The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pro Bodybuilder working for free

G

Guest34764

My favorite thing about fitness is that you can't bulls**t your way through it. You can't smooth talk people into believing that you are fit. Unless you are Richard Simmons, of course.

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk

Well you can roid if you wanted to bullshit your way through it.I think you're natty from what i can tell.You look good mate,nice to see some fellow body-builders and fitness people on here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Well you can roid if you wanted to bullshit your way through it.I think you're natty from what i can tell.You look good mate,nice to see some fellow body-builders and fitness people on here.
I don't really want to get into it, but people use steroids for 2 reasons. First is to skip the process and second is to reach places their natural potential won't allow them to go. The vast majority of (young) users fall in the first category and eventually lose all their progress when they stop, so in the long run, they cannot fake true Fitness.

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
Hi Fred!

Nice thread, it's good to have you on the forum. You definitely have some authority to talk about fitness and bodybuilding.

Can you please let me know what do you mean by fitness model? Do you mean a muscular, mainly male model?

Or do you mean in a sense of FIT-ness: so that health body, healthy levels of bodyfat, blood lipids, bodyweight, elasticity, cardio etc?

In my experience - both personal and professional - it is really possible to achieve the latter within months (like 3-4 or more in normal situations), but I have no idea how it is possible to gain significant amount of muscle in a relatively short time. Those who I know and achieved something significant have spent years or used steroids. But I admit that I haven't done deep research in bodybuilding.

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
Welcome to the Forum Fred. I just recently purchased a used bench setup and started All Pro's routine (from BB). Although my goals are modest compared to your results, I am exited about the prospect of a body transformation by next year. My current physique is a great starting point for this as I'm not overweight, but average tall build. My challenge will be bulking since I'm not accustomed to eating such large amounts of food everyday.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Great man, keep it up. Message me of you have questions.
Welcome to the Forum Fred. I just recently purchased a used bench setup and started All Pro's routine (from BB). Although my goals are modest compared to your results, I am exited about the prospect of a body transformation by next year. My current physique is a great starting point for this as I'm not overweight, but average tall build. My challenge will be bulking since I'm not accustomed to eating such large amounts of food everyday.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Hi Fred!

Nice thread, it's good to have you on the forum. You definitely have some authority to talk about fitness and bodybuilding.

Can you please let me know what do you mean by fitness model? Do you mean a muscular, mainly male model?

Or do you mean in a sense of FIT-ness: so that health body, healthy levels of bodyfat, blood lipids, bodyweight, elasticity, cardio etc?

In my experience - both personal and professional - it is really possible to achieve the latter within months (like 3-4 or more in normal situations), but I have no idea how it is possible to gain significant amount of muscle in a relatively short time. Those who I know and achieved something significant have spent years or used steroids. But I admit that I haven't done deep research in bodybuilding.
I'm not sure ton understand your question

Unfettered

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Dec 25, 2014

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015
A lot of people use "Brad Pitt in fight club" as a sort of fitness model example, fairly muscular, ripped but not huge...

D

Deleted35442

Yes. I started with the good old "do what you love " and as my knowledge of business improved I fixed my business model. My company currently has 4 branches and all of them respect the CENTS.

Good stuff @Fred Chevry I can also attest to rapid physique transformation without the use of steroids. Most hardcore Fastlaners that put in the work at 14+ hours a day would have to have the dedication of a monk though. @Unfettered sounds like he just likes hearing the sound of his own voice and got butthurt over his "Six Pack Shortcuts" package not working out.

One of my FAVORITE websites (even over bodybuilding.com) is http://www.simplyshredded.com these interviews with male physique models and bodybuilders are priceless. They lay out diets, routines, supplements, everything. Stuff they probably paid trainers thousands of dollars for to get it and it's all right there for the taking.

To get there fast, you need to cook/eat multiple times a day, lift at least 5 times a week, load up on good supplements, drink a gallon plus of water a day. That's discipline. I was doing all this on top of my job out of college then stopped when I quit and spent all my time focusing on my Fastlane biz. Would like to keep in touch, PM your Skype or something. Interested to see what your plans are going forward. Cheers.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
It is amazing how fast the body can change when you want it to.

It is amazing how fast anything in life, positively or negatively, can change when you put your mind to it!

Glad to have you on board.

