The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Where are you right now?

I'll be honest, that is literally one of my largest fears. I love forests, and unfortunately with forests come ticks.

Poland. I'm in a forest pretty much every day. I'm not afraid of ticks, it's just annoying they can carry such a shitty disease.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Jesus fu king Christ, I honestly don’t get how people can live with themselves teaching other people how to be successful when they themselves aren’t successful. When did “fake it until you make it” become the primary business model of guru wannabes? Is there some term that is the opposite of the imposter syndrome? The “emperor has no clothes” syndrome?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Jesus fu king Christ, I honestly don’t get how people can live with themselves teaching other people how to be successful when they themselves aren’t successful. When did “fake it until you make it” become the primary business model of guru wannabes? Is there some term that is the opposite of the imposter syndrome? The “emperor has no clothes” syndrome?

MJ, what was the trigger for this? Sounds like a story there.

I am with you. I don’t get endurance racing advice from obese people.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Yeah whats matter?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Had 4 ticks this year already (I removed 3 today).

I live in an area where roughly up to 1 in 3 ticks is infected with Borrelia burgdorferi (the bacteria that causes Lyme's disease). They say that the risk of infection if the tick is removed within 24 hours is very low but it's never fun to see another motherfcker in your skin and wonder which one you got.
Yes, thats shit here. I had two this year till now. Though without Borrelia its itching weeks long sometimes.
If you suck the bite place some minutes after removing it, than it does barely itch.
I take a plastic bottle, press it and put it on the bite place. That sucks the poison out of the bite.

I m not affraid, look your body every evening after woods visit and you ll be nearly safe.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I m not affraid, look your body every evening after woods visit and you ll be nearly safe.

I actually did that yesterday and it didn't help. Seems like the F*ckers hide somewhere and bite at night.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I actually did that yesterday and it didn't help. Seems like the F*ckers hide somewhere and bite at night.
They can stay hidden in your clothes. I always take off my "forest clothes" and leave them on the balcony for a few days.

I kid you not - my family's record is we found 11 ticks on our son after returning from the woods, most of them still crawling and not attached. It later turned out to be 12; we found the last one the next day, hiding in his belly button (found it because son was scratching it like crazy)!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
They can stay hidden in your clothes. I always take off my "forest clothes" and leave them on the balcony for a few days.

I kid you not - my family's record is we found 11 ticks on our son after returning from the woods, most of them still crawling and not attached. It later turned out to be 12; we found the last one the next day, hiding in his belly button (found it because son was scratching it like crazy)!

Incredible. Wow, that’s a lot.

Would a clothes wash cycle get rid of them? Or is that “killing an animal, thou shall not”?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Why the hell do people make commitments they know are beyond what their feeble selves can keep? They say, let us set off at six, but when your disciplined self turns up at the dot of the hour, there isn't a soul in sight. Meanwhile, you have trekked a full 3 Kms in the dark, at risk of being waylaid! I feel like strangling this whole institution!
The groups I hang out with are the opposite. Meet time for my 4 wheel group is at 6. 5:30 is the time to be there. Show up at 6 and they are all gone.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Would a clothes wash cycle get rid of them? Or is that “killing an animal, thou shall not”?

They're very resilient but I assume they wouldn't survive that if the temperature were high enough.

I draw the line at aggression and consider it self-defense lol. If I remove a tick I'll throw it out the balcony or wash it down the sink.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017

Yeah, needless to say we didn't go to that particular area ever again lol.

I agree with @MTF that washing at high temperatures should kill them. The second part is up to you, but I have no mercy for ticks and alikes.

A

Anon05554

Find better people. Those who make empty promises aren’t the kid of people you want to be around. Drop them. Either keep going solo or find new people to join you.
Wish I could. They are workmates who think they have all the time in the world. It's a good thing I'm working on being an entrepreneur. Just four years to go and hopefully, I will have earned the right to choose who to work with. Thanks Antifragile for the effort you put in answering people's queries.

When I grow up, I want to be like you!

A

Anon05554

The groups I hang out with are the opposite. Meet time for my 4 wheel group is at 6. 5:30 is the time to be there. Show up at 6 and they are all gone.
Lucky you. They must share your values. When I rebuked them for setting time they knew they couldn't keep, they proudly reminded me that we are Africans. What cheek!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
One of my dogs had a tick once. I've never had one.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, what was the trigger for this? Sounds like a story there.

