The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDiRIAfj2Y

That's just ridiculous. I find it fascinating how resilient certain people's bodies are.

8 meters is 26 feet. A normal person falling from this height would almost certainly die or at least break hundreds of bones in their body.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A normal person

A normal person wouldn't be risking their life for 20 seconds of views, likes and comments. But I guess that's another thread. Reminds me of the Chinese guy who hung from skyscrapers and his last "hang" was captured on video as he fell to his death.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A normal person wouldn't be risking their life for 20 seconds of views, likes and comments. But I guess that's another thread. Reminds me of the Chinese guy who hung from skyscrapers and his last "hang" was captured on video as he fell to his death.

I see this in a different way. The guy from the video (I don't know anything about him but that one thing is clear) is a professional athlete. Parkour/freeruning is a very demanding extreme sport. I played with it a little and found it way too crazy for me.

Hanging from a skyscraper is not a sport and you don't need much preparation for that other than good grip strength. A guy looking for fame would kill themselves doing this jump because unlike random daredevil stunts, this is actually the result of years of training. The fact that he kept running after that alone shows that his bones and joints have strengthened a lot.

Same stuff with mountaineering. A normal person can't just climb K2. Looking for fame or not, there's a LOT of work and effort that goes into that and that alone filters out those who do it just for the attention.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Well this is frustrating. Canada now wants GST from used sales between private members, which was never the case before. I wonder how long until they start to go after those who sell stuff on kijiji and facebook marketplace.

Oh wait, I know how they can better facilitate this, how about we roll out a Canadian Digital Currency headed by the Bank of Canada. What a great idea. It warms my heart to know they are already well on their way to making this our new reality.
What? Canada has GST too? I thought you were taxed in different systems.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Hanging from a skyscraper is not a sport and you don't need much preparation for that other than good grip strength.

I am going to disagree with you there…

My palms get sweaty just watching this Ukrainian daredevil. It does require incredible preparation, background in gymnastics (tight rope walking, training on heights, fitness off the harts to just walk up the stairs of a high rise in a hurry only to then do these crazy stunts). I watched a documentary years back on these guys. Unfortunately there are too many deaths (because it only takes one mistake and poof, just like that, it’s over). But these guys train crazy hard before what you see below becomes even possible:

View: https://youtu.be/8GfI16YHY58

@MJ DeMarco Look up Philippe Petit walk on the wire between Twin Towers. You may think he was risking his life in 1974 for a publicity stunt, but that’s just not true. It’s so much more than that.

View: https://youtu.be/uwbil5puqng

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
What? Canada has GST too? I thought you were taxed in different systems.
Canada is taxed a million ways. Some provinces have GST, some have GST and PST, some have HST.

There is a lot of tax in Canada. A. Lot. And they are aiming to add even more by the looks of it. Private sales and certain items were exempt from taxes before. Now it looks like they are just straight up taxed and be damned with any laws or rules.

Pure silver and gold was tax free before, but I guess now it is going to be taxed if you purchase it on Ebay. Very frustrating as I used to do a fair bit of bullion trades on eBay, and I imagine this will make a lot of people just shy away from using it going forward. Funny thing that, taxes making people not want to bother doing business. Another way government will tax us all to prosperity!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

My palms get sweaty just watching this Ukrainian daredevil. It does require incredible preparation, background in gymnastics (tight rope walking, training on heights, fitness off the harts to just walk up the stairs of a high rise in a hurry only to then do these crazy stunts). I watched a documentary years back on these guys. Unfortunately there are too many deaths (because it only takes one mistake and poof, just like that, it’s over). But these guys train crazy hard before what you see below becomes even possible:

@MJ DeMarco Look up Philippe Petit walk on the wire between Twin Towers. You may think he was risking his life in 1974 for a publicity stunt, but that’s just not true. It’s so much more than that.

There was a movie about that, and it is FANTASTIC!!! One of the few movies that is really enhanced by 3d! Movies like that make me want to swap my projector out for one that has 3d capabilities. It is called "The Walk" and it was released in 2015.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Canada is taxed a million ways. Some provinces have GST, some have GST and PST, some have HST.

There is a lot of tax in Canada. A. Lot. And they are aiming to add even more by the looks of it. Private sales and certain items were exempt from taxes before. Now it looks like they are just straight up taxed and be damned with any laws or rules.

