The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People dont buy the product they buy the offer

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
I realize this now through implementation and through the knowledge I have learned in workshops and books. People buy based off emotions. You can get someone to buy something just by creating a value that is perceived

For example

How to make a Million Dollars In a Month Ebook (Value $100)
Think and Grow Rich Audio mp3 (Value 19.99)
Millionaire Secrets Webinar (Value $5000)
Two Tickets to Millionaire Networking Event (Value $10000)

Limited Time Offer
Only 50 Remain!!!
$99.95

VS

How to make a Million Dollars In a Month Ebook
Think and Grow Rich Audio mp3
Millionaire Secrets Webinar
Two Tickets to Millionaire Networking Event

For $99.95

The offer is what gets people to buy the product people buy things emotional and than justify them logically however many people fail to sell because they sell them with logic rather than trying to create the emotion that led to them buying the product themselves

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
I realize this now through implementation and through the knowledge I have learned in workshops and books. People buy based off emotions. You can get someone to buy something just by creating a value that is perceived

For example

How to make a Million Dollars In a Month Ebook (Value $100)
Think and Grow Rich Audio mp3 (Value 19.99)

Limited Time Offer
Only 50 Remain!!!
$99.95

VS

How to make a Million Dollars In a Month Ebook
Think and Grow Rich Audio mp3
Millionaire Secrets Webinar
Two Tickets to Millionaire Networking Event

For $99.95

The offer is what gets people to buy the product people buy things emotional and than justify them logically however many people fail to sell because they sell them with logic rather than trying to create the emotion that led to them buying the product themselves

This is true. A lot of our day to day decisions are guided upon a "gut feeling". A lot of startups overlook the idea of planting a connected feeling in potential clients.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
People that buy workshops and books buy based off emotions.

You're going in wrong direction.

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
Good snippet about this in Russell Brunson's "Expert Secrets" book. I forget what the actual concept is called, it's slipping my mind... but the idea is that you're showing people the perceived value of what they're buying, and offering it at a price that is considered a "steal". Great marketing tactic because it triggers people into taking action or else they'll miss out (FOMO).

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I’ll also add that people buy expectations and outcomes.

I can increase your revenue by 35% in 12 months by doing ___ so you can ___.

VS

I can get you more customers.

Last edited:

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
People buy based off emotions. You can get someone to buy something just by creating a value that is perceived
That's true, but if it doesn't have enough real value than it's nothing more than a scam.

Perceived value can be way higher (for example jewelry, boutique goods, etc.) and it's fine if the real value is also higher than for normal products, or at least on the same level.

Those two triggered my scam-detector.

Giving more value for the money may be a better strategy in the long run. It brings you closer to productocracy. People will definitely recommend your product if they got more than they paid for.

Also, people may have different goals than money. Take, for example, MJ.
His books and INSIDERS subscription here are not that expensive. Probably he could squeeze out more profits by raising prices, even x2-x3 times. Don't know about books, but I've been on a $100/m paid forum and there's still enough value for the money and a lot of people.

But what if his goal is not all about the money. Maybe he really wants to show people what's possible, change their lives and make them Unscripted ? Then current prices make much more sense, allowing his books to become best sellers.

Last edited:

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
They BUY the offer, then they RETURN the product.

If product isn't as good as advertise then ask the sellers their refund rate. ;)

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
"Most people are broke and remain broke because the money scam has made them perpetual chasers of something that cannot be chased - it can only be attracted by offering perceived value" - MJ in UNSCRIPTED .

Of course, if the customer deems the perceived value offered and actual value obtained don't match, he'll be sure to get his money back and tell everyone he can to stay away from your scam.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Giving more value for the money may be a better strategy in the long run. It brings you closer to productocracy. People will definitely recommend your product if they got more than they paid for.
The best marketing strategy is to have people begging to refer you customers.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
The economy is fuelled by bridging the gap between 'current self' and 'desired future self'.

Most things fit into this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.