The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please Don’t quit your job??

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Hey guys,
There’s a lot of people quitting there jobs out there; after realizing what they can do?? But please don’t quit your job?? Start a side hustle yes:: work on your company, if the CENTS CLEAR IT? Work on your company. Build it. Once it becomes successful and is been a 6 months and your doing well??? And there’s no obstacle in front of you??? In the future as well?? Then go ahead run you life??? Enjoy!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Thank you????????????? It's very informative????????????????????????

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey guys,
There’s a lot of people quitting there jobs out there; after realizing what they can do?? But please don’t quit your job?? Start a side hustle yes:: work on your company, if the CENTS CLEAR IT? Work on your company. Build it. Once it becomes successful and is been a 6 months and your doing well??? And there’s no obstacle in front of you??? In the future as well?? Then go ahead run you life??? Enjoy!!

"no obstacle in front of you" -- In other words, new entrepreneurs should stay in their jobs for the rest of their lives. Never quit. World dangerous. Failure inevitable. I pooped myself.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
"Smoking and drinking won't affect my baby" -this dude's mom probably

Incredibly funny but let's give the guy a break. He from Seattle and we all know what that nutter city does to people. Still taking me over 1.5 years to recover from my 5 years there.

NStack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 12, 2021
I think that's a good approach, if you have people depending on you and you have no "Plan Z" (Sleep on your parents couch until you get back on your feet).

Everyone has their own situation, the key to not getting stuck in a job is to define your success metrics beforehand.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
could have grown up in the CHAZ autonomous zone.
One night me and my buddy went there to check it out and it was a boring left wing block party that smelled like weed and piss everywhere.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Incredibly funny but let's give the guy a break. He from Seattle and we all know what that nutter city does to people. Still taking me over 1.5 years to recover from my 5 years there.

I wouldn't say joking at someone else's expense is incredibly funny. I see it more as a distasteful act of insecurity and approval seeking behavior.

@Johnny boy I know you're not at all as confident or self-assured as you make yourself out to be online. And while many of your posts contain valuable insights, quite a few scream "I got bullied in school due to my low self-esteem so now I'm going to show everyone what a huge badass I am."

You also seem to be troubled by some sort of deep-seated belief that you're dumb which incites you to regularly mock the intelligence of people you perceive as below you.

Unfortunately, it looks like surrounding yourself with Yes Men got to your head.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys,

I assume English isn't your first language. In the future, try writing less ????s and !!!!!s. By doing so you’ll get your point across better and it's also much more likely people will take you seriously.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hey guys,
While it's foolish to quit your job impulsively, it depends on how fast you execute which dictates the time you will be slaving off at your job.

It's not humanely possible to build a CENTS business with verified productocracy while working 8 hours with 2 hours of commute every day.

If someone has done this, feel free to prove me wrong. I'd love to hear your example.

Oh wait, there's no one?

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
It's not humanely possible to build a CENTS business with verified productocracy while working 8 hours with 2 hours of commute every day.

If someone has done this, feel free to prove me wrong. I'd love to hear your example.
"A 14-year study of 5,000 American entrepreneurs demonstrates this exact point: Entrepreneurs who kept their day jobs failed 33% less often."

Examples:

While selling fax machines door-to-door full time, Sara Blakely launched a side business to make hosiery. After moonlighting for two years, she finally quit her job when she knew that Spanx would be successful. And today, it is. Spanx earns over $1 billion in revenue per year.

If you’re determined enough, you will find the time. Daymond John, the founder of FUBU and one of Shark Tank’s celebrity judges, had a job from 10 am to 10 pm at Red Lobster. Yet he found the time to work on his fashion company between shifts and after working hours until he could afford to make the leap to focusing on FUBU full time.

While working full time as an accountant, Phil Knight started selling Japanese running shoes on the side. This company’s name is Nike. You may have heard of it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Oh wait, there's no one?
Come on man, fix your mindset. That's just defeatist, quitter talk.

You know there are billions of people in the world, millions of millionaires, etc? Top 1% equates to millions and millions of people.

Of COURSE there are people who have built epic businesses while working 8 hours per day with 2 hour commutes. Hell, there are people with lives WAY HARDER than you, me, anybody on this forum who have done outrageously bigger and better stuff than we all have.

Those stories are practically cliches!

Just do something

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
"A 14-year study of 5,000 American entrepreneurs demonstrates this exact point: Entrepreneurs who kept their day jobs failed 33% less often."

Examples:

While selling fax machines door-to-door full time, Sara Blakely launched a side business to make hosiery. After moonlighting for two years, she finally quit her job when she knew that Spanx would be successful. And today, it is. Spanx earns over $1 billion in revenue per year.

If you’re determined enough, you will find the time. Daymond John, the founder of FUBU and one of Shark Tank’s celebrity judges, had a job from 10 am to 10 pm at Red Lobster. Yet he found the time to work on his fashion company between shifts and after working hours until he could afford to make the leap to focusing on FUBU full time.

While working full time as an accountant, Phil Knight started selling Japanese running shoes on the side. This company’s name is Nike. You may have heard of it.

Thank you for sharing this @Hong_Kong. I realized I need more help than the OP.

Come on man, fix your mindset. That's just defeatist, quitter talk.

You know there are billions of people in the world, millions of millionaires, etc? Top 1% equates to millions and millions of people.

Of COURSE there are people who have built epic businesses while working 8 hours per day with 2 hour commutes. Hell, there are people with lives WAY HARDER than you, me, anybody on this forum who have done outrageously bigger and better stuff than we all have.

Those stories are practically cliches!

Just do something
I can hear the disappointment in the first sentence.

Idk if my mind stopped working, but I highly think these unconscious beliefs stemmed from not being around winners. My circle has been pretty lazy and there weren't active discussions on improving yourself as an individual. Basically, I was action faking with other action fakers.

I realized that this poor mindset needs to be fixed, and I've devised and deployed a few solutions.

1. Identified 5 people I interact with daily. None of them were actively taking action to get to where I'm going.
  2. Left the chit chat groups. Switching my circle of people and trying to find high-quality relationships.
  3. Cut out all sources of distraction and start looking to network with people who have a better mindset.

Thank you @thechosen1 and @Hong_Kong, you helped me identify my flawed mindset. I've taken some steps to improve it.

What other things would you suggest? I've left all the time-wasting groups and now focusing on getting in touch with blunt and heavy hitters.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Idk if my mind stopped working, but I highly think these unconscious beliefs stemmed from not being around winners. My circle has been pretty lazy and there weren't active discussions on improving yourself as an individual. Basically, I was action faking with other action fakers.

I realized that this poor mindset needs to be fixed, and I've devised and deployed a few solutions.

1. Identified 5 people I interact with daily. None of them were actively taking action to get to where I'm going.
  2. Left the chit chat groups. Switching my circle of people and trying to find high-quality relationships.
  3. Cut out all sources of distraction and start looking to network with people who have a better mindset.

Thank you @thechosen1 and @Hong_Kong, you helped me identify my flawed mindset. I've taken some steps to improve it.

What other things would you suggest? I've left all the time-wasting groups and now focusing on getting in touch with blunt and heavy hitters.
It’s okay, don’t worry too much about cutting everyone out. Try to get some small wins under your belt with action. It’s really all about taking action. And I mean SMALL wins. If it means selling something at a garage sale and making a tiny profit, that is a win. Just get the ball rolling and learn the skills and prove to yourself that you can do it. That builds your confidence and compounds your action into bigger actions

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
Hey guys,
Funny story,

I quit my $50 an hour job cold turkey to start a "wildly profitable" consulting business at 23 with not much savings

..... 1 month later I was delivering pizzas for $18 a hour as rent was due and my business wasn't as wildly profitable as I was promised by the Guru selling his course

Granted , I did have 2 consulting clients paying $400 a month.... but that was not even close to paying our basic living expenses.

Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
One night me and my buddy went there to check it out and it was a boring left wing block party that smelled like weed and piss everywhere.

Good ole Seattle always smelling like weed n piss, but sure the Chop or Chaz or whatever they call it really stank bad. Weed dont bother me but I dont miss the urine, pooping on sidewalks, needles on the ground and junkies shooting up on the sides of roads. Not a political thing for me just a shame such a beautiful city can be destroyed so easily. Oklahoma which is the opposite spectrum of everything is just as insane but more meth, booze, and wild west attitude type of fueled thing.

Simon I hear you, I hope OP does not get discouraged for the ribbing he received. His advice will apply to some people who just need to bootstrap while being weighed down with a job grind till they have profit, others need to take the leap once-in-while after bootstrapping and be on the business 100% of time to breach the walls they need to succeed. I personally don't like to boot strap but have been put in the position at times when its the best option and take a swing fulltime when the timing is right.

OP sent PM want to talk Seattle.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Funny story,

I quit my $50 an hour job cold turkey to start a "wildly profitable" consulting business at 23 with not much savings

..... 1 month later I was delivering pizzas for $18 a hour as rent was due and my business wasn't as wildly profitable as I was promised by the Guru selling his course

Granted , I did have 2 consulting clients paying $400 a month.... but that was not even close to paying our basic living expenses.
Good ole Seattle always smelling like weed n piss, but sure the Chop or Chaz or whatever they call it really stank bad. Weed dont bother me but I dont miss the urine, pooping on sidewalks, needles on the ground and junkies shooting up on the sides of roads. Not a political thing for me just a shame such a beautiful city can be destroyed so easily. Oklahoma which is the opposite spectrum of everything is just as insane but more meth, booze, and wild west attitude type of fueled thing.

Simon I hear you, I hope OP does not get discouraged for the ribbing he received. His advice will apply to some people who just need to bootstrap while being weighed down with a job grind till they have profit, others need to take the leap once-in-while after bootstrapping and be on the business 100% of time to breach the walls they need to succeed. I personally don't like to boot strap but have been put in the position at times when its the best option and take a swing fulltime when the timing is right.

OP sent PM want to talk Seattle.
@Private Witt hahah you got jokes??? I believe you only focused on the piss and and weed??? As they say every city is different is how you take??? I always sty positive, and good side??? You may love your city!!! I might say its something else???

Last edited:

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle

@Saad Khan!! Your absolutely right??? The poor mindset is a problem?? Is being poor is a choice, if you want to stop being is all about mindset and working hard and being positive and tell your brain you can so!! I want to be a millionaire; have the vision, mindset? Build it and get it going??

On the other facts of people??? I recently started being arrogant?? It just came out??? I was tired of bullshit people and there nonsense and there lies??? Bullshit??? They say real people have 3 or 4 friends. Fake people have a lot of garbage???

-get rid toxic people, fake people, people who would not do you a favor??? Kick them out! Only positive people?? Think positive always??? Have a plan and execute it??? Stay away from distraction..

@MJ DeMarco also in his books distraction is everywhere??? Pay attention and focus?? Remove distractions from your life???

Last edited:

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
"Smoking and drinking won't affect my baby" -this dude's mom probably
Really!?? Insult haha??? Insult??You funny??? The thing is being an idiot is not being one??? You haven’t found out your one big one??? Please go check on yourself??? Ask yourself! Am I really this dumb???? Ohh really????

Last edited:

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
What a beautiful quote??????? HAHAHAHA????????

View attachment 45088
@Johnny boy for your

View attachment 45088
How long did it take you to make this? Canva?

View attachment 45088
You have a lot time on your hands, use that energy to invest in your business?? You’d be more successful.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@Johnny boy for your

You have a lot time on your hands, use that energy to invest in your business?? You’d be more successful.
I wish I was as successful as you but I am a big dummy?????????

Do you know who I am!!!

I am a legendary contributor??????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.