The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOVE THAT! Thanks man!

You'll love the mag, second page is a private jet advertisement. It's tends to be an option traders magazine, but options trading tends to be only about 10% of the magazine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You'll love the mag, second page is a private jet advertisement. It's tends to be an option traders magazine, but options trading tends to be only about 10% of the magazine.
I just subscribed. The content is very entertaining.

Nikhil09

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 10, 2020
India
Random thought: There is no human who knows what any god does anything.
the unknown is unknown.

There can be billions of gods, and still no reason to assume any of they have anything to do with putting us anywhere.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Dam pre 2000's music is some good stuff, can't find any good stuff that's recent anymore....

Am I old? :rofl:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Dam pre 2000's music is some good stuff, can't find any good stuff that's recent anymore....

Am I old? :rofl:
A bit of science, but before you open the spoiler below, mind that author of video changed thumbnail to one that touches the line of NSFW. Probably for clicks... Anyway, content is solid just don't keep that thumbnail opened when boss comes in ;)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I wonder if it'll show its youtube revenue?

uPyvoel.jpg

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I know where my FU pile is going :clench:

Haha I’ve always wanted to get into aircraft as well but it’s for rich folk for sure. Tons of training, costs and maintenance.:happy:

I’ve known people who live in private house communities where they live in a private airport. They have it all set up like a private corporation.

Already learned my lesson on toys. Even if you pay cash for a cool car it’s money flushed down the toiled in depreciation and maintenance. Not to mention the money I could have made if I wouldn’t have spent it. Dumb.:happy:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I'll never stop being amazed at how some of the dumbest products out there become so successful. They do have some great copy writing though, brilliant stuff.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View attachment 34590

I'll never stop being amazed at how some of the dumbest products out there become so successful. They do have some great copy writing though, brilliant stuff.
Oh wow. I was wondering when someone would bring out a see through mask. It makes perfect sense. People currently can’t see other people smile, and they can’t see people’s lips move when they talk. I must admit I find myself asking people to repeat themselves all the time. I’d buy one just from the image. Sales people and carers would likely benefit from them. Also the emergency services and teachers.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

As much as I hate masks, this actually solves a real problem.

This, plus what Andy said:

People currently can’t see other people smile, and they can’t see people’s lips move when they talk. I must admit I find myself asking people to repeat themselves all the time.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
View attachment 34590

Oh wow. I was wondering when someone would bring out a see through mask. It makes perfect sense. People currently can’t see other people smile, and they can’t see people’s lips move when they talk. I must admit I find myself asking people to repeat themselves all the time. I’d buy one just from the image. Sales people and carers would likely benefit from them. Also the emergency services and teachers.

My immediate thought process is:

That'll fog up.
Maybe they've come up with some kind of ventilation system so it doesn't?
Actually wouldn't that defeat some of the point?

I was unusually wearing glasses yesterday when I went to the supermarket, popped my mask on when I got there & was immediately reminded of just one of the millions of reasons I prefer contact lenses.
Even though they were outside of my mask they were fogging up like crazy. I was glad for the coverage of the mask so people couldn't see all the ways I was attempting to distort my mouth & direct my breath elsewhere. :rofl:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I may be in the wrong business.....

I'm amazed people would spend $544 on this. I think I'll try charging an insane price for my own product and see if it works, already feel a bit iffy charging almost double the current average price, although I do have a few value skews.. :praise:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm amazed people would spend $544 on this. I think I'll try charging an insane price for my own product and see if it works, already feel a bit iffy charging almost double the current average price, although I do have a few value skews.. :praise:

Wow, that's ridiculous. I have a feeling that many people will buy it as a luxury product and/or virtue signaling. "I am a 'responsible' citizen AND am rich as hell."

Meanwhile, I refuse to spend any money on a mask. I just use an old keffiyeh (and look like a terrorist LOL).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I may be in the wrong business.....

View attachment 34591

Ah. I didn’t see the price. I’ll stick to my disposable surgical masks.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
View attachment 34590

Since its Italian and what not, can't you make such "not a mask" for $5 and sell for $10?

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ever heard of the "dark triad" personality types in psychology?

