The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I don't know who needs to hear this, but Gyms are a joke and you've been played.

Never been bigger/stronger in my life, and you know what I did?

Lifted Rocks.

No Stronglifts, Starting Strength, PHUL, PHAT, Pounds, Sets, Reps, Musty Gyms, none of that.

1: Go outside, find a heavy rock.

2: Do compound movements with it. No time limit, the only rule is to push yourself.
(only caveat is stop when you can't safely lift the rock).

Then, come back the next day and repeat.

Is it lighter?

If Yes, Good. It's Working.

Find a heavier rock and start over.

Here's a real picture from yesterday:

View attachment 40469
That’s easy for you to say. Those of us with gym memberships have to die to quit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I don't know who needs to hear this, but Gyms are a joke and you've been played.

Never been bigger/stronger in my life, and you know what I did?

Lifted Rocks.

No Stronglifts, Starting Strength, PHUL, PHAT, Pounds, Sets, Reps, Musty Gyms, none of that.

1: Go outside, find a heavy rock.

2: Do compound movements with it. No time limit, the only rule is to push yourself.
(only caveat is stop when you can't safely lift the rock).

Then, come back the next day and repeat.

Is it lighter?

If Yes, Good. It's Working.

Find a heavier rock and start over.

Here's a real picture from yesterday:

View attachment 40469
You are being un-inclusive for those who do not live near rocks, or who do not have access to rocks. This is hurtful and I vote that you are banished from society.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Where did you get the 4,3%? I see 2,9% on their site right low, which I guess is going to be lower with volume.

View attachment 40460

Not really. I think it has been 3,5% for a pretty long time.

View attachment 40461

These inaccuracies aside, yes they are all expensive. Depending on your AOV, the fixed fees also hit hard. We do high volume, low AOV, and are therefore actually close to the 5%.

Payment processing is a nice racket if you are on the right side of it.

I think Stripe is the most expensive. They have nice marketing. And they need to finance a lot of additional products and the usual corporate virtue signalling besides actual payment processing. Somebody has to pay for that.

View: https://twitter.com/moizali/status/1450469287647395845
At $200m processed why doesn’t he switch to interchange plus? It’s gotta be cheaper than braintree’s flat rate.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
RoAdS anD BrIDgeS!

Anyhow, your comment reminds me of something...

Every afternoon/early evening, the wife and I take the dog for a walk at a nearby park.

One of the houses has this HUGE bay window where you can see inside to the home, which on the back wall, is a huge flat screen TV. It is so big, I can be standing 3 football fields away and see what is on the TV.

So in the last two dozen visits to the park, every single day/night the television is on.

Every.
Single.
Day.
Every.
Hour.

Not only is it on, but it is tuned to FOX NEWS where I can see Hannity arguing with people via the split screen. Or, it is Tucker, or some other character. It was even on Sunday night.

I found it terribly sad that no matter what time I'm at the park, whether it be 2PM or 7PM, that damn TV is on, and tuned to FoxNews. The wife and I first found it pretty amusing, now we find it sad.

I'm sure it has to be a retired person.

Imagine that... you worked 50 years of your life only to retire to your living room watching Fox News for the rest of your life. I can't imagine how angry, sad, and regretful that person's life must be. And of course, this isn't an attack on FOX, it could be CNN or NBC News. It doesn't matter -- the point is, this person is willfully participating in the greatest mass media operation in history, and wasting their life doing so.

I wonder, has consuming 3,100 hours of mainstream news made your life any better?

OR worse?

Sad, sad, sad...
In my neighborhood there is a house with the same.
Every day TV running.
I asked why.
They don’t look TV, but its cheaper and better than an alarm system.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
every single day/night the television is on.

Every.
Single.
Day.
Every.
Hour.
This is my mom & step-dad's house except CNN instead of Fox. I'm glad I don't go over to visit anymore because it's honestly sad to watch people you care about get so utterly brainwashed.

I just recently read that watching TV sends your brain into Alpha waves making you more susceptible to any message really. I stopped watching TV 15 years ago...but still better to know late than never.

Lifted Rocks.
Man...you just reminded me I was looking at these the other day: Rogue Rubber Atlas Stones
I've always wanted to mess around with these.
Nothing more satisfying than lifting something heavy and slamming it into the ground....I guess I'm a bit of a caveman :happy:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Heading to Houston tomorrow. Gonna get some of that famous BBQ.
Anyone from the area know a place I shouldn't miss?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Forget BBQ and do some Pappadeaux

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I love it too. It shows how kids aspire to become producers as well as being consumers.

