The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Lol now I'm tempted to get one because of the ability to read books

@MitchC appreciate the great discount code. Saw the price after clicking the Buy Now button. Nope lol
It was @Antifragile who posted the code

I did the exact same thing

I thought the $68 discount was the price

It’s $500aud

I think I’ll stick to my $2 pads

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
It was @Antifragile who posted the code

I did the exact same thing

I thought the $68 discount was the price

It’s $500aud

Remarkable isnt too expensive (currently for me it is haha). The actually price of only the 'device' is 299 euro - for that money you have device to read ebook and pdf only. In similar budget you can buy Amazon Kindle (ebooks and pdf). By adding pen and the cover to get full potential of that device (writing) you will need to add 218 euro more. The problem is you can't buy separately pen and cover - so all in or nothing (you can use pen designed for graphic tablet too but overall experience is worst - due to differences between these devices). Remarkable has a great tool to covert your writing to any document editor - they want some additional more euro monthly for that. Almost everything what I wrote on it turned into text in the word document. What get me the most in it I can set a password on it - I don't like if anyone sees my personal notes on my desk hah Thanks for discount code Antifragile but the price for someone who is starting fastlane is still big expense in Poland :)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Remarkable isnt too expensive (currently for me it is haha). The actually price of only the 'device' is 299 euro - for that money you have device to read ebook and pdf only. In similar budget you can buy Amazon Kindle (ebooks and pdf). By adding pen and the cover to get full potential of that device (writing) you will need to add 218 euro more. The problem is you can't buy separately pen and cover - so all in or nothing (you can use pen designed for graphic tablet too but overall experience is worst - due to differences between these devices). Remarkable has a great tool to covert your writing to any document editor - they want some additional more euro monthly for that. Almost everything what I wrote on it turned into text in the word document. What get me the most in it I can set a password on it - I don't like if anyone sees my personal notes on my desk hah Thanks for discount code Antifragile but the price for someone who is starting fastlane is still big expense in Poland :)
Yeah $500 for the tablet was already 2x too much and then they wanted $200 for a pen so I could actually use it as a tablet, and then I forget but over $100 for a case and then $10 a month just to use it.

Insane that anyone buys these.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’ve been using plain, soft-cover, black moleskine’s for years. They’re a teeny bit more expensive but more than worth it.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I’ve been using plain, soft-cover, black moleskine’s for years. They’re a teeny bit more expensive but more than worth it.

Same here. :smile:

I prefer the hard cover though, and I have horizontal lines to help with my horrific handwriting.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Same here. :smile:

I prefer the hard cover though, and I have horizontal lines to help with my horrific handwriting.
Can’t be as bad as my handwriting! I like doodling and being messy, hence using the plain.

It’s amazing how long they last. I get almost a year out of them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm selling a couple of rental properties in the UK. I've had both decorated and they're now listed on rightmove(.)co(.)uk

I don't have much faith in the estate agents so we'll setup a simple website and run Google Ads to it.

I'll ideally help sell the properties and may get a case study out of it.

If it works then who knows, maybe the estate agent might be interested in getting this done for their other properties.

I did the same selling a motorbike years ago. Oh, and a Porsche.

I bought throwaway domains.

gsxr600forsale(.)co(.)uk
boxsterforsale(.)co(.)uk

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Took over a new client account last night.

No wonder their campaigns aren’t working. They’ve over 500 broad match keywords in one ad group, and of course it’s called “Ad Group #1” (the default).

This is sooo common, and shows a complete misunderstanding of paid search.

Happy to create a thread or video on why people do this if folks are interested. Just let me know.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
*Edit* Nevermind, found it. It is part of the search bar so you have to hide the search highlights under right click screen.

How do I turn the Microsoft Agenda display off on my Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of the screen? I don't know where the setting is or what it is called.

FU Windows.PNG

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
*Edit* Nevermind, found it. It is part of the search bar so you have to hide the search highlights under right click screen.

How do I turn the Microsoft Agenda display off on my Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of the screen? I don't know where the setting is or what it is called.

View attachment 44051
Can’t believe anyone still uses windows but that would be enough to make me throw it away

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I never got it, always heard the horror stories and couldn’t ever believe the way people wait in lines to get it and drive 30 mins to you that it could possibly be good.

At least pizza delivery drivers have some direct responsibility to the business for quality.

Well part of our issue is being vegan. There aren't a lot of vegan options in this area so our options are limited to 8-10 places, and then the food never arrives as if it was just prepared. When boxes of pizza arrived with ZERO safety measures, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yeah $500 for the tablet was already 2x too much and then they wanted $200 for a pen so I could actually use it as a tablet, and then I forget but over $100 for a case and then $10 a month just to use it.

Insane that anyone buys these.

Definitely negative skew and a total turn off. I was ready to buy until I saw all the add on BS ... do I want a pen? Duh, I don't know -- do I want tires and brakes with my new car?

This type of marketing gadgetry is a total turn off. In fact, it makes me question the entire company and the product's effectiveness. Great way to "sleaze-bag" (verb) what appears, to be a decent product.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
When boxes of pizza arrived with ZERO safety measures, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm curious what you mean by safety measures. Should they deliver pizza in a suitcase with a password only you know?

I'm not sure if that's different in the US but I've never ever seen pizza delivered in anything else than a pizza box anyone can open. Other food is usually in wrapped plastic packaging but not all of it - for example sauces are in small plastic containers anyone can open.

Also, what if they somehow "contaminate" your pizza at the place where you order it from? You never know. Sounds very paranoid.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Do you use Mac or Linux?
There's already a thread debating mac vs windows if that's where this is heading we can take it there but I use Mac.

Windows was good up until I think windows 7, then it became unusable

Well part of our issue is being vegan. There aren't a lot of vegan options in this area so our options are limited to 8-10 places, and then the food never arrives as if it was just prepared. When boxes of pizza arrived with ZERO safety measures, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Definitely negative skew and a total turn off. I was ready to buy until I saw all the add on BS ... do I want a pen? Duh, I don't know -- do I want tires and brakes with my new car?

This type of marketing gadgetry is a total turn off. In fact, it makes me question the entire company and the product's effectiveness. Great way to "sleaze-bag" (verb) what appears, to be a decent product.
Yeah that brakes example is the exact example used in a podcast I listened to recently talking about upsells and not trying to upsell something that should have been included in the package originally because it makes the customer wonder what else you left out. A case is fine, but leaving out the pen is taking the piss. The subscriptions with higher tiers just to use certain features that it's already capable of anyway is dirty as well. Like why should I pay monthly to use all of the features of something I already paid $500 for.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm curious what you mean by safety measures. Should they deliver pizza in a suitcase with a password only you know?

How about a branded piece of tape? When the pizza is finished, the carton is sealed with tape, kinda like packing tape. One or two strips is all it needs. If the tape is removed, you can tell via the cardboard damage. The solution is quite simple.

Sounds very paranoid.

Yea, well the media has made it clear that I deserve to be "eaten" and hung in the gallows because I accumulated far too much money in my working life. There are too many morons who follow their lead.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How about a branded piece of tape? When the pizza is finished, the carton is sealed with tape, kinda like packing tape. One or two strips is all it needs. If the tape is removed, you can tell via the cardboard damage. The solution is quite simple.

That makes sense, never thought of that. Maybe because I never thought about pizza safety.

Yea, well the media has made it clear that I deserve to be "eaten" and hung in the gallows because I accumulated far too much money in my working life. There are too many morons who follow their lead.

That is sad but I understand. I assume that's one of the reasons why you tip well?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I assume that's one of the reasons why you tip well?

I've always tipped well my entire life, even when I was broke. I had too many jobs that relied on tips and I vowed I would never cheapskate someone working for tips.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Have you had an real experiences with this sort of thing?

Most things, views and people I see on the news and Twitter etc I have never actually met or seen in real life, but I’m also not in USA so maybe that’s why. To me they’re just bots fake news and propaganda that are just so far removed from reality they don’t actually exist. It’s only when you go online or watch tv does it seem everyone is like that.

Not saying it’s not wise to be cautious but I am curious if you’ve ever had any negative experiences related to being rich.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not saying it’s not wise to be cautious but I am curious if you’ve ever had any negative experiences related to being rich.

When I owned my Lambo...

• Window smashed and shattered with a hammer (or something) while I went into a fast food joint to order food...
  • Trash tossed into the open cockpit while driving by...
  • Trash tossed into the open cockpit while parked...
  • Obnoxious tailgating and harassment to the point of dangerous (changing lanes only confirmed the harassment as they followed)
  • Flipped the bird for no reason

This was years ago.

I can't imagine how bad it is today.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
There's already a thread debating mac vs windows if that's where this is heading we can take it there but I use Mac.
Lmao not where this is heading. I was just wondering.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
When I owned my Lambo...

• Window smashed and shattered with a hammer (or something) while I went into a fast food joint to order food...
  • Trash tossed into the open cockpit while driving by...
  • Trash tossed into the open cockpit while parked...
  • Obnoxious tailgating and harassment to the point of dangerous (changing lanes only confirmed the harassment as they followed)
  • Flipped the bird for no reason

This was years ago.

I can't imagine how bad it is today.
I was definitely expecting lambo stories, I saw a video the other day of a ford ranger trying to drive into supercars on the highway and run them off the road, I think he eventually did hit one. Not sure what he was expecting to do after that but the video ends with them all stopped on the highway, I bet he's bankrupt after that.

I was wondering if it was more an everyday thing as well though

Those lambo stories are shocking, worse than I thought, and like you said that was years ago
Lmao not where this is heading. I was just wondering.
I switched years ago when windows 10 came out, I'll never look back but man apple don't miss you with their prices.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
PSA: Don't invest in uber. For ubereats and I wouldn't be suprised for normal uber drives they allow you to get a $25 off on your first order coupon. Well using a anonymous like browser that doesn't remember you, you can make multiple uber eats accounts and place as many free ($25 worth of food orders) as you want. Only have to pay $3-$6 deliver fee each time unless its free delivery. Just ordered like $200 in food for $30 after seeing this method on a different forum I'm on in the past few days.

They are throwing money away. I wonder if the restaurants are still making good from this though haha. While I only learned about this, it has been a thing for like a year and a half. Doesn't seem like they have any interest in changing it.

Last edited:

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Good decision MJ. We act the same way, and now one of us goes to get the food directly. Not as convenient but safer for sure. Especially now, times are harder and “hate the rich” is real.

Man, this has crossed my mind many times the last couple of months after moving to our new apartment. Especially when we get new furniture etc delivered. Yesterday, we ordered take away for 30 euro - which probably is a day salary for the delivery guy. We use Uber and Glovo (probably similar to Door Dash)

Only thing that keeps me a bit relaxed is that we are probably one of the poorest in our rich neighbourhood lol. So we are probably not the first on the list to get robbed.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
PSA: Don't invest in uber. For ubereats and I wouldn't be suprised for normal uber drives they allow you to get a $25 off on your first order coupon. Well using a anonymous like browser that doesn't remember you, you can make multiple uber eats accounts and place as many free ($25 worth of food orders) as you want. Only have to pay $3-$6 deliver fee each time unless its free delivery. Just ordered like $200 in food for $30 after seeing this method on a different forum I'm on in the past few days.

They are throwing money away. I wonder if the restaurants are still making good from this though haha. While I only learned about this, it has been a thing for like a year and a half. Doesn't seem like they have any interest in changing it.

You need to teach this trick to the homeless and poor people in your city!

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
You need to teach this trick to the homeless and poor people in your city!

Lol! You know the homeless are a different breed if you see them scrolling facebook while begging for money.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
I feel like I've been learning more these days watching the introduction section and getting a glimpse of everyone's lives before fastlane. No wonder MJ understands it all so well.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Lol! You know the homeless are a different breed if you see them scrolling facebook while begging for money.

You just haven't met homeless in Denmark yet lol. They are 100 % digital. They have no choice now that nobody carries cash anymore. Offered to buy one a coffee and a hotdog a couple of months ago since I didn't have cash, and he told me to MobilePay him instead (this is what we use to transfer money in Denmark).

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Just randomly scrolling through a page on a Danish forum about salaries. This is a general forum so people from all different industries share their salaries, years of experience etc.

20 post in and I realize how underpaid I actually am. Kindergarten teachers earn more than me.

I am in charge of Marketing and Demand Generation for a high-ticket B2B software-company. I have 3 people working directly under me. When I started 2,5 years ago we were 5 people. Now we are 12. This year we already exceeded our 2021 revenue. I took us from 150 to 3000 LinkedIn followers. From 0 to 4000 personal network connections in the industry. Launched a Nurture Flow with 1000 subscribers. Took our webinars from 5-10 sign ups to 200+. In a completely tough niche industry.

Not a single pay rise in 2,5 years. At least I got allowed to work remotely. I knew I was underpaid, but after reading that thread I just feel ridiculous haha. I am on track to speak 6 languages and I earn less than a construction worker. Wake up call :-D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.