The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

confuser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 26, 2023
So I was thinking, there are lots of potentially profitable things I could do but I am conflicted with most of them because they aren't things I agree with a lot of the time. Like for instance if it was any way of profiting from educating people in some way, I don't want to do it unless it was somehow flvastly different from anything else because I have learned almost everything I know for free on the internet.
Or like creating a business itself even come to think of it...getting to the point of having employees also means keeping people into the slowlane mindset, I haven't thought of any way around that, of course if they like the job then they like it but it will never be as good to them as them doing stuff for themselves.
There's more examples of these conflicting feelings I could think of but those are just two broader ones that came to mind while writing this out.
Anyone have any thoughts on this sort of thing?
Oh haha kinda forgot I made this post lol
Anyone have anything to contribute here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
Elizabeth Holmes won't stay more than 5 years in prison. Could already be out in 2-3 years.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
From Alts.co newsletter:

In 2008, Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley (son of former Chicago mayor Richard J. Daley) sold off the rights to 75 years' worth of income from Chicago's parking meters for $1.1 billion. The city was generating $36 million a year from them at the time, so not a terrible deal on the face of it.

But it turns out the new owners of the meters -- the Kingdom of Abu Dhabi -- are better at making money than the city of Chicago.

Overnight, parking rates quadrupled, chargeable hours expanded, free parking days were eliminated, and 15 years later, the $1.1 billion investment has already returned $1.6 billion. With 60 years to go.

The meters giveaway is Daley's most well-known infrastructure sell-off, but there were others. The former mayor also sold toll rights to the Chicago Skyway and fee collections from the city's parking garages.

Daley reveled in his ingenuity; "I'm the one who started talking about leasing public assets. No other city has done this in America."

But others weren't so sure. Pulitzer Prize winner George Will:

Unfortunately, Daley's theory—that it can be better to get a sum X immediately, rather than getting over many years a sum Y that is substantially larger than X—assumes something that cannot be assumed. It assumes that governments will prudently husband sudden surges of revenue from the lease or sale of assets.

What happened to that $1.1 billion? The city frittered it away within three years.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I just discovered nsdr (non sleep deep rest) and it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Takes 25 minutes to do and afterwards the energy levels are top again
I'd advise anyone reading this to check it out. Its like a nap without downsides.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

They also tried to sell off their airport.

It's really sad as it's another once great American city that has been destroyed by corruption, crime, and morons. It's like a cancer that has metastasized into its suburbs. At some point, the cancer destroys the organism and there will be no more body parts to sell, just a bunch of whiny politicians looking to blame someone else.

It was really bad when I left 25 years ago, I can't imagine how bad it is today. I haven't been back in 20 years and likely will never step foot in Illinois ever again.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

It's really sad as it's another once great American city that has been destroyed by corruption, crime, and morons. It's like a cancer that has metastasized into its suburbs. At some point, the cancer destroys the organism and there will be no more body parts to sell, just a bunch of whiny politicians looking to blame someone else.

It was really bad when I left 25 years ago, I can't imagine how bad it is today. I haven't been back in 20 years and likely will never step foot in Illinois ever again.
I’m at the point now where I just laugh.

Let it burn. They deserve it.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Sad and sick sh*t.

I'm surprised that information made it's way out there. They DO NOT want you to know who "owns" that kind of stuff.

Can you imagine trying to be a productive small business owner in the state of Illinois?

It's exactly this circular scam triad(Local Governments/Anonymous Corporations/Bankers) that has decimated our middle-class and sold-out citizens and taxpayers.

The amount of millions that is transacted between these clowns on accounting excel spreadsheets or some Oracle database is astounding.

Then they still have the gall to come out on some press-conference saying how citizens need to pay more taxes.

This is why on this forum we hate taxes. Not because we don't wanna help out to build schools or roads. It's that the system is corrupt.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Sad and sick sh*t.

I'm surprised that information made it's way out there. They DO NOT want you to know who "owns" that kind of stuff.

Can you imagine trying to be a productive small business owner in the state of Illinois?

It's exactly this circular scam triad(Local Governments/Anonymous Corporations/Bankers) that has decimated our middle-class and sold-out citizens and taxpayers.

The amount of millions that is transacted between these clowns on accounting excel spreadsheets or some Oracle database is astounding.

Then they still have the gall to come out on some press-conference saying how citizens need to pay more taxes.

This is why on this forum we hate taxes. Not because we don't wanna help out to build schools or roads. It's that the system is corrupt.
"Pay more taxes, help the people!!"
"You mean pay bankers and investors in Abu Dhabi, Israel, China, Monaco, and other foreign countries?"

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
"Pay more taxes, help the people!!"
"You mean pay bankers and investors in Abu Dhabi, Israel, China, Monaco, and other foreign countries?"

One of the reasons I'm pointing this out is that we need to know what we are up against.

It's real. A lot of us folks are not invited to the party. Nobody is going to give us the opportunity to make millions or start a multi-national corporation.

Of course you are not going to be a success living in your parents basement watching YouTube videos and snacking on Tostitos and Maruchans. You are also not going to be a success if you never see the belly of the beast.

The solution is to detach, separate, de-scale, and simplify the phenomenon.

Instead of trying to make millions and solve complex problems. Solve a simple-easy problem. Make a few bucks. Get one customer instead of trying to find thousands. Find a niche market instead if trying to compete with Amazon.

If you can do this on a small scale(100:1) you stand a chance. At least you are making a sale or a profit even if its $5 and doesn't change your life.

Last edited:

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
What it with these straight up illiterate idiots making one post on the form lately?

I dont mean harm but how can a human be so stupid. Questions like "all my sales were refunds DID MY ENERGY LEVEL CHANGE" make me question humanity.
Its not that I dont want to help either. Its simply that I know there is nothing to do and that, no matter what advice these people are told, they will continue to do their stupid thing and also give off a horrible example of the entrepreneur community.

This forum is the only place I am really commited to since I have yet to find another place with so much value and also so many intelligent contributors.

I wish there was a solution for getting rid of these low quality contributors while also not needing to make the entry price of the community a really big number. We have some examples of people turning around like @Shono however.
Its just so frustrating to see these people coming and posting a stupid thing and then just disapearing. Or people who ask but then just never take action.
Seeing that those make up a majority of questions I can viably answer I dont really want to give advice out to newbies anymore because I know that it will be ignored anyways...

But then again, some responses I got when in that position changed my life. Among these were @MJ DeMarco laying out the choice for me of either quitting youtube or never accomplishing anything.
There was @NeoDialectic who responded to my first ever post with some real GOLD which I only now know to value.

I dont know where this is leading, its just a random rant with me being grateful for this community and wishing that it keeps being as amazing as it is...

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
What are your latest gym wins ? This month I got to deadlift 210lb total. Might not be much for experienced gym goers but for me is a nice milestone and I really want to push foward and get to at least 100 kilos in June. What about you ?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What it with these straight up illiterate idiots making one post on the form lately?

I dont mean harm but how can a human be so stupid. Questions like "all my sales were refunds DID MY ENERGY LEVEL CHANGE" make me question humanity.
Its not that I dont want to help either. Its simply that I know there is nothing to do and that, no matter what advice these people are told, they will continue to do their stupid thing and also give off a horrible example of the entrepreneur community.

This forum is the only place I am really commited to since I have yet to find another place with so much value and also so many intelligent contributors.

I wish there was a solution for getting rid of these low quality contributors while also not needing to make the entry price of the community a really big number. We have some examples of people turning around like @Shono however.
Its just so frustrating to see these people coming and posting a stupid thing and then just disapearing. Or people who ask but then just never take action.
Seeing that those make up a majority of questions I can viably answer I dont really want to give advice out to newbies anymore because I know that it will be ignored anyways...

But then again, some responses I got when in that position changed my life. Among these were @MJ DeMarco laying out the choice for me of either quitting youtube or never accomplishing anything.
There was @NeoDialectic who responded to my first ever post with some real GOLD which I only now know to value.

I dont know where this is leading, its just a random rant with me being grateful for this community and wishing that it keeps being as amazing as it is...
Often the people who need help the most aren't ready for it. Maybe just read and answer the posts you want to answer?

I'll often reply once trying to give a little hint or nudge, and then I move on.

"Help the people in motion."
(Amy Hoy)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I'm in Chicago right now. On the other side of the parking fiasco. I park and then go to a kiosk type in my plate and pay with a credit card. My friends who live here just pay on their app. The app knows where they parked. It's a surprisingly clean and nice system. But now it makes sense. If you sell it to a business entity, they will figure out how to make paying for parking seamless and easy.

If the city still owned it, we would be still putting in quarters. I believe downtown Phx still uses quarters.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I usually stretch once a day, usually when I wake up. But then I watched this video that explained what stretching does to your muscles and tendons. It said that stretching usually lasts about 30 minutes and it said that you only need to stretch about 30 seconds. So armed with this information, I started stretching once every 2 hours. I went from touching the floor with my fingers to touching with my palms in 2 weeks in the stretch below. That's about a 4" difference in 2 weeks!

Also, some knots I've had in my chest went away also. These knots I've been trying to massage out for months.

So now I'm a proponent of stretch often, but don't stretch too long. Seems obvious, but a bunch of 30 second stretches 5 times a day beats a longer stretch session once a day.

About-37-2696364-Standing-Stretch03-546-5c5b53f446e0fb0001f24cea.jpg

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm in Chicago right now. On the other side of the parking fiasco. I park and then go to a kiosk type in my plate and pay with a credit card. My friends who live here just pay on their app. The app knows where they parked. It's a surprisingly clean and nice system. But now it makes sense. If you sell it to a business entity, they will figure out how to make paying for parking seamless and easy.

If the city still owned it, we would be still putting in quarters. I believe downtown Phx still uses quarters.
Yup, and if you ask the average Chicagoan about the city, they will praise all of this, and not realize this has zero to do with the city itself, because they don’t know what an epic fail the whole thing is and instead credit the local politicians, who are actually massive failures for it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

A lot of young people who lack wisdom and experience. When I used to visit the Lambo forum regularly, it got so bad with the teenagers they actually banned anyone under 18. It cleaned up a lot of the dumb posts that popped up every so often, "How can I get a Lambo?" "Can someone give me a ride in their Lambo?"

The idea of doing that here feels like throwing out the baby with the bath water. When a teenager has interest in business, it is a victory. Limiting them feels counterintuitive.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
A lot of young people who lack wisdom and experience. When I used to visit the Lambo forum regularly, it got so bad with the teenagers they actually banned anyone under 18. It cleaned up a lot of the dumb posts that popped up every so often, "How can I get a Lambo?" "Can someone give me a ride in their Lambo?"

The idea of doing that here feels like throwing out the baby with the bath water. When a teenager has interest in business, it is a victory. Limiting them feels counterintuitive.
Thanks so much for having patience with us younger folks.

Honestly, I feel my generation is lost. Just as it's easy these days to just log onto a Forum full of successful people or start a gig, it's easier than ever to crash into depression, toxic habits and financial tragedy with just a few poor choices. I remember you talked about the magnitude of decisions when we are younger, back in TMF .

All we can do is to just pick up the folks who still have open minds and hearts...and give them a place to learn and
build better lives.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Can you simply explain that you want to get a job and need a way to get paid?

Parents are usually onboard with their teens getting jobs.

Frame it as a "

Low-value post is still better than no post.

The value of the reply is not about just helping any specific individual. It is to inspire ideas to people who face similar issues.

It trains your decision-making ability and thought process.

I learn more about life when people share their business, money, relationship, and health problems.. It is more real than the fake glamor you see on social media.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I remember in the university. There was an elective module on Singapore's foreign policy strategy, which is to stay relevant and useful.

For small states, we must be obsessed with staying relevant and useful to the outside world. Because no one cares if a small state cannot survive. People care about what happens in the U.S., EU, India or China, because big nations have a significant impact on the world.

There are some recent personal events and observations that make me feel this is profoundly true for individuals who try to survive and thrive. Our success and happiness are majorly impacted by how we continue to stay relevant and useful to other people in the same world. Each of us is nothing compared to the vastness of the world. The world moves on as normal, even if anyone of us disappear the next day. This realization has profound implications for life, business, and interpersonal relationship.

Whenever I hear someone saying "I deserve xyz...because" or "I treated them so well in the past but they....", this is a sign they don't have that mindset.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Yeah your right.

I need to standt above my emotions here.
Thanks for being so patient with these people. Thinking about it, I was one of them when I first got here...

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I usually stretch once a day, usually when I wake up. But then I watched this video that explained what stretching does to your muscles and tendons. It said that stretching usually lasts about 30 minutes and it said that you only need to stretch about 30 seconds. So armed with this information, I started stretching once every 2 hours. I went from touching the floor with my fingers to touching with my palms in 2 weeks in the stretch below. That's about a 4" difference in 2 weeks!

Also, some knots I've had in my chest went away also. These knots I've been trying to massage out for months.

So now I'm a proponent of stretch often, but don't stretch too long. Seems obvious, but a bunch of 30 second stretches 5 times a day beats a longer stretch session once a day.

View attachment 49039

This is awesome gonna start doing this ... I usually stretch once a day but it hasn't help a lot with flexibility.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This is awesome gonna start doing this ... I usually stretch once a day but it hasn't help a lot with flexibility.
I have a goal to do front splits by October. Will post a photo when I get it done!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Random thought.

Nobody cries at a funeral because they will miss a pretty face. Plenty of those around. We cry because we are missing another soul, another person. Do something that lasts beyond your body. That should be our focus in life.

Thoughts?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have a goal to do front splits by October. Will post a photo when I get it done!
I just started doing functional range conditioning with a coach, kind of the opposite of what you are doing almost, but I’ve seen the results people who do it have had and it makes a lot of sense. I’ll post an update in a month or so.

Basically it’s staying in those stretched positions for longer and trying to get connection and comfort and strength in those ranges so they you can actually use them.

Getting the brain comfortable in them so it knows you can be in them without being injured. And also strengthening them so you can use them and not be injured.

Most painful workout I’ve ever done and we didn’t even use any weight.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.