The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

DXIAZZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 28, 2022
Phoenix Arizona
What's with all the window washing threads lately? Is there some YT guru pushing this?
Not a YouTube guru but a TikTok guru by the name of Oliver Lester. That’s the only one that comes into mind. As the days go on there’s many promoting either window washing, roof cleaning, or pressure washing.

constant

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
What's with all the window washing threads lately? Is there some YT guru pushing this?
Because it's a great opportunity (especially for teenagers):
-teaches about sales & marketing
-pays very well compared to jobs
-can be scalable
-light physical work in fresh air and sun (healthy)

On my way to make 65€ this morning. Thanks @piano & @Subsonic for getting me into this.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I'd say it's because @piano and I are making some money and now others are inspired to also take action on the simplest thing they can do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Have you been reading my window cleaning thread?
Would you not too want to meet some Thai ladies every day:rofl::hilarious:?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
It's funny watching the forum trends through the years.

For a bunch that is typically predisposed to blazing their own trail there sure is a lot of jumping on the wagon.

(not knocking it, just interesting, I've been guilty)

I remember people copying soap businesses, pet tags, everyone was suddenly a copywriter, carpet cleaning, and now window cleaning.

I'm sure I've missed plenty too

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Talking of window cleaning

Man I envy you Americans. Getting 250 to 500 for commercial jobs and not needing to go through all this regulatory bs.

I tried to up prices and quickly figured out that people here mostly refuse to pay more than 100 per job.
F*cking hell most stores I went into have someone already doing it for like 20€. FOR THE WHOLE STORE.

How in God's name can I bring any scale into this?

Well, I know how. By applying the entry commandment. Why is window cleaning so cheap? Because everyone can F*cking do it.

The sad part is that doing the big boy window cleaning (Skyscrapers, massive stores etc.) requires MUCH more capital than I have.

However this is a great problem to have since the ones who find solutions will be greatly rewarded.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
ChatGPT makes market research so easy. There are marble factories in our city and I thought why not go there and see where can I add or arbitrage value? Turns out my bike was almost out of fuel, so I explored the countryside. I saw there was a small dump of marble waste every 200 meters.

I also saw some walls using those uneven marble rocks to make walls and a house! Although the house wasn't finished so I got to see there were so many cracks in the walls made of marble pieces. I was amazed that it was the only house in the 3 km radius that was entirely built out of marble.

Anyway today I sat down to have a convo with ChatGPT. One thing led to another, and I ended up exploring marble slurry. That thing led to marble plasters (marble slurry + cement), which led to venetian plasters and trowels. I tried seeing data for my country on how many venetian plaster trowels are sold here. No data I guess. I've never heard of them so its a new thing for me.

Although if I do figure out a way to recycle that marble waste into something that people want, that's a CENTS business right there.

Took me around 4-5 hours to do all this research.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man I envy you Americans. Getting 250 to 500 for commercial jobs and not needing to go through all this regulatory bs.

I tried to up prices and quickly figured out that people here mostly refuse to pay more than 100 per job.
F*cking hell most stores I went into have someone already doing it for like 20€. FOR THE WHOLE STORE.

Great case of the parable of context and self-worth and not being in the right place. The estimates we've been getting to have our windows cleaned here have been in the $900-$1,600 range. The prices shocked me and once again, I don't know if it is quantity of windows (we have many french window panes) or the old, "well, you live in a big house, therefore, you get big price."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Talking of window cleaning

Well, I know how. By applying the entry commandment. Why is window cleaning so cheap? Because everyone can F*cking do it.

The sad part is that doing the big boy window cleaning (Skyscrapers, massive stores etc.) requires MUCH more capital than I have.

However this is a great problem to have since the ones who find solutions will be greatly rewarded.
I presume at some point you'll stop being the guy who cleans the windows.

Say you build systems to bring more clients without your direct input, and systems to provide the service without your direct input. Would those systems be valuable to window cleaners in the US, and other countries?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I remember during the days in military the nightmare was to clean rifles after live shooting in a range.

