The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Just a quick mention,

A common theme you'll read a lot on this forum is about a business that was doing poorly but they pivoted the same idea and put a different twist on it and it became the goldmine.

I feel like this may be happening to me now?

I'm going to see this one through.

Hope you all had a happy Christmas!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Like to post something but it doesn't need its own thread?

This thread is for you!

Thought I'd create a random thoughts and chit-chat thread for anyone who'd like to post something, but it doesn't need it's own thread.

For example, I just learned today that an idea I had years ago for an airport valet service is now reality. Not only is it reality, but it is growing and grabbing funding.

The service is EXACTLY as I envisioned it would be.

OAK and LAX Long-Term Airport Parking : Never Park Again

Darn it!

The old, "Damn, I had that idea!!" strikes again!

That said, I might invest as they are taking accredited investor money.
MJ, is there a public thread to share our daily progress towards the Fastlane? I mean the Daily Execution threads

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I just made search on google for "making money".
You might think that the "best" search in the world
will give you comprehensive sites with tips and strategies.
Yeap?

Right?

Nope.....
The very first result on top of google, for query that probably gets millions views is:

"Top ways to make money online and offline:
1. No-risk matched betting. Hands down the quickest way to make a lot of money (well, without breaking the law)
"...

You can't go lower than that.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm curious - without discussing actual politics (as I know the forum doesn't encourage arbitrary political discussions).

Is there anyone here that refrains from even paying attention to politics? I find US politics extremely interesting and I catch myself getting riled up by the "opposing" side, but part of me thinks it's such a massive shit show of a distraction that has been going back and forth for years.

Last edited:

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I'm curious - without discussing actual politics.
Is there anyone here that refrains from even paying attention to politics? I find US politics extremely interesting, but a massive shit show of a distraction.

Ever since my Fastlane wake up call I've generally steered completely away from anything politics. I don't even fully identify with one party or another.

Plus, I can't control a damn thing when it comes to global trade, wars, even the environment. (Many left-wingers would strongly disagree).

I choose to put my focus on things I can control. My business, my well-being.

*Side-note; you should watch some old bits from George Carlin. He pretty much sums it up in the best way :rofl:

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I'm curious - without discussing actual politics.
Is there anyone here that refrains from even paying attention to politics? I find US politics extremely interesting, but a massive shit show of a distraction.

When I was in high school, I went with a few others down to Washington DC for a week long conference and got to sit in the House of Representatives. It was pretty cool to do that. If I remember right, I got to sit in the seat that was assigned to a representative from Kentucky.

The purpose was to create a mock debate to try to pass a bill or whatever so for a week we would be in our groups working on whatever and then try to work with caucuses. I was in the leadership group so I was always busy doing something while the other people I went with would be hanging out and having fun. One of the days, I was put in with another group to "spy" on them and see what they were trying to come up with or how they were trying to derail our side. I literally had no idea what I was doing.

At the end of the week, they had everyone in a large room and they appointed someone to be the house speaker and then everyone debated back and forth. I was sleep deprived every day and I understood nearly zero about the entire process so I didn't know what was going on. I didn't have an interest in government back then but was picked as my school/teachers saw me as a future leader.

I ended up meeting a kid who was on the Nickelodeon tv show, "Wild and Crazy Kids" so that was neat. He was there as part of the conference too.

Since then, though, I've had an interest in what they do and the potential to shape the country. It's just sad that we have two sides who don't get along. I could rant about this quite a bit, but it baffles me that you can have a group of people who make such bad decisions with incomplete information just because they have an "ideal" of the way things should be without fully thinking through the consequences.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Since then, though, I've had an interest in what they do and the potential to shape the country. It's just sad that we have two sides who don't get along. I could rant about this quite a bit, but it baffles me that you can have a group of people who make such bad decisions with incomplete information just because they have an "ideal" of the way things should be without fully thinking through the consequences.

This actually sounds like a cool experience! Best we got at that age was going to city council to debate whether smoking in restaurants should be allowed.

Agreed I think politics is important so it's good to be informed but being "fans" of parties or politicians and getting heavily invested can be a waste of time.

I think the best quote about politics I've heard (can't remember who it was from) was "You shouldn't be be FANS of politicians. They're not pop stars - you should be for them when they make good decisions and criticize them when they make bad decisions".

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Is there anyone here that refrains from even paying attention to politics? I find US politics extremely interesting and find myself getting riled up by the "opposing" side, but in reality it's such a massive shit show of a distraction.
Yes. I actively refrain from following politics, especially from the media.

All the stuff I need to know trickles down to me without me making an effort to find out about it.

The rest of the stuff, I'm convinced, is intentionally created to be as addictive as possible to make people become polarized and irritated (if not infuriated) with the other side.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
After today's games surely Jerry Jones sacks Jason Garrett?

OnTheWrox

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 14, 2019
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I'm pretty sure I got catfished yesterday. Not 100% sure, but like 70% sure.

Welp, they got me. NEVER AGAIN!!

It's happened to many of us at some point. Be happy you didn't have to explain yourself to innocent bystanders because the date was not only a catfish but a freaken A**h%!# and you didn't have to walk off, then block the crazy fish later that evening because repeatedly called like a psycho!

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I'm curious - without discussing actual politics (as I know the forum doesn't encourage arbitrary political discussions).

Is there anyone here that refrains from even paying attention to politics? I find US politics extremely interesting and I catch myself getting riled up by the "opposing" side, but part of me thinks it's such a massive shit show of a distraction that has been going back and forth for years.

Love me some politics....I just started dating a girl I've known for over 8 years, who I just found out is working at a high level gov't org.

The best part is...we're kind of on "opposite sides." And it keeps the relationship spicy.

I use that phrase loosely, because if you take a side. You've already lost.

