• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

working for free!

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by lobster, Mar 18, 2008.

1. lobster

lobster New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    does anyone know of any good paying companies who are willing to hire smart,hard working people who are willing to work for free? im wondering if there are companies out there who are willing to do a internship?

2. Jorge

Jorge Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $252
    Excuse me if I'm not understanding, but why would you want a "good paying company" if you are going to work for free??

Besides, if you are going to work for free it means you can live without income (at least for now) so why not put all that energy and time into action and start your own business???

That's what you should be asking on this board I think...

Good luck whatever decision you make!

3. lobster

lobster New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    true, i was thinking about maybe getting a foot into a company with at least 50k or more after the free months, etc. then use that income to grow from there.

4. Jito

Jito New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $46
    I'm confused.

5. HenkHolland

HenkHolland Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $153
    So, you want to start working for free for a company in the hope of getting a 50k job at that same company after a few months.
    As Jorge already put it, apparently you don't need the income. So, why would you want to become a 50k a year employee? That doesn't leave you much time to pursue other things, like your own fastlane business(es).

It would be helpful if you can give us some more insight in your real motives.

6. PurEnergy

PurEnergy New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Lobster,

Generally, $50k JOBS are held by someone who has a college degree or someone who has skills at something. Both college and skills usually take four years rather than three months. Do you have skills or college? Either one should get you a $50k a year job. The market knows the value of a $50k employee and most likely you will have to earn it.

I hear crab fishing in Alaska pays pretty good from day one! :smx4:

7. lobster

lobster New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    i dont mind crab fishing if it pays, but its way too far. i actually did not finish college so i do not have a degree. im too old now to go back to college. just dont have that much time for a 4 year program. but i do have over 20 years of expierence in the resturant business from management/cook/service from a few family owned resturants in the past. the food industry is not something i really like to do.

8. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    what type of job are you looking for? why? for the salary?

I suggest you look for a job that TEACHES you something. Something you can later use to create your own business or at least work for yourself.
    If RE is what drives you then look for a job with a Real Estate Broker. Or a property management company. Or a mortgage broker.
    Learn some very important things needed to succeed, like the ability to sell and to have better personal relationships with customers and providers.

White8 likes this.
  9. randallg99

randallg99 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $169
    you can work for me... after 6 months of free work I will fire you. heh

10. MrPink

MrPink Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    I will die before I am 'too old' for college (learning).

11. lobster

lobster New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    thanks for the advice. yes, you are all correct, actually im out of the resturant business now for about 8 years. im currently in retail for around 8 years right now. so i do have expierence with sales and customer service. but the pay is very bad. im sure you all know that already.
    im just trying to get a decent paying job first, but as for not getting a degree, its alot harder. as for the hire and fire comment. yes i know it can happen anytime.

12. Jorge

Jorge Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $252

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.