The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Girlfriend came back from work today and told me that nine people at her office got fired. They did nothing wrong, yet their life has taken a blow under the guise of 'restructuring.' It's sad, but just another reminder that that is the risk we take when we choose to work forever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
This is more a rant towards myself I guess. I feel like I'm my own bouncer outside of a club. One side of me wants to get it, and the bouncer side just keeps shoving me back on the street.

I have had my FTE, but I'm paralyzed on where to go next. I know step 1 is "JUST START" but I don't even know which direction to take the first step. Service business? Online store? Consulting?

What the hell is wrong with me, why can't I just make a decision??

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This is more a rant towards myself I guess. I feel like I'm my own bouncer outside of a club. One side of me wants to get it, and the bouncer side just keeps shoving me back on the street.

I have had my FTE, but I'm paralyzed on where to go next. I know step 1 is "JUST START" but I don't even know which direction to take the first step. Service business? Online store? Consulting?

What the hell is wrong with me, why can't I just make a decision??
got a progress thread?
what are your top 3 options?
what is mvp / investment to do all 3?

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I get a daily list of multi-million dollar homes/estates in the valley (5M+) for inspiration and design ideas. Every so often I'll look to see who owns the house and see what they do for a living. It's my little form of confirmation bias that never fails me.

Every time, the owner of one these palatial estates is a Fastlaner, or a Slowlaner with massive intrinsic value (doctor, athlete, etc.)

I like making a game of it and guessing what the owner does. Entrepreneur is always the safest, winning bet.

For instance a $9M house just came up for sale in my town.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13950-E-Bighorn-Pkwy-Fountain-Hills-AZ-85268/95103403_zpid/

I guessed entrepreneur.

I looked up the owner and sure enough, inventor/entrepreneur.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix...technology-inventor-puts-9m-ultra-modern.html
(Looks like the house was for sale prior as well.)

Point is, you can always trust Fastlane mathematics to be behind big wealth. I wrote about it ten years ago and it still holds true today.

I’d do the same thing when new members joined the club I was at in La Quinta. Either Fortune 500 executive or Entrepreneur without fail.

The craziest part which goes along with the blockbuster myth is that 90% of the business owners had a business that nobody has heard of, yet they were buying a $3,000,000 second home. When I would golf with them and get to know their life story the bedrock of success was always the same “I just got started and it grew”

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
got a progress thread?
what are your top 3 options?
what is mvp / investment to do all 3?

No I don't. I haven't made step one, that's not much progress to track! The thread would mostly just be a list of 20 ideas and not knowing which way to go from there.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
No I don't. I haven't made step one, that's not much progress to track! The thread would mostly just be a list of 20 ideas and not knowing which way to go from there.
make the thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The craziest part which goes along with the blockbuster myth is that 90% of the business owners had a business that nobody has heard of, yet they were buying a $3,000,000 second home

Yes! That has been my experience as well. All of the companies are pretty non-descript businesses I never even heard of. Heck one guy just owned a landscaping company that did well in the state.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Random Thoughts : Last Thursday one of my close relative passed away . He was an inspiration to me . He started from zero and built a very successful business . He lost one hand due to an accident at a young age . He could have sit at home and cursed his fate but he was a fighter . He started a small Tuition class at home . He taught basic Mathematics to kids for living . Slowly he opened a school and then few more schools . His schools now have over 1000 kids . He was always smiling ,always very respectful and very passionate. His story is one of Hard work, being humble and not complain ever. I am sad that god took him away so early (he was mid 40s only) . God took away his hand at young age, made him work so hard and when all was falling in place took him away :( .
Few things I learnt from him :
- Never Complain however bad your situation is.
- Always be humble , treat other with respect.
- You can die anytime so always try to live your fullest . There should be no place of sadness , suffering . Just fill your life with work and march towards your aim . If you succeed your life will be worth living ,if you fail you will die satisfied that you never gave up on your dreams .
May his soul rest in peace.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yes! That has been my experience as well. All of the companies are pretty non-descript businesses I never even heard of. Heck one guy just owned a landscaping company that did well in the state.
I think I know why.

Instead of paying more dough to blow up the business all over the news, they are keeping it for the actual business growth and themselves!:playful:

@Bhanu, my condolences for your relative's passing.

I come from a background where I see lots of teachers live and work around me as well. Teaching is a noble profession indeed.

Last edited:

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Where are some relatively inexpensive places to relocate to and hustle? Looking to quit and go fulltime Fastlane by June. My business can run from anywhere, just curious on all your thoughts!

Thanks!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Social Media: The Addiction to Fear

I know the topic about social media has been beaten to death. But I've come to a significant realization when I was looking at my Facebook feed (yes unfortunately I still have one).

Social media is based on fear.

If you go on Facebook, you'll notice almost everything you see is there to repulse you, shock you, or inform you about something terrible. You're constantly bombarded with bad news.

It's a brilliant tactic. Our primitive brains are conditioned to look for danger.

On social media, it's VERY easy to find things to be anxious about.

Honestly, how much on Facebook is uplifting, inspiring, or meant to make you feel grateful, or wanting to be kind to others?

It's really easy to get people to pay attention when they are terrified.

The result is you get sucked into a cyber-illusion designed to keep you paying attention to everything that could possibly hurt you.

And Facebook and other companies make money off your anxiety. Not to mention pharmaceutical companies making money for every anti-anxiety and antidepressant doctors prescribe.

It also makes me take a step back and think about the impact I want to have on the world I don't want to benefit off appealing to the worst in people. I don't want to profit off people's misery.

Instead I want to add positivity and goodwill into the world. I think we could all use some more of that.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The only magazine subscription I have is to Barrons, which actually is a newspaper.

Thought the cover of this week's issue was quite telling...

IMG_0638.JPG

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
And Facebook and other companies make money off your anxiety. Not to mention pharmaceutical companies making money for every anti-anxiety and antidepressant doctors prescribe.

I don't understand why people don't understand this. If you unplug, you'll be a lot healthier. I guess it doesn't help when people are surrounded by others who are egging them on. I mean...grownups? o_O

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I also need to start a progress thread. I'm so wishy washy that I can't even decide to start a thread wherein I can be wishy washy. Total fear of judgment. :wideyed:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Funny how on forums people are shy about posting profile pictures yet people will posts anything and everything on facebook, instagram etc. And yet these companies track everything about you and forums don't.:somber:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

I know the topic about social media has been beaten to death. But I've come to a significant realization when I was looking at my Facebook feed (yes unfortunately I still have one).

If you go on Facebook, you'll notice almost everything you see is there to repulse you, shock you, or inform you about something terrible. You're constantly bombarded with bad news.

It's a brilliant tactic. Our primitive brains are conditioned to look for danger.

Honestly, how much on Facebook is uplifting, inspiring, or meant to make you feel grateful, or wanting to be kind to others?

The result is you get sucked into a cyber-illusion designed to keep you paying attention to everything that could possibly hurt you.

It also makes me take a step back and think about the impact I want to have on the world I don't want to benefit off appealing to the worst in people. I don't want to profit off people's misery.

Instead I want to add positivity and goodwill into the world. I think we could all use some more of that.

Well spotted - i wondered about this when reading/watching traditional news channels or websites.
80% of articles are about some tragic incident,murder or a house fire.

This means that facebook just turned into ordinary news channel.
I don't know, i haven't used it in years ;)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

If your Facebook feed is full of negativity it's because you've chosen to follow pages and people that are negative. You literally choose what sources of information you want to follow. You can block anyone or any page you like.

It's not Facebook's fault that traditional news sources use the same clickbait scare tactics for clicks as they do for headlines in newspapers, for example, whilst I'm a sports fan I've recently unfollowed all Fox Sports affiliated pages, couldn't stand the clickbait bulls*t from their "journo's".

Every so often I'll get a private message to my business account that the person doesn't like what I've posted and I should take it down. I advise them to unfollow my page and follow pages with content they do like. They have the power!!!
If they want to keep arguing with me I block them. Now I'll never upset them again, Bearcorp doing his bit to promote positivity on Facebook :rofl:

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Currently. :wideyed:

F5F12B50-1249-49AA-963C-D45A40A619EB.jpeg

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
So Conor McGregor said he's retiring today...

Not sure what to think about it. He's obviously frustrated that the Cerrone fight negotiations fell through.
But then again, it's not like he needs the money.

Plus with all the legal issues he has going on, I don't know how he can focus on fighting.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
So Conor McGregor said he's retiring today...

Not sure what to think about it. He's obviously frustrated that the Cerrone fight negotiations fell through.
But then again, it's not like he needs the money.

Plus with all the legal issues he has going on, I don't know how he can focus on fighting.

