The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
merry christmas!

I didn't tell my wife what I was doing and just about gave her a panic attack when she smelled it. Whoops!!!

I honestly love having those brief periods of terror when you think something awful has happened then you find out everything is fine.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I was thinking that there would be a thread extra opened for christmas, but here is where the party is going on huh?

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
This community has been a gold mine for me so far... so I'll try to also bring value into this forum! I've been working on that thing for the past few months, maybe even years depending on how you view it...

Consider that future post as a delayed Christmas gift...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I went into Christmas dinner telling myself I will eat whatever I want and have some cake/pie as well if I feel like it.

Surrounded by delicious cookies, about 6 different varieties, all delicious. Bowls of little chocolates and yummy treats everywhere. Apple pie and ice cream for dessert.

I had 0 desire to eat any of it, and I ended up not even having a single bite of anything, and I drank a glass of wine and water, no egg nog at all which was my absolute favorite. Wow. This settles it. Desire for sugar has been completely abolished I think.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Get idea.

Buy domain.

Watch domain expire.

Repeat.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Your focus seems narrow
Thanks.

My focus has been long-tail lead-gen with Google Ads for a long while. However, I'm split between three different avatars: consulting clients, productised services clients, and students learning what I do. And the consulting and productised services clients are in too many niches.

Then my labour of love seems to be helping people starting out. I've visited this forum daily since May 2014.

I feel I'm spread a bit thin at the moment. Enjoying a bit of downtime to mull it over.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA50EK70whE

After digesting this information, it's safe to say that most gurus have no idea what they're talking about when they speak of motivation.

I took a nose dive into neuroscience this week and have never seen such great results in productivity and mood.

It was a worthwhile transition from social media personalities talking about "You can choose your perspective!" "Think positive!"

Ok, but what does that stuff actually freaking mean?

Neuroscience tools appear to explain that question but with real actionable things.

Gurus will never talk about getting sunlight and various methods for proper sleep, but they will tell you "THINK POSITIVE" every time you ask them how to feel better about yourself.

I find this real interesting. Anyone else into this stuff?

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Rewatched Prometheus over the holidays on a new projector setup. Such a great looking movie with an awesome concept but it had way too much of the story chopped out of it. They actually filmed a lot more but for whatever reason, they cut the parts out that actually explain it.
It was written by Damon Lindeloff who did Lost, so I assumed it was just more of his shittery, but Ridley Scott just... chopped it.
Then he abandons most of that engineer storyline and makes alien covenant which was a piece of garbage (blow it out the airlock... again).

It could have been the best sci fi movie of the decade, but man, did he balls up the whole thing.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
It would be interesting to get in touch with people from this forum who joined a long time ago and were last seen a few years ago. Have they succeeded? What are they doing now? Have they failed or have they just finished visiting this forum?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Rewatched Prometheus over the holidays on a new projector setup. Such a great looking movie with an awesome concept but it had way too much of the story chopped out of it. They actually filmed a lot more but for whatever reason, they cut the parts out that actually explain it.
It was written by Damon Lindeloff who did Lost, so I assumed it was just more of his shittery, but Ridley Scott just... chopped it.
Then he abandons most of that engineer storyline and makes alien covenant which was a piece of garbage (blow it out the airlock... again).

It could have been the best sci fi movie of the decade, but man, did he balls up the whole thing.

After installing a projector I don't think I will ever go to the movies again, at least not nearly so often as I did in the past. Plus you know, everything now is trash.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I was watching a home tour with Grant Cardone. In it he discussed how he recently chartered a yacht with his family. He loved it, but felt the boat was way too small. It was like a 50-60m boat or something. Up rolls next to him is like a 90m yacht and he was like "THAT is the boat I want to be on next".

He then talked about how as much as he would love to go on those crazy yachts, he simply can't afford it. The guy is worth close to a billion dollars (I don't know what he is actually worth) and he talks about how he just can't even justify something like that and can't do it. However, it is now one of his goals, and he went on to say that maybe he is not even in the right vertical to be able to go after something like that.

I found it interesting how he mentioned that what he is doing might not even be able to fund something like that. That really got me thinking. I am doing a few things that are going to get me a few thousand here and there, nothing crazy. Working on something that might even get me a few million if it all works out, but nothing that I can say even has the potential to get me that really crazy 8-9 figure life.

So really, you can pour your entire life into something, but does it even have the potential to get that big? I am not saying that what you are doing NEEDS to get that big in order to live a fulfilling life, but if that is something you want (that massive legacy to pass on for generations), you really need to be in the right area to begin with.

My 2 year old was watching a yacht tour video with me, and he tells me that he wants to go on that boat with me. So I guess I better get working!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Is it wrong that I don’t even know who Andrew Tate is?
Is he someone important? (Outside of being arresting for such crimes as human trafficking).
I assume this is some sort of “big news”…
He’s the most googled man in the world but I don’t think it’s wrong not to know or care who he is

xxx22

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 28, 2022
Is it wrong that I don’t even know who Andrew Tate is?
Is he someone important? (Outside of being arresting for such crimes as human trafficking).
I assume this is some sort of “big news”…
His materials/videos were being sent to impressionable 15 year olds etc. using Google, FB ads etc.

I'd say good riddance to bad rubbish but he was dangerous and definitely something to be monitored rather than just ignored.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Saw MJ’s book at the Gandhi bookstore in Mexico. Pulled out the maracas and yelled when I saw it LOL.:thumbsup:

AE92BCD8-DD21-47AB-9569-7669F42E2A89.jpeg

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
So I was watching a home tour with Grant Cardone. In it he discussed how he recently chartered a yacht with his family. He loved it, but felt the boat was way too small. It was like a 50-60m boat or something. Up rolls next to him is like a 90m yacht and he was like "THAT is the boat I want to be on next".
Off topic from what you're talking about, but I think it's worth mentioning.

Grant Cardona is one of those figures that's well known and generally respected for his knowledge. But when I started reading his stuff, the first book I picked up of his was Sell or Be Sold, which he spends what felt like the last third of the book talking up the business and personal benefits of becoming a Scientologist.

So that put me off the entire book and him in general. I honestly can't even remember anything that was in the book besides the Dianetics pitch at this point. I haven't read anything else from him and I can't imagine I ever would. It's kind of a shame that one thing like that would taint my perception of someone who otherwise seems really well respected.

Maybe he's got a lot of good advice to offer. If I need it, I'm sure it's available elsewhere.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
He’s the most googled man in the world but I don’t think it’s wrong not to know or care who he is

How does one become “most googled”?

Anyway… I’ve lost interest already and he’s arrested so there’s that.

——

Pondering a different topic. We get entertained by movies and shows. But content still shapes our beliefs. For example: anything that depicts “historical events” but is pure fantasy, it still leaves an impression on us that may feel real. Basically every day we are bombarded with “programming”. It’s hard enough to decide which books are good … but add in entertainment content and we become full of shit.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Are you serious? I also don't know who he is, but he keeps popping up in my YouTube suggestions and I keep telling YouTube I'm not interested. I think he is some up and coming bro marketer or something. And apparently a human trafficker, wtf? Guess he needs more 0's for them to look the other way.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Off topic from what you're talking about, but I think it's worth mentioning.

Grant Cardona is one of those figures that's well known and generally respected for his knowledge. But when I started reading his stuff, the first book I picked up of his was Sell or Be Sold, which he spends what felt like the last third of the book talking up the business and personal benefits of becoming a Scientologist.

So that put me off the entire book and him in general. I honestly can't even remember anything that was in the book besides the Dianetics pitch at this point. I haven't read anything else from him and I can't imagine I ever would. It's kind of a shame that one thing like that would taint my perception of someone who otherwise seems really well respected.

Maybe he's got a lot of good advice to offer. If I need it, I'm sure it's available elsewhere.
Well that is gross. I've never read any of his books, but listened to several as audio books.

Check out "be obsessed or be average". It's amazing, and him reading it like a mad-man is a plus.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.