment about 6 months ago, with some of the early employees getting bought out:

The founder has spoken before Congress about breaking up Google. Looks like he is setting up the company to go public.

It is already worth close to $1B. He will be a billionaire soon enough. Not surprising that the search results are "changing" - they've got to increase revenue and make the company more attractive to Wall Street for the IPO.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Self improvement is masturbation.

This quote from fight club has changed my mindset. The whole movie was like watching “UNSCRIPTED ” unfold on the screen. Can’t help but draw parallels between the movie and MJ’s book.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I use you.com

It's a different browsing experience. It pulls results from Bing I think.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Yes, begrudgingly I've gone back to Goolag for some searches. DuckDuckGo has definitely taken a nose dive.

I use you.com

It's a different browsing experience. It pulls results from Bing I think.
Thanks I'll check it out.

The only other search engine that I'd consider that comes to mind is startpage.com
Anyone else have some recommendations?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
"You want to know what your purpose is. I can’t tell you. I can tell you that, whatever it is, you’ll have to work for it. Your purpose will not be found; it will be forged. What people experience as revelation is often a result of their resolve." (Eric Greitens, Resilience)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Just learned what ADRs are in the stock market... lots of foreign companies with closed books may just be smoke and mirrors. Could be the next CDO / big short.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"You want to know what your purpose is. I can’t tell you. I can tell you that, whatever it is, you’ll have to work for it. Your purpose will not be found; it will be forged. What people experience as revelation is often a result of their resolve." (Eric Greitens, Resilience)

Can't you just give me the exact steps? And if any step is too hard, can you mentor (show and then do it for) me? ;)

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i would like to rant about one thing, as an older FLer, i am trying to immerse myself with the younger crowd to figure out more opportunities, but i dont understand this discord, reddit crap, i mean jesus fing christ how do the youngsters do all that typing and sorting and bsing on all these social media sites from their phone!?!?! good lawd, no wonder why the soceity is going to €hit.. Much respect to the others that know how to navigate that or pay someone competent and crazy enough to keep up with all that noise!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
i would like to rant about one thing, as an older FLer, i am trying to immerse myself with the younger crowd to figure out more opportunities, but i dont understand this discord, reddit crap, i mean jesus fing christ how do the youngsters do all that typing and sorting and bsing on all these social media sites from their phone!?!?! good lawd, no wonder why the soceity is going to €hit.. Much respect to the others that know how to navigate that or pay someone competent and crazy enough to keep up with all that noise!
Im older guy and need to leverage social media for my business and I just picked a few to focus on, it gets easier, but yah I'd love to elimanate out of my life if could and will phase out my own use over time and pass to others.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Im older guy and need to leverage social media for my business and I just picked a few to focus on, it gets easier, but yah I'd love to elimanate out of my life if could and will phase out my own use over time and pass to others.
I don’t feel old, yet it’s crazy how much stuff there is to “keep up” with. So I guess I’m old now, it’s official. I don’t know discord. I don’t know 90%+ of what people do on the Internet. I don’t use FB or Reddit. I assume they are still big things.

And with all that I created a folder on my iPhone for all the messenger apps. It’s full of all kinds of apps. Different people text me with different apps. I can’t keep up.

And seriously, I’m not even “old” yet, just outdated. :(

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I don’t feel old, yet it’s crazy how much stuff there is to “keep up” with. So I guess I’m old now, it’s official. I don’t know discord. I don’t know 90%+ of what people do on the Internet. I don’t use FB or Reddit. I assume they are still big things.

And with all that I created a folder on my iPhone for all the messenger apps. It’s full of all kinds of apps. Different people text me with different apps. I can’t keep up.

And seriously, I’m not even “old” yet, just outdated. :(
Guess I peg myself as old as the game I'm in is a very young crowd, but not an official senior yet.

I keep to Instagram and FB which I loathe both but needed. I get Reddit and do well with it but use it lightly. Discord I've dabbled in but less now. Niche social media are popping up but just find it not worth it now but maybe later.

Good idea on the folder, I pass on all others thrown my way but like to know what is out there.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
I don’t use FB or Reddit.
this is the kicker. I know facebook heck i remember when that first came out it was targeted just for college students right LOL, but this reddit is a whole nother ballgame... You cant even post or get info without timeouts and Karma!! wtf is going on there mate! lol

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
on a more serious note, i have just learnt this but it is becoming a huge issue of importance here in western europe is the proper use whilst targeting the younger demographic-crowds of pronouns. I am not trying to sound like a "boomer" the term these scandinavian lads call me, (ugh) but apparantly while forming my copy, this has to be duly noted. Hope this helps any of yall that are catering to the younger audiences.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
MJ I don't like change stop updating the forum! (I'll forgot about it in a day)

Anywho, medicine is a political tool, and that has been the case for a while.

Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason: Michel Foucault: 8601401171874: Amazon.com: Books

oh yeah - nepotism gets a bad wrap, but the reality is that there is nothing more important than people you can trust, even if they're just barely competent enough to do the job. You want to surround yourself with people who have your back.

Hold on to people you can trust, and if they're bright on top of being trustworthy, then nail their feet to the ground so that they can never leave.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

oh yeah - nepotism gets a bad wrap, but the reality is that there is nothing more important than people you can trust, even if they're just barely competent enough to do the job. You want to surround yourself with people who have your back.

Hold on to people you can trust, and if they're bright on top of being trustworthy, then nail their feet to the ground so that they can never leave.
there is a reason why the largest franchises in the world focus on small owner-operators, particularly those who work together as a family. It’s because they put in superior effort and produce great results compared to those who go it alone.

Even Buffett follows this, often buying out closely held companies and keeping people on who were part of the original family if possible.

It is rare to find someone you can trust to share the same goals and incentivizes as you.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
on a more serious note, i have just learnt this but it is becoming a huge issue of importance here in western europe is the proper use whilst targeting the younger demographic-crowds of pronouns. I am not trying to sound like a "boomer" the term these scandinavian lads call me, (ugh) but apparantly while forming my copy, this has to be duly noted. Hope this helps any of yall that are catering to the younger audiences.
Use they for everyone. Even if you're referring to a single person.

You're welcome.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Same reason kings and tyrants have been using loyal people as counselors, not competent ones.

The best people for the job are very likely to oppose you or plot against you. They diminish your power. But you want it to go unchecked. So you surround yourself with the loyal ones. The droolers who will blindly execute your commands without questions.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What do pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine people have in common?

Both will never be fully vaxinated.

Ha ha ha.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This "fact checking" is out of control.

Posts I share in a private FB group get flagged and blurred out.
Then the fact check repeats the exact same thing the post said.

This is insane - reminds me of the Soviet Union, Fascist Italy, Cuba, or worse.

In this case, my post said "how did om1cr0n spread with travel banned in and out of Australia? Clearly didn't work" or something to that effect.

The Fact Check? "Travel restrictions DID NOT make it impossible for variants to spread." Banned my post. Warned me for potential group deletion.

No shit, Sherlocks at FB. This is psychopathic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.