The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The difference between organic food and the usual garbage is a night and day difference.

I have been on organic meat the last few days, and holy shit...

It taste way better and you feel way better overall..

The extra cost is worth it for me.

Won't go back.
Awesome to hear! Cool that you can get organic meat locally. I’m lucky our local butcher is amazing and there’s a big organic carnivore style community here so he has a lot of meat in the freezer that the public don’t know about. Organ and testicle mince, and sausages, with no fillers.

Can you get cleopatras bath milk in Melbourne? I’ve just started drinking it after learning about the benefits of the bacteria in raw milk. I think I’m actually addicted it’s amazing. And I hadn’t drunk milk for years and years before that because of how sick and terrible it made me feel. Made me feel like I had acid in my veins. Cannot believe the difference.

Crazy story too about how it’s banned, makes you angry that something so good for you would be banned and replace with something so processed and messed up. He used to sell it as pet milk but they banned selling raw milk as pet milk to ban him, so now he sells it as bath milk and gets away with it because the govt will never do anything to touch the cosmetics industry.

I have to agree with @Simon Angel about the eggs too, we had chickens growing up, I’m yet to eat nicer eggs than they laid. Even the most expensive organic ones can’t compare. Once I have some land that will be the first thing I buy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I have to agree with @Simon Angel about the eggs too, we had chickens growing up, I’m yet to eat nicer eggs than they laid. Even the most expensive organic ones can’t compare. Once I have some land that will be the first thing I buy.

Just lucky to live in Bulgaria and in a town close to some well-populated villages where quite a few people are still about that farm life.

I get them straight from the lady that owns the farm, with the poop still very much on them (and their protective layer intact).

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Just lucky to live in Bulgaria and in a town close to some well-populated villages where quite a few people are still about that farm life.

I get them straight from the lady that owns the farm, with the poop still very much on them (and their protective layer intact).
My brother in law has 6 chicken, which lay 6-8 eggs a day. When I d have time, I d have some chicken, too.
He allways gets his chicken from a organic egg farm. They are put away after one year, as the lay less than.
But after a month in the garden they lay 1a eggs!

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
I have a question for @MJ DeMarco
Once you finished university, did what you studied help you? In what percentage? (I ask this because most people answered that only 10-20% of the knowledge they learned was useful in the working world).
Is what you have created at work due to your university knowledge or to what you studied, so to speak, as a self-taught student?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have a question for @MJ DeMarco
Once you finished university, did what you studied help you? In what percentage? (I ask this because most people answered that only 10-20% of the knowledge they learned was useful in the working world).
Is what you have created at work due to your university knowledge or to what you studied, so to speak, as a self-taught student?

University help me prioritize and manage my time. What I studied helped me about 10% I'd say, so that might be generally accurate. The rest was self-taught and continues to be self-taught.

Hard to say ... but a lot of the college experience is beneficial not for the studies and coursework, but for the intangibles like networking, social skills, time management, prioritization, etc.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
if you date a multi-lingual person and you don't take that opportunity to learn a new language, then you're dumb

(I have been that dumb person)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
if you date a multi-lingual person and you don't take that opportunity to learn a new language, then you're dumb

Yup, that’s me. But I tried…

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

That's me. My kids know more Spanish than me. On the plus side they are easier to learn from than my wife lol

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
That's me. My kids know more Spanish than me. On the plus side they are easier to learn from than my wife lol

The main reason that I'm learning Spanish is to flirt with and tease the woman that I've been seeing. You could do the same with your wife.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
To lighten up the thread a little:

So, a young man is travelling the world, and he stops in a small costal town in Scotland to rest. He finds a local pub, sits down at the counter and orders a beer. At the far end of the counter is an older gentleman, looking sadly a glass of whiskey.

The traveller goes over to the old man and asks what is wrong. The old man, in a thick scottish accent says:

"Lad, you see this bar. I built it with me own two hands. For thirty years it has been loyally serving the patrons of this pub. Do they call me MacGregor the bar builder? No."

The traveller asks, "Well, what do they call you?"

The old man takes a sip of his whiskey and says, "Did you see the stable in the town square? It is one of the finest in all of Scotland, and it has been standing for nearly fifteen years. I built it myself. Do they call me MacGregor the stable maker? No."

A bit annoyed, the traveller asks, "What do they call you?"

The old man takes another sip of his whiskey and says, "Did you see the docks here in town. I built them myself in just a few months. They have stood there, against the waves and rain and snow for years. Because of my hard work, 3 ships a day dock here, bringing people and goods to our town. Do they call me MacGregor the dock builder? No."

Completely fed up, the traveller snaps at the old man, "Well what do they call you?"

The old man looks at his glass, sighs, and says, "A guy F*cks one goat....."

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
The main reason that I'm learning Spanish is to flirt with and tease the woman that I've been seeing. You could do the same with your wife.

My wife doesn't want me to flirt with the girl you've been seeing.
"you are not 16 anymore".

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
My wife doesn't want me to flirt with the girl you've been seeing.
"you are not 16 anymore".

Yeah I could picture my chick telling about that:

"All of these men hit on me but I'm still stuck with an a**hole like you. Gringo malo - te odio."

Also, the same dumb lines work with women their entire lives. The same stuff that my 5 year old cousin says to make 5 year old girls giggle will work when I rehash them talking to a woman in her 20s or 30s.

A lot of human behavior never changes. Plus it's always fun to do things that women tell you not to do.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

292021935_1865132290349881_2268826017573856172_n.jpg

Tell me you've never been on a farm without telling me you've never been on a farm.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
"Evolution doesn’t give a damn about happiness itself, but will use the promise of happiness to keep us struggling to stay alive. And so the promise of happiness—not the direct experience of happiness—is the brain’s strategy to keep you hunting, gathering, working, and wooing." (Kelly McGonigal Ph.D., The Willpower Instinct)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

"Evolution doesn’t give a damn about happiness itself, but will use the promise of happiness to keep us struggling to stay alive. And so the promise of happiness—not the direct experience of happiness—is the brain’s strategy to keep you hunting, gathering, working, and wooing." (Kelly McGonigal Ph.D., The Willpower Instinct)
Do you ever think about a time when you were truly, uniquely, blissfully happy and try to recreate it?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
Do you ever think about a time when you were truly, uniquely, blissfully happy and try to recreate it?

Decade ago I read

Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience Paperback – July 1 2008​

by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

And I believe what he said. The minute you realize you are happy, you cease to be happy. Those blissful moments arrive at different times. I try and create them.

It used to be:
- running, cycling or swimming: at some point I'd get that feeling. But it was hard to replicate. It just happened.
- reading: the right book would get me to feel something deep, but again, not something I could reliably replicate.
- business success: there were (and still are) moments when something I thought was darn near impossible, and yet I pulled it off. Again, hard to replicate...

Today:
- my kiddo calls "daddy, daddy" and it melts my heart, for a brief moment I feel blissful happiness
- my kiddo says "hug, hug" - a toddler learning to speak, and wanting my hug - it makes me feel like nothing else
- walks and talks with my wife, we can get engrossed in a 2-3 hour conversation and in those moments I am typically exceptionally happy.
- sex (enough said) but that intimacy is pre-programmed in all of us to lead to a feeling of "high" and a good nap after lol.
- meditation, running, cycling, swimming, reading, yoga/stretching: keep doing things actively to reach that feeling, but don't expect it. It's not about push, it's about attracting that feeling naturally
- writing: I hate it, but I love it at the same time. I suck at it most days, so it takes a lot of effort, but then when I get a little validation (as superficial as that sounds, but a simple "like" or a "share" on social platforms), I tend to feel happy. Partly because I find it so hard to do, I get genuine happiness.

I am a lot more relaxed now than I used to be. And yet, I have more responsibilities, more risk... And yet, I think I am generally happier too, those moments you described happen a little more often than before for me. Yet I cannot reliably replicate them...

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I'm close to pulling the trigger on never using Reddit ever again. The amount of virtue-signaling morons completely devoid of independent thought is just too much.

Thank God (i.e., MJ) this forum exists and attracts inconvenient people for the status quo.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Not to sound condescending or anything, but this is actually a good thing for legitimate brands/sellers on amazon. Chinese sellers have been known to either scam amazon customers, or manipulate reviews to the extent that old dead ASINs were revived for a completely unrelated product and hence all the reviews were transferred. You were looking at a supplement and the reviews were for a shoe. Why? It's hard to get money back from a Chinese seller than it is a domestic seller. They would just make new accounts and start the process all over.

Another "crime" that I fell victim to by a Chinese seller was they listed my brand specific ASIN on their own website. They then filed an IP complaint with amazon. My best-selling ASIN was taken down for literally a month until I resolved the issue. Let that sink in. Someone claiming your baby is their baby :rofl:

Good move on amazons part as if they do let this play out, they'll just turn into another eBay if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
292021935_1865132290349881_2268826017573856172_n.jpg

Tell me you've never been on a farm without telling me you've never been on a farm.
Well, when you need to be outraged at something I guess how farmers name their cows is one way.

My cousin, female cousin mind you, also names her cows girl names. I better have a stern talking to her!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Well, when you need to be outraged at something I guess how farmers name their cows is one way.

My cousin, female cousin mind you, also names her cows girl names. I better have a stern talking to her!
I just thought it was funny she wasn't aware of cows and bulls.

On a farm, the female cows might be producing all the milk, but what do the male cows - the bulls - do? They have only one job. Lol!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Just ban guns altogether. How is you safer with a gun when everyone else also have guns?

You is safe only when you're the only one who has a gun, and others don't have it.

Based on gun lovers' logic, the solution to the above incident (and hundreds like it every year), is to give the 1-year old a gun so that she can defend herself when her brother wants to shoot her? LOL
I wonder how safe it would be in a country where the government whips people and summarily executes them for having the wrong plant in their pocket? There's no situation where everyone is disarmed, ever. The only choice is between concentrating the power to kill or defend with a few people, who we hope are righteous, or leaving people unrestricted. To each their own.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.