The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Product And Service Ideas For An Aging Population.

Idea threads

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Wondering if anyone has considered creating products for the elderly. I don't know how many people know this, but by 2020 we're scheduled to see old people outnumber children for the first time in history.

This is happening due to the many advances in modern technologies and medicines (you can read about some of these in my longevity thread here).

At first older generations will simply live longer. This is already happening. So it's a great time to be thinking about how you'll improve the comfort and enjoyment of those extended later years.

Eventually, as some of the more devastating illnesses and diseases of old age are cured, we'll start to find new ways to restore and maintain youthful bodies (much as we do with classic cars). This will cause a huge fluctuation in the available pool of people to sell to, and the kind of stuff they'll buy.

Rebuild-your-Old-Vehicles-with-Replacement-Auto-Parts.jpg

Imagine what a 90 year old today would be interested in having or doing if he had the body of a 60 or 40 or 20 year old? How would that change his experience of the world? What products and services might he want or need?

There's an entirely new market beginning to emerge. Entire generations of people will suddenly have a lifetime of experience, 401ks, and the physical capability to enjoy that life more than was possible not long ago.

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there for anyone who's looking for ideas. Whether it's a service business, ecommerce, SAAS, the future is upon us and those who position themselves properly will profit.

I'm 30 right now, and I can tell you if my body was 20 I'd be running, and jumping, and racing, and staying out later a lot more.

If I were 90 and my body were suddenly 20, well, you get the picture...

2644fd82256271c655107b3bf1909e4d.jpg

But you don't have to create products for 90 year old's in a 20 year old's body. Before that happens, we'll just see 90 year old's living longer in 90 year old bodies.

This is where the world is right now. The picture above is where the world might be in another 10-15 years. We're much closer to age reversal than most people realize. But you can research that on your own.

The point is, it's time to start thinking about this market and how they might be best served.

:)

Feel free to share your thoughts about products or services older generations might want or need. It would be great to open up discussion on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

justonemore

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 19, 2017
NewYork
Good thread.

Related to this, a lot of people who have plans to pass down money to their kids. Realize if you end up in a nursing home, it will cost you around $120,000/year and the best insurance in the world covers 0% of it. There are ways to protect yourself against this, there's speciality lawyers who can help you out if you act in advance(5-7 years in advance).

Also, just my random 2 cents. I see these old people advertised who are jacked and on steroids/HGH. I wonder what their insides look like. Like what percent are their arteries blocked?
I would think the healthier image of an old person would be someone who's skinny with running shoes on.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Also, just my random 2 cents. I see these old people advertised who are jacked and on steroids/HGH. I wonder what their insides look like. Like what percent are their arteries blocked?
I would think the healthier image of an old person would be someone who's skinny with running shoes on.

How do you know they are on steroids/HGH? That's an assumption based on ?? The idea of an older person being skinny with running shoes on could just as much be a doctored image. We're not talking about advertising in this thread. The purpose is to discuss solutions for an aging population who is currently living longer and will soon be living in younger, healthier bodies.

The image posted above suggests the idea of an older person in a 20 year old's body.

There are currently multiple approaches to longevity and life extension in regards to health and fitness. One approach involves caloric restriction and limited low-intensity exercise, which leads to a very thin and fragile looking frame. Another approach involves specific types of weight lifting and high-intensity workouts, sometimes combined with intermittent fasting that leads to a more muscular frame.

On a similar note, neuro-scientists are now beginning to discover the many advantages of brain plasticity which is proving that it may not matter which approach one takes, but rather that we can live longer and healthier currently by creating new neurons and extending the life of others through any kind of exercise as well as a process of lifelong learning.

In the end it doesn't matter what anyone "thinks" a healthier image of a person would look like. What matters is results, but that's for another thread another time.

When I get back from the store I'll post some thoughts on areas I think entrepreneurs could potentially create thriving businesses by solving the needs of an aging population.

;)

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.