Unfettered

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Dec 25, 2014
Good stuff @Fred Chevry
@Unfettered sounds like he just likes hearing the sound of his own voice

True

and got butthurt over his "Six Pack Shortcuts" package not working out.

Stop projecting buddy.
I've always had visible abs just because I'm naturally slim, which I'm not even particularly proud of, no-one deserves a medal for not eating like a cow.

It's not about being right, it's about getting to the bottom of things. OPie still hasn't explained what he meant by:

"I only define myself as such, because slow laners and side walkers get very confused when I tell them what I really do."

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
True

Stop projecting buddy.
I've always had visible abs just because I'm naturally slim, which I'm not even particularly proud of, no-one deserves a medal for not eating like a cow.

It's not about being right, it's about getting to the bottom of things. OPie still hasn't explained what he meant by:

"I only define myself as such, because slow laners and side walkers get very confused when I tell them what I really do."
I'm going to suggest something to you that I hope you take to heart. It is something that is taught on this forum, and can dramatically change the course of your life if you let it.

I grew up hearing the saying, 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.' I'm going to change that a little and apply it to what you've said to Fred so far:

"If you can't add value to a person's life with the words you're about to speak, its best not to say anything."

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your posts and possibly getting some good advice along the way. I'm a former athlete who fell way out of shape and am currently working on getting back into shape.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
@Fred Chevry

Welcome to the forum and thanks for offering up fitness advice. Don't worry about the negative crybabies, stick around Man this forum is a phenominal and positive resource. And also, congratulations on your bodybuilding success.

Since you're taking questions, I have a few about cutting:

1. What % of caloric defecit (without factoring in cardio yet) do you generally recommend to start out? Ex. My maintenance (incl lifting expenditure) cals = about 2900
2. What kind of fat loss rate do you think is wise to not sacrifice much muscle? Pound a week? Less?
3. What's your take on cheat meal(s) and/or refeeds? What have you found to be a reasonable allowance?
4. What type of cardio do you recommend? Hiit, long slow distance? A mix of both?

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
1)if we're taking about a bodybuilding cut and not a weight loss. I'd have you stick with 2900, lower the carbs and up the protein for about a month. You will not lose on the scale, but your body composition will start changing. Then I'd have you reduce calories by slices of 100 and increase cardio. Cardio vs Food will vary depending on how much your metabolism allows you to eat.

2) If done properly, one pound per week won't affect your muscle mass. More than that I is generally a weight loss and not a cut!

3) cheat meals and re feeds. It works, when used at the right time and for the right reason when cutting. If you're building mass, you can just play with macros and get away with pretty much anything without consequences. I also take the psychological factor into account when giving cheats to people. I prefer reducing your calories during the week and allowing you a cheat if it can keep you focused and prevent you from giving up. In summary, it really depends on the client and his/progress.

4)both. If you need to do more than 30 minutes of hiit, I would add steady pace after since your hiit won't be so intense after the first half hour. People don't seem to lose faster on hiit, but it always stays hard compared to steady pace which seems to get easier as you do it.

Last edited:

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
1)if we're taking about a bodybuilding cut and not a weight loss. I'd have you stick with 2900, lower the carbs and up the protein for about a month. You will not lose on the scale, but your body composition will start changing. Then I'd have you reduce calories by slices of 100 and increase cardio. Cardio vs Food will vary depending on how much your metabolism allows you to eat.

2) If done properly, one pound per week won't affect your muscle mass. More than that I is generally a weight loss and not a cut!

3) cheat meals and re feeds. It works, when used at the right time and for the right reason when cutting. If you're building mass, you can just play with macros and get away with pretty much anything without consequences. I also take the psychological factor into account when giving cheats to people. I prefer reducing your calories during the week and allowing you a cheat if it can keep you focused and prevent you from giving up. In summary, it really depends on the client and his/progress.

4)both. If you need to do more than 30 minutes of hiit, I would add steady pace after since your hiit won't be so intense after the first half hour. People don't seem to lose faster on hiit, but it always stays hard compared to steady pace which seems to get easier as you do it.

Excellent sounds good. Thanks & rep transferred.

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
"I can make anyone a millionaire in mere months and I like to do it for free!"

Hmmm does that smack of bullshit to anyone here who knows what it really takes?..

