The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! Longevity Resources & Websites

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 3, 2018
Dropping these here
Disclaimer: This is an ADVERTISEMENT
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yJhA4RXKc

Is anyone here going to buy NAD+?
I remember NAD+ when learning how your cells metabolize alcohol causing loss of glucose synthesis

Meaning when you drink alcohol it turns into poison but chemically in the process you can't process glucose causing low blood sugar.

You cells have these things call Mitochondria(which are really ancient bacteria). They're the powerhouses of your cells. When you drink alcohol, it goes through the Krebs cycle of cellular respiration. The mitochondria processes alcohol dehydrogenase(an enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of ethanol) into acetaldehyde(a poison). A byproduct is NAD+ which halts glucose synthesis.

Remember everything is either transformed or transferred into something else. Everything in nature is recycled.

I'm Type 1`Diabetic. my Endocrinologist tells me horror stories all the time of diabetics dying in their sleep from drinking alcohol.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
News on the First Human Telomere Lengthening Trials with Bill Andrews and Jeff Mathis

In this video, host Sarah Westall interviews Dr. Bill Andrews (remember him from the OP?) and Dr. Jeff Mathis about where they stand with their telomere lengthening research. Clearly aging (in humans) wasn't cured within one year as with his original prediction; however, human trials are set to begin this month or next month. I've highlighted some other key points below since the video is 46 minutes.

Some takeaways I thought were worth summarizing:
  • Tests on mice made them younger in "every conceivable way"
  • The same was true for tests on human cells in human skin on mice
  • The telomere gene therapy is now moving to human trials
  • Human trials beginning in May or June
  • Cost is very expensive for the testing - $700k+ per person
  • Will take around six weeks between each human trial and will treat 4-5 patients in first 6 months
  • Two years ago "this couldn't even have been attempted. The technology just wasn't far enough along" - 14:51
  • Moving straight to human trials to target Alzheimer's which has no current cure
  • They have celebrities and high-profile clients signed up for testing after initial human safety trials succeed
  • The first 2 trials are safety trials. Once they pass those they can move to a round of 30 patients.
  • It is a "pay to play" model currently. They can't take volunteers due to being a small biotech startup. They just don't have the cash. It does seem worth it for those with alzheimers and a lot of money.
  • "The rich are going to save the poor" - Bill Andrews describes how the first trials being fueled by the wealthy and initial profits will drive research to create a mass market drug at affordable prices.
  • There are multiple aspects of aging that have to be treated. The most important is telomeres, but the other aspects are important as well

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2016
If anyone of you are not working out that is the number one thing you can do for health imo.

This is the third time I've fallen off the wagon a bit since I started a few years ago but I'm getting back to it regularly now and I feel so much better.

This is the 2nd or third time that a predictable pattern has happened. Every time I haven't squatted heavy for a certain time and I come back to it, I get sick after my first big work out.

Why is this? The demand exercise places on the body is HARD, especially compound lifts. But the benefit you gain when you regularly do these is that your body responds by becoming stronger and more resistant to disease, inside and out. I feel like a superman every time I crush a hard workout once I'm on the path regularly, and it gives me so much energy, power, clear thought, determination, and peace of mind.

The 2nd best thing is to be hungry every once in a while, this clears away a lot of junk in the body that can build up if your nutrition is always met by food every few hours.

The vast majority of general health problems that afflict the general population like heart disease, most cancers, etc are fixed by doing just these two.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Heres an interesting new pharma

Just had positive phase 3 results (seeking fda approval)

Its for a rare degenerative nerve disease (runs in my family)

Heres the kicker though ill ELI5 how this drug works. Its telling the dna in your cells mitochondria (the cells power house) to create more proteins associated with antioxidant activity while simultaneously telling it to stop producing proteins that are inflammatory.

So instead of taking vitamin c and tumeric and receiving anti oxidant and anti inflammatory effects endogenously (from outside the body) , its forcing the activity upstream right at the cellular powerhouse.

The fact that a medicine exists to do this , is proven and is seeking fda approval is nothing short of a medical technology hail mary.

The amount of associated discoveries and followup drugs and supplements that will be available now that a drug pathway to get this to work has been validated is nothing short of stunning.

Were a real step , a real empirically tested scientifically sound step closer to an honest to god anti aging pill. If you can modify the pathway for a few proteins coding information with this precision it opens up just entire avenues that were science fiction not ten years ago.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground

Ageing in humans reversed with hyperbaric oxygen therapy​

Scientists, led by Yafit Hachmo, from the Research and Development Unit, Shamir Medical Center, Tzrifin, Israel, turned back the human clock for 35 adults aged 64 and older by reversing two key areas of the body thought responsible for the frailty and ill-health that comes with growing older. Protective caps at the ends of chromosomes, known as telomeres, shorten, causing DNA to become damaged and cells to stop replicating as people age. At the same time, senescent cells build up in the body, preventing regeneration.

Increasing telomere length and getting rid of senescent cells is the focus of anti-ageing research, with drugs being developed to target those areas, The Telegraph reported.

The 35 patients were repeatedly given pure oxygen in a hyperbaric chamber, which increased the length of their telomeres by 20%, a feat that has never been achieved before.

Scientists said the growth may mean that the telomeres of trial participants were now as long as they had been 25 years earlier.

The therapy also reduced senescent cells by up to 37%, enabling new healthy cells to regrow
. Animal studies have shown that removing senescent cells extends remaining life by more than 33%.

This may be a solid business idea for someone in the near future.

Last edited:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

Ageing in humans reversed with hyperbaric oxygen therapy​

This may be a solid business idea for someone in the near future.

Tony Robbins did a long hyperbaric treatment for his spine and mercury poison at one point (iirc he went to australia for it)

I wonder what the margins on a fancy health spa are?

Seems like something that wouldn't scale well since youd need the boujie customer base.

Seeker

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
tl;dr: Has anybody a good and trustworthy source for NMN?

After reading David Sinclairs Lifespan book I'm very tempted to try NMN. If you are interested in what the author takes today, this website provides a good write-up with sources:
David Sinclair Supplements - What He Takes & Where to Buy - NMN, Resveratrol & Metformin

Unfortunately it seems to be very difficult to find a good source that meets my demands:
- capsule form
- third party tested for purity AND absence of heavy metals
- micronized for better bio avialability
- under 4$ / gramm
- trustworthy manufacturer

I now spent more than 5 hours trying to find that. Haven't found it on Amazon. Many other sites google offers seem to be shady or too expensive. effePharm from Shanghai seemed promising. But after a quick research it turned out, that the building on their website was just a stock photo and is not to be found on google maps sattelite pictures. That is not trustworthy to me. Nadiol doesn't seem to test for heavy metals and is not mentioned if it's micronized (so I assume it's not - still wating for a reply from customer service). Some german webshops are so laughably bad that I consider making a better one myself.

@Lex DeVille @LifeTransformer
So if you take NMN, where did you get yours from?

And did you test the results using a horvard clock analysis?

Last edited:

Seeker

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
There is also a pretty interesting critical article about David Sinclair. Especially the part that over the years there were several studies that could not be replicated by other scientists/labs.

Has Harvard's David Sinclair Found the Fountain of Youth?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers