The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The countdown continues...

View attachment 49713

Will @Kak finally agree to have droops on the radio show?!?!

Will Elon Musk finally comment?!?!

Will @theag decide to be less aggressive?

Will @Lex DeVille accept Jesus?

Will @Andy Black say something cold and heartless?

Will @Raoul Duke say something totally serious?

Will @heavy_industry announce his latest project?

Will @BellaPippin become a paragon of courage?

Will some rando teenager ask a truly insightful question with their very first post?

Will @MJ DeMarco announce his newest book idea? Or a summit date?!?!

Stay tuned. Anything is possible on THE FASTLANE FORUM.
The answer to at least one of those questions is a resounding YES.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
was that one comment about me?

Hahahahaha. If I am going to ever call you out for something, I'll call you out directly. Like I did every other person in the post. Tone down that ego, not everything is about you. This forum has a looong history.

Before you, Droopynips (now @Shono ) was the guy acting unintentionally ridiculous. @Kak called him the worst poster in the history of the forum, and that was just a few months ago. Now he's part of the family and has made many fans and friends on the forum.

You two are just two in a long line of kids who were unintentionally ridiculous.

Stick around @thequestion619 and I'm sure you'll learn some things.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Yes Please!
Haha not possible.
Yes!! I have no idea what one of my favorite posters does besides create awesome book covers and create monster fitness clients.
Take my money on both!
download (13).jpeg

G

Guest06194gh

Hahahahaha. If I am going to ever call you out for something, I'll call you out directly. Like I did every other person in the post. Tone down that ego, not everything is about you. This forum has a looong history.

Before you, Droopynips (now @Shono ) was the guy acting unintentionally ridiculous. @Kak called him the worst poster in the history of the forum, and that was just a few months ago. Now he's part of the family and has made many fans and friends on the forum.

You two are just two in a long line of kids who were unintentionally ridiculous.

Stick around @thequestion619 and I'm sure you'll learn some things.
maybe it's stupid to say but I almost feel flattered, I'll take your advice.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I need to get past the trauma of announcing my future plans before they happen. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

One day, I will finally post it: "Here is what I ALREADY DID".

The countdown resumes...

@MJ DeMarco is about to become a millionaire for the second time!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

1687892651688.png

If the $1MM post is going to be some money chaser asking about drop shipping / SMMA I am going to quit the forum for 30 days.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
459%
Mar 15, 2018
Anywhere else in the world you can watch Tour de France at a reasonable price. But in Canada... it's over $200! It's not even about the sum of money, it's that I don't watch any sports except this one event and feel like having a "must have" annual subscription makes no sense.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 12.52.42 PM.png

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Anywhere else in the world you can watch Tour de France at a reasonable price. But in Canada... it's over $200! It's not even about the sum of money, it's that I don't watch any sports except this one event and feel like having a "must have" annual subscription makes no sense.

View attachment 49726

Crazy.. What a rip off..

Change your VPN and watch on USA / EU server? A quick search and I found two live stream sites from Europe.

Or go watch it live in France. So I can buy you lunch and learn. :playful:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Everyone know interest rates are high(er) in the US right now. But that doesn't mean they are high EVERYWHERE.

@Antifragile you are a real estate developer. I know Trump does this: do you take advantage of interest rate arbitrage? Are there mortgages and/or loans you can get internationally at lower rates?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
459%
Mar 15, 2018
Crazy.. What a rip off..

Change your VPN and watch on USA / EU server? A quick search and I found two live stream sites from Europe.

Or go watch it live in France. So I can buy you lunch and learn. :playful:

Technologically I am a dinosaur, I don't have a clue how to change VPN and watch on EU server! But I am so mad at this gouging that I feel there must be a way to NOT buy as a way to revolt against it.

"So I can buy you lunch and learn.
:playful:
" - much love! Now THAT is nice.

Everyone know interest rates are high(er) in the US right now. But that doesn't mean they are high EVERYWHERE.

@Antifragile you are a real estate developer. I know Trump does this: do you take advantage of interest rate arbitrage? Are there mortgages and/or loans you can get internationally at lower rates?

Currency exchange risk is too much to play in that world. Years ago (2011) I did a currency hedge when ordering kitchens from Italy. Euro to Canadian $ on grey markets. There was no direct hedge, like USD to EUR back then.

With respect to arbitrage. Funny but before the rate hikes I had a rate lock for 6 months (longest possible), it turned out that GIC > Loan Rate after a few hikes, so I created a small personal arbitrage. This was pure luck of the draw, I don't think I could ever replicate this. So there isn't a business case there. I am not sure what Trump does... but I used to like the guy before he became a politician and now I get an allergic reaction just from his name alone :rofl:

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Technologically I am a dinosaur, I don't have a clue how to change VPN and watch on EU server! But I am so mad at this gouging that I feel there must be a way to NOT buy as a way to revolt against it.

View: https://youtu.be/o1I1NVpBAOA

5 min watch on changing ip with a VPN
Viva la revolution! Haha

Always welcome! Who knows if more people from the other side of the pont are interested in live tour de France. That freedom is one of the parts of the Fastlane right :D

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Nice to see some Tour de France enthusiasts @Antifragile @Lyzmin ! I don't even do cycling but I've always loved to follow it for some reason. I also find it very impressive as a business. You got to respect the physical achievement too, I don't know if there is anything more painful than being a rider at this level. Going to watch it live at the top of the last climb next Wednesday, you guys are welcome to join ;)

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Currency exchange risk is too much to play in that world. Years ago (2011) I did a currency hedge when ordering kitchens from Italy. Euro to Canadian $ on grey markets. There was no direct hedge, like USD to EUR back then.

With respect to arbitrage. Funny but before the rate hikes I had a rate lock for 6 months (longest possible), it turned out that GIC > Loan Rate after a few hikes, so I created a small personal arbitrage. This was pure luck of the draw, I don't think I could ever replicate this. So there isn't a business case there. I am not sure what Trump does... but I used to like the guy before he became a politician and now I get an allergic reaction just from his name alone :rofl:
Hahaha. I had to throw the name in there, it just makes it all more fun ;-) His books are entertaining. They were educational and inspiring but now they kind of make me chuckle.

Thanks for the educational answer, I had this aha moment with this question and knew you would have a good answer for it!!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

VPNs are cheap and easy to use. NordVPN is $3.49 to $14.99 depending on how many months you sign up for. After you install it, you just click on a map and press connect, which will make your internet traffic look like it is coming from another country. You can also use multiple devices on one Nord account, including smartphones and tablets.

And there are more benefits to using a VPN than just hiding your IP to stream stuff for cheaper - they also encrypt your web traffic so that people can't see what you are sending and receiving on your computer.

Most people should use VPNs for extra privacy, especially since they're so cheap.

Note: cybersecurity isn't my strongest skill. @Rabby knows more about it than I do.

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
For VPN without spending a lot, you can use the personalized plan with Windscribe (around 3$). It even fakes your real geolocation!

If you buy, select two locations and ROBERT. This is the best configuration. I tried many VPNs and this one is the best for me, it bypasses all geolocation locks. Chrome plugin is amazing!

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
VPNs are cheap and easy to use. NordVPN is $3.49 to $14.99 depending on how many months you sign up for. After you install it, you just click on a map and press connect, which will make your internet traffic look like it is coming from another country. You can also use multiple devices on one Nord account, including smartphones and tablets.

And there are more benefits to using a VPN than just hiding your IP to stream stuff for cheaper - they also encrypt your web traffic so that people can't see what you are sending and receiving on your computer.

Most people should use VPNs for extra privacy, especially since they're so cheap.

Note: cybersecurity isn't my strongest skill. @Rabby knows more about it than I do.
Normally it encrypts the traffic but the service provider has access to it, for privacy related issues is better to used Mullvad VPN and pay them in cash, the rest are better used for geolocation faking. Mullvad is privacy oriented, and once you see their webpage, you will know why. They have no idea who is using their VPN.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL

View attachment 49726

Wow.

I may catch the end in person again. I caught the end in 2012, and will be around Paris this year. I'm spending more than $200 though .

View attachment HDV_0032.MP4

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The countdown continues...

View attachment 49713

Will some rando teenager ask a truly insightful question with their very first post?

MJ is going to be eating a tomahawk ribeye on a motorcycle. He will also finally embrace the FIRE lifestyle and start clipping coupons. He will brag about having two computer screens and a bowflex. He’s also moving back to Chicago.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
MJ is going to be eating a tomahawk ribeye on a motorcycle. He will also finally embrace the FIRE lifestyle and start clipping coupons. He will brag about having two computer screens and a bowflex.
(And limo driving as his job)

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
MJ is going to be eating a tomahawk ribeye on a motorcycle. He will also finally embrace the FIRE lifestyle and start clipping coupons. He will brag about having two computer screens and a bowflex. He’s also moving back to Chicago.
Will also close the forum and move the community to a subreddit.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

The possibilities don't end here:

@Antifragile will ditch RE and start a SMMA promoting SMMAs.

@BizyDad will finally stop being busy.

@PureA will go on a high carb diet.

@piano will start playing the violin.

@Johnny boy will start meditating.

@MTF is moving to Antarctica for the beautiful sunny weather.

@Spenny starts squatting on the chess board, and starts playing chess in the squat rack.

@Private Witt gets promoted to the rank of corporal.

@Kung Fu Steve loses his temper.

70 more messages and the prophecy will become reality.

Let's just hope that the Maya calendar is wrong for the second time.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
459%
Mar 15, 2018

@Spenny starts squatting on the chess board, and starts playing chess in the squat rack.

The odds are good, I've already started...

... by googling "SMMA"

:rofl:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 3.25.29 PM.png

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

More possibilities man

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015