The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Not a single pay rise in 2,5 years. At least I got allowed to work remotely. I knew I was underpaid, but after reading that thread I just feel ridiculous haha. I am on track to speak 6 languages and I earn less than a construction worker. Wake up call :-D

I can't remember if it was a quote or something that someone posted here but it went "I've never given a raise to somebody who's never asked for it."

Not that I think it's good but people still play by those rules sometimes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is that just me or has anyone else noticed they get less spammy PMs on LinkedIn recently?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
PSA: Don't invest in uber. For ubereats and I wouldn't be suprised for normal uber drives they allow you to get a $25 off on your first order coupon. Well using a anonymous like browser that doesn't remember you, you can make multiple uber eats accounts and place as many free ($25 worth of food orders) as you want. Only have to pay $3-$6 deliver fee each time unless its free delivery. Just ordered like $200 in food for $30 after seeing this method on a different forum I'm on in the past few days.

They are throwing money away. I wonder if the restaurants are still making good from this though haha. While I only learned about this, it has been a thing for like a year and a half. Doesn't seem like they have any interest in changing it.
Even worse, there’s people in India who will take the $10 referal fee you get, and refer someone in India. You have to ride over a certain distance to get it. The rides in India are so cheap they pay people just to ride Ubers to get the referal fee for you.

Pay them $50 and they’ll add $150 in referal credit to your Uber account by taking a bunch of trips in India.

I’m not sure if this still works but that’s what fake growth looks like.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Windows 10 is the best damn version of Windows I've used and Windows 11 (haven't installed it yet) looks so beautiful.
I could literally lick the user interface in Win11 just by looking at it. Yummy and hot.

EDIT: I also want to thank Microsoft for coming up with amazing, awesome products like VS Code.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
*Edit* Nevermind, found it. It is part of the search bar so you have to hide the search highlights under right click screen.

How do I turn the Microsoft Agenda display off on my Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of the screen? I don't know where the setting is or what it is called.

View attachment 44051
WOW! I would not have even noticed that, but now it really drives me insane. Look what happens when you open up the search bar. I don't want this on my PC.

I also circled 2010 Word for a fun story. I "own" a copy of 2010 Office, that I purchased back in the day. It works just fine for what I need. I don't see a reason to upgrade my Excel or Word to anything new as there is nothing wrong with them. Well fast forward to a few months ago, I try to install my purchased copy of Office onto my laptop. Everything works fine, I go to activate it with my purchased key, does not work.

I get error messages telling me that my product is too old and can not be activated online, please call the number. The number it tells me to call won't activate it because the product is too old, and there is no way to do it. So, MS took away my ability to use software that I legitimately purchased, and don't need to upgrade. That is the last purchase that I hopefully ever send their way. After hearing about the nightmare that is Windows 11 and the shit they are pulling on that I won't be "upgrading" to it or purchasing it for any of my new builds down the line. I hate Apple software, so I am not sure what I am going to do once MS decides I can no longer run my Windows 10 purchased software and they disable it.

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 9

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I'm curious what you mean by safety measures. Should they deliver pizza in a suitcase with a password only you know?

I'm not sure if that's different in the US but I've never ever seen pizza delivered in anything else than a pizza box anyone can open. Other food is usually in wrapped plastic packaging but not all of it - for example sauces are in small plastic containers anyone can open.

Also, what if they somehow "contaminate" your pizza at the place where you order it from? You never know. Sounds very paranoid.
All you need to do is have a tamper sticker put on the cardboard box. Not hard

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
WOW! I would not have even noticed that, but now it really drives me insane. Look what happens when you open up the search bar. I don't want this on my PC.

I also circled 2010 Word for a fun story. I "own" a copy of 2010 Office, that I purchased back in the day. It works just fine for what I need. I don't see a reason to upgrade my Excel or Word to anything new as there is nothing wrong with them. Well fast forward to a few months ago, I try to install my purchased copy of Office onto my laptop. Everything works fine, I go to activate it with my purchased key, does not work.

I get error messages telling me that my product is too old and can not be activated online, please call the number. The number it tells me to call won't activate it because the product is too old, and there is no way to do it. So, MS took away my ability to use software that I legitimately purchased, and don't need to upgrade. That is the last purchase that I hopefully ever send their way. After hearing about the nightmare that is Windows 11 and the shit they are pulling on that I won't be "upgrading" to it or purchasing it for any of my new builds down the line. I hate Apple software, so I am not sure what I am going to do once MS decides I can no longer run my Windows 10 purchased software and they disable it.
I’ve been using nothing but google docs for years after having this exact same problem, you won’t miss it

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Google Slides is actually even better than MS Powerpoint. Their alignment guides are amazing.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Took over a new client account last night.

No wonder their campaigns aren’t working. They’ve over 500 broad match keywords in one ad group, and of course it’s called “Ad Group #1” (the default).

