The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Today I got bored with my boring avatar and went back to my old one.

I'm just off a call with an agency owner looking to partner with a Google Ads person (thanks for the referral @BizyDad).

At the end of the call they said they'd already searched for me online and liked that I had articles about Google Ads (presumably ones in this forum).

I suggested they might find the workshop on andyblack.net useful.

Their first comment when they went to my site?

"I like your photo!"
1651183697117.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Super interesting!

It shows what problem solving entrepreneurs, over time, can accomplish. We are the ones that improve the world. I find entrepreneurship, at the highest levels, to be an incredibly honorable pursuit.

Last edited:

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
I agree with you.

I didn't say it was going to be fixed. I said it's screwed up what they are doing.

I pointed out facts that you then reiterated...in an extremely rude, condescending way. I just pointed out how f*cked up the situation is, which you agree with.

The rest of what you said is pointless. "Your vision" blah blah blah whatever.

I gotcha man, we agree, I thought you were one of those innocent "I can't believe the government is doing that" types, that kinda pissed me off because those people are a big part of the problem.

I may have come off very condensing and in fact I was, I apologize for that, we agree. This government craziness is getting out of hand.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Kinda scary they now have a robot that can leap 100 feet, perhaps scaling a tree or a building, just in case they need to apprehend you because your social credit score falls below mainstream standards because you spoke poorly of your government masters, lol.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Kinda scary they now have a robot that can leap 100 feet, perhaps scaling a tree or a building, just in case they need to apprehend you because your social credit score falls below mainstream standards because you spoke poorly of your government masters, lol.

The video is interesting but I don't really see how they'd use this type of robot for the purposes you mentioned. A gun or a drone would be far more effective.

Seems like a cool gadget to scout terrain for rovers though.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

Your mind is dark MJ. I watched the video and got excited at the progress of technology. It’s a little spring robot that looks like a bug, the researcher who created it really thought outside the box to get this result. Amazing accomplishment.

And it’s useful for space travel where there is no atmosphere.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Your mind is dark MJ. I watched the video and got excited at the progress of technology. It’s a little spring robot that looks like a bug, the researcher who created it really thought outside the box to get this result. Amazing accomplishment.

And it’s useful for space travel where there is no atmosphere.

Maybe he just got off from watching a Black Mirror episode lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Maybe he just got off from watching a Black Mirror episode lol

Your mind is dark MJ.

Ha Ha.

No, actually I know human history too well, perhaps too well. As I've mentioned before, there has been no great enlightenment in the last 30 years for humans, much less 300. And by all measures, a few bad Black Mirror episodes does indeed seem to be our future the way things have unfolded in the last 2 years. Anyone who can't see that is NOT paying attention -- oh yea, they aren't paying attention because their face is buried in their smartphone seeking the next dopamine hit. Not only have humans not evolved, they de-evolved to the point that no one can pay attention longer than a 32 second TikTok video. Sounds like a nice set of circumstances for a dystopian future. And those in power, know it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Ha Ha.

No, actually I know human history too well, perhaps too well. As I've mentioned before, there has been no great enlightenment in the last 30 years for humans, much less 300. And by all measures, a few bad Black Mirror episodes does indeed seem to be our future the way things have unfolded in the last 2 years. Anyone who can't see that is NOT paying attention -- oh yea, they aren't paying attention because their face is buried in their smartphone seeking the next dopamine hit. Not only have humans not evolved, they de-evolved to the point that no one can pay attention longer than a 32 second TikTok video. Sounds like a nice set of circumstances for a dystopian future.

Speaking of attention spans:

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tm7iza81f70

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Ha Ha.

No, actually I know human history too well, perhaps too well. As I've mentioned before, there has been no great enlightenment in the last 30 years for humans, much less 300. And by all measures, a few bad Black Mirror episodes does indeed seem to be our future the way things have unfolded in the last 2 years. Anyone who can't see that is NOT paying attention -- oh yea, they aren't paying attention because their face is buried in their smartphone seeking the next dopamine hit. Not only have humans not evolved, they de-evolved to the point that no one can pay attention longer than a 32 second TikTok video. Sounds like a nice set of circumstances for a dystopian future. And those in power, know it.

This is very true. Enlightenment is a misnomer. We, humans, are as much animals as we were thousands of years ago. We just have better toys. And when enough people decide to dislike enough other people, we fight. Those who have more power tend to do horrible things to those with no power. It's ironic to me that WWII was a result of The Treaty of Versailles pushing Germans into extreme poverty and giving the opportunity for Hitler to become... well Hitler. I fully expect the future to have very dark spots. We don't need to go far, the invasion of Ukraine by Russia today is a classic example of it.

Similarly, the war today is not all fought on the ground (like WWII), a large part of the war is now technological / information etc. With the inventions of robotics, AI and alternative power sources; we'll see some dark things in the future.

But I'll say this, I cannot live in fear and refuse to let my mind go down that rabbit hole. I'll deal with such problems as when they come along. And if I cannot deal with that at that time, then so be it. It is not that I am purposefully blind to it, it's that worrying about problems that haven't happened yet seems like a bad way to live my life.

In short, I am happy my brain currently sees the good before the bad! :)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

the only answer is to flex your second amendment rights by buying and programming your own defense robot that also leaps 100 feet and scales trees and buildings ;)

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
the only answer is to flex your second amendment rights by buying and programming your own defense robot that also leaps 100 feet and scales trees and buildings
I'm just going to hook up water cannons around the perimeter of my property & wait for the robots.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

the only answer is to flex your second amendment rights by buying and programming your own defense robot that also leaps 100 feet and scales trees and buildings ;)
form a neighborhood security group. Befriend the local police force. Go bottom up, to prevent top down.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Ha Ha.

I hope that this is not too intrusive, and if it is, feel free to ignore my question... I'm only asking this to ask if you're okay.

I remember you had a period of time when you were super chill and optimistic. As far as I remember, you admitted that it was because of Michael A. Singer and just accepting things as they are.

Here's the post I'm referring to:

Wow, that's pretty cool you noticed because generally speaking this is true. Thanks for perceiving that.

I've been taking steps to be more "present" and grateful, accepting things I cannot control. Mindfulness, meditation, a different perspective, etc. While I haven't read "The Power of Now" in many years, I'm trying to practice that. I guess the best phrase to encompass the philosophy is unconditional happiness, which I mentioned upstairs in the thread.

I also probably listened to 2,000+ hours of Michael Singer's work (audiobooks) while sleeping ... (that's how I accumulated 2000+ hours!) not sure if that is having a subliminal effect because honestly, as soon as I fire up the material, I'm asleep within minutes. Perhaps it is having a subliminal/subconscious impact, but I know it is having a conscious one. In the grand scheme of things, I know I have an awesome life and a lot to be thankful for. Generally speaking, less things piss me off with less emotional bite -- I've accepted that most humans are victims of their own feral, knee-jerk thinking while they clamor for Supreme clothes, Yeezies, and other stupid shit. I'm also aware that that previous statement is extremely egoistic (arrogant) as I'm not immune to equally feral reactions, so obviously I have a lot of work to do in that realm. One day at a time ...

I'm also getting older and more aware of my mortality, as they say, as you get older, the less f*cks are given, lol.

Recently though, I've noticed (as @Antifragile has) that your mind has turned dark. When you mention new things, you often assume right away the bad intentions of the people in question. There seems to be way more suspicion, frustration, and aggression in your posts, as if your brain is now programmed to only see or expect the bad stuff.

What prompted that change in your attitude? Or are you overall still as happy as you were back then but for some reason you come across differently online now?

Again, I apologize if this is too personal. Just hoping you're okay. I decided it was better to ask and regret it than not ask and regret it.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Another Friday, another day to refuse to say the words happy and Friday in the same sentence no matter how many coworkers or family members say it to me haha. I’m more focused on executing than on mindset stuff like this now though. Mindset doesn’t go anywhere, actions do

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I hope that this is not too intrusive, and if it is, feel free to ignore my question... I'm only asking this to ask if you're okay.

I remember you had a period of time when you were super chill and optimistic. As far as I remember, you admitted that it was because of Michael A. Singer and just accepting things as they are.

Here's the post I'm referring to:

Recently though, I've noticed (as @Antifragile has) that your mind has turned dark. When you mention new things, you often assume right away the bad intentions of the people in question. There seems to be way more suspicion, frustration, and aggression in your posts, as if your brain is now programmed to only see or expect the bad stuff.

What prompted that change in your attitude? Or are you overall still as happy as you were back then but for some reason you come across differently online now?

Again, I apologize if this is too personal. Just hoping you're okay. I decided it was better to ask and regret it than not ask and regret it.

I've never been happier in my life. I mean that seriously from the bottom of my heart.

My mind isn't dark, however when it comes to human beings and human behavior, I'm cynical. And every day I'm reminded of it. Common sense is no longer common. Sometimes I feel like an alien on an alien planet, a planet filled with a species addicted to something, from sugar to video games to smartphones, and I think it shows in some of my posts.

In Michael Singer's terms, I've accepted what is.

And if the posts appear "dark", it doesn't come from a place of FEAR, but from a place of a disassociated spectator, as if I'm watching a movie unfold before my eyes. And like a movie in a theater, there's nothing I can do about the film that is unfolding.

I can't change human behavior, I can only observe it. And if someone wants to say "confirmation bias" -- sorry, I don't watch the news, I'm barely on social media, and I remove myself from most cultural normalities as much as I can, simply because I can't identify with any of it. However sometimes it's hard to ignore the stupidity that appears in front of my face IRL (I won't give you examples) and it will bleed into some posts.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being forced to watch a bad movie, and that bad movie is humanity.

Every morning I wake up filled with gratitude that I have the life that I have, and that I can share it with someone I love. I guess the best analogy to describe it, is watching your nephew get addicted to heroin and throw his life away, but you can do nothing about it ... but accept what is. And do your best to be stoic about it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Every morning I wake up filled with gratitude that I have the life that I have, and that I can share it with someone I love. I guess the best analogy to describe it, is watching your nephew get addicted to heroin and throw his life away, but you can do nothing about it ... but accept what is. And your best to be stoic about it.

Thank you for that clarification. I'm glad to hear that (not the nephew part LOL but the gratitude you feel every morning).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for that clarification. I'm glad to hear that (not the nephew part LOL but the gratitude you feel every morning).

You bet. It saddens me that my posts have been perceived in a manner that implies I'm miserable and living in fear, when it's exactly the opposite. The top 3 words that I would describe my life is: Happy, gratuitous, and excited ... cynical would be #9 or 10 ... which tends to manifest itself here. Obviously I need to do better.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You bet. It saddens me that my posts have been perceived in a manner that implies I'm miserable and living in fear, when it's exactly the opposite. The top 3 words that I would describe my life is: Happy, gratuitous, and excited ... cynical would be #9 or 10 ... which tends to manifest itself here. Obviously I need to do better.
I’m glad @MTF brought it up. I was wondering too MJ. Good to hear you’re happier than ever.

Maybe you’re just seeing the worst in humanity because of what/who you’re surrounded by or encountering/seeing regularly?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My posts about me being "bored" or wondering what else to do were perceived that way also. I think it's often because what is posted is how others perceive us. We don't post about the majority of our daily lives or thoughts. It's the interesting or different thoughts that get posted onto the forum, thus shaping how other perceive us.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My posts about me being "bored" or wondering what else to do were perceived that way also. I think it's often because what is posted is how others perceive us. We don't post about the majority of our daily lives or thoughts. It's the interesting or different thoughts that get posted onto the forum, thus shaping how other perceive us.

Yea I just had a delicious lunch and watched some ducks play in our backyard creek. The sun peeked out from a cloud and our bird feeder is filled with colorful birds. I could only feel incredible joy ... and here people are thinking that I'm in my basement cowering in fear over Klaus Schwab's plans to take over the world.

:playful:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
It's like you're reading my mind... :eyes:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
...cowering in fear over Klaus Schwab's plans to take over the world.
I ran into my uncle's friend's cousin's former friend's niece's great aunt at a conference on military applications of green technology and diversity studies. She mentioned her bucket list, which included pranking Klaus Schwab. I guess she doesn't take him very seriously, even though he's obviously a maniac. Anyway, I thought that was a pretty cool bucket list item.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

And… Anyone who has shot a compound bow is unimpressed. Being able to fling an arrow, accurately, at many times the speed a human can naturally throw it, with just a human’s strength and a tool, has been around for a long time.

But yeah it’s sad we can’t just be happy about cool shit anymore.

:rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In short, I am happy my brain currently sees the good before the bad!
Be glad. Mine doesn’t.

Pessimism has its place though. I can see opportunity where hunky dory “this is totally fine” people are blind.

I’m, on a macro level, a pessimist. Not because I don’t believe that we could build an amazing future. Because it’s totally possible… But I’m pessimistic because I am aware of the fact we live on a slave planet.

On a micro level, as in, myself, my family and really even the intelligent entrepreneurial community, I’m an optimist. I believe that I still matter more to my own life than the gang member government. When that dynamic flips, it’s time for another decision, like getting the hell out and getting that dynamic back.

I’ve been someone who has long held a belief that the best way to vote is with your residence. Get up and go. I want the tax benefits of Puerto Rico for instance… But, after working on making this happen, I have determined that my after tax resources will be greater here. When that flip flops, and it will… The tax break will mean more money than me being here, leading my businesses. That’s when I’ll do it, or whatever else might make sense by then.

The point is, I don’t just bring solutions to the world’s problems as an entrepreneur, I bring them for my own problems too, perhaps to an even greater extent.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Speaking of all this… Are there any people here that are legitimately anti 5G? I know this is a thing and I just can’t wrap my head around that.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Speaking of all this… Are there any people here that are legitimately anti 5G? I know this is a thing and I just can’t wrap my head around that.

FML. It's all your fault. You got me to buy the newest iPhone when it just came out remember? It's 5G capable but I still don't know what it is or how to turn it on. I think that would involve me calling my provider, which I never did. And now there is this post reminding me that I paid for the device that I still use on LTE. So yeah, I am anti 5G now, might as well jump on that bandwagon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.