If he does retire, what a career. Surely he goes to WWE now, he's still got alot of money to make, only 30 years old.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
If he does retire, what a career. Surely he goes to WWE now, he's still got alot of money to make, only 30 years old.
True, but I feel as a fighter he's fallen short of his potential. He never had a rematch with Khabib, never did the Diaz trilogy, and never defended a championship.

It's no secret though, he's in it for the dolla dolla bill, and he doesn't need to fight for that.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
True, but I feel as a fighter he's fallen short of his potential. He never had a rematch with Khabib, never did the Diaz trilogy, and never defended a championship.

It's no secret though, he's in it for the dolla dolla bill, and he doesn't need to fight for that.

Would have loved to see the Diaz trilogy, who knows this could be another fake retirement to raise this stocks even more, whatever he does I can't see him sailing off into the sunset just yet!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Would have loved to see the Diaz trilogy, who knows this could be another fake retirement to raise this stocks even more, whatever he does I can't see him sailing off into the sunset just yet!
Here's the thing, the last few years with McGregor, I haven't felt the same energy from him. It seems like he can't recapture that same passion from 2013-2016 when he was knocking everyone out.
And I thought it was weird after he lost to Khabib, he hadn't spoken to his coach in months.
Then his coach said publicly he wouldn't train him for anymore fights unless they were really big, and thought Conor should retire.
Not only that, he hasn't been around SBG much recently. He was training at American Top Team in Florida. Maybe it's just because he wants to be in the States, but it seems like he's oddly distant from his coach.

He has his Whiskey business too and over $100M. I honestly think he's lost interest in the fight game.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
As an experiment, I just wanted to see how my mom and one of my friends reacted/responded to the idea of the Fastlane concepts found in MJ's books.

I brought up my business and how once I scale, I can live from anywhere, and traditional 9-5 just doesn't work for me. I mentioned client acquisition and providing value.

...crickets

They were both completely dumbfounded and my friend kept trying to reason with me to play it safe and get a steadily paying slowlane job.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that this life isn't for everyone.

Also I can't say it enough, but thanks for this forum. It's nice to see so many other like-minded folks just as "crazy" as me. :playful:

Keep killin' it,
Andy

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Random thought for today:

If you can't beat them... learn from them!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MailCheat(Chimp) removes itself from the Shopify marketplace...

MailCheat(Chimp) Statement on Shopify Partnership | MailCheat(Chimp)

Amazing what happens when a company goes public (Shopify) they turn into assholes who think they can control everything, including your user data.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I've always been very influenced by others, and their opinions of me. This is actually why I go to great lengths to make sure others are helped, which is both helping and hurting my Fastlane timeline.

My friends are all getting into my head about getting a safe, steadily paying job, never taking any risk.

It's just not me.

I'm just looking to uproot from all of this, move somewhere brand new, and HUSTLE.

I know the moment I tell them my plan, they'll freakin' lose it. But I can't think about that.

This is about ME.

I know lots of you have been through similar scenarios. I just thought I'd post this up.

I know what I need to do, and I won't let fear dictate a decision.

That is all, thank you

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
As an experiment, I just wanted to see how my mom and one of my friends reacted/responded to the idea of the Fastlane concepts found in MJ's books.

I brought up my business and how once I scale, I can live from anywhere, and traditional 9-5 just doesn't work for me. I mentioned client acquisition and providing value.

...crickets

They were both completely dumbfounded and my friend kept trying to reason with me to play it safe and get a steadily paying slowlane job.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that this life isn't for everyone.

Also I can't say it enough, but thanks for this forum. It's nice to see so many other like-minded folks just as "crazy" as me. :playful:

Keep killin' it,
Andy

I've always been very influenced by others, and their opinions of me. This is actually why I go to great lengths to make sure others are helped, which is both helping and hurting my Fastlane timeline.

My friends are all getting into my head about getting a safe, steadily paying job, never taking any risk.

It's just not me.

I'm just looking to uproot from all of this, move somewhere brand new, and HUSTLE.

I know the moment I tell them my plan, they'll freakin' lose it. But I can't think about that.

This is about ME.

I know lots of you have been through similar scenarios. I just thought I'd post this up.

I know what I need to do, and I won't let fear dictate a decision.

That is all, thank you

The best way to show people your new found direction isn't by talking to them about it, but by taking action. Spend 6 months, 12 months making something happen and then you'll have them asking "wow how did you earn all this money" or "wow your so lucky". If they want to learn they will come to you for advice, otherwise crack on and make it happen :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.