- Joined
- May 27, 2013
- Messages
- 96
Rep Bank
$465
$465
User Power: 120%
Hi all,
Among other things, I've been traveling a lot the past few years. Almost every time I'm abroad somewhere I see something that I think would be great to resell in the US. My success so far has been mixed. It's kind of shocking to see a great product in South America, find the manufacturer, and have them tell you they already have an exclusive distributor in the US. Then where tf is your product? What can't I buy it here?
Moving on, I came across a brand that I believe would make a killing in the US right now. They have no presence outside their country, but put out some serious quality in their products. I've done quite a bit of Google fu and LinkedIn searching to find their businesses and marketing people. This was no easy task and actually took a few weeks.
With contact info in hand, I put together a professional sounding pitch to them and even paid to have it translated into their native language. I was excited when I sent it off. Then nothing.
I sent it again a few weeks later and still no response. What gives? Do my messages wind up in spam bins, or do these people have so much money that they don't care?
I'm not quite ready to give up on this product. So what is my next move? Book a flight to their offices and show up in person to talk to them? Spam away with emails?
Among other things, I've been traveling a lot the past few years. Almost every time I'm abroad somewhere I see something that I think would be great to resell in the US. My success so far has been mixed. It's kind of shocking to see a great product in South America, find the manufacturer, and have them tell you they already have an exclusive distributor in the US. Then where tf is your product? What can't I buy it here?
Moving on, I came across a brand that I believe would make a killing in the US right now. They have no presence outside their country, but put out some serious quality in their products. I've done quite a bit of Google fu and LinkedIn searching to find their businesses and marketing people. This was no easy task and actually took a few weeks.
With contact info in hand, I put together a professional sounding pitch to them and even paid to have it translated into their native language. I was excited when I sent it off. Then nothing.
I sent it again a few weeks later and still no response. What gives? Do my messages wind up in spam bins, or do these people have so much money that they don't care?
I'm not quite ready to give up on this product. So what is my next move? Book a flight to their offices and show up in person to talk to them? Spam away with emails?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
