The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Maybe they bought all of Canada's when they sold 100% of that barbaric relic a few years back.

Long ago I used to follow gold and silver stories closer, I recall there were really only 3 major buyers of reserves: China, India and Russia.
Canada sold 100% of their gold reserves? That's insane.

Russia is also 2nd largest producer of gold in the world... if they're also buying reserves, they could have quite the stockpile...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I knew the stats weren't good, but didn't expect them to be this crazy. We are just 5 months into 2022 and already that many school shootings. That can't possibly be real numbers? Please tell me it's fake news!

20220526_202145.jpg

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I knew the stats weren't good, but didn't expect them to be this crazy. We are just 5 months into 2022 and already that many school shootings. That can't possibly be real numbers? Please tell me it's fake news!

View attachment 43688
Absolutely, without a doubt, wrong.

Even NPR, who really likes hyping up how bad this is, has the figure at 27.

10 times lower than your screenshot.

Now is that good? No, it's horrible.

But no, it's not 288. You're off by a digit.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Gold reserves in tonnes:
Canada: 0
USA: 8,133 (lol!!! How come they refuse tho audit it or let anyone see them. It's gone baby!!)
Russia: 2,301
China: 1,948
India: 760
Germany: 3,358

Not sure how reliable these numbers are, other than Canada literally being 0!!!! Hahaha Canada. Makes me laugh every time. Canada hates gold, they hate silver, they hate oil production. Go Canada go!!! They do love being Woke and virtue signalling though

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Absolutely, without a doubt, wrong.

Even NPR, who really likes hyping up how bad this is, has the figure at 27.

10 times lower than your screenshot.

Now is that good? No, it's horrible.

But no, it's not 288. You're off by a digit.

Thank you. Knew something was way off. But people on Twitter just soaking that information in without questioning it. No wonder MSM can get anyone to believe anything.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Found the real number it seems. The 288 was from 2009 till 2018. Still insane comparisons.

View attachment 43689
School shootings has nothing to do with guns, and all to do with culture. It is horrible and tragic, but pointing the blame on guns is like blaming cars on car accidents. Thailand car accidents vs. Canada car accidents would paint a complete different picture as well.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

School shootings has nothing to do with guns, and all to do with culture. It is horrible and tragic, but pointing the blame on guns is like blaming cars on car accidents. Thailand car accidents vs. Canada car accidents would paint a complete different picture as well.
Yeah, the MSM in the US makes school shooters famous.

It's practically glamorized and cliche at this point.

There are millions and millions of guns and gunowners in America and the number involved in a shooting like this are like 0.0000001% or something like that.

And the conversation always goes back to this. It's not about sympathy for those who died or their families. It's usually just insulting the families (Texans in this case), dissing the state, and making fun of the pain and suffering and blaming everyone who *didn't* commit the crime.

Look at Beto - he made the whole thing his platform for governor. I'll bet he saw the news and jumped up in his chair! "Oh boy, my big moment!"

*to add, Texas property taxes are outrageously high, school budgets insane, new school construction akin to palaces, and we have the budgets for better security.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014

Agree. Not blaming guns at all. Didn't know my post came across that way?

Plenty of guns here in Europe. Yet we never see school shootings.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Agree. Not blaming guns at all. Didn't know my post came across that way?

Plenty of guns here in Europe. Yet we never see school shootings.
No your post did not come across that way! I was just making more of a general statement based on the general populations beliefs.

On a side note, back in Calgary, an incredibly clean and litter free city, I was handed an iced beverage with a paper straw. Back where I lived in Mexico I was never more than a dozen km's from the ocean, and yet every store and eatery handed out plastic straws and bags, yet here in a culturally clean prairie city we can't have plastic? Go figure. These virtue signalling assholes need to be thrown in the ocean themselves.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
No your post did not come across that way! I was just making more of a general statement based on the general populations beliefs.

On a side note, back in Calgary, an incredibly clean and litter free city, I was handed an iced beverage with a paper straw. Back where I lived in Mexico I was never more than a dozen km's from the ocean, and yet every store and eatery handed out plastic straws and bags, yet here in a culturally clean prairie city we can't have plastic? Go figure. These virtue signalling assholes need to be thrown in the ocean themselves.

Reminds me of Denmark. Everybody tries to be so green. So many initiatives and virtual signaling about the environment. Yet masks are just thrown everywhere on the ground (at least it was like that when people wore them). So much hypocracy these days.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I’m not going to get into a “guns in the USA” debate.

But I want to say that I agree with @thechosen1 post saying that media coverage of mass shootings is making it worse. I wish they didn’t do that.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014

But I want to say that I agree with @thechosen1 post saying that media coverage of mass shootings is making it worse. I wish they didn’t do that.

It's the same with the gang wars that have exploded in Sweden in the recent years. These gangs get so much attention. They are on the front pages of newspapers. There are interviews with them. Their members top the Swedish music charts on Spotify. They flash their guns and drugs in YouTube videos and have an insane amount of Instagram followers.

