The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Australia’s election is over. We just elected the Joe Biden of Australia. What the F*ck is going on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Australia’s election is over. We just elected the Joe Biden of Australia. What the F*ck is going on.
It's funny you say that -- it feels like political waves are consistent across many countries. The nationalist push of Brexit coincided with Trump, and now this. Then the next wave looks more conservative for US midterms in November, and I imagine that an economic crisis would only strengthen that.

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
It’s true. Your biggest advantage isn’t money, it’s knowledge and mindset.

What did they do in the old days? Family apprenticeships. The blacksmith’s son became a blacksmith.

Lo and behold, the best businessmen often have kids who become successful businessmen.

Take everything from them and they still know how it all works, unlike most normal people.
Man don't try going that way, in the youtube comments, you see people saying the same thing about Gary Vee which is nuts to me.
Even if his dad gave him unlimited ammunition of money, the guy is genius executioner. you can't take off his success.

Edit: Even if his dad would have sent unlimited ammunition of money to Gary, consistenly. Which he obviously did not.

Last edited:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
In one week we may very well elect the Bernie Sanders of Colombia.

And if he isn't elected, there will undoubtedly be mass destructive protests across the major cities.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There’s fine dining, excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere, and then there’s nonsense Michelin level where, just like @Mathuin said about high fashion, it has to be a joke where they try to get people to pay the most outrageous prices for the most outrageously terrible meal.

I read somewhere that a lot of people pursue "sophistication" as a means of status, though, it part of said "sophistication" is that no one can F*cking understand it.

You'll get the same bullshit with the ideas that they embrace too - convoluted nonsense.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" etc.

The best food is cheap and served in slightly dirty restaurants run by people who barely speak English (you have to point and use hand gestures to let them know that you want food).

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Did you see there was an Independent called Spender, so the supporters tee shirts had her Christian name on them instead of her really inconvenient surname.
I wrote Christian name to be provocative ok, I aint religious

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I read somewhere that a lot of people pursue "sophistication" as a means of status, though, it part of said "sophistication" is that no one can F*cking understand it.

Ah yes, 99% of people who drink wine.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
unnamed.jpg

As a European, the situation in the US is completely nuts to me. You're basically slaving away your entire life, without even getting a couple of weeks off a year. All of my friends who work a day job have at least 26 days a year and you can quite easily have at least two 2-week-long vacations a year.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 43614

As a European, the situation in the US is completely nuts to me. You're basically slaving away your entire life, without even getting a couple of weeks off a year. All of my friends who work a day job have at least 26 days a year and you can quite easily have at least two 2-week-long vacations a year.
You have to consider the fact that a lot of this is mandated by law, and this is a significant cost to smaller businesses and new entrepreneurs (hello, like the fastlaners on this forum).

It is hella expensive for a new business to pay people not to work.

It is easy for a massive company to pay people not to work.

The policies and laws like this favor massive conglomerates and cut the legs off of new businesses and entrepreneurs.

Of course employees like it - who doesn't want there to be a law that says "everyone gets free vacation (and ice cream)?"

But that doesn't make it work. It doesn't make it effective for all the new businesses being started.

Who gives your new fastlane enterprise free money for payroll and a budget to pay your e-comm boxer her 104 hour vacation after the first year? Nobody.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
You have to consider the fact that a lot of this is mandated by law, and this is a significant cost to smaller businesses and new entrepreneurs (hello, like the fastlaners on this forum).

The policies and laws like this favor massive conglomerates and cut the legs off of new businesses and entrepreneurs.

Of course employees like it - who doesn't want there to be a law that says "everyone gets free vacation (and ice cream)?"

But that doesn't make it work. It doesn't make it effective for all the new businesses being started.

Who gives your new fastlane enterprise free money for payroll and a budget to pay your e-comm boxer her 104 hour vacation after the first year? Nobody.

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

There's a big cultural difference between how most Europeans see work and how most Americans see it. I understand the entrepreneur's point of view yet sympathize more with the European approach.

In Europe, there's more focus on quality of life and this involves being able to take time off and relax. It makes you more productive, not less, because there's less burnout and you can more easily manage stress.

Also, you pay people not to work either way. You either give them time off so they can recover from stress and be more productive when they return. Or you don't give them much (if any) time off, they burn out, and then their productivity drops to zero.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Also, you pay people not to work either way. You either give them time off so they can recover from stress and be more productive when they return. Or you don't give them much (if any) time off, they burn out, and then their productivity drops to zero.
You cannot conjure money out of thin air as a new business.

I get what you're saying, but there needs to be freedom for different businesses to operate differently.

Yes, you can get more debt, you can get more investors, but at the end of the day, Amazon is different from a brand new e-commerce store started by a guy who just joined this forum.

They shouldn't be required to have the same vacation policy. Or you're just killing the noobies.

This is why the world of massive venture capital and spending outrageous sums of money for unprofitable startups exists: lots of "runway" costs that aren't even helping you get the plane off the ground.

If that's what you want, go work for the megalithic company instead of the small business or the startup... my 2 cents

-- Of course, there are other strategies for fastlaners - like using contract labor as long as possible - outsourcing to other countries, you name it. This is why.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

EU laws are not as entrepreneur friendly as US laws. But the law regarding free time is by far not the worst thing for a new business.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
On fb I write some thoughts on Cryptos from time to time. Fb, as I use it long time, but I don’t really like it. So what chanel should I use, when I want to delight an audience?
Twitter?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
On fb I write some thoughts on Cryptos from time to time. Fb, as I use it long time, but I don’t really like it. So what chanel should I use, when I want to delight an audience?
Twitter?