To me, it's a fascinating chess game. Seeing how individuals and groups (on both sides, and in conjunction with each other) navigate the power struggle.

In business, however, knowing how to play the politics game at a local level, pays dividends. A lesson I learned from a couple of my clients.

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Love me some politics....I just started dating a girl I've known for over 8 years, who I just found out is working at a high level gov't org.

The best part is...we're kind of on "opposite sides." And it keeps the relationship spicy.

I use that phrase loosely, because if you take a side. You've already lost.

To me, it's a fascinating chess game. Seeing how individuals and groups (on both sides, and in conjunction with each other) navigate the power struggle.

In business, however, knowing how to play the politics game at a local level, pays dividends. A lesson I learned from a couple of my clients.

Yep it is very interesting. Dealing with people is always such an important skill and underestimated.

Weirdly enough - not sure if this has always been a thing but around the time I was in college (early 2010's) I started noticing a rise in this weird trend of being unlikable. Like having "haters" and "not caring what people think" was some badge of honor. Not that being "likeable" is always part of politics - just a random thought lol.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I said somewhere on this forum that I was looking forward to seeing Ad Astra...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCNKuB93BA

Saw it over the weekend, it was probably the worst movie I've seen in over a decade. I'm guessing that it only got to a screen because of the big names in it. Zero character development, zero character connection (you simply don't care about any of the characters and their stories) and terrible plot. I'd go on but the movie already stole 2 hours of my life.

Is there anyone here that refrains from even paying attention to politics?

I usually pay attention to how politics is reported which is slightly different than the politics themselves.

That way I can find the truth and expose the narrative engineers, IOWs, the liars.

As the divergence between truth and lie gets wider as put forth by the media (corporate journalism in this country has been dead for years) I know the republic is closer to collapsing like ancient Rome. I'd like to be living in the middle of nowhere when it happens.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

I live in Canada, and I find US politics so hilariously dramatic. But the funny part is, Canadians get SO invested in US politics. They'll talk about American issues as if they're happening in Canada. Maybe because our politics are so boring by comparison.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
As the divergence between truth and lie gets wider as put forth by the media (corporate journalism in this country has been dead for years) I know the republic is closer to collapsing like ancient Rome. I'd like to be living in the middle of nowhere when it happens.

This is the part that I think is important though. Like @Ninjakid I'm a Canadian too but I think politics (especially US politics) is a good indication of culture. We're lucky enough to be alive in the most peaceful and prosperous era and region of the world ever (so far) but a lot of experts agree with you that the stability we have in North America is much more fragile than most people think and we could plunge ourselves into a collapse easily.

And we have this new generation of self-absorbed young people who think the world owes them something because they're alive, they think capitalism needs to be "torn down" and that our system is built on patriarchy, etc. And of course politicians play directly into it trying to stoke the fire just for power. Not that these are the only people who are causing problems - and it goes both ways.

Anyway , I'm no expert - just ranting lol.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, is there a public thread to share our daily progress towards the Fastlane? I mean the Daily Execution threads

There's a public category... create your own thread and write in it like a journal.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
I was at the cinema tonight and I watched Matrix with my dad.
Anyway, just to say that everytime they say Matrix, you can replace it with the Script.
Truly amazing :rofl: .

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
I said somewhere on this forum that I was looking forward to seeing Ad Astra...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCNKuB93BA

Saw it over the weekend, it was probably the worst movie I've seen in over a decade. I'm guessing that it only got to a screen because of the big names in it. Zero character development, zero character connection (you simply don't care about any of the characters and their stories) and terrible plot. I'd go on but the movie already stole 2 hours of my life.

I usually pay attention to how politics is reported which is slightly different than the politics themselves.

That way I can find the truth and expose the narrative engineers, IOWs, the liars.

I am looking forward to 1917. Hits theaters here in Sacramento on the 9th!

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
[huge pointless pathetic rant incoming]

This post is mostly just for me to vent because I'm at a point in my life that I don't know what to do anymore.

I hate just about every aspect of my life.

I'm in my late 30s with nothing to show for it. Just took (yet another) new slowlane job chasing money/happiness and all it does is depress me more. I'm miserable from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep.

I just wanted to create something with my life, and when I look back I've done nothing. Barely have any friends, making less money than most people I know, and I don't see any end to it. I know the "you're dead over 35" thread wasn't totally serious, but that's how I feel. I feel like I've wasted what little time I have on completely pointless activities and busy work.

I know starting a business isn't easy, and it isn't an overnight thing. But I just feel like if I could actually do something that I cared about and could be successful it would fill a void I feel in myself.

But I don't. I just come to work every day, read threads about other people taking action, and think about my lacking skillset and how I can't accomplish anything.

I'm just tired. I have a birthday coming up and I just don't even care. It's just a reminder that I've lost another year of doing absolutely nothing.

I'm an only child and grew up in a house where my mom always told me how "great" I was. It was the worst thing that could have ever happened to me. Now I'm completely paralyzed because nothing seems good enough, and I feel like I fail at everything.

Anyway, my "break time" is up and I'm back to wasting more time away at something I hate doing because it's the "right thing" to do so I can support my family.

Here's to another year I guess.

[/rant]

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
[huge pointless pathetic rant incoming
We’re about the same age. In my case my dad told me I was the greatest/best/most/etc. In my early teens I learned that was far from true. My early thirties inflated my ego and I realized I was telling myself the same, forgetting to praise the work/process.
Lucky I have a wife who will tell me to quit whining and do something!
but yeah. I know what you’re describing.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reminder, tomorrow is the last day to pay your Estimated Taxes for 2019, Quarter 4. This applies to US residents who have significant profits from their LLC or S-Corp.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
:rofl: kid played it very cool when the tennis player turned around as well!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.