The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Possible Blue Ocean? Affordable "tiny" housing park

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Makes me think of a yurt.
I think, personally, I would like a Yurt better. I think I'd have a hard time living in a straight line. I always say when the lil woman dies I'm going to live in a travel trailer but in reality..... I don't think I can live in a straight line.... now a Yurt has possibilities.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

reedracer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
I'd probably go Apartment or AirBnB bait if I found myself single again. Wife like her backyard without neighbors

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
We both LOVED apartments/'condos', after all, she did live in New York City for 10 years + 3 years.... but the neighbors were getting so bad! I like to think of everyone as equal but we found ourselves asking how these type of people could afford the high rent! That's 1 of the reasons we had to, sadly, give up apartments. And then, you don't even know who might walk in and shoot you in your own apartment while you are eating ice cream!

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
Sorry @Blackadder I would have to disagree. The expensive part of kitchens and baths comes in the finishes (tile, cabinets, countertops, fixtures). There just aren't that many finishes in a tiny home.
@WJK @Davidla ?
I'm Not saying they aren't heavily marking up the tiny houses, especially the ones on wheels, But you are not going to find any over 140 share feet or so under $40k if it was possible to crank em out at 16K I'd rather think someone would be doing it (adding to this is the fact that tiny houses are often built with normal house materials and mobile homes are traditionally made with the cheapest stuff they can find and one can start to see why the gap between the two prices.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom