The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
And I'm going on with my meme-mania on this thread:

1699179974746.png

Just before I read TMF I was in a major burnout-depression, due to a failed resumption of engineering studies, and really this was a major lesson in life, it taught me humility, and now I try to be like a sponge, alway learning and welcoming failures like opportunities to improve and become stronger.

This was a really hard lesson for someone with my pride and litteral arrogance, but it was the beginning of me really moving forward in life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Listening to the Elon Musk and Joe Rogan podcast and just came across two examples of taking action.

During the podcast, Joe Rogan asks if the cyber truck can withstand a shot from his bow. Elon says yes. Joe says he doesn’t think so. Elon says if you have a bow here, let’s go out and try it right now, and they do.

Later on in the podcast, Joe talks about how good pizza is with pineapples and anchovies on it. After a little back-and-forth, Elon says, can we order a pizza now? And they do.

Notice how Elon musk is a doer, and he immediately wants to take action on what they are talking about. This is the difference between someone who takes massive action, and someone who files away the information for later, and may or may not ever act upon it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Listening to the Elon Musk and Joe Rogan podcast and just came across two examples of taking action.

During the podcast, Joe Rogan asks if the cyber truck can withstand a shot from his bow. Elon says yes. Joe says he doesn’t think so. Elon says if you have a bow here, let’s go out and try it right now, and they do.

Later on in the podcast, Joe talks about how good pizza is with pineapples and anchovies on it. After a little back-and-forth, Elon says, can we order a pizza now? And they do.

Notice how Elon musk is a doer, and he immediately wants to take action on what they are talking about. This is the difference between someone who takes massive action, and someone who files away the information for later, and may or may not ever act upon it.

I think he views everything in life as an experiment, a mystery, or an opportunity for discovery. It's a great way to live.

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
Had a random "MJ moment" today - I was walking across the street that's opposite to where I live and saw a McLaren parked on someone's driveway. The owner was getting ready to pack it away for the winter and I sparked a really quick conversation with him.

I asked him point blank "what do you do for a living?"

He said: "I sell vape. You'll see us in every convenience store in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

He was in a hurry so I wasn't able to converse anymore. Just a random moment though and surprising given the area we're in is pretty middle-class. As soon as I walked away I thought about that moment in TMF haha

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If you have a shopify store, manually create a collection called "all"

Now you can control what products people see if they type in /collections/all

And if you didn't know, you can type that into your competitors stores to see all their products, upsell products etc

And you can also type in sort by best selling

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For those of us who saw beyond the hype and scratched our heads saying, "I don't get it, its just a JPEG" feel redeemed.

1699291472596.png

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
For those of us who saw beyond the hype and scratched our heads saying, "I don't get it, its just a JPEG" feel redeemed.
I felt like I was watching Beanie Babies all over again.

"BUt tHey'Re GonNa bE ColLeCToRs iTemS"....

*sigh

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

View attachment 52301
And a lot of the "trading" was really fake, where people bought their own stuff to make it look like it was "worth" that amount, fooling others into buying in as well.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
F-R90HAXIAA-FZy

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Just noticed that 33/60 of the best-selling items on Etsy are products that teach people how to sell on Etsy.

After accounting for promoted products, the numbers change to 33/40.

Not sure what they consider "best sellers" or how they're choosing to organize the best sellers list, but I thought it was interesting.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Can someone explane me: What is ment with "brand arbitrage"?

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 9, 2023
Is anyone selling products from their country to another country like United States?
the city I live in india is quite rich in producing wooden and iron products.
I can sell these products outside my country where I can get higher margins and there are many firms in my area who manufacture and export goods to other countries...

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Is anyone selling products from their country to another country like United States?
the city I live in india is quite rich in producing wooden and iron products.
I can sell these products outside my country where I can get higher margins and there are many firms in my area who manufacture and export goods to other countries...
That's awesome. I'd love to see photos... you should start a thread!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I'm the high bidder on 4 trucks and 7 excavators at a machinery auction. My wife thinks I'm kidding. I hope I win enough of them that we have to buy the house next door to store the extras... don't bid against me ;)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Who in the forum is in the oil and gas industry in some capacity? Anyone know?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I'm the high bidder on 4 trucks and 7 excavators at a machinery auction. My wife thinks I'm kidding. I hope I win enough of them that we have to buy the house next door to store the extras... don't bid against me ;)
What for? What size are they? You might be the most interesting person in the forum

I used to operate the big Cat and Komatsu trucks 793s and 960e

A few of my workmates saved up and bought diggers and went out working for themselves

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What for? What size are they? You might be the most interesting person in the forum

A few of my workmates saved up and bought diggers and went out working for themselves

if he answers you will only have more questions

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I did the same in July with construction machines and some vans of a bankrupt construction company.

All my place and my garage were full of that shit!

The secret is making it your wife’s idea! So its better ;).

In the end, when she sees the money sprawling in, she ll ask, when you ll get the next!

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Recently I've been shook, having sleepless nights.

Why?

Because of the concept of Who, Not How.

I am sitting in a coding class right now.

It is so hard to pay attention, because all I see when I look around at the others in the class..

Is resources.

I have probably made 10 posts about this in the last 2 weeks on this forum lol, because it's keeping me up at night. All of these people who are programmers became programmers so they can serve ME (win-win situations of course).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey MJ, quick question?

How come "quick questions" never have quick answers?

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
How to not give up.

1. Realize that anything of value is difficult to get. Anything.
2. Realize that when you're going through hardship, it means you're making progress and getting closer to getting what you desire.

To quote Churchill: "when you're going through hell, keep walking".

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

These are all minis.... el cheapos too, though they would still be a few thousand from a dealer. I want at least one to dig up my yard. If I end up with more, I'll keep two and have excavator duels! And/or sell the extras.

I manually dug a 200' trench from my house to the workshop last week, with a trenching shovel ffs, and I would rather dig and fill future trenches with machinery (excavator, ditch witch, etc). Nothing against shovels, but big machines are more fun for some things. So, I'm building up the collection.

You might be the most interesting person in the forum

Aww... thank you :) There are lots of interesting folks here though!

That sounds really fun. I might need a giant diggy thing eventually.

Another thing I've thought about is rentals... the minis rent for $350 - $850 per day in my area, I noticed. I imagine someone could pick up enough equipment, and network with their local contractors enough to build a business out of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.