The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROGRESS THREAD: GymJunkie (36Pounds.com)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
As was pondering decision to quit on 36Pounds.com and leave it live but don't post anything new, just change some things about it and write an ebook guide for guys I got this email from one guy who said that me and the blog is 100 percent his motivation why he started gaining muscle and that my blog is only one he can relate....maaan...how can I say no to that!!!... shit... I'm not sure I can work on both, 36Pounds.com and new project at the same time... But I see 36Pounds is making impact on the lives of some people, not millions of people (which is my goal in life) but in some people's lives. I'm torn now.. On one hand blog is not making an impact I wanted it to make, but on the other hand it is actually doing something good and worthy...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If helping people building their muscle and make other people's life easier and you are feeling great, stick with that.

It's like doing charity works. You won't see the result right away! Keep the good spirit flow.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Doing a great job brother! I say leave the 36pounds.com how it is and still work on the other project. Its helping people and impacting lives. The more it grows the faster it will grow. Awesome Job!!

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Evaluate the goals of each of the sites.

Is 36 pounds making you an income? If not, can you convert it to making an income somewhere? If yes but not enough, can you find a routine and continue to post regularly but perhaps not as often? Can you let others promote the 36 pound site for you?

If you have found something that is working well as just a feel good site, there is nothing wrong with that as long as you know that is what it is.

As far as your other project... All of the above AND can the new site compliment or be a spin off of the original 36 pound site?

Personally, I like the best of both worlds and unless something is blatantly successful and really moving, I am all for finding a routine to split my time, outsource, combine efforts and learn more in another area.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Terence and Kinsey, thing is I feel like shit leaving blog un-updated... Kinda feel obligated to do it. Although writing an ebook would be good probably, maybe that would give me "completion" feeling...

I love getting such emails! I am contributing to the world! How couldn't I?!?!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

Is 36 pounds making you an income? If not, can you convert it to making an income somewhere? If yes but not enough, can you find a routine and continue to post regularly but perhaps not as often? Can you let others promote the 36 pound site for you?

If you have found something that is working well as just a feel good site, there is nothing wrong with that as long as you know that is what it is.

As far as your other project... All of the above AND can the new site compliment or be a spin off of the original 36 pound site?

Personally, I like the best of both worlds and unless something is blatantly successful and really moving, I am all for finding a routine to split my time, outsource, combine efforts and learn more in another area.

Original goal was to monetize while creating lots of value for skinny guys and helping them (help transform 1000 guys' lives). Now it's feel good site, which lets me make a difference and help people. Don't really care if I make money...

Speed+ for you for suggestion and advice!

I don't think my new project could be a spin off of 36Pounds since its for wider audience and for bigger impact.. but I'm definitely NOT taking 36Pounds.com down. It's gonna be live as long as people visit it..

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
That being the case, I would find a monitization to support that site's cost, get guest contributors to add content and you add your ebook and maybe a weekly article or topic. Continue it but let others do it for you. Have the happy guy write a progress report each week and which article of your on the site inspired him the most that week. What did he learn. Write some easy $7 reports and then sell them on the site AND give them to people who contribute to the site. Hold a monthly challenge (gain "x" amount of pounds) send proof with photo of scale to your email, all entries into a drawing for some report or small useful appropriate gift.

So...
Post monthly challenge and requirements (first post for the month).
Collect entries via email on site (be sure to collect names and emails for your mailing list)
Post results (second article for the month)
Guest Writer (anyone who has benefited from the site - one a month) to write about an article you posted and how it effected them personally - third article for the month)
One $7 report per month (sell on the site and hold other interactive participations on the site to give one away each month)
Spin the report for the last post of the month.

You now have weekly postings and interaction, and list building, etc.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
That being the case, I would find a monitization to support that site's cost, get guest contributors to add content and you add your ebook and maybe a weekly article or topic. Continue it but let others do it for you. Have the happy guy write a progress report each week and which article of your on the site inspired him the most that week. What did he learn. Write some easy $7 reports and then sell them on the site AND give them to people who contribute to the site. Hold a monthly challenge (gain "x" amount of pounds) send proof with photo of scale to your email, all entries into a drawing for some report or small useful appropriate gift.