Many kids just watch YouTube, and kids being kids they want to emulate those they follow.

I’ve watched my kids flawlessly mimic the intros from their favourite YouTube gamers. Us adults as so tangled up by worries about what people will think, and perfectionism, that we wouldn’t dream of hitting record never mind publish.
Aye to that.

In fact, I started helping my mum do her Instagram postings for her mutual funds consulting.

Mutual funds aren't exactly my favourite due to their Slowlane stance...but looking at the f*cked up r/WSB plays, there's demand for safer investments after the folks get burnt lol.

I knew very little about the platform as I rarely frequent it. But the few times I did hop onto Insta, I would check out how Alex Cattoni did her Instagram...she's a copywriter, but she's no slouch in other areas.

Before me, some Indian freelancer handled her content postings...and let's say he targetted too many foreigners (we are supposed to target LOCALS), and he basically just used 'definition-type' posts for Instagram (eg What do dividends mean?). Very poor variety of posts, lack of other outreach like Stories or Reels. My sibling actually set it up in the first place...very lazy of him to just hire it away because he didn't want to do the work. There's some family problems there...but that's another topic.

I started working on the Instagram page and posted something every day like what I see the Insta folks do...to decent results. It was like watering a dying plant back to life.

Maybe in a few weeks I'll open an INSIDERS thread on it.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Best BBQ in Texas can be found at the Salt Lick or many different independently owned BBQ places. Just look around! Small towns have lots of good ones. Houston is deeply urban but go further out and you’ll find the places where the country folk live lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Best BBQ in Texas can be found at the Salt Lick or many different independently owned BBQ places. Just look around! Small towns have lots of good ones. Houston is deeply urban but go further out and you’ll find the places where the country folk live lol
We have a salt lick now?

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Spotted a gap in the market on Amazon, could have the product made within a week, but I'm confused by this piece of guidance.

When selling in the food and beverage category in the grocery section you will need your products approved and verified by Amazon to insure that you are selling a product from a reputable supplier and that you have a consistent and stable relationship with that supplier. For this process Amazon will require three commercial invoices from your supplier covering a ninety day period indicating you have purchased product from this supplier in each of the last three months. This is a critical step that must be done correctly or it can lead to many delays in your ability to sell through the FBA platform.

But if I'm creating a new product, I won't have three commercial invoices covering a ninety day period?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Fastlaners.

There is nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency something that should not be done at all.

Plan, prioritize. Only work on important things.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
People in the US need to hear this. We're selling ourselves out on a massive scale. All the political rhetoric lately about "we have to bust billionaires to pay for our program that has no cost" is a horrible sham. If you can't see it after reading below, your brain is already microwaved and I can't help you. Let me explain.

First it was the $600 bank account inspections. Basically, every tiny bank account in America will be reported continuously to the IRS. Doesn't matter if they change the amount to $10,000... it affects anyone with a bank account, even a part timer. Does that sound like it targets billionaires? No, because their wealth is sheltered all over the world, and certainly not in tiny bank accounts. It is surveillance, and it's leading in the direction of confiscating wealth from the middle class. Will inspecting all these tiny bank accounts increase revenue so we can "build back better"? No, because they have to DOUBLE the size of the IRS to do it. Double! Does that sound like profitable banditry?

Now it's "we're going to tax UNREALIZED capital gains," and thereby "target billionaires." Really? So let's examine what that means. Unrealized means you haven't sold the asset, so you don't have any money from it yet. But they're going to tax you for it. I suppose then you'll be forced to sell the asset to pay the taxes won't you? Do you figure some billionaires might help you out by buying it at firesale prices? I bet some of them would love to help you.

Ok, but what's an example of an unrealized capital gain? Well, your house, your retirement plan, your small business, interest on life insurance, employee options plans, stocks held in an investment account... huh... it sounds like things non-billionaires have, doesn't it?

I bet someone is thinking, "but they'll exempt people's houses!" What if they do? Will they exempt small businesses? Stock portfolios? Baseball cards? Even if they exempted most things, they're still expanding a terrible, draconic precedent. They're asserting "we can tax you on something you don't even have. We can make you sell an asset to cash out our taxes." Think that won't be expanded? Have fun in the coming dark ages if you're that naive.