Twitter is THE place for crypto talk. It's also a super toxic place so be cautious.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Twitter is THE place for crypto talk. It's also a super toxic place so be cautious.
Thanks. I have Twitter accounts, but not used to it. What you mean with toxic?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thanks. I have Twitter accounts, but not used to it. What you mean with toxic?

People arguing about politics (or anything else) all the time. People pretending to know everything. Scammers. Bots. Fake accounts. Twitter forcing you to see trending tweets, usually about some terrible world events.

It's toxic because it makes you feel like shit when you use it. Even if you're trying to stay away from all the arguments usually it's impossible.

More about my experience here:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So now I decided to test Instagram as a marketing tool. My view of Instagram is that it's mostly a place for women to sell their bodies and for guys to drool over them. Check out what kind of accounts Instagram suggested me to follow to "get inspired."

Screenshot_20220524-144014.jpg

LOL. I definitely feel super inspired now. All that I'm missing to win as a content creator is a pair of fake tits.

I had to scroll several more similar profiles before I started seeing normal people.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Nobody in the history of the world has ever built wealth by making excuses.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Man I can tell that these inspirational influencers have made you post some inspirational stuff. Slow down a little before you turn into Tony Robbins.
Who’s that? I am moved by Sammi Sprinkles you posted. It’s world class wisdom inspiration! :rofl:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Nobody in the history of the world has ever built wealth by making excuses.

Are you sure about that?

giphy.gif

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 43614

The people I know working 9-5s that have massive vacation allowances never take them LOL.

There are Americans that retire with over a year of paid vacation saved up.

Some, however lose it every year and still don’t take it. That has always struck me as strange.

Either way, I’m someone who gets joy and relaxation out of making things happen. So I work most days, but I can still do whatever I want for the most part. I just generally want to “work.”

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Interesting.

Just an FYI for everyone. The “growth rate” is talking about the GDP. GDP is measured in dollars.

Of course if you pump a ton of new money into circulation, and even produce the same amount, you’re going to “produce more” in terms of dollars, but not necessarily in real terms.

This entire headline can be rewritten to say “The US inflation rate is higher than China’s by enough to throw the growth figures and create a meaningless superiority.”

You can manufacture nominal growth rates with a stroke of a keyboard.

This is why I spent a while talking about Real vs Nominal on my show. There’s a lot of misleading economic data out there right now.

If your nominal growth rate is 6% (just for the sake of argument) and your inflation rate is 9%… You can tout your 6% growth rate all you want, but the real GDP is shrinking by 3%.

This is notwithstanding dishonest inflation rates that certainly higher than published. The true figures are, at this point, impossible to calculate and every media source that acts like they can is just propagandizing. There are too many improperly measured variables.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I’m all about GOOD food at nice restaurants, but, surprisingly, I’ve never been to a Michelin rated restaurant that I enjoyed.

There’s fine dining, excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere, and then there’s nonsense Michelin level where, just like @Mathuin said about high fashion, it has to be a joke where they try to get people to pay the most outrageous prices for the most outrageously terrible meal.

I’d rather eat at McDonald’s than every Michelin rated restaurant I’ve ever been to.
We went to this fancy restaurant in Aspen. Ordered some fancy raw salmon that was $34 for 4 tiny pieces. There's only so much you can do with raw salmon, like put salt, pepper and drizzle a sauce on it. Fast forward months later, we went to an all you can eat place in Vegas, they had the same salmon. We were like, "this tastes just like the $34 salmon, but here it's all you can eat!"

I don't get fine dining either.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

You'll get the same bullshit with the ideas that they embrace too - convoluted nonsense.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" etc.

The best food is cheap and served in slightly dirty restaurants run by people who barely speak English (you have to point and use hand gestures to let them know that you want food).
Sophisticated is having 4 utensils to go through your meal and people saying, you're not supposed to eat your main dish with a salad fork!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The people I know working 9-5s that have massive vacation allowances never take them LOL.

There are Americans that retire with over a year of paid vacation saved up.

Some, however lose it every year and still don’t take it. That has always struck me as strange.

Either way, I’m someone who gets joy and relaxation out of making things happen. So I work most days, but I can still do whatever I want for the most part. I just generally want to “work.”
When I was in the corporate world, there were 2 main reasons people didn't take vacation days.

1) They didn't want to spend money on an actual vacation or they didn't have any money to spend during the days off, and they didn't want to just sit around at home.

2) They didn't want to have their work piled up when they got back. Most jobs, nobody does your work when you are gone so you have double the work when you get back.

Both reasons were kind of sad.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

When I was in the corporate world, there were 2 main reasons people didn't take vacation days.

1) They didn't want to spend money on an actual vacation or they didn't have any money to spend during the days off, and they didn't want to just sit around at home.

2) They didn't want to have their work piled up when they got back. Most jobs, nobody does your work when you are gone so you have double the work when you get back.

Both reasons were kind of sad.
This is very true and applies to most business owners too. And people say that's only true for small, one man show businesses, but I see it even for companies doing 8, 9 figures, where the owner is a CEO but is fighting lots of fires. It can be a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.