So...
Collect entries via email on site (be sure to collect names and emails for your mailing list)
Guest Writer (anyone who has benefited from the site - one a month) to write about an article you posted and how it effected them personally - third article for the month)
One $7 report per month (sell on the site and hold other interactive participations on the site to give one away each month)

Veeery interesting plan. Gotta think about it and how I could implement something like it. Thanx a million! :hl: You rock!:icon_super:

I will have to come up with some kind of plan, I have come up with some already though they don't motivate me.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007

Excellent thought provoking questions Kerry! Speed++

So...

You are on a roll tonight! Excellent suggestions!

Would someone please Rep+ Wildambitions for me? Apparently I can't rep her two times in a row, but these two posts definitely deserve it!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Excellent thought provoking questions Kerry! Speed++

You are on a roll tonight! Excellent suggestions!

Would someone please Rep+ Wildambitions for me? Apparently I can't rep her two times in a row, but these two posts definitely deserve it!

She's incredible! I repped her for both posts! But that's the least I can do... She is huge help!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Ok, it's been more than 9 months since I launched the blog. Time to see how it did in this time:

Visits: 30890
Unique visits: 24511
Pageviews: 78437
Avg. pageviews: 2,54
Time on Site: 2:54
Bounce rate: 61,07
Returning visits: 20,69 percent
Returning visitors: 6327
Visits per day: 111,92

Wow...30 000 visits.. more than 6000 returning visitors and more than 1000 of them have visited 15+ times.. cool!
Direct traffic still leads the sources but Google and StumbleUpon are catching up. I had great surge of traffic from SU recent weeks (Weeks, not days!!!! one day it was more than 800 visits.. and then it kept sending from visits, still does even though not as much).

I got into first page in Google search for term "Skinny to buff"...nice, although I thought it would send more traffic, looks like it is an average keyword..

I have to say I'm happy. Even lots of blogs do better, I think I have done ok! It's a learning experience..

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
That's great, you've got patience.

I don't do blogs because it takes way too long to build up traffic :( lol

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I don't do blogs because it takes way too long to build up traffic :( lol

Oh yeah..takes long. Some do better though! But hell, this is the most I have done to help people and build something, some Legacy..

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, it's been more than 9 months since I launched the blog. Time to see how it did in this time:

Visits: 30890
Unique visits: 24511
Pageviews: 78437
Avg. pageviews: 2,54
Time on Site: 2:54
Bounce rate: 61,07
Returning visits: 20,69 percent
Returning visitors: 6327
Visits per day: 111,92

Wow...30 000 visits.. more than 6000 returning visitors and more than 1000 of them have visited 15+ times.. cool!
Direct traffic still leads the sources but Google and StumbleUpon are catching up. I had great surge of traffic from SU recent weeks (Weeks, not days!!!! one day it was more than 800 visits.. and then it kept sending from visits, still does even though not as much).

I got into first page in Google search for term "Skinny to buff"...nice, although I thought it would send more traffic, looks like it is an average keyword..

I have to say I'm happy. Even lots of blogs do better, I think I have done ok! It's a learning experience..

Congratulation on your progress.

Just one comment on StumbleUpOn. In my past experience, StumbleUpOn doesn't create quality and targeted traffic. Especially, it will destroy your PPC revenue. Most StumbleUpOn user only read one page and never click on Ad. So generate very low click through rate.

So if you are going to put PPC ad on your blog, don't use StumbleUpOn.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Congratulation on your progress.

Just one comment on StumbleUpOn. In my past experience, StumbleUpOn doesn't create quality and targeted traffic. Especially, it will destroy your PPC revenue. Most StumbleUpOn user only read one page and never click on Ad. So generate very low click through rate.