What about those billionaires?! It will get them too right? Well very likely not, because they have sophisticated tax shelters, and can do their accounting in such a way that their assets never appear to grow in value. They can hire a legion of CPAs and people with PhDs in finance and JDs in Taxation Law. Plus, they have money stashed all over the world, let's be clear about that.

Please note: there are a few more than 600 billionaires in the country. It would be easy to target them if that's what anyone was trying to do. If they said "this only applies to people with over 1 billion in assets" nobody else would be affected. But that's not the plan.

All this is is a cash grab backed up by unprecedented surveillance of individual wealth, targeting the middle class. Just like all the income tax talks, it has nothing to do with billionaires (as if billionaires care about income tax... what #^#@ income?). This time, they've got their eye on the whole bag. If we're stupid enough to let this go because "it targets evil billionaires reee," I think we're done. Seriously, this is the item on the checklist that you know once you mark the box, we're going full Venezuela. And I mean fast.

Politicians, government bureaus, and academics live off of taxes. What they don't eat or spend on their projects, they lend to Fortune 100s and billionaires, or use to guarantee loans for the same. Even the Justice Dept is jumping in, talking about redlining. How does the government lend billionaires billions, and then not understand the mystery that a lot of their loans don't go to people in poor minority neighborhoods? Obviously, they know who they lent the money to, but sure let's investigate the "mystery." Stop falling for this ridiculous diversion!

They're never going to target billionaires, and they see you as a source of revenue. And it's no wonder they don't respect people's intelligence and humanity enough to see them as peers, because all they have to do is say "rich folks" or push any of a number of emotional buttons, and an army of mindless shills jumps in to defend the very people who take food out of their children's mouths, and attack anyone who asks questions.

Take a minute and think about it.

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
People in the US need to hear this. We're selling ourselves out on a massive scale.

We’ve already been sold out for years. The back door was wide open. If it hasn’t been nailed to the ground it has already been stolen thanks to hooker politicians and their corporate partners. Not to mention their globalist thug bankers at the Fed and their funny money scam system.

At this point how far can the mop be twisted to get every drop of water they can get.

At this point it’s just a giant shell game. It’s a one party system run by faceless entities. It’s why one of their favorite tools is the media. They know human nature can be controlled by the senses and if we can’t see the man behind the curtain they got it made.

I remember I had a little altercation with an unprofessional customs officer and he yelled some BS at me like “well, you have to be a good citizen!” I was like bro wtf does that even mean anymore LOL.

At this point it pains me to say that if anything is redeemable it might be by force as history has shown. Or by some other means of tossing the whole system into the vortex of a flushed toilet.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
We’ve already been sold out for years. The back door was wide open. If it hasn’t been nailed to the ground it has already been stolen thanks to hooker politicians and their corporate partners. Not to mention their globalist thug bankers at the Fed and their funny money scam system.

At this point how far can the mop be twisted to get every drop of water they can get.

At this point it’s just a giant shell game. It’s a one party system run by faceless entities. It’s why one of their favorite tools is the media. They know human nature can be controlled by the senses and if we can’t see the man behind the curtain they got it made.

I remember I had a little altercation with an unprofessional customs officer and he yelled some BS at me like “well, you have to be a good citizen!” I was like bro wtf does that even mean anymore LOL.

At this point it pains me to say that if anything is redeemable it might be by force as history has shown. Or by some other means of tossing the whole system into the vortex of a flushed toilet.
I totally agree, but this seems like the part where we finally roll over the precipice and freefall to an unceremonious splat.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I totally agree, but this seems like the part where we finally roll over the precipice and freefall to an unceremonious splat.

We are definitely at an inflection point in history and anybody in touch with their higher selves knows it. And most people are not even aware. History is unfolding for sure. Weird times.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

People in the US need to hear this. We're selling ourselves out on a massive scale. All the political rhetoric lately about "we have to bust billionaires to pay for our program that has no cost" is a horrible sham. If you can't see it after reading below, your brain is already microwaved and I can't help you. Let me explain.

First it was the $600 bank account inspections. Basically, every tiny bank account in America will be reported continuously to the IRS. Doesn't matter if they change the amount to $10,000... it affects anyone with a bank account, even a part timer. Does that sound like it targets billionaires? No, because their wealth is sheltered all over the world, and certainly not in tiny bank accounts. It is surveillance, and it's leading in the direction of confiscating wealth from the middle class. Will inspecting all these tiny bank accounts increase revenue so we can "build back better"? No, because they have to DOUBLE the size of the IRS to do it. Double! Does that sound like profitable banditry?

Now it's "we're going to tax UNREALIZED capital gains," and thereby "target billionaires." Really? So let's examine what that means. Unrealized means you haven't sold the asset, so you don't have any money from it yet. But they're going to tax you for it. I suppose then you'll be forced to sell the asset to pay the taxes won't you? Do you figure some billionaires might help you out by buying it at firesale prices? I bet some of them would love to help you.

Ok, but what's an example of an unrealized capital gain? Well, your house, your retirement plan, your small business, interest on life insurance, employee options plans, stocks held in an investment account... huh... it sounds like things non-billionaires have, doesn't it?

I bet someone is thinking, "but they'll exempt people's houses!" What if they do? Will they exempt small businesses? Stock portfolios? Baseball cards? Even if they exempted most things, they're still expanding a terrible, draconic precedent. They're asserting "we can tax you on something you don't even have. We can make you sell an asset to cash out our taxes." Think that won't be expanded? Have fun in the coming dark ages if you're that naive.

What about those billionaires?! It will get them too right? Well very likely not, because they have sophisticated tax shelters, and can do their accounting in such a way that their assets never appear to grow in value. They can hire a legion of CPAs and people with PhDs in finance and JDs in Taxation Law. Plus, they have money stashed all over the world, let's be clear about that.

Please note: there are a few more than 600 billionaires in the country. It would be easy to target them if that's what anyone was trying to do. If they said "this only applies to people with over 1 billion in assets" nobody else would be affected. But that's not the plan.

All this is is a cash grab backed up by unprecedented surveillance of individual wealth, targeting the middle class. Just like all the income tax talks, it has nothing to do with billionaires (as if billionaires care about income tax... what #^#@ income?). This time, they've got their eye on the whole bag. If we're stupid enough to let this go because "it targets evil billionaires reee," I think we're done. Seriously, this is the item on the checklist that you know once you mark the box, we're going full Venezuela. And I mean fast.

Politicians, government bureaus, and academics live off of taxes. What they don't eat or spend on their projects, they lend to Fortune 100s and billionaires, or use to guarantee loans for the same. Even the Justice Dept is jumping in, talking about redlining. How does the government lend billionaires billions, and then not understand the mystery that a lot of their loans don't go to people in poor minority neighborhoods? Obviously, they know who they lent the money to, but sure let's investigate the "mystery." Stop falling for this ridiculous diversion!

They're never going to target billionaires, and they see you as a source of revenue. And it's no wonder they don't respect people's intelligence and humanity enough to see them as peers, because all they have to do is say "rich folks" or push any of a number of emotional buttons, and an army of mindless shills jumps in to defend the very people who take food out of their children's mouths, and attack anyone who asks questions.

This is a fantastic post Rabby, good enough to be featured in newspapers and magazines to try and make some people realize what's going on.

I've already shared it to a number of people if that's okay with you. No names or anything of course. If it's okay, others should share too. It would make a great chain email, letter, or other such post.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
We are definitely at an inflection point in history and anybody in touch with their higher selves knows it. And most people are not even aware. History is unfolding for sure. Weird times.
0D32967A-9E54-48DB-B4BC-C2D75B6C3A06.jpeg

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

I don’t mean to spread negativity or a doomsday perception. And I will cut down on topics like this. But I do think it’s helpful to be aware of the playing field to best know how to approach it. We still have a purpose and a goal but a plan is needed.

There is a lot of opportunity but I think in this social and economic environment someone starting from zero needs a special awareness to navigate. That’s what my intentions are in line with.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This is a fantastic post Rabby, good enough to be featured in newspapers and magazines to try and make some people realize what's going on.

I've already shared it to a number of people if that's okay with you. No names or anything of course. If it's okay, others should share too. It would make a great chain email, letter, or other such post.
Please do share. People need to realize this is happening. There's an army of shills with terminal Stockholm syndrome, fighting for their own demise. The truth needs to get out there.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I don’t mean to spread negativity or a doomsday perception. And I will cut down on topics like this. But I do think it’s helpful to be aware of the playing field to best know how to approach it. We still have a purpose and a goal but a plan is needed.

There is a lot of opportunity but I think in this social and economic environment someone starting from zero needs a special awareness to navigate. That’s what my intentions are in line with.
Sorry I think you took this the wrong way, I meant it as a positive message to anyone like me or possibly you who is a little stressed about what’s going on, definitely keep talking about this and other things that are going on.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

This part of the forum is for rants, so I get it, and this post isn't to personally challenge you, so I hope it doesn't come across that way.

I just don't see the point in any of us spending time thinking about this. Messages like this get shared every day - here, on Facebook, on podcasts. With the exception of telling people to "think about it" or to "wake up," they always leave out the call-to-action.

• What do you think should be done about this?

• What should any specific person do about this?

• If this is so important to you, what are you going to do about this?

Faceless people ranting doesn't stop faceless machines from stealing.

This post isn't from anger, but curiosity.

I don't understand the value in putting your time and energy into things that you have no control over, don't have solutions for, and aren't likely to act upon even if a clear action (beyond signing petitions that disappear into the wind) becomes known.

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that these manifestos are intended to motivate someone to act. But who? And what action? Do weapons come out? Do buildings explode? Do people die? Because in wars, people die, and it isn't pretty.

Usually, when people go to war, there is, at least, a perceived clear enemy. In a faceless system, who is the enemy? Who are you after? Who do you act upon?

And if the answer is that there is no clear answer, then what is the point in ranting to wake people up about the actions that they should take upon unknown entities when no organized group exists to back up these would-be freedom fighters, and no leader has emerged to give those people direction?

Everyone wants everyone else to wake up to this invisible tyranny and do something about it. Nobody steps forward to lead - to rally the woken toward some purpose, some act of change. Nobody takes those actions upon their own shoulders. To do so almost certainly leads to one of these outcomes:

1. Prison
  2. Death

Lacking a clear enemy, direction, and motivation, to me, it seems that the most sensible action anyone can take is to stop spending their time thinking about how bad the world is, and start spending their time learning how to survive in it going forward.

Focus on your business. Your escape plan. Your contingencies. Your family. Your belief systems. Your community. Your personal sense of enjoyment and wonder and helping those around you to achieve that too.

Those are things you can affect change on now.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I'm just missing something, but I've never understood the purpose in worrying about things that I'm very unlikely to change, or act upon, even if I thought I knew how that change should come about.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

This part of the forum is for rants, so I get it, and this post isn't to personally challenge you, so I hope it doesn't come across that way.

I just don't see the point in any of us spending time thinking about this. Messages like this get shared every day - here, on Facebook, on podcasts. With the exception of telling people to "think about it" or to "wake up," they always leave out the call-to-action.

• What do you think should be done about this?

• What should any specific person do about this?

• If this is so important to you, what are you going to do about this?

Faceless people ranting doesn't stop faceless machines from stealing.

This post isn't from anger, but curiosity.

I don't understand the value in putting your time and energy into things that you have no control over, don't have solutions for, and aren't likely to act upon even if a clear action (beyond signing petitions that disappear into the wind) becomes known.

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that these manifestos are intended to motivate someone to act. But who? And what action? Do weapons come out? Do buildings explode? Do people die? Because in wars, people die, and it isn't pretty.

Usually, when people go to war, there is, at least, a perceived clear enemy. In a faceless system, who is the enemy? Who are you after? Who do you act upon?

And if the answer is that there is no clear answer, then what is the point in ranting to wake people up about the actions that they should take upon unknown entities when no organized group exists to back up these would-be freedom fighters, and no leader has emerged to give those people direction?

Everyone wants everyone else to wake up to this invisible tyranny and do something about it. Nobody steps forward to lead - to rally the woken toward some purpose, some act of change. Nobody takes those actions upon their own shoulders. To do so almost certainly leads to one of these outcomes:

1. Prison
  2. Death

Lacking a clear enemy, direction, and motivation, to me, it seems that the most sensible action anyone can take is to stop spending their time thinking about how bad the world is, and start spending their time learning how to survive in it going forward.

Focus on your business. Your escape plan. Your contingencies. Your family. Your belief systems. Your community. Your personal sense of enjoyment and wonder and helping those around you to achieve that too.

Those are things you can affect change on now.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I'm just missing something, but I've never understood the purpose in worrying about things that I'm very unlikely to change, or act upon, even if I thought I knew how that change should come about.
You have a point, but I have actually seen a difference happen when things get shared repeatedly and spread enough.

In fact, many people have connections with policy makers and can pressure them to do something. I know plenty of people in my state government who can make a difference.

To me, this is a lot like entrepreneurship.

Why do people here believe it’s possible to get rich and change your future but not possible to influence the direction of policy?

Both are possible through action.

You either believe that you have some influence on the world or you don’t.

I would think everyone here would know that they can, in fact, have influence on the world around them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.