Pure silver and gold was tax free before, but I guess now it is going to be taxed if you purchase it on Ebay. Very frustrating as I used to do a fair bit of bullion trades on eBay, and I imagine this will make a lot of people just shy away from using it going forward. Funny thing that, taxes making people not want to bother doing business. Another way government will tax us all to prosperity!
Hell, that sounds like hell. I mean they are taxing this much and using it to oppress their own people (the antivaccine protect that i heard 2 3 months ago). Is Canada improving as much as they are taxing or the taxes are going somewhere else( much likely your politician and other private corporation that work with government).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

In such a case I stand corrected. If something requires a lot of work to do (a long, hard process) then I don't consider it a stunt just for likes.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

I do similar as a sport, too. But we ensure our lifes with a rope. Its called climbing.
But: its much easier and you can push your limits much more, if you don’t break yourself with a rope.
So imo its a very hard sport und not anything one does only for clicks without preparation.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

These dudes need to grow a pair and try a real sport, like Golf

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
These dudes need to grow a pair and try a real sport, like Golf
There’s a pretty epic story at my club…

Hotshot cringe guy walks into the bar mouthing off about having no one to bet with on the golf course. Implying that no one bets enough.

He goes on and on acting like a hotshot to the bar tender. Says the club is full of pussies. Wants to bet $10k and shit.

A quiet guy walks up to him and asks “sir, what is your net worth? House and all.” The hotshot proudly says “two million dollars!”

The quiet guy says, “ok, I’ll bet you that. On a coin flip, and I’m 100% serious. I’ll call my company lawyer and have him over here with a contract in 10 minutes.”

The hotshot shut up quick.

$2m was rounding error for the quiet guy.

Golf is humbling. It builds character. Particularly for hotshot douchebags.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
"Conventional thinking leads talented and driven people to believe that if they simply work hard, luck will eventually strike. That’s like saying if a surfer treads water in the same spot for long enough, a wave will come; it certainly happens to some people, once in a while, but it’s not the most effective strategy for success. Paradoxically, it’s actually a lazier move." (Shane Snow, Smartcuts)

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México

Hotshot cringe guy walks into the bar mouthing off about having no one to bet with on the golf course. Implying that no one bets enough.

He goes on and on acting like a hotshot to the bar tender. Says the club is full of pussies. Wants to bet $10k and shit.

A quiet guy walks up to him and asks “sir, what is your net worth? House and all.” The hotshot proudly says “two million dollars!”

The quiet guy says, “ok, I’ll bet you that. On a coin flip, and I’m 100% serious. I’ll call my company lawyer and have him over here with a contract in 10 minutes.”

This came to mind after reading this story:
View: https://youtu.be/xNToJwKE4F0

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
it's fun when you bump into an old personality on a new face

I met someone recently who reminded me of an old friend - not just on a general level, but even his voice, obscure interests, and some of the places that he's lived

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
EB768D58-135E-48F1-8768-74C0D72BE9BE.jpegA9EC657C-6F38-46B6-88C8-E1B2DBEE401D.jpeg2C2D6635-2E1B-4387-B23B-16CABA5D0537.jpeg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I’ll take the GT500 and the old Mercedes.

I could see myself owning GT500 forever, and daily driving it too. It’s just a thing of beauty!

A

Anon05554

Why the hell do people make commitments they know are beyond what their feeble selves can keep? They say, let us set off at six, but when your disciplined self turns up at the dot of the hour, there isn't a soul in sight. Meanwhile, you have trekked a full 3 Kms in the dark, at risk of being waylaid! I feel like strangling this whole institution!

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018

Love this!

Is that what they call "money talks, Wealth whispers"?

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Why the hell do people make commitments they know are beyond what their feeble selves can keep? They say, let us set off at six, but when your disciplined self turns up at the dot of the hour, there isn't a soul in sight. Meanwhile, you have trekked a full 3 Kms in the dark, at risk of being waylaid! I feel like strangling this whole institution!

Find better people. Those who make empty promises aren’t the kid of people you want to be around. Drop them. Either keep going solo or find new people to join you.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Had 4 ticks this year already (I removed 3 today).

I live in an area where roughly up to 1 in 3 ticks is infected with Borrelia burgdorferi (the bacteria that causes Lyme's disease). They say that the risk of infection if the tick is removed within 24 hours is very low but it's never fun to see another motherfcker in your skin and wonder which one you got.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Had 4 ticks this year already (I removed 3 today).

I live in an area where roughly up to 1 in 3 ticks is infected with Borrelia burgdorferi (the bacteria that causes Lyme's disease). They say that the risk of infection if the tick is removed within 24 hours is very low but it's never fun to see another motherfcker in your skin and wonder which one you got.
Where are you right now?

I'll be honest, that is literally one of my largest fears. I love forests, and unfortunately with forests come ticks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.