Sometimes, people who know what it takes don't like it when others lie or otherwise misrepresent the case and/or the truth. Often that sounds like negativity, but really, the lie was the negative comment and exposing was a service.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
"I can make anyone a millionaire in mere months and I like to do it for free!"

Hmmm does that smack of bullshit to anyone here who knows what it really takes?..

Sometimes, people who know what it takes don't like it when others lie or otherwise misrepresent the case and/or the truth. Often that sounds like negativity, but really, the lie was the negative comment and exposing was a service.

If he said he'd make anyone look like a huge bodybuilder in months then I'd agree that it's probably bullshit, but the 'fitness model' look is really just having abs and being lean and healthy looking. That is mostly a matter of fatloss and being lightly to moderately muscled, and that can definitely be done in months.

Many people have enough natural muscle underneath the fat to look like that from just leaning out over a matter of months. He's not bullshitting I can guarantee you that.

What do you think most fitness programs are? 12 - 16 week fatloss/fitness plans.

They work if you do them properly.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
If he said he'd make anyone look like a huge bodybuilder in months then I'd agree that it's probably bullshit, but the 'fitness model' look is really just having abs and being lean and healthy looking. That is mostly a matter of fatloss and being lightly to moderately muscled, and that can definitely be done in months.

Many people have enough natural muscle underneath the fat to look like that from just leaning out over a matter of months. He's not bullshitting I can guarantee you that.

What do you think most fitness programs are? 12 - 16 week fatloss/fitness plans.

They work if you do them properly.
You read my mind

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ever seen a modern movie? Like any movie at all. Most actors these days change their bodies to look a certain way for that role.

They do it in a couple months, not years.

It is mindset and dedication. If you have a poor attitude of course it won't work. If keeping a roof over your head means looking a certain way in 2 months, you have a ton of motivation (in the case of actors).

Same goes for most things if life. If you say that it can not be done then you are 100% correct, you never will be able to do it.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
nice musclesz, man...

Arms and beard are bigger than mine :(

Is your biz in the fitness industry as well?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
The fallacy fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs when it is claimed that if an argument contains a logical fallacy, the proposition it was used to support is wrong.

The process of getting ripped and becoming a millionaire is very different.

You won that exchange. :tiphat:

"What does bodybuilding have to do with it?"

Hilarious.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
@Fred Chevry welcome to the forum. Looks like you've caused quite a stir already :D

I have a quick question for you if you don't mind.

Do you have any advice on healthy snacking?
I seem to be a bit of a ‘grazer’, needing something often between meals.

I try to go with a banana or nuts, though more often than not I’ll grab a muffin or a ‘breakfast bar’. Mid afternoon is the worst at work, especially if I’m bored and the vending machines are in sight. Also probably drink too much tea and coffee.

Appreciate the advice, let me know if I can offer you some help with anything!

Unfettered

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Dec 25, 2014
Ever seen a modern movie? Like any movie at all. Most actors these days change their bodies to look a certain way for that role.

They do it in a couple months, not years.

It is mindset and dedication. If you have a poor attitude of course it won't work. If keeping a roof over your head means looking a certain way in 2 months, you have a ton of motivation (in the case of actors).

Same goes for most things if life. If you say that it can not be done then you are 100% correct, you never will be able to do it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IYA2t

Wishful thinking. You just brought up a VERY bad example. Hollywood actors juice, train under supervision of numerous personal trainers, using training regimens that make the buffest guy at your gym scratch their heads, and are under a heavy medical eye throughout the process.

Such extreme changes so fast are certainly not healthy. Doctors are just there to make sure they don't kick the bucket during it.

Furthermore, I dare say the correlation between a "fastlane/process oriented mindset" and people who dedicate themselves to physical fitness is extremely weak at best. Tons of lowlifes in the gym who don't have any other aspirations beside smashing girls and hanging with the bros.
A typical guy doesn't start going to gym to get healthy. They either want more female attention or to look dangerous to other guys. Their ambitions ends there.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Welcome to the forum.

We have seen a ton of fitness people here, and most of them seem dubious. That's why some folks here seem skeptical at first.

As humans, we tend to relate every new experience to our old ones. Just some survival habits ingrained in our psychology.

I think you're one of the actually legit people. If you've built that impressive bod up in a matter of months without roids or other freaky shit, I bet you got a lot of advice worth following.

I'm gonna take advantage of your offer of free advice :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...