The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Poor response from LinkedIn validation

JK33

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 30, 2019
Dear Broskis and Broskas,
I had an app idea in the medical device industry and decided to validate it by speaking to 100 professionals in that sector

So far the response is poor. Only 6 out of 100 have gotten back to me with feedback of what I should focus on in the app.

The ones who have gotten back to me have all been positive about the idea.

My next step would have been to build a lean/beta app version of the idea and present it to these people and even perhaps go to a conference.

Question? Is it worth going ahead with the effort of making an app when there is poor response from the customers i want to target?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Message 100 more professionals? 1000 more?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Get more feedback but , 100% positive feedback sounds good to me.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Your current sample size is 6. 30-50 is a decent, but small, sample size of relevant feedback. If your rate is 6%, you should be able to get what you want after reaching out to about 900 professionals. This can be outsourced.

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
not sure how feedback works but in a cold outreach if i got a 6% positive response i would try to tweak it. sounds like it might have potential

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Did you actually speak with people? And if so, in person or on the phone?

Because messaging someone on LinkedIn or via email/online is a sure way to get me to ignore any request like that.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
1. Idea does not equal product .
2. You don't know what is good open rate in your industry (cold mailing at 6% IIRC is a good rate).

People validate with their credit card.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I have a SaaS/Device in the medical industry. Doctors are strange creatures and it takes effort to get their attention. The same goes for most of the medical field.
  • Get a list of 100+ medical professionals in your area that would be end-users of the product.
  • Contact them multichannel/ Email, LinkedIn, Phone inviting them to a happy hour event. Let them know you aren't selling anything but that you would like to get feedback on the prototype. Let them know there are 30 seats for the happy hour. Doctors love exclusivity as they are catered to constantly.
  • Go to a bar or restaurant and reserve a private room for the event let them know you have 30 people coming and you want to do drinks and happy hour. This should set you back around $1,000-$3,000.
  • Do a presentation on the prototype/solution. Keep it light. Medical professionals get sold to by medical device and pharma reps constantly.
  • Give out a quiz with their names pre-filled. Yes/No and multiple questions replies, or rank from 1-10.
  • Thank everyone for coming, end it and mingle.
  • Take the quizzes and aggregate the score of each question by the rank you gave it. Example. X product would do Y allowing Z. What would you rate the importance of this? If a certain feature got high rankings, follow up on that. It does no good to go after features they don't care about.
If you get good feedback, follow up and schedule 1-1 meetings to go deeper and get pre-sales.
If not you have saved a ton of time and money from building something people don't care about.
If you play your cards right you might even get investors out of the meeting. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.