The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROGRESS - Online Product & Coaching

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lee_S

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 13, 2014
Hey everyone,

I am pretty new here and haven't posted much or offered much value around the forum before, but here goes my first "real" venture, and the progress to getting where I am now has been pretty long. I hope to gain some valuable insight from people who have been there, done that.

I'm not going to disclose exactly what my business is, but I will say that it is in the self-help niche and it is an online course and book that I have developed over the past year, as well as back end sales consisting of coaching (which I know isn't fastlane, but it is something I absolutely love doing!). I have been involved in this industry since a young age and it has literally changed my life, more than you could imagine, but I'm not going to get into that.

As for business experience, I am experienced with Facebook ads and I have done a bit of affiliate marketing, with mixed results, however I am learning all the time and the only way to learn here is to go out and do it. So, I hope you find my progress interesting and I hope you can all offer me advice and guidelines.

My product and course sells for $99, which is pretty cheap compared to my competitors and my goals are:

• My primary goal is to help people (I believe that my product is a gap in the market and is really something that is not available elsewhere)
  • I want to be earning $10,000 per month profit
  • I am finishing up university soon, I want to be able to continue on my own business, without having to get a job
  • I want to learn how to successfully utilise a wide variety of paid advertising

My sales funnel:
  • I am a decent writer, so I did my own copywriting after a lot of research and I will be tweaking it due to results
  • I have a pop up offering a free 7 day course when you land on the site, this will activate my Aweber auto-responder
  • After purchase of the product the consumer enters a new list, which pitches my coaching programs, as well as up-sells straight after the purchase
  • I have a third party shopping cart, as well as a merchant account to accept payments

Where I am now:

Currently, I have just setup Facebook ads, as that is all I am experienced with. I am now considering whether to try of PPV ads or media buying. I don't want to overload myself too much at once, so I want to learn and master one avenue at a time before moving on to the next. It would be great is somebody could shed some light on what ad networks they would recommend to advertise my product/service and what type of ads would be best?

Any other advice or questions, I will be happy to answer!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like your primary goal being to help others.

Smart to try and master one lead generation method first rather than spread yourself too thin.

I'm biased :) ... so would recommend looking at paid search. Is there anyone actively searching for what you're selling? And who is selling to them currently? Rule out paid search first imo...

Lee_S

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 13, 2014
I like your primary goal being to help others.

Smart to try and master one lead generation method first rather than spread yourself too thin.

I'm biased :) ... so would recommend looking at paid search. Is there anyone actively searching for what you're selling? And who is selling to them currently? Rule out paid search first imo...

Thanks a lot for the help. I have started off with an extremely small budget within Facebook advertising, as I have a lot of knowledge around this, however this knowledge enables me to understand how difficult it is to get people to purchase this sort of product direct from Facebook, so I am using this as a list building tool.

I have only had 31 clicks so far, so I can't really judge anything off that, but I haven't even had a single email sign up via my email pop-up. I'm going to leave it a bit to see how it does.

I have a reasonable starting budget for marketing (I presume), which is $3,500, but I don't want to waste this by any means and my aim is to be careful and gradually build up sales.

Do you have any idea what sort of conversion rate I should be expecting for an email pop-up?

Cheers,
Lee.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!