The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Positive Stories: People Stepping Up During The Coronavirus Crisis

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
When shit hits the fan, there are always people who step up. I thought that this thread would be a good way to log stories of some people doing just that. Please add any similar stories that you might come across.

My favorite: "When the 2020 Arnold Sports Festival was cancelled, organizers sent the prepared food to tornado victims and first responders in Nashville, Tennessee."

This seems like it will be a huge opportunity - there will be plenty of events cancelled with resources / goods / tools that could be put to use for something else. You could probably get things at firesale prices and make some decent money if you can find these opportunities and move quickly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
When shit hits the fan, there are always people who step up. I thought that this thread would be a good way to log stories of some people doing just that. Please add any similar stories that you might come across.

My favorite: "When the 2020 Arnold Sports Festival was cancelled, organizers sent the prepared food to tornado victims and first responders in Nashville, Tennessee."

This seems like it will be a huge opportunity - there will be plenty of events cancelled with resources / goods / tools that could be put to use for something else. You could probably get things at firesale prices and make some decent money if you can find these opportunities and move quickly.
This is how my husband and I are stepping up in our community. We will be distributing this card door to door in our neighborhood (200 homes).

I'm not sure how it will play out, but I'd rather have people talking and feeling like neighbors than have everyone fending for themselves.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There was some folks singing from balconys in Italy ... I can't seem to find it now, but @Andy Black posted it somewhere and it was really cool to hear.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This is how my husband and I are stepping up in our community. We will be distributing this card door to door in our neighborhood (200 homes).

I'm not sure how it will play out, but I'd rather have people talking and feeling like neighbors than have everyone fending for themselves.

View attachment 31083

View attachment 31084

This is great. I saw a friend of mine volunteer on Facebook offering to help other people find babysitters, offering to pick up & deliver food for people, and a few other things.

What did @Andy Black say, do things that don't scale? While in this thread I asked for people that are thinking big, it's worth mentioning that there will be plenty of unsung people contributing to their communities in ways that don't make the news. Feel free to mention some of that here.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@WillHurtDontCare -- just a thanks for starting a thread like this. In times of uncertainty, these stories will be nice to hear.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"More than 220 people in greater Louisville have signed up to help deliver groceries, pick up medications and run other errands for their elderly and at-risk neighbors — those most susceptible to falling ill from the coronavirus."

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"Groups in areas such as London and Cornwall are poised to get supplies to people unable to leave home in the coming weeks to contain C0VlD-19.

A 17-year-old boy who has set up a volunteer group in London said: 'It's only right that we help out.'"

"In Wiltshire, Susan Connolly is setting up a free food delivery service using volunteers setting out on foot from the Spar shops she runs in Tidworth and Pewsey."

Getting groceries to the elderly seems like a big charitable opportunity right now. The service Instacart: Groceries Delivered From Local Stores delivers food to your house and lets you order on your phone or computer. I bet they could be convinced to allow a volunteer option for free delivery to the elderly. Take advantage of their existing platform, etc.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Coronavirus: How sports stars and teams are aiding arena and stadium workers impacted by C0VlD-19 outbreak

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...tadium-workers-impacted-by-C0VlD-19-outbreak/

"Warriors ownership, players and coaches will contribute $1 million to a disaster relief fund for Chase Center employees, the team announced."

"Astros star George Springer joined the growing list of stars within the sports world to go into their own pockets to help others impacted by the spread of the coronavirus by pledging to donate $100,000 to Minute Maid Park employees. "

"Philadelphia 76ers: The hourly workers at Wells Fargo Center will be compensated during the NBA's hiatus, per NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark."

"Utah Jazz: Rudy Gobert, the first NBA player to test positive for the coronavirus, will donate $500,000 to various causes. Of that money, $200,000 will go to game-day employees for the Jazz, $100,000 each will go to families impacted by the virus in Utah and Oklahoma City, and 100,000 euros will go to his native France. "

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Can't emphasize the importance of this enough. Ultimately the community needs us to step up as leaders. I've taken the time to create a Prepping whatsapp group for the American expats living in our neighborhood. It's been incredible seeing people share info and come together. Over 150+ people strong in a matter of days.

If this is possible for your locale, do it.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I was actually thinking of purchasing large quantities of essential supplies (I can reach out to distributors I know) and setting up a warehouse for free essentials to stop this panic buying and help those families that aren’t financially well. A lot of us are blessed to be able to participate in this “panic buying”, but what about those families that can’t afford food for their kids? You think they’re at Costco filling their carts?

It will also be good exposure for my brand. Win win situation.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
Andy Frisella of 1st Phorm/ Host of The MFCEO project posted on his insta story that he would like to pledge 100k to cover the lost wages of St. Louis Blues' stadium workers.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Taco Bell will continue to pay its employees who will have to stay at home:

"We’ll be paying employees who are required to stay at home, or who work at a restaurant that is closed, for their scheduled or regularly scheduled hours during their time away from work."

tpf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 8, 2016
UK (Lesta) & 日本
Our local army cadets are offering to help people that are self- isolating by running errands. I've given my contact no. to a couple of people who live on their own locally, one of whom is elderly and doesn't do Facebook or that kind of thing ,and the other doesn't get many visitors.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Our local army cadets are offering to help people that are self- isolating by running errands. I've given my contact no. to a couple of people who live on their own locally, one of whom is elderly and doesn't do Facebook or that kind of thing ,and the other doesn't get many visitors.

How are they getting in touch with people who are self isolating? It seems like there are a lot of people out there looking to help, but I'd imagine that finding the people who really need help is tricky.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
There was some folks singing from balconys in Italy ... I can't seem to find it now, but @Andy Black posted it somewhere and it was really cool to hear.

There were a couple videos though.

P.S. - this link saves my life on a daily basis

Also, where's @ApparentHorizon

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
PSA: NextDoor.com is a great place to nail down what is going on in your neighborhood.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Being From MO, totally loving the Missouri teachers to story. Thank you for sharing

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Love it. Not surprised
Andy Frisella of 1st Phorm/ Host of The MFCEO project posted on his insta story that he would like to pledge 100k to cover the lost wages of St. Louis Blues' stadium workers.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

tpf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 8, 2016
UK (Lesta) & 日本
How are they getting in touch with people who are self isolating? It seems like there are a lot of people out there looking to help, but I'd imagine that finding the people who really need help is tricky.
Facebook. We have a really active local neighborhood watch Facebook group with 1.5k members.

Seems to be working so far, but I don't think they've had much to do yet.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I got an announcement from my daughter's school today saying they would continue with online classes effective the end of Spring Break. I volunteered to help any of their staff adjust to technologies or online teaching methods, within the my own scope of experience and that of our staff. I can let them lean on some infrastructure too, if they need it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some unsung heroes in this mess...

The grocery store cashier.
The grocery store stock clerk.
The medical folks on the front line, from the receptionist to the doctors, to the nurses...
The UPS guy
The truckers that keep that supply chains going...
The farmers who make sure that the supply chain is fed.
The garbage collector...
The municipal water worker...

Just off the top of my head, there's a lot more...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.