The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PPC Manager Pains

Toiletcake

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 4, 2007
I am really struggling trying to locate a PPC manager for my newest venture. My previous manager is very close friends with Perry Marshall and his skills were amazing. Problem is he is so busy he cant take on any new clients so im searching for someone new.

I have found that the Perry Marshall Skill set seems to be a winner. I have personally seen some fantastic results and need to find a new person that practices something similar.

I refuse to use a large company that just hands the account to someone that could care less, been there done that. I prefer the self employed type with a great personality. I feel its important to connect with your marketer to form a good relationship.

Does anyone have any referrals?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
What are you looking for in a PPC manager that you couldn't handle yourself?

Toiletcake

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 4, 2007
Well, honestly that is a very good question.

When I started my first business I learned the basics but the monthly budget approached 6 figures pretty quickly and I learned what a professional can do compared to my basic abilities.

We dropped the cpl by several dollars while increasing the landing pages conversion to an average of 55%, some of the ads were so tuned that they had extremely high ctrs and so forth. All of these things made for a great adwords experience.

I just dont have the time or skill set to reproduce this type of performance.

Im looking for a top notch manager. Not the standard set it and let it roll type.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I do not think it would take you too long to do though, with G's website optimizer its easy to tune pages, i think that getting a "mediocre" manager isn't going to fetch the results you are looking for. Anyone that wont be super expensive probably wont take much time dealing with your site. What about hiring someone in house?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Toiletcake

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 4, 2007
I agree, the standard the ppc world seems to enjoy concerning compensation is terribly flawed. Its normal to see someone ask for 8-15% of the monthly spend. It makes no sense at all though. The goal here is to reduce the spend and increase ad exposure.

I prefer to work off a metric instead. We pick a cost per lead that the setup averages then pay 25% of any amount saved under that number multiplied by the amount of leads produced. This way everyone is properly motivated to work and with good reason.

Googles optimizer, from what I have seen does not have your best interests in mind. There's a lot more to this and Im looking for the best. I dont mind paying for performance, everyone wins in that case. Ive interviewed the in house types but I cant find the right talent.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.