The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
This song not only has a spine-chilling riff but has lyrics that echo the anthem of the sidewalk.

View: https://youtu.be/wTP2RUD_cL0?si=qsXY-66uo5YXcg8m

Downplaying the hardships of the producers to lead to their success ("money for nothing, chicks for free") while simultaneously being envious & wishing they were there ("I want my MTV"). People are talking about the riff, but the lyrics do stand out for a mindset you don't want to have.
A classic. I love this song.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Forget about New Year Resolutions, giving people false senses of hope for their unclear goals.

What are your goals for 2024 and how will you reach them?

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 4, 2019
This song not only has a spine-chilling riff but has lyrics that echo the anthem of the sidewalk.

View: https://youtu.be/wTP2RUD_cL0?si=qsXY-66uo5YXcg8m

Downplaying the hardships of the producers to lead to their success ("money for nothing, chicks for free") while simultaneously being envious & wishing they were there ("I want my MTV"). People are talking about the riff, but the lyrics do stand out for a mindset you don't want to have.
It's funny you posted this, I just saw this clip like 10 min ago haha.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Forget about New Year Resolutions, giving people false hope for their unclear goals.

What are your goals for 2024, and how will you reach them?
I've already got my goals defined; I need to post them.

How will I achieve them? One step at a time. We can't be overwhelmed by the mountain, but we can take daily action towards it—iterate, iterate, iterate.

I know it's a boring response, but it's all it is.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

How will I achieve them? One step at a time. We can't be overwhelmed by the mountain, but we can take daily action towards it—iterate, iterate, iterate.

The only correct answer. You win a trophy

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

IMG_3493.jpeg

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Hellooooo fastlaners, I am the ghost of future to come.
I'm posting from the future of 2024, we still don't have flying cars, but we do have persistent inflation and the democraps advocating for estate and boosted income taxes.
Will you accept eating dirt in the rat race, or try to do something different this year and unscript yourself?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Yuja Wang released an album of Rachmaninoff a few months ago, and it’s incredible.

I think if I had to choose a handful of tracks I could only listen to for the rest of my life, it would be his 2nd piano concerto and variation 18.

Incredible.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
It's the 1st of January 2024.

I'm 29, haven't had a job for a year, lost 90% of my blogging income for violating CENTS, live at my parents', have no clue where I'd like to go live as I've already lived everywhere, have no work experience, no prospects for finding a job, no girlfriend, and my friends hardly want to hang out which I can't blame them for.

I just have this forum to tell this to, which I'm really grateful for.

This year will be decisive. Wish me luck.

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia

I'm 29, haven't had a job for a year, lost 90% of my blogging income for violating CENTS, live at my parents', have no clue where I'd like to go live as I've already lived everywhere, have no work experience, no prospects for finding a job, no girlfriend, and my friends hardly want to hang out which I can't blame them for.

Alternatively you could say "Being 29 gives me the perfect mix of being young and experience which is a great time to explore new avenues. Not having multiple commitments taking up my time gives me an opportunity to reflect, and set new meaningful goals and, if necessary, upskill. I now know a few things that don't work for me. Not being in a relationship is a whole lot better than being in a crappy one and gives me the freedom to truly understand what I am looking for in a relationship."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I thought this was so valuable, that I had to post it here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM_ORIAXGHI

An absolute masterclass on organizational & personal productivity, and decision making.

This guy also has one of the best books I've ever read called "Impossible, Unless..?" which takes into account the achievement of impossible goals, antifragility, theory of constraints, decision making etc. And it's not even on amazon.

Certainly one of those under-recognized books @MJ DeMarco talks about.

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

What do you think your issue is?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I thought this was so valuable, that I had to post it here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM_ORIAXGHI

An absolute masterclass on organizational & personal productivity, and decision making.

This guy also has one of the best books I've ever read called "Impossible, Unless..?" which takes into account the achievement of impossible goals, antifragility, theory of constraints, decision making etc. And it's not even on amazon.

Certainly one of those under-recognized books @MJ DeMarco talks about.
I read this as @Antifragile being interviewed. Talk about branding, I thought this was the man himself!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Have you got a progress thread? Maybe post about your blog in there and people can help

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
huh the fastlane have to do hard work well now its hurting my scores also i got 50% in maths(g10) today when i got the score well atp i have no clue what to do maths dosent get in my brain!!!!!!!!!!! and now the slowlane people around me abusing me i have no future im just ranting out here to clean my mind.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023
huh the fastlane have to do hard work well now its hurting my scores also i got 50% in maths(g10) today when i got the score well atp i have no clue what to do maths dosent get in my brain!!!!!!!!!!! and now the slowlane people around me abusing me i have no future im just ranting out here to clean my mind.
Focus on school, once you get better at school and you can keep consistent, good grades then add to it with your fastlane ventures. Don't exhaust your brain by trying to juggle multiple things at once.

DEM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 5, 2015
Someone whose content in the service based business sector I was REALLY enjoying, has just started putting out a bunch of collab content with Grant Cardone :(

There's still a lot of good things I'll be able to take from his previous content, of which there is a lot, but that's ruined it for me going forward now. He's really sucking his nuts too.
Tigran by any chance. Just a random guess.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Don't let the abuse get to your head and heart.

It's a good thing you know there's a problem...and the problem is bad. How many kids just let the shit remain
on their report cards until they flunk out of school?

Check this book out to give you a clearer understanding on doing math and science better:

I was a science stream student myself, and even for my college degrees, I picked some math-y majors: finance and business analytics. While the bulk of my routines just involved hitting up practice questions...looking back at the book, I had been using many of what it preached without realising it.

You can have a future.

But only if you take the courage to solve your problems-- even if its just one at a time.

This is what we believe in this Forum.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Yuja Wang released an album of Rachmaninoff a few months ago, and it’s incredible.

I think if I had to choose a handful of tracks I could only listen to for the rest of my life, it would be his 2nd piano concerto and variation 18.

Incredible.
Sounds like something that I need to check out

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
IMG_2597.jpegthis guy is a F*cking legend of investing

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
It’s f’ing weird the type of things people will do for YouTube views.IMG_3530.jpeg
And it’s also sad that it’s effective.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It’s f’ing weird the type of things people will do for YouTube views.View attachment 53330

This is the new strategy in marketing where it's OK to use thumbnails that are complete lies, fabrications, or fake.

But marketers don't care because "It'S eFfeCtIve aNd MarKetinG GurU SaiD it OK To MaKE ShiT uP."

How do you get the speedway pass role?

I believe 100+ posts.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Nov 21, 2016
It’s f’ing weird the type of things people will do for YouTube views.View attachment 53330
It works, but it's very shortsighted. It's similar to prioritizing shareholders over customers: it makes more money in the short term at a huge loss in the long term. I've definitely watched videos with fabricated thumbnails so it got a view. But then I blocked the channel entirely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.