This is sooo common, and shows a complete misunderstanding of paid search.

Happy to create a thread or video on why people do this if folks are interested. Just let me know.
I would love a video of you demonstrating how to fix this, that's the next thing on my to do list.

I have a campaign with a few exact match and a few broad match terms and I want to split it out and isolate the profitable ones because it's not profitable anymore.

It just seems like such a massive boring job to do and a pain to manage. The total opposite of how you run Facebook where you put everything in 1 campaign and let Facebooks algorithm do the rest.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyya23MPoAI

Holy F*ck this is probably one of the best, if not the best long form video I've ever watched. I may be biased as a climber but damn, it's rare that a video makes me feel as emotional as this one did (mostly scared as F*ck but also inspired how he did it despite being incredibly apprehensive).

It's funny how intense the experience is for Magnus and how chilled out and casual Alex is. It's crazy how people, through enough experience, can get so used to such risky activities.

Magnus has been killing it recently with his videos. I need to finally watch all his previous videos as well.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I would love a video of you demonstrating how to fix this, that's the next thing on my to do list.

I have a campaign with a few exact match and a few broad match terms and I want to split it out and isolate the profitable ones because it's not profitable anymore.

It just seems like such a massive boring job to do and a pain to manage. The total opposite of how you run Facebook where you put everything in 1 campaign and let Facebooks algorithm do the rest.
I default to creating campaigns with one keyword per ad group (literally one keyword, not three different match types of the same phrase).

Name the ad group after the keyword. This helps when you look at all the ad as you’ll know what the keyword is for each ad (by looking at the ad group name).

If I use exact match keywords then I often put them into a separate campaign from phrase match keywords. And then have exact match negatives applied to the phrase match campaign.

Excel or Google Sheets and Google Ads Editor is your friend.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
If you're using a lot of keywords, would you consider a tool like Aori or PPC Kit?

I've seen a free Google Sheets extension for it as well.

I was actually starting to build a competitor, but from my research I didn't think there was a tonne of demand for it anymore. (Other than for affiliate marketers doing paid search).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you're using a lot of keywords, would you consider a tool like Aori or PPC Kit?

I've seen a free Google Sheets extension for it as well.

I was actually starting to build a competitor, but from my research I didn't think there was a tonne of demand for it anymore. (Other than for affiliate marketers doing paid search).
I used to create 40k keywords and ads using Excel. It started slowing down a bit then. Most of the time I don’t need to load anywhere near as much so just use Google Sheets.

I had a look at tools years ago but they can’t beat building your own in a spreadsheet.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
"How do you let go of attachment to things? Don’t even try. It’s impossible. Attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them. In the meantime, just be aware of your attachment to things." (Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth)

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I was looking at a list of the most expensive "NFT art", and the top 10 range from $6M to $90M. I don't see the difference between "buying" this art, and putting $90M in a pile, and lighting it on fire. I can't believe the people with the money had no better use for it. If there is a Depression, the people who bought the NFT, could have had $90M in their pocket. Instead they have a GIF.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I default to creating campaigns with one keyword per ad group (literally one keyword, not three different match types of the same phrase).

Name the ad group after the keyword. This helps when you look at all the ad as you’ll know what the keyword is for each ad (by looking at the ad group name).

If I use exact match keywords then I often put them into a separate campaign from phrase match keywords. And then have exact match negatives applied to the phrase match campaign.

Thanks, this was a huge help

I originally misunderstood and thought I was creating campaigns for each keyword not ad groups, this makes a lot more sense.

I did the 35 key words that have over 2 sales and under a $30cpa over all time like this manually.

I did it this way as I already had the ad built with a heap of title variations and it was easy to adjust each ad slightly as the keywords were all similar and it was only 35 of them. The youtubes I watched made it look like excel is good for if you have a lot of keywords but not for adding a heap of title variations. Maybe I'm wrong.

I also tweaked the extensions, I had site link extensions linking to other products on my store which made sense to me at the time but now I realise made no sense at all, so I switched them all to link to the product related to the keywords.

Let's see if this can bring that ad back into profit.

Next step after this will be creating custom key word focused product pages for the winners/high volume ones.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The youtubes I watched made it look like excel is good for if you have a lot of keywords but not for adding a heap of title variations. Maybe I'm wrong.
Download a campaign from Google Ads Editor and open it in Excel. Strip away columns you don’t need. You’ll see you can upload 15 headlines and 4 descriptions per ad.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Happy FATHERS day to all the FATHERS out there. Enjoy your children, enjoy your wives, enjoy your lives!!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Download a campaign from Google Ads Editor and open it in Excel. Strip away columns you don’t need. You’ll see you can upload 15 headlines and 4 descriptions per ad.

