The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It's been two days since I put my socks into the family washing machine. I still can't find it and I remember putting it inside. I will have blisters on my feet if I don't wear socks with my leather shoes.

It's the only pair of socks that I have since I never wear one even if it's sneakers. I asked my mother but she suddenly became a brand ambassador of some kind, questioning me the brand of my socks. I only know the color of my socks! It's just black.

Is there an AirTag for laundry? Someone should invent it and market it for both personal uses and commercial laundry.
An air tag has got to be worth 10 or more pairs of socks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
An air tag has got to be worth 10 or more pairs of socks.
Not to mention what the heck would happen to one in the washer and then the dryer... if it even stays in your sock lol.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Anyone else sick of being told that “there’s going to be a big turkey shortage this year” when it never happens?

I saw turkeys for 25 cents a pound today.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@thechosen1 you laugh because someone in your life has Fox News brain. :rofl:

Turkey shortage mass formation psychosis happens among 2/3 of angry republicans every year.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Turkey shortage mass formation psychosis happens among 2/3 of angry republicans every year.

Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I do.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
When we buy a pack of 5 pairs of patterned socks, why do they always have to be different colours? I'd prefer them all to be the same so I don't have to match them.

That's exactly what I did - I threw away all my socks and bought a bulk pack of black ankle socks.

Literally the best thing I ever did for my wardrobe. No more matching or sorting or anything - whenever a single sock gets a hole or worn out I just throw it out. When the drawer starts getting "low" I throw them all out and start again. Normally I'd just add to the pile but clothing companies seem to LOVE changing shit every year so even if I buy the exact same brand/item it's just different enough to be annoying.

These days I have zero patience for clothing. I want to be able to grab anything in my drawers or closet and wear it without questioning if it still fits right, looks okay, matches properly, etc. I have about 5% of my closet dedicated to "special occasion" wear and everything else either looks and fits great or gets donated/thrown away.

Troubleshooting my wardrobe isn't something I'm mentally prepared to deal with that early in the morning :p

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I do.
I am all around confused! LOL

Nobody in my universe has mentioned any kind of turkey shortage. I went to multiple thanksgiving dinners this week and there was turkey galore! The only complaining anybody did was that their stomachs ached and their pants needed to be a size or two larger.

Oh and that my girlfriend's family gets LOUD. But we all had a blast.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Nobody in my universe has mentioned any kind of turkey shortage. I went to multiple thanksgiving dinners this week and there was turkey galore! The only complaining anybody did was that their stomachs ached and their pants needed to be a size or two larger.

Oh and that my girlfriend's family gets LOUD. But we all had a blast.
No no! It happens like late October early November and the “shortage” isn’t real.

All the pissed off republicans claim there’s not going to be enough turkeys this year because Fox News says so. “This time it’s different.” “Hopefully we can get a turkey this year.” :rofl:

The mania usually comes about 2-3 days before they say they got nice big turkey or two at the first store they walked into and it won’t be mentioned again until next year.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

I just poked fun at replying to your own posts.

“Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I do.”
I ask a question and answer myself :)

Just a one liner joke. That’s all.

OK; I’ll just do another and unrelated joke for today:

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

No no! It happens like late October early November and the “shortage” isn’t real.

All the pissed off republicans claim there’s not going to be enough turkeys this year because Fox News says so. “This time it’s different.” “Hopefully we can get a turkey this year.” :rofl:

The mania usually comes about 2-3 days before they say they got nice big turkey or two at the first store they walked into and it won’t be mentioned again until next year.
Ok fair, I just avoid people who say stuff like that. Those conversations are boring and tiring.

I am friends with people of different social strata but mostly the same political persuasions. The conversations vary within the same political side but the different income/wealth levels...

Lower wealth/income republicans complain they will run out of turkeys.

Higher wealth/income republicans complain that their PPP loans aren't getting forgiven because they had to lay off employees due to a giant economic rug pull in their industry. (they can buy all the turkeys they want - not an issue)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ok fair, I just avoid people who say stuff like that. Those conversations are boring and tiring.