So if you are going to put PPC ad on your blog, don't use StumbleUpOn.

Nah, I wont use it either way. I'm just glad that some of my content gets liked by people. I got more than 2400 visits from SU last 30 days... Some people seem to come back, although not all of them! :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
That's it...I decided to promote Vince Del Monte's stuff on the blog from now on. I will start selling his ebook and this will be my shot at making affiliate income online.

I also will write a review for one fitness website and they should pay me 50 bucks for it. I will write an honest review, it is a good idea they have there, not a bad content too.

Busy day today..

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I wrote a review about Vince Delmonte's ebook which is currently best sold ebook in this niche probably. Posted it on the blog and put affiliate link there. Will see how it goes. I hope it works. Will put more work in promoting it though. I will add banners on some posts, to get more views and hopefully more sales!

My affiliate challenge starts now...

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
Haven't went over the last few pages, but why aren't you creating you're own e-book? Or supplements...? :fastlane:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Haven't went over the last few pages, but why aren't you creating you're own e-book? Or supplements...? :fastlane:
Don't think I have enough credentials to do that! And I have new idea which I love and which can make bigger impact :)

I want to make this blog my hobby now and just get some passive income from it so it would be additional money ;)

Good ideas! But not for me now ;)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Decided to look at some stats from month to month out of curiosity:

April 14th- May 14th: 2240 visits
May 14th - June 14th: 4262 visits
June 14th - July 14th: 4289 visits
July 14th - August 14th: 4006 visits
August 14th - September 14th: 3107 visits
Sept 14th - October 14th: 2611 visits
Oct 14th - November 14th: 2355 visits
Nov 14th - December 14th: 3767 visits
Dec 14th - January 14th: 5467 visits
January 14th - February 9th: 2989 visits

Total: 33659 visits
7006 Returning Visits
2,52 Pageviews per visit
2:48 min Time on Site
61,52 percent Bounce Rate

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Now the blog is 10 months old... wow.. a year anniversary quite soon!! :)

Email subscriber count has climbed to 101 today. Cool! First triple digit number!

And another visitor left a comment on the blog saying that he gained 18-19 lbs since July by using my advice! Another life changed a bit by my effort!! I contacted him to do an interview and hopefully he will agree to do it. It would be another success story of 36Pounds.com :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Another guy contacted me about how my blog helped him transform his body and did an email interview with him to share his story. Now I will post it on the blog and hope it will inspire visitors to succeed.

Also made a first affiliate sale through the blog (52 bucks!).. and then guy did a refund... :D Crap.. I was so happy when I first saw the sale but only later on a saw refund. So I have yet to make a sale for real.. :)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
36Pounds.com should be able to hit 40 000 visits in it's first year. The anniversary comes on 14th of April, visitor count at 37504 now...

Google traffic surpassed Direct traffic in total now and seems to keep growing.

Gotta do renewal of blog and change some things on it to make it fresher.. But I'm tired of all these web projects that I don't know when I will do it.. I was so pissed off yesterday I decided to start another blog and only sell affiliate stuff there to make money off of it. Will try to force myself to do it...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Did a small update on a blog and it's first post that everyone sees. Changed intro message, added some more links to it to posts and hope that this will help improve the Bounce Rate.

Still have to update About page and make a decision on an ecourse or membership site that I will sell on the blog. Time for me to have a product!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Starting an experiment... for a month of April I will a banner promoting Ebook for gaining muscle which sells well for others already instead of AdSense. Making even one sale would be more productive than AdSense since I'd get 52 bucks for a sale. Hope this will work out and I will see small monetization from this blog (pretty much all I need now, a small income for starters). :)

Keeping fingers crossed!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Good-luck, how did you setup the banner contract?

It's just a simple affiliate link mate ;) Went to the sellers website, signed up as affiliate and got a link and some resources to promote. That's it, all automated and I get like 75 percent of sale (all affiliates get that much)...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.