Is there an existing thread these posts can be moved to @Andy Black? Seems on topic with some value, and perhaps, shouldn't be lost in the Random thread.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is there an existing thread these posts can be moved to @Andy Black? Seems on topic with some value, and perhaps, shouldn't be lost in the Random thread.
Maybe we could add it to my Google Ads Braindump thread that’s on the Inside, and then move that into the Speedway? Only problem is I can’t find that thread at the moment!

EDIT: Thanks @Parks for PMing me the link:

EDIT 2: I moved that thread from the Inside to the Speedway.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
nvm, too graphic
It was the video going around where a crazy neighbor ambushes a guy (who had a restraining order) at 5:30am, insisting the guy fight him "Like a man". The guy with the gun gave him like 20 warnings, and was repeatedly backing up. The crazy guy took off his shirt, which revealed he had a knife clipped to his waistband, and then lunged at the defender. The armed guy aimed directly at his head, but switched to center mass at the last second, and shot him in either the gut or leg. The crazy guy then fell down and started screaming. It looked like he would live.

In martial arts, I was taught to never backup, because in a real fight, you could end up "running backwards", which is what the armed guy was doing. If I had a restraining order against a threatening neighbor, and they ambushed me at 5:30am, I would have gave 1 warning, then 2 bullets. An "active shooter" YT channel did a break down of the video, and had like 5 things you were supposed to do before you shot someone legally. I don't think I would have time for that, it would be whatever I had practiced.

If the armed man had tripped, and crazy guy got the gun, it could have been the end of him and his son who was sleeping in the house. There is an older video where a cop pulls over a guy, and warns him to stop leering at him, and the guy rushes the cop, get his gun, and knocks the cop down in to a ditch. They later caught the guy because he had been pulled over on the route he took to work. I guess people are just F'ing crazy. It seems like it is getting more common, but maybe it's just because the internet allows all the crazy stuff to make the news.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
For those of you who did not get vaxinated (or did but had no side effects), you'll be relieved to know that at least some parts of mass media are willing to report the truth.

Vancouver Sun news just came out with this:

A June 7, 2021 email to Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, revealed that a person in the Interior Health region suffered a “severe stroke” after getting the Pfizer vaccine, which was deemed to be “an adverse reaction” to the shot.

“Doctors in B.C. … agree that the vaccine was the catalyst for his stroke. We cannot change this for (name redacted) but investigating this might prevent someone else from suffering the same outcome,” said the email. The sender’s name was removed.
Read more here:

YearnForMe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Nov 9, 2017
Philippines
How about a branded piece of tape? When the pizza is finished, the carton is sealed with tape, kinda like packing tape. One or two strips is all it needs. If the tape is removed, you can tell via the cardboard damage. The solution is quite simple.

Yea, well the media has made it clear that I deserve to be "eaten" and hung in the gallows because I accumulated far too much money in my working life. There are too many morons who follow their lead.
In my country (Philippines), food safety seals are standard with Grab Food delivery services. All food containers (i.e. boxes) themselves are taped up and the bags they are stored in are either taped or stapled. This started happening during the "pandemic" due to food safety concerns.

But recently, this turned out to be super helpful -- couple orders ago, the Grab delivery guy that was to pick up and deliver our food ended up giving me the wrong order (he had multiple stops). He went to go back to his first stop to switch our foods -- the food safety seal showed the other person tampered with the food. F*ck that. Told the dude to keep the food for himself. Reached out to customer support, and they refunded the purchase.

Always thought it was a hassle when opening food before, but I can definitely see this being an opportunity especially in areas where people may still be afraid of the you know what, and want the assurance that the delivery dude, etc. doesn't tamper with the food.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Can any of you recommend durable athletic shoes?

Something between running shoes and hiking shoes. Something that you can move quickly in, but will last a while.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Can any of you recommend durable athletic shoes?

Something between running shoes and hiking shoes. Something that you can move quickly in, but will last a while.
Brooks make good shoes.

Had a pair of Brooks Beast 20 that lasted me over a year and I was putting in a lot of walking miles.

Currently have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 on which I’ve been using for long walks and running on treadmill and they are good, comfortable and durable.

Before this I had a pair of New Balance (that were roughly the same price) and they lasted less than a month.

Edit: Didn’t mean to quote you Antifragile

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Does anyone own any one these sports car ?
Supra
GT-R(skyline?)
AMG GTR
Mustang
Demon/charger/hellcat
Anyone on forum?

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Even worse, there’s people in India who will take the $10 referal fee you get, and refer someone in India. You have to ride over a certain distance to get it. The rides in India are so cheap they pay people just to ride Ubers to get the referal fee for you.

Pay them $50 and they’ll add $150 in referal credit to your Uber account by taking a bunch of trips in India.

I’m not sure if this still works but that’s what fake growth looks like.
I have never used uber but how do you know so much about india?
And what is this referal fee/credit?
Is this the credit you get when you refer uber to your friends and that stuff?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.