Dark triad - Wikipedia

These are the types of people you should never marry or do business with.

They tend to be common in certain professions including...business.

I would never hire or partner with anybody that shows signs of these personalities.

I'm no misanthrope but im also not a punching bag for peoples bs.

Never been a fan of the hardcore ruthless tit for tat type of business personality either.

Be good and be nice.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ever heard of the "dark triad" personality types in psychology?

Dark triad - Wikipedia

These are the types of people you should never marry or do business with.

They tend to be common in certain professions including...business.

I would never hire or partner with anybody that shows signs of these personalities.

I'm no misanthrope but im also not a punching bag for peoples bs.

Never been a fan of the hardcore ruthless tit for tat type of business personality either.

Be good and be nice.

lol

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
So I’m reading the 1913 federal reserve act because I’m tired of not knowing how our economy works. It’s almost as if no one wants you to know.

And as I was reading it, the act itself admits it’s a private corporation. Then I realized the previous 7 private central banks of the US had a charter that expired. So does the FED have an expiration date? Nope.

I found it right here:
12 U.S. Code § 341 - General enumeration of powers

“ To have succession after February 25, 1927, until dissolved by Act of Congress or until forfeiture of franchise for violation of law.”

What a coincidence, an amended clause right before the Great Depression. WTF?:oops:

It has a permanent charter until congress tells them to scram or they break the law. The fed has three goals: maximize employment, stable prices and moderate long term interest rates. It has failed to live up to the promise.

Power to print money in perpetuity. What’s the net present value of that? Wow.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I don't know about you guys but I am a little worried about Covid20 PRO. I hear that the only way to slow the spread is democide this time.

download.jpeg

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So I’m reading the 1913 federal reserve act because I’m tired of not knowing how our economy works. It’s almost as if no one wants you to know.

And as I was reading it, the act itself admits it’s a private corporation. Then I realized the previous 7 private central banks of the US had a charter that expired. So does the FED have an expiration date? Nope.

I found it right here:
12 U.S. Code § 341 - General enumeration of powers

“ To have succession after February 25, 1927, until dissolved by Act of Congress or until forfeiture of franchise for violation of law.”

What a coincidence, an amended clause right before the Great Depression. WTF?:oops:

It has a permanent charter until congress tells them to scram or they break the law. The fed has three goals: maximize employment, stable prices and moderate long term interest rates. It has failed to live up to the promise.

Power to print money in perpetuity. What’s the net present value of that? Wow.

If you want some real fun look up malinvestment and the likelihood of a boom and bust business cycle without government creating bubbles.

Austrian school talks a lot about malinvestment.

It also never fails, they "fix" the problem with more government after blaming capitalism.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
D

Deleted78083

My business partner is coding a website based on an idea I had. He takes care of everything technical, and I take care of the rest. As we speak, there is not much to do for me until he finishes coding the minimum viable product. When it's done, we'll look for funding.

In the meantime, I'm flying to Budapest next Tuesday, officially for holidays, but I'm not intending on using my return ticket. I think I'll stay there until Christmas instead, doing volunteering work to get a roof over my head while developing my hobby websites and learning data science in my free time.

Hopefully by Christmas, we'll be able to start looking for funding.

I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

My high school friends have all been working for 4 years in good high-paying corporate jobs, some of them are getting married, others bought houses, and I'm just there learning how to make a directory website with wordpress, jumping from one student room to the next with the equivalent of 6 months of food on my bank account (if I don't pay any rent) and literally no plan whatsoever about how I could make money otherwise. Everything I own is in my brother's basement.

As I am (finally) exiting university, life is getting serious and I must take responsibilities for myself. That might just be the scariest thing I have ever done, and I have no idea if I'm up to the task or not. I've lived my whole life within the structure of normalcy, following what had been laid down for me and now that I find myself seriously deviating from the standard curve in a world free from rules, safety nets and practical "how-to" notices, stress, doubt and self-inflicted social pressure are assaulting my confidence and determination. I guess it's the desert of desertion. And to think it's only the beginning.

OneLife

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 8, 2019
Israel
So I made it a goal of mine to buy a specific car for $35k in November, considering I'm making pretty decent money with my soul sucking 9-5. (Working there to fund my ecom dream)

While I was re-reading Unscripted , I was thinking to myself - why the F*ck would I do such thing?

The only reason I wanted that car, was mostly because it would show to other people that I "made it somewhere". I wanted to be perceived as successful by people that have nothing to do with my life. (Mind you, I would need to finance the car for at-least 2-3 years to be able to afford it)

So I'm gonna buy a car for $4k, cash. If I can't afford to buy something at-least 2-3x, I'm not gonna buy it.

Then if I'll ever feel self-conscious driving my "cheap mazda", I'll remember all of those scripted people financing their cars for years just to be perceived as something they're really not, and invest my money wisely.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Today, I truly underestimated how f*cked up college kids in business school are.

How so?

Enter my Integrative Business Practices unit in my current semester.

It’s a fantastic unit, where you can research markets and channels to create products and strategy with the canvas model and stuff.

The lecturer also gives lots of feedback and pokes lots of holes in your strategy straight-faced.

But what sucks?

The students I am paired up with for group assignments.

They aren’t the worst sort who ghost themselves or never contribute- but they just mostly pulled general crap from the textbook and they didn’t look at forums, markets, competitors and stuff to make the pitch presentation decent.

I was assigned to do an empathy map section for our latest presentation-and I nailed it by review-and-Reddit mining the hell out of the sleep/wake-up market, since our product was a sleep/wake up lamp.

Found out what books the target market would read (e.g habit books like Miracle Morning)

Their fears (e.g fear of landing a shitty job because of waking up late)

Their gains (e.g so happy to go to sleep or wake-up without phone-binging)

Since I was gonna have a trip for the weekend(it was last week), I sent in my work early to the group.

And that was the ONLY work that was done by us overall...across the 3-4 days before the presentation (today)

needless to say, they did last minute work all of yesterday...and let’s say my lecturer had plenty of feedback for us after our presentation.

Me thinks that could have been mitigated if we met even one time for lecturer consultations, but I was SICK and TIRED of ‘playing hero’ and shepherding around. I let someone else be the group leader, and she doesn’t have the iron-grip of Lee Kuan Yew, for some reasons.

I listened to the other presentations of the other groups, and I got the same

I realised that:

-most business school students had NO business starting a business, if they never did their research

-Group assignments DO NOT simulate the workplace, no matter how much the profs tell you they do.

I can’t fire, negotiate, filter as fast and furious as I do with freelancing.

we have anti-loafing measures like meeting minutes and peer reviews, but how much can they work? And the issue is not lazy kids, but simply because the folks taking the unit are WEAK.

By weak, I mean folks who only ‘do work’ and not bring new, powerful things to the table.

I’m not going to take over as group leader...I’ll let the current one continue as long the others don’t complain. I’ll just suggest ideas off and on, but I’ll just fill in whatever I’m asked to do.

Maybe it might make things worse, but in my last few semesters,over-delivering on my college work doesn’t even earn me extra money or a client testimonial.

This greatly enrages me because I’ve done similar business projects last semester (on my own) and in a social enterprise unit in college...with more solid-headed folks-to good results.

It also makes me real angry, seeing how business school kids fail-epic by starting off any work without even looking what their market thinks.

Not even a 3-5 min Reddit search!

That’s F*cking wrong, and your product is dead before it’s even born.

Looking at folks discuss fluff in their presentations is like seeing Noah’s flood in action-destruction and dismay.

Try that stupid shit as a copywriter in a John Carlton-era agency, and you’ll end up jobless and half-naked under a bridge in a few days.

If this is what I can expect from my current generation of business school students, I can’t blame employers for treating interns like cheap-chess pieces.

TLDR: Just F*ck group assignments and ignorant, ‘I’ll do the bare minimum’ business school kids who have poor time management skills and poor initiative to research (despite X hours of Business Analytics unit time)

This is one reason why I don’t want to enter the workforce and get a job. I don’t want to work with idiots like them.

All the more reason to freelance or do my own business or catch my own meat.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.