Just tired of stumbling across people who have no product and offer nothing unique other than greasy, slimy marketing funnels that use the same old marketing gadgets to sucker people into their illusions. Tired of the used car salesman gadgetry that appears in copywriting, funnel marketing, and sales pages... whenever I see this shit, I know whatever you're selling lacks true value, and is most likely, a repackaged "cult of marketing" (won't name names) crock of shit.

There's clearly a divergence in business... those who believe slick marketing can sell anything, including dog shit products and services (the bro-marketing "FYRE" methodology) and those who actually offer good products and services. Just sick of seeing the former. The problem is, there are too many suckers in the world, so the shit works. And it only gets worse.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It’s definitely a thing MJ…

View: https://youtu.be/swH8oCen2kw

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
They're tiny parasitic arachnids.

They live in India as well though I assume a different kind than in Europe.
Sorry sir, but i have never been to woods or forests as such. I have heard of leeches which also suck blood in same way.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thought this was cool:

Marian Anderson, the famous Metropolitan Opera soloist, was approached by a young woman who said, “I’d give my right arm if I could sing like you.” To that, Marian replied, “Would you give eight hours practice a day?”

The great pianist Ignacy Jan Paderewski said, “If I miss one day of practice, I notice it. If I miss two days, the critics notice it. If I miss three days, the audience notices it.”

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Thought this was cool:

Marian Anderson, the famous Metropolitan Opera soloist, was approached by a young woman who said, “I’d give my right arm if I could sing like you.” To that, Marian replied, “Would you give eight hours practice a day?”

The great pianist Ignacy Jan Paderewski said, “If I miss one day of practice, I notice it. If I miss two days, the critics notice it. If I miss three days, the audience notices it.”
I watched a video of a YouTube guitar player that I like. He likes to make fun of the "gurus" and "gods" who populate YouTube and are perfect all the time. Lots of his videos break down how they lie in their videos and it's mostly BS.

He recorded a short clip of him playing after a one week vacation where he was away and didn't touch a guitar. After one week he was making all kinds of mistakes. I found it interesting and refreshing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I went for a bike ride today in Fish Creek park. A beautiful park inside the city of Calgary. On a small trail I rode past the half eaten and stripped carcass of a deer, with its intestines and stomach torn out and thrown maybe 15 feet away from the rest of the body.

What the hell??? I've never seen anything like that in the city before. We have lots of coyotes, but I don't think one would do that to a deer, I think they stick to rabbits. There are signs up that there are cougars and lynx in the area, and lots of my neighbors post videos of lynx on their yards. Apparently there is a bear in the park as well which is very unusual.

Either way, it was pretty freaky to see in the park, I am in it 4 days a week from spring to fall, and have not seen that before. My wife says maybe it was "the upside down world".

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
I went for a bike ride today in Fish Creek park. A beautiful park inside the city of Calgary. On a small trail I rode past the half eaten and stripped carcass of a deer, with its intestines and stomach torn out and thrown maybe 15 feet away from the rest of the body.

What the hell??? I've never seen anything like that in the city before. We have lots of coyotes, but I don't think one would do that to a deer, I think they stick to rabbits. There are signs up that there are cougars and lynx in the area, and lots of my neighbors post videos of lynx on their yards. Apparently there is a bear in the park as well which is very unusual.

Either way, it was pretty freaky to see in the park, I am in it 4 days a week from spring to fall, and have not seen that before. My wife says maybe it was "the upside down world".
Sir what do you mean by "upside down world" ?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Sir what do you mean by "upside down world" ?
A reference to the "stranger things" series on Netflix. Essentially an alternate dimension lives over top of ours and weird things can spill over into our dimension.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
A reference to the "stranger things" series on Netflix. Essentially an alternate dimension lives over top of ours and weird things can spill over into our dimension.
Sir have you heard of youtube channel named
The facts by how to hunt.com mainly steve ishadel. There he shares experience from people sent in form of emails by reading them.
Do you think in subjects like "sasquatch" and all?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

They're tiny parasitic arachnids.

I thought @MTF was replying to @MJ DeMarco at first :rofl:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Mathuin