I am friends with people of different social strata but mostly the same political persuasions. The conversations vary within the same political side but the different income/wealth levels...

Lower wealth/income republicans complain they will run out of turkeys.

Higher wealth/income republicans complain that their PPP loans aren't getting forgiven because they had to lay off employees due to a giant economic rug pull in their industry. (they can buy all the turkeys they want - not an issue)
Bro. It’s funny.

The several people I have in mind worried about turkeys not being in the store have plenty of money for turkeys. They were worried they weren’t going to get one because the stores “run out.”

They all have enormous levels of Fox News consumption in common.

I figured you had some Fox News addicts saying the same shit when you laughed at it.

Shortage means unavailable, not unaffordable.

Either way, there never is an actual shortage. That’s why it’s funny they worry about it every year.

Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Anyone else sick of being told that “there’s going to be a big turkey shortage this year” when it never happens?

I saw turkeys for 25 cents a pound today.

I went with a Yes Man policy on turkey dinner invites this year as missed last two years and after going to 5 happenings, now I waddle, I can confirm no shortage here in Okie land.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
We don’t have thanksgiving in Australia.

However Black Friday has gone from nothing to the biggest sale of the year in about the last 3 years.

I wonder if big turkey could ever make thanksgiving a thing here.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We don’t have thanksgiving in Australia.

However Black Friday has gone from nothing to the biggest sale of the year in about the last 3 years.

I wonder if big turkey could ever make thanksgiving a thing here.
“Big turkey” is that like “big tech” or “big pharma?”

:rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Bro. It’s funny.

The several people I have in mind worried about turkeys not being in the store have plenty of money for turkeys. They were worried they weren’t going to get one because the stores “run out.”

They all have enormous levels of Fox News consumption in common.

I figured you had some Fox News addicts saying the same shit when you laughed at it.

Shortage means unavailable, not unaffordable.

Either way, there never is an actual shortage. That’s why it’s funny they worry about it every year.
If you’re rich you can just go shoot a turkey on your ranch or your buddy's ranch!

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Would you switch to Android if Apple kicks Twitter off of iPhones? I would. I'm not sure why Apple picked this fight with Elon, but they might be shocked at how many of their users would choose less censorship over more censorship. This seems like a rare misstep by Apple. Google should stay out of it, instead of also banning Twitter, they stand to gain the converts.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Would you switch to Android if Apple kicks Twitter off of iPhones? I would. I'm not sure why Apple picked this fight with Elon, but they might be shocked at how many of their users would choose less censorship over more censorship. This seems like a rare misstep by Apple. Google should stay out of it, instead of also banning Twitter, they stand to gain the converts.
Yeah I don’t even use Twitter, but my next phone wouldn’t be a Bolshevik model. My phone is mine to do with as I please. If a company doesn’t want me doing as I please, I’m not going to give them my money.

I’m not married to a platform, big folding Samsung has my attention already anyway.

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’d love elon to say exactly what they want him to censor. It would very telling I think. I really can’t see anything at this point that should be censored. Especially by apple?? A random tech company.

I have had iPhone since the 5 came out and never ever wanted to change.

I’d never change to google but maybe I’d try a Tesla phone if he released one.

I’d keep my current iPhone because I don’t care that much but I’d never buy another new one.

This is going to sound lame but I was going to buy these balenciaga shoes after hitting a certain sales goal. Hit that goal last week. Will never buy anything from balenciaga. What a week for that to come out.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Side note about the Apple thing…

I also think it is advantageous to continue using a variety of technology as time marches on. I don’t want to be that 60 year old that is afraid to switch because I’ve never used a PC or Mac or iPhone or Android or Tesla (hopefully) or whatever just because I’m afraid to switch.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Side note about the Apple thing…

I also think it is advantageous to continue using a variety of technology as time marches on. I don’t want to be that 60 year old that is afraid to switch because I’ve never used a PC or Mac or iPhone or Android or Tesla (hopefully) or whatever just because I’m afraid to switch.
Get off my lawn!!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nah man, don’t be attached to social medias or any of that stuff. If you have a business that is in twitter or on social media then sure, but don’t get too attached to it
It’s the principle not the desire to use twitter

I’ve never used Twitter in my life and I’d never buy another iPhone if they did this

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
That's exactly what I did - I threw away all my socks and bought a bulk pack of black ankle socks.

