- Joined
- Jun 24, 2011
- Messages
- 318
- Location
- Houston, Texas, United States
Rep Bank
$590
$590
User Power: 18%
I have a theory...
That games (especially first person shooter games) are a good training ground for biz skills.
There are several things I about games that I believe help develop skills that lend themselves to Entrepreneurs:
- They teach you to think out of the box. In my experience the obvious route in games is seldom the correct one. Only by looking at problems sideways can you see the real solution.
- They teach you that failing is not that big a deal. No one like to fail but if you are going to win the game you have to figure out what doesn't work. When you "fail" you've just learned how not to do something and it's time to try something else.
- It teaches focus. If you've ever played many games undoubtedly you've played one that has so captured your imagination that even when not playing it your brain keeps bouncing back with possible new ways to approach a problem
So that's my theory - that being said the down side to games is They produce nothing meaningful. While I believe games can teach lessons they are also a huge time sink that results in nothing lasting which is why I haven't become involved with any games in years. My new game is online biz and I keep score with $$$s.
So what do you think - can games make you a better Entrepreneur?
That games (especially first person shooter games) are a good training ground for biz skills.
There are several things I about games that I believe help develop skills that lend themselves to Entrepreneurs:
- They teach you to think out of the box. In my experience the obvious route in games is seldom the correct one. Only by looking at problems sideways can you see the real solution.
- They teach you that failing is not that big a deal. No one like to fail but if you are going to win the game you have to figure out what doesn't work. When you "fail" you've just learned how not to do something and it's time to try something else.
- It teaches focus. If you've ever played many games undoubtedly you've played one that has so captured your imagination that even when not playing it your brain keeps bouncing back with possible new ways to approach a problem
So that's my theory - that being said the down side to games is They produce nothing meaningful. While I believe games can teach lessons they are also a huge time sink that results in nothing lasting which is why I haven't become involved with any games in years. My new game is online biz and I keep score with $$$s.
So what do you think - can games make you a better Entrepreneur?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