All this leads to them being glorified. All this attentions results to more kids wanting to be like them. Killing each other week in and week out in Stockholm. The same with mass shootings. They do it for attention. If they knew that noone would know of them, they would never do it. Or at least it would not happen as often as it does now.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México

My girlfriend used to be a journalist here in Mexico and she said that they just stopped reporting gang killings in a lot of outlets because that's exactly what the gangsters want: attention & glory.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Exciting stuff, probably because I find it terribly mind-bending.
Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance".
This phenomenon in simple terms is as follows-
Suppose if you have two electrons entangled (the procees of entanglement can be done or we can find entangled parties which is rare) one is spinning from right to left and other from left to right from thier axis.
Now if we find out spinning direction of any one of the electron the spin of other can be found instantly because it is opposite of what we found of 1st one. For example we found out that one electron is spinning from right to left, this implies (instantaneously) that other must be spinning from left to right.
Here comes the crux, if we place one of the entangled electron on earth and other on mars and put information in them like simple information, for example yes/no. Then we can exchange information faster than ***speed of light***.
And this is where things start to change, Einstein said nothing can travel faster than speed of EM waves(like radiowaves, ultraviolet etc. ) How come this information is transferred faster than speed of light. Because the moment we find out spin of one electron is the moment we found out spin of other "no matter the distance".
If someone wants to discuss this please post reply or start conversation

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance".
This phenomenon in simple terms is as follows-
Suppose if you have two electrons entangled (the procees of entanglement can be done or we can find entangled parties which is rare) one is spinning from right to left and other from left to right from thier axis.
Now if we find out spinning direction of any one of the electron the spin of other can be found instantly because it is opposite of what we found of 1st one. For example we found out that one electron is spinning from right to left, this implies (instantaneously) that other must be spinning from left to right.
Here comes the crux, if we place one of the entangled electron on earth and other on mars and put information in them like simple information, for example yes/no. Then we can exchange information faster than ***speed of light***.
And this is where things start to change, Einstein said nothing can travel faster than speed of EM waves(like radiowaves, ultraviolet etc. ) How come this information is transferred faster than speed of light. Because the moment we find out spin of one electron is the moment we found out spin of other "no matter the distance".
If someone wants to discuss this please post reply or start conversation

As far as I understand that is a big misunderstanding by many. Information cannot travel faster than the speed of light because even with entangled particles, you do not know the spin of your particle before measuring it.

In lay terms, you don't know if it's a 1 or a 0 before you measure what you have. Yes, if you measure 1 on Earth then you immediately know that on Mars you have 0, but you didn't know that before you measured it. You can't for example say "I will send message 1011001 to Mars" because you don't know which of your particles are 1 and which are 0.

One of the most interesting use cases is quantum cryptography though - creating communications that are totally secure - if anyone would try to listen to your communication, both the sending and the receiving party would immediately detect it (Quantum Communication | PicoQuant). The information itself would still travel at the speed of light.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Fat people shame fit people.
Broke people shame rich people.
Dumb people shame smart people.
People with no freedom shame those with lots of freedom.
I am fat, broke, "dumb" but I love fit, rich and smart people. I love people with lots of freedom. I love spending time with these types of people.

People who shame others are not the kind of people you would want to be friends with, neither do I. From my experience, they are very dishonest humans themselves.

Hang out with people you like, with good people. Don't let negetive people bring you down. Don't ignore your environment, it's critical. You are truely the average of the people you hang out with. You may be a good person, but when you start hanging out with dishonest people, you become dishonest too and that actually happened to be last year. I broke tie with those people (they don't know it yet, I tell them I'm busy) and I'm never going to hang out with them again. I would rather be alone than hangout in a negative atmosphere.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Security is a great business, certainly fastlane. In light of recent events, I can see third party security being a dire need. Especially if you are saving someone's life.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
As far as I understand that is a big misunderstanding by many. Information cannot travel faster than the speed of light because even with entangled particles, you do not know the spin of your particle before measuring it.

In lay terms, you don't know if it's a 1 or a 0 before you measure what you have. Yes, if you measure 1 on Earth then you immediately know that on Mars you have 0, but you didn't know that before you measured it. You can't for example say "I will send message 1011001 to Mars" because you don't know which of your particles are 1 and which are 0.

One of the most interesting use cases is quantum cryptography though - creating communications that are totally secure - if anyone would try to listen to your communication, both the sending and the receiving party would immediately detect it (Quantum Communication | PicoQuant). The information itself would still travel at the speed of light.
We brake the superposition. So maybe superposition is what i dont understand or my interpretation may be wrong about entanglement.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well I had grand plans for a nice bike ride this morning. About a 50km loop around our reservoir. On the way through the park I decided to pop over to a trail and see how it was. I ride that trail 20+ times a season, and didn't think much of it.

Keep in mind this is literally my second ride of the season, and my skill set needs some refreshing. So what do I do? Crash about 500m into the trail during the most difficult section. My whole right side is messed up with bruises and road rash and scrapes. Whoops! Lesson learned, ease back into it!

My 2 year old is pretty funny about it. "daddy owwie, daddy crash bicycle"

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Elon makes the world more interesting. ESG has always pissed me off.

When I first saw the companies on the top of the ESG lists, I wondered if I was looking at a mirror of the SPY index constituents lol.

I only started hearing about ESG from last year....the goons used the pandemic to push their idealistic rubbish.

And turns out, there's no way you can totally remove environmental impacts from work. Even green energy needs extensive mining to get the rare earths for the tech chips.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Wow. You have to login to see the price. Guess what the Costco discounted price is?

$1,129 for less than 2.0 oz of a creme.

First ingredient? Water.
That's pretty crazy.

That makes me think of those bottles that say "98% natural ingredients" or whatever. You know 98% water and 2% arsenic would be considered "98% natural" and I would not want that anywhere near me.

I used to deal with a chemical called Acrolein, it was very hazardous and would be an extreme irritant in the parts per billion range! Most stuff you talk about PPM, with that it was PPB. When security theater frisks you for those 100mL bottles I always laugh about what even a few mL of that stuff would do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.