Literally the best thing I ever did for my wardrobe. No more matching or sorting or anything - whenever a single sock gets a hole or worn out I just throw it out. When the drawer starts getting "low" I throw them all out and start again. Normally I'd just add to the pile but clothing companies seem to LOVE changing shit every year so even if I buy the exact same brand/item it's just different enough to be annoying.

These days I have zero patience for clothing. I want to be able to grab anything in my drawers or closet and wear it without questioning if it still fits right, looks okay, matches properly, etc. I have about 5% of my closet dedicated to "special occasion" wear and everything else either looks and fits great or gets donated/thrown away.

Troubleshooting my wardrobe isn't something I'm mentally prepared to deal with that early in the morning :p
I do the same thing. I've got suitcase upon suitcase of nice clothes I bought while traveling the world but nothing feels as comfortable as my crappy h and m shirts. Everything else feels like it's actually choking me.

When Steve Jobs did it, it was called "decision fatigue." I just like being comfortable lol. Although maybe there's more to it.

I'm also kind of a germaphobe and will change my shirt a few times a day during hotter weather. Like if I sweat even the smallest amount, lol. It's the same looking shirt though, so no one knows I'm crazy. Well, except for the fact that I look like I always wear the exact same clothes haha. Don't care.
It didn't really start until I was living in sth east asia back in the day and it was always hot as balls. It's so easy though.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It’s the principle not the desire to use twitter

I’ve never used Twitter in my life and I’d never buy another iPhone if they did this
I guess they already did ban Parler for wrongthink a while back as well.

This will probably be my last Apple phone.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Well in the case of influencer marketing platforms the alternative is actually free.

The $1000 platforms are clearly not for startups with no money.

They’re to make it easier for big brands and agencies to manage massive campaigns and 1000s of influencers.

If you’re just starting out you don’t need one at all, just find influencers and dm them.

Such a ridiculous thing to complain about @Xeon, complaining you can’t afford a platform that’s literally not designed for your business.

It’s not stopping you from not being able to do influencer campaigns. Even if you could afford it you can’t afford and would have no need to manage 100s of influencers so the platform is useless anyway.

Too lazy to find and dm them? Hire a VA to do it for you.

Quick guide on how to find influencers:
Go to brand pages in your niche, see who they tag in their posts, go to their tagged photos and see who posts about them.

Tap the down arrow next to the follow button and check the related accounts.

Also I bought Influencify lifetime from appsumo for $80, it’s actually really handy. It’s just a scraper. You can find accounts with a certain word in their bio, certain locations, certain follower counts etc.

Quick guide on how to pick influencers:
Pick them based on the quality of the content and how authentic it is, not follower count.

Use the content in paid ads.

Better to have 10 low follower accounts make an authentic piece of content each you can test on paid. Rather than 1 piece from an influencer with a big following.

You can even get people to create content for you and not share it on their socials, just run it on your paid. Now the influencer doesn’t even need to be in your niche, they just need to be able to make good content.

Like anything in business finding and working with influencers takes work and time, not paying for some magic platform.

Thank you for the value! Here's a kiss for you.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Never understood why are influencer platforms so expensive. F*ck them! These are all just hosting websites and they don't even own the influencers like how Hollywood celebs have their own management companies to manage them.

I'm refering to prices like these: Brand Dashboard

A big fat F*ck you to all these platforms including BazaarVoice and Upfluence.
Want the money? Get it from Elon! No one has high 3 or 4 figures to throw away each month!

I re-tagged this after thinking about this a little more.

You have identified a problem. “Influencer marketing channels charge too much for smaller businesses.”

What is stopping you from starting your own influencer network? It’s a matter of messaging them and offering them a better deal. Do what it takes to be that better deal. Be their errand boy for a while and eventually the influencers will be your errand people.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Finr5enX0AAWBp-

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads