The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting CV19: Please send thoughts and well wishes to Greg B (Runum)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Monday, June 4 was my last day of therapy. I walked out without assistance. I still walk or lift weights everyday on my own. 20230605_133521.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Heyyyyyy,

I am SO HAPPY to see the recovery you are making.

I followed your journey and loved the communal support shared with you on the forum.

May you continue to grow and excel as you continue the therapy.

Melissa.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Just got done reading the whole thread. I got the pleasure to meet @Runum yesterday. I'm so glad I got to meet him yesterday, he's an amazing person to get to know and he truly is an inspiration! Thank you for allowing me to learn and hear your story :)

We all had fun yesterday, it was great to hear his story in person. I definitely learned a lot from him and wish to continue to learn from him.

After a year and half later, here is today :) see the picture below! Just thought I'd share it for everybody :).

A true Spartan to the end!

Attachments

• 20230624_180152.jpg
    20230624_180152.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 50

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Just got done reading the whole thread. I got the pleasure to meet @Runum yesterday. I'm so glad I got to meet him yesterday, he's an amazing person to get to know and he truly is an inspiration! Thank you for allowing me to learn and hear your story :)

We all had fun yesterday, it was great to hear his story in person. I definitely learned a lot from him and wish to continue to learn from him.

After a year and half later, here is today :) see the picture below! Just thought I'd share it for everybody :).

A true Spartan to the end!
2023 is my come back year and my 1 year anniversary of this whole nightmare. Everyday and every opportunity causes me to reflect on where I was exactly one year ago and marvel at the changes.

It was very cool to visit with you guys yesterday and to hear of successes and challenges. Afterward we went to see @machinistguy and his setup. He will be making some noise in the future. It was very inspiring to see someone so young and inexperienced making progress.

I often hear that I am an inspiration and I do appreciate the kind and encouraging words. But, through my recovery, I have met many people struggling with some sort of challenge in their lives.

One of my therapists asked my group one day to state one accomplishment, victory for the day. Mine was choosing to get up and be present. The was acknowledged as a very powerful victory and I accept that.

But, I have learned each of us is struggling. Each of has challenges. We all get to choose each day to get up and show up. You don't know of most people's challenges. My challenges are more visual than other's but we are all going through stuff.

Choosing to take care of your physical and mental health is paramount to be able to conquer other challenges. Realizing that we are all struggling in life is important for empathy and understanding.

Humor is a vital component during this journey we call life. Having a joke in your pocket and a kind word on your tongue makes people respond to you better. Comedian Logan Lyle is awesome. When I learned to talk again singing, loud and proud, to Kenny Roger's The Gambler was my go to.

Before our trip, I made a google shared document with all the passwords and codes for my wife and my adult kid. This helped them carry on the business end of our lives. I also had other important docs scanned and shared for them as well.

The Fastlane thread about selling the motorcycle is very true. I met so many TBI patients and amputees that were from motorcycle accidents.

Not to be fatalistic, we are all one decision, one moment, away from having our lives altered permanently. Stack the cards in your favor, choose daily, carefully, wisely, with intention.

All is well here and getting better everyday.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
A good book recommendation learning that everyone is suffering all kinds of challenges is by a guy called Joe Polish. The title is "What's In It For Them". He talks about this in great length.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Another Fake Leg Greg anniversary. One year ago I finally left the Brownsville hospital . I took my broken body for an 8 hour ride in the back of an ambulance to Fort Worth. We tried to work out air transport but couldn't get the logistics figured out. 1 year later, I can now chew and swallow. My jaw muscles and tongue had to relearn the whole process. I can swallow liquids without choking. I can talk although the stroke has left my facial muscles affected and the trach process has scarred my throat and left me with this cool Clint Eastwood voice. I can sit up and stand up without assistance. I have the strength to stand and walk without supports. I have the ability to drive again. I can also scratch when itch and roll over in bed when I want to. I don't even have to have my wife shave me or hold my hand when putting food in my mouth. I can also open twist off caps off of bottles without having someone loosen it first.

I have walked about 25 miles in the last 4 weeks and recently walked my first mile in less than 30 minutes. People are taking note of my progress in the gym., they saw me wheel in and work out with one leg last fall.

This is my period of celebration of me regaining my independence and freedom. Sorry if you guys get tired of hearing about this.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I am not at all tired of hearing about this.

You sir, are an inspiration.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Sorry if you guys get tired of hearing about this.
Hell no brother! Keep it coming.

Six years ago I had a brutal knee injury, surgery, 9 weeks in a straight leg brace(try taking a crap without bending your knee!), 189 days of rehab, and years of continued work to get to where I am today. I cannot imagine what you've gone through but damn, you've so got this!

It's been my experience that so many amazing things came from my injury that I literally would never take it back. My perspective toward so many things has changed for the better and the medical procedures I've had, and probably will have, are no big deal.

Thanks for sharing!

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Another Fake Leg Greg anniversary. One year ago I finally left the Brownsville hospital . I took my broken body for an 8 hour ride in the back of an ambulance to Fort Worth. We tried to work out air transport but couldn't get the logistics figured out. 1 year later, I can now chew and swallow. My jaw muscles and tongue had to relearn the whole process. I can swallow liquids without choking. I can talk although the stroke has left my facial muscles affected and the trach process has scarred my throat and left me with this cool Clint Eastwood voice. I can sit up and stand up without assistance. I have the strength to stand and walk without supports. I have the ability to drive again. I can also scratch when itch and roll over in bed when I want to. I don't even have to have my wife shave me or hold my hand when putting food in my mouth. I can also open twist off caps off of bottles without having someone loosen it first.

I have walked about 25 miles in the last 4 weeks and recently walked my first mile in less than 30 minutes. People are taking note of my progress in the gym., they saw me wheel in and work out with one leg last fall.

This is my period of celebration of me regaining my independence and freedom. Sorry if you guys get tired of hearing about this.
Greg, you are not annoying anybody. Thank you for the inspiration. Also, glad to see you are continuing the YouTube channel with your latest post - installing a left foot accelerator. Seems like a great niche for content too (DIY and helping people who have been through similar but aren't as strong or resourceful as yourself). You're tough as nails...

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
May 18, 2023
You’re not annoying anyone! This is inspiring!

And I thought I came a long way!

Kudos! You don’t let anything get in your way!

Id love to hear more progress, id re-read that 8 times over just to show it isn’t annoying!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Not going to get tired of hearing you recover bit by bit! Congrats on the recovery, and keep going!

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

I so loved to read this now. I have also went through something like this and it's been 1 complete year of nightmare.

Do check my thread also.

Keep us updated and keep going man. You are inspiring us and giving us a reason to push through a difficult times.
Thanks

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Covid didn’t happen to Greg… Greg happened to Covid. He even has the Clint Eastwood voice to prove it.

Its not a coincidence that Covid disappeared once Greg kicked its a$$.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hell no brother! Keep it coming.

Six years ago I had a brutal knee injury, surgery, 9 weeks in a straight leg brace(try taking a crap without bending your knee!), 189 days of rehab, and years of continued work to get to where I am today. I cannot imagine what you've gone through but damn, you've so got this!

It's been my experience that so many amazing things came from my injury that I literally would never take it back. My perspective toward so many things has changed for the better and the medical procedures I've had, and probably will have, are no big deal.

Thanks for sharing!
Sorry to hear about your knee and rehab. Those one legged squats with opposite leg extension are killer. Thanks for the kind words.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I so loved to read this now. I have also went through something like this and it's been 1 complete year of nightmare.

Do check my thread also.

Keep us updated and keep going man. You are inspiring us and giving us a reason to push through a difficult times.
Thanks
Man, you have come a long ways! Impressive biz execution. The HIV thing sucks. I hope you find the correct therapy to address this.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

At a gym I used to workout at, there was this guy in his 80s with a walker who still used the weightlifting machines. We'd shoot the shit because we went to the same college. He pushed himself harder than millions of 20 somethings sitting at home on their couches.

Don't stop posting. I always love hearing stories about people who keep trucking forward despite whatever bullshit life throws at them.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Latest One Legged Old man update. I got decannulated last August. I first met my prosthetist about a year ago. I have walked almost 73 miles since June. Got back on the hack squat machine recently. Impatiently waiting for this summer inferno to pass to get back to outside activities. Going to Austin in December to visit some Fastlaners. Also, planning for Alaska May/June2024. In a few weeks I will be making a presentation to a group of health care students.

Whatever you are going through, it can be temporary, work hard to overcome, it will result in a better quality of life. Your choice. Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right."
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ckaOOrnfw

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230902_125114_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20230902_125114_Connect.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I do have a question though.

If a one legged old man completes a half marathon should he get the full marathon t-shirt? :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Back in June I got a Garmin Forerunner 255s and have been pleased with it. The watch gives probably more data than I need. My HR has improved and my HRV is improving. It says my fitness age is 55 right now. Also my sleep routine is in the toilet.

Been doing some thinking and research. One of my early jobs was a machinist. I cut all kinds of metals. The cutting fluids created mists and vapors of which I breathed in and literally bathed in daily. In those days they didn't talk much about respiratory damage. In addition I did a lot of tool making, grinding carbide. Later on I got into welding and shaping metals. Again, breathing heavy metals, I had a respirator by this time. Since CV19 is a respiratory disease, the condition of my lungs certainly didn't help the situation. I never smoked and I have never had a lung evaluation done other than during my stay in the hospital. In the end the x-rays looked clean.

Toward the end of my machining career, I told my trainees to protect themselves because no-one else would.

I walked my first 30 minute outdoor mile this week. 2 mph. I used to walk about 3.3 mph. Due to my leg workouts my socket on my prosthetic is too tight. They are casting me for a new socket and a new active foot next Monday. the new foot should be lighter and offer more spring push. it looks like a running blade with a heal on it.

Pay attention to your lungs guys. Cooks, carpenters, firefighters, and metal workers, all those fumes you breathe matter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_125325_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_125325_Connect.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content