The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This "fact checking" is out of control.

Posts I share in a private FB group get flagged and blurred out.
Then the fact check repeats the exact same thing the post said.

This is insane - reminds me of the Soviet Union, Fascist Italy, Cuba, or worse.

In this case, my post said "how did om1cr0n spread with travel banned in and out of Australia? Clearly didn't work" or something to that effect.

The Fact Check? "Travel restrictions DID NOT make it impossible for variants to spread." Banned my post. Warned me for potential group deletion.

No shit, Sherlocks at FB. This is psychopathic.

I'm not a huge believer in crypto and decentralization but this is exactly what decentralization should create: a social platform that nobody owns where you're free to chat with your friends about whatever you want in the same way as you can do it in real world (for the time being...). Nobody fact checking it, nobody censoring it, nobody to answer when the government comes knocking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

In this case, my post said "how did om1cr0n spread with travel banned in and out of Australia? Clearly didn't work" or something to that effect.

The Fact Check? "Travel restrictions DID NOT make it impossible for variants to spread." Banned my post. Warned me for potential group deletion.

I need you to have a little more... faith.

Zj5R8HZ.jpg

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Was thinking the same thing when I was scrolling through “NancyTracker” on Instagram. Almost every post had it and some were blurred showing a fact check message before hand.

Social media companies caring more about propaganda than their user’s experience.

Hopefully Zuck’s birthplanet teleports him home soon. Sick of his bullshit.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Give me a minute, I’m going to fact check what you posted above :rofl:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Give me a minute, I’m going to fact check what you posted above :rofl:

I apologize but our independent fact checkers have just established that your post contains false information and its veracity is being disputed. Consequently, we have taken the liberty of limiting your posting privileges.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I apologize but our independent fact checkers have just established that your post contains false information and its veracity is being disputed. Consequently, we have taken the liberty of limiting your posting privileges.
Oh F*ck.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Eat simple nourishing foods and drink plenty of water... That would not be allowed to even be spoken these days!!!! Taking care of your body and physical health is no longer allowed, and needs to be stopped at all costs. To even mention eating healthy is to shame those who don't want to! We can't have that

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You forgot this part -- if this continues, your posts will be limited to a smaller audience, and from there we may take actions including and up to:
a) temporarily disabling your account
b) permanently banning your account
c) sending in armed plainclothes officers to make sure there is never a trace of you ever seen or heard from again

Have a great day!! :smileyface: :smileyface: :rainbow: :rainbow:
# love wins

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Lol, I have enough belief in the downfall of humanity to simultaneously own their stock and not have a Facebook.
Was within days of finally deleting Facebook then I had to cancel the deactivation because its the platform the MMA gym I go to communicates with in an FB group. No one I know my age really uses Facebook anymore. All have accounts but never post.

The biased optimist in me hopes this could be the "last straw" where the normies wake the f up. I'm not counting on it though.

FEab_qiWYAAuB_L

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Was within days of finally deleting Facebook then I had to cancel the deactivation because its the platform the MMA gym I go to communicates with in an FB group. No one I know my age really uses Facebook anymore. All have accounts but never post.

The biased optimist in me hopes this could be the "last straw" where the normies wake the f up. I'm not counting on it though.

FEab_qiWYAAuB_L

Reminds me of this argument by Andreessen - that we should focus on the virtual against the "we prioritize improvements in reality over improvements in virtuality".

In a recent interview, Marc Andreessen broke down Reality Privilege:

Your question is a great example of what I call Reality Privilege. This is a paraphrase of a concept articulated by Beau Cronin: “Consider the possibility that a visceral defense of the physical, and an accompanying dismissal of the virtual as inferior or escapist, is a result of superuser privileges.” A small percent of people live in a real-world environment that is rich, even overflowing, with glorious substance, beautiful settings, plentiful stimulation, and many fascinating people to talk to, and to work with, and to date. These are also *all* of the people who get to ask probing questions like yours. Everyone else, the vast majority of humanity, lacks Reality Privilege—their online world is, or will be, immeasurably richer and more fulfilling than most of the physical and social environment around them in the quote-unquote real world.
The Reality Privileged, of course, call this conclusion dystopian, and demand that we prioritize improvements in reality over improvements in virtuality. To which I say: reality has had 5,000 years to get good, and is clearly still woefully lacking for most people; I don't think we should wait another 5,000 years to see if it eventually closes the gap. We should build—and we are building—online worlds that make life and work and love wonderful for everyone, no matter what level of reality deprivation they find themselves in.
Here’s a thought experiment for the counterfactual. Suppose we had all just spent the last 15 months of COVID lockdowns *without* the Internet, without the virtual world. As bad as the lockdowns have been for people’s well-being—and they've been bad—how much worse would they have been without the Internet? I think the answer is clear: profoundly, terribly worse. (Of course, pandemic lockdowns are not the norm—for that, we’ll have to wait for the climate lockdowns.)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Reminds me of this argument by Andreessen - that we should focus on the virtual against the "we prioritize improvements in reality over improvements in virtuality".

In a recent interview, Marc Andreessen broke down Reality Privilege:
This is disgusting.

I live in a small industrial town and spend most of my day in a cramped office, but I will ALWAYS choose reality over this virtual bullshit.

Can't believe how far these psychos will go. Sorry, not sorry.

--- to add: the REAL privilege that guy needs to realize is called "privilege of BEING ALIVE." That is the true gift we all have. Reality required.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
This is disgusting.

I live in a small industrial town and spend most of my day in a cramped office, but I will ALWAYS choose reality over this virtual bullshit.

Can't believe how far these psychos will go. Sorry, not sorry.

--- to add: the REAL privilege that guy needs to realize is called "privilege of BEING ALIVE." That is the true gift we all have. Reality required.
I am with you on this.

But remember this - this is coming from a guy who got us Netscape and one of the largest VC funds! This is a self made billionaire who is often right about world wide trends. He makes money by betting that his position is right.

So while I disagree with what he says at the base level, as a human being who enjoys real world... I cannot relate to the people who are so focused on the virtual that they agree with Marc. Meaning, that I am privileged by his definition and therefore my opinion is meaningless.

I am curious to hear your reaction to this @thechosen1 because you are younger and you are the right demographic for this debate.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I am curious to hear your reaction to this @thechosen1 because you are younger and you are the right demographic for this debate.
I'm probably not a good representation, but my take is a bit reactionary (this word might mean something bad by I literally mean having a reaction). I've been inundated with this stuff from a young age and have spent God knows how much time online, playing video games, from playstation to MMOs, flip phones to iPads... But I saved myself during college and became more of a productive, hands-on individual.

I think it's a bit of a crisis and tragedy that kids are losing time in the real world and not meeting up face to face as much.

As for this guy being a billionaire, I think it's important to distinguish between his genuine opinions versus his advertisement and endorsement of a product he has a financial stake in.

That is, he will probably profit from this, so obviously he's going to say it's great.

Public statements by public figures are almost never true opinions. They're weighed, measured, and said with a purpose. Especially in interviews, that are often little more than ads disguised as journalism.

In fact, he's a VC, so it's really obvious that he will want to invest in some high growth "metaverse" style companies.

-- but yes, I learned all of this from people older than myself who are rich and successful, with lots more experience. My peers don't get it, usually.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just the facts: If anyone is interested in news without agenda, spin, editorializing, and dumb a$$ politicization, try the 1440 newsletter -- it sends you daily *news* stripped of all the BS and tries to remain completely neutral. Of course, I have no idea what *news* they ARE NOT including which can be AS IMPORTANT. I'm still evaluating that...

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I'm not a huge believer in crypto and decentralization but this is exactly what decentralization should create: a social platform that nobody owns where you're free to chat with your friends about whatever you want in the same way as you can do it in real world (for the time being...). Nobody fact checking it, nobody censoring it, nobody to answer when the government comes knocking.
they had that didnt they? it was called parler but got shut down due to the marxist leninist cuckolds that have taken over the so called (free) world.
Gabs problem is that it will never be allowed (too many barriers politcally) and bitchute against Youtube, these two will never be allowed to gain enough of the market share to make a difference.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
“Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” Down in the dumps here, mentally.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Big tech is like giant parasitic mutation and evolutionary divergence standing on top of a giant pile of manure. Truth is their enemy.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The key to successful long term relationships, romantic or otherwise, is building together.

Business, politics, war, religion, art, invention, having kids, whatever - what really binds people together is a sense of shared mission.

"Play long term games with long term people."

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
“Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” Down in the dumps here, mentally.
In every life, a little rain must fall.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
The key to successful long term relationships, romantic or otherwise, is building together.

Business, politics, war, religion, art, invention, having kids, whatever - what really binds people together is a sense of shared mission.

"Play long term games with long term people."
In point of fact, my marriage is partly based on this concept. Still going after 19 years, and I've only been stabbed or maimed a handful of times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.