I wonder in U.S. where gun ownership is legal and there are 400million civilian owned firearms who cleans them after a shooting practice?

I am proficient in American brands such as SAW and antique like M16. Can I go to the state of Texas to knock on doors and offer to clean them?

Last edited:

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I presume at some point you'll stop being the guy who cleans the windows.

Say you build systems to bring more clients without your direct input, and systems to provide the service without your direct input. Would those systems be valuable to window cleaners in the US, and other countries?
These systems would indeed be valuable. The issue is that building these systems is a nightmare when margins are so slim that hiring just manager already puts them at the limit.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

New Farming Robot Uses AI to Kill 100,000 Weeds per Hour​

The autonomous weeder could soon replace weed laborers with high-power lasers.

The robot is so efficient that it can remove more than 100,000 weeds per hour and weed 15 to 20 acres of crops in one day. This task would take laborers weeks to achieve as they average about one acre a day.

What's the catch? The robot is pretty pricey. We don't have exact numbers yet but Carbon Robotics' CEO Paul Mikesell told the Seattle Times it costs "hundreds of thousands of dollars."

However, if you add the costs of laborers over time the robot could pay for itself in two to three years. Maybe that's why it's proving such a popular item. “We have more requests for machines than we can fulfill," Mikesell added.

That's a normal sort of price for big farm equipment. It sounds mundane but this could be a huge advance for farming, and in an ecologically friendly way. What an awesome invention.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
These systems would indeed be valuable. The issue is that building these systems is a nightmare when margins are so slim that hiring just manager already puts them at the limit.
That's a "Yes, but" kind of answer.

"Yes, systems would be valuable, but margins are slim."

Change it to "Yes, and".

"Yes, systems would be valuable, and margins are slim."

Does that help?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You just want to be quoting constantly, and sending your crew to the address in the computer. This is the next step.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone here using whoop band?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Don’t listen to that mocking little voice that tells you to be more realistic.

Ignore it.

You can either accept reality as it is or create it as you wish it to be.

think BIGGER

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016

Ignore it.

think BIGGER

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Anyone here using whoop band?
I have for about 4 days now after listening to the founder on MFM pod.

Not sure what I expected but I’m disappointed so far. I’ll keep it a little longer but I can’t see myself keeping it.

Which is dumb because I paid 2 years up front.

I’ll keep you posted.

What’s drawn you to wanting one?

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022

Ignore it.

think BIGGER
we can accept reality and turn it the way we want by accepting our current stand point and commit to expand our knowledge, awareness, and skills needed to birth the ideas we have inside our mind/heart.

AdamRyanUK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 7, 2023
Random action of the day: Selling my compound instrest scam portfolio on Etoro to pay off my credit card. After reading the books truly accept i'm not ever going to get rich off that s*** and have my priorities all screwed up. Rich dad scam dad and Tony Robbing have a lot to answer for. Hilarious I thought that saving 10% of my crappy civil service below interest rise salary would make any kind of long term difference - it wasn't , I'd lost money over the last few years overall. Even if the market was continuously rising hitting a 10% annual interest is nigh on impossible.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
My spring holidays end tomorrow. I'm already stressing myself out because I have no god damn clue what I got for homework 6 weeks ago... This is awesome!
Anyways, thanks for accompanying me these past few weeks! I think I made almost 1000€ (and over 1k if you count my scheduled job ;) )!

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Some well-known celebrities have recently bought products from my shop. Or at least it appears that way based on their provided info (First name, email, payment details).

This is new territory for me and I'd appreciate hearing what people with experience have found to work.

Does anyone have a good strategy for reaching out to these people, confirming that it's actually them, developing a relationship with them, and asking for a testimonial/shoutout?

I don't want to be pushy or invasive, but I also don't want to let a potential opportunity slip past.

The only rules I know for this stuff are "don't be weird" and "don't be a fanboy" - both of which I plan to follow haha.

My plan so far is to send a message like this to the email the order was made with:

Hi [First Name],

I hope this message finds you well. My name is xShepherdx, and I am the owner of XYZ Brand. While reviewing yesterday's orders I saw your name and I wanted to reach out to confirm that it's actually you.

As a small company, it means the world to have [actors/Youtubers/artists/etc.] like you using our products. If this order was placed by you, we'd love to send you some extra products to check out.

If there's anything we can do to assist you, send us an email and we will get you squared away as fast as possible.

Thanks again,

xShepherdx
Founder, XYZ Brand

I've also thought of adding something like "We'd also love to send you a bunch of coupon codes to share with fans, friends, and followers. These codes can be used to grab any paid product for free." to incentivize sharing. But I'm not sure if that should be in the first email. Or any, for that matter.

My thought is that nobody wants to do anything small and boring. So instead of asking for a regular testimonial or shoutout, I'd offer to send them 100 codes to giveaway so that their followers could get free products. Or maybe one code that lets the first 100 people get free products?

All my products are digital, so it costs me nothing to fulfill and could generate a good amount of traffic/social proof for my store if they did share them. It's also a net benefit to their audience, so something like this would be a win-win from my perspective.

Thoughts?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Great case of the parable of context and self-worth and not being in the right place. The estimates we've been getting to have our windows cleaned here have been in the $900-$1,600 range. The prices shocked me and once again, I don't know if it is quantity of windows (we have many french window panes) or the old, "well, you live in a big house, therefore, you get big price."
It’s because of the panes. I know a guy in Scottsdale that cleans windows and he says a small pane takes about the same amount of time as a large windows because they have to still do four corners and edges. A bigger window they just use a larger squeegee in the middle so it’s the same amount of swipes as a tiny window pane. It’s the edges that take all the labor.

When he does estimates he doesn’t count the windows. He only counts the number of panes. And he further divides that by number of panes per floor as higher floors take more labor.

I think he was charging $5/pane, something pretty cheap. He didn’t have a minimum. But he upsold pressure washing the house and driveway if they were dirty.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I just realized that I will be sleep deprived tomorrow because school forces me to get up at 6am.
I need 9 to 10 hours in bed to wake up well rested. But good luck trying to go to be at 8 when you get home at 6 pm.

All for what? The privilege to work a job that pays me less per hour than my own business? Or the privilege to go to university so I can spent 4 years of grind to then make less money than the guy that started painting cars a week ago?

Still I don't have the right to throw the towel right now. I have not accomplished anything so far and unless that changed next month I will have to keep trading 10 F*cking hours of my days for nothing. And then there is also the mental load of exams. I don't care but at the same time scoring below 80% is not acceptable for myself.

But the script is strong. No matter how much I hate this, the mediocre comfort of good friends and upper middle class parents combined with constantly being told what a good boy I am and what top % of society I belong to when I get a masters degree keeps me from getting that FTE I so desperately wish I would get. It's always just barely tolerable.

The worst part is that I know exactly what I need to do. Yet I just can't. And for no other reason than the fact that I am not strong enough.
The only good part is knowing that eventually the pain will lead me to actually doing what I need to do.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
I just realized that I will be sleep deprived tomorrow because school forces me to get up at 6am.
I need 9 to 10 hours in bed to wake up well rested. But good luck trying to go to be at 8 when you get home at 6 pm.

All for what? The privilege to work a job that pays me less per hour than my own business? Or the privilege to go to university so I can spent 4 years of grind to then make less money than the guy that started painting cars a week ago?

Still I don't have the right to throw the towel right now. I have not accomplished anything so far and unless that changed next month I will have to keep trading 10 F*cking hours of my days for nothing. And then there is also the mental load of exams. I don't care but at the same time scoring below 80% is not acceptable for myself.

But the script is strong. No matter how much I hate this, the mediocre comfort of good friends and upper middle class parents combined with constantly being told what a good boy I am and what top % of society I belong to when I get a masters degree keeps me from getting that FTE I so desperately wish I would get. It's always just barely tolerable.

The worst part is that I know exactly what I need to do. Yet I just can't. And for no other reason than the fact that I am not strong enough.
The only good part is knowing that eventually the pain will lead me to actually doing what I need to do.
Don't slip, bro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.