• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FEATURED! Possible Blue Ocean? Affordable "tiny" housing park

Discussion in 'Real Estate Investing' started by MJ DeMarco, Jul 26, 2018.

1. NaPal

NaPal Done > Perfect Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $607
    In my area the smallest new home you'll find is around ~2000 sqft.
    Since I've known this, I've always thought there has to be a huge market for smaller new construction homes. Something along the lines of 2BR, 1 BA, +loft, 1000 sqft.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  2. mwimmersive

mwimmersive New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $18
    I think this is definitely a possible blue ocean... The only thing you'd be competing with are other housing parks, but as tinyhousing park it's a big differentiator and kind of different business altogether. I think the next step would be figuring out how to test if this is something people are genuinely looking for... You could create some kind of smoke and mirrors test, create some targeted Facebook ads saying "Live in A Tiny Home Community Today" and see how many click-throughs you get. If a ton of people go through the link, that would be pretty good validation to me!

4x4ord likes this.
  3. mwimmersive

mwimmersive New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $18
    You can always see the work we try to pitch to clients (as an example of something that's definitely NOT a Blue Ocean, haha) here: Work - Midwest Immersive

4. WildHoneyTree

WildHoneyTree New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $101
    Never read the Blue Ocean book but have also had the idea of a green housing gated community (off grid, growing own food etc). So I also like this spin esp tying it in with the tiny house trend.
    Don't know if I would pitch to the low income/mobile home market...as someone pointed out..security risks and may end up not being a great vibe if some of the wrong people move in.
    The 55+ mentioned here is a good angle. Mine would be to pitch it more as an alternative lifestyle community to young 'hipsters' (sorry for the horrible labels) who share common values of minimalism, high quality lifestyle over big house and mortgage. So, they may be ok with paying more than a trailer park rate to know that they would be among like minded people (educated and alternative). They may also be less fussy than the over 55 crowd in terms of demanding comforts and be less of a liability.
    Could leasing/selling the units as cabins/holiday homes help to bypass construction codes?

5. JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $87
    Option A:

MOVE IN - FL Tiny Home Park Grand Opening!!!

HOA Rules:

*You've read TMF & UNSCRIPTED
    *You are in "hybrid" transition to FL
    *You downsized here to get grip on your overspending/scripted life
    *You sold your big house
    *You have to have a CENTS business or start one after moving in

Property and Grounds:

*There is a FL Club House with a shared workspace for creative ideas and woking together; must show up everyday until you create your level of FL and return to the property and help others after you have "moved" out.

*There is a HOA (gate - INSIDER) cost, but the cost is minimal to the rewards you gather when you take action.

Option B:

...OR just create a FORUM and live where you want ; )

So, does the Tiny House Blue Ocean already exist?