The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pacific Northwest cannabis industry media project attempt #2

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
The veterans event went amazing. A few rappers showed up and a potential model hostess which is always awesome to see part of your team come to a non-related event. Something about showing up to events that accelerates the relationship process. All about effort and showing commitment to what they are doing.

Also getting people coming at me out of nowhere asking for opportunity. Had a few turn up at the event and also getting blasted on social media. Unreal how some react negative when there is no immediate openings for something and than others play it perfectly for later shots.

I did bump into some old cannabis industry folks I haven't seen in awhile and had some interesting conversations about deals in the future.

There is no question having an event a month is so draining I must be out of my mind. It was small with about 75 people and I wasnt even the main host and it wiped out 4 days of my time.

I decided to block April off and just focus everything on my late March show and recovery in April. Since its a huge month being 4/20 all month Ill hit events and let other do the lifting and focus on business preparation as May and summer is going to be busy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Today has been rough as Seattle has been gripped with Coronavirus panic.

My event is in 26 days and now a little nervous. Going to let the week play out but if this blows up I'm gonna need to cancel. In for 3.5k and total budget was 6k with remaining expenses being paid over next two weeks.

Any advice on this one, never in my mind thought this would be issue until this morning when news started leaking about local cases and an expected uptick coming soon.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I hate to say this but the reaction to the virus has been one of the worst situations Ive ever experienced. I spent four months positioning this event to be epic and a big brand bump up, but not looking like this is going to happen, its all about survival now.

My income from my regular gig dropped over 50% due to the connection to the tech industry. This has demotivated me and I've been working less hours. Ill be alright with my bills, but think in a few months will see a cause and effect and my business abilities will be hampered at the wrong time.

Tickets sales have stopped, cancellations are rolling in and music promoters are telling me people are stopping going to shows. My team wants to go ahead, 18 - 0 voted yes to proceed. Keeping in contact with the Hard Rock Cafe on safety proticals and if the event needs to be cancelled. I prefer not to reschedule as want to clear this event, if so would have to be summer and just detach for a month or two to re-balance and start marketing again. As for cancelling, if full refund from venue would end up losing around 1500. I wouldnt mind at this point as the loss wouldnt kill me and can get out of this nightmare and can just focus on content, my newspaper and business structuring.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Sorry to read about your troubles.

I'm close by (Vancouver) but the hysteria hasn't hit Canada as hard . . . yet. Just today I was doing my weekly groceries (just a top up, I have more than a month of stuff stocked up just in case) and for the first time my local Walmart was out of certain brands of toilet paper, all out of cheap sanitary wipes, and low on the giant, cheap bags of rice.

All it will take is the first death in the country and I have a feeling it will be SHTF time: no more public events, school closures, MAJOR business impact, etc.

The weekend when the news was released of the first deaths in WA, there were TWO major conventions happening for different scenes, one on Vancouver and one in Seattle, and I know that a lot of people from both countries went to each one. There's no way it isn't spreading in Vancouver and probably the rest of Canada by now.

It's only a matter of time . . .

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Sorry to read about your troubles.

I'm close by (Vancouver) but the hysteria hasn't hit Canada as hard . . . yet. Just today I was doing my weekly groceries (just a top up, I have more than a month of stuff stocked up just in case) and for the first time my local Walmart was out of certain brands of toilet paper, all out of cheap sanitary wipes, and low on the giant, cheap bags of rice.

All it will take is the first death in the country and I have a feeling it will be SHTF time: no more public events, school closures, MAJOR business impact, etc.

The weekend when the news was released of the first deaths in WA, there were TWO major conventions happening for different scenes, one on Vancouver and one in Seattle, and I know that a lot of people from both countries went to each one. There's no way it isn't spreading in Vancouver and probably the rest of Canada by now.

It's only a matter of time . . .

It came so quick for me last Monday. I was following in China but once seeing the real impact it really hit hard. If this thing duplicates what it has in Seattle the economy is going to take an epic chit dive.

Good luck up there.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
The roller coaster Ive been on has been complete insanity but strangely Ive landed on my feet and have a lot good news on the business end, but my life is complete madness being at USA ground zero Coronavirus.

Every day is something new and cant even re-balance to make a new plan of attack but in the end my show got cancelled by the venue due to city and state laws put in to place. Im getting deposits back from venue and only lost a few bucks on promo. Talent deposits are being forwarded to when the show goes hopefully in the summer.

So I made a great run at it with two cannabis events and one that went 4 months of planning and so much time, but worth it as Ive made amazing progress in both cannabis and music. Im getting reached out a lot more lately to do higher level things with some serious players, but going to wait and process both what happened with this 4 month show pre period and the insanity that is gripping my city and the rest of the world.

Human resources wise my hostess team of 420 models came down to 6 which are now a solid squad who want to keep going. I have 8 other local models Im on the fence with, but the reality is there are thousands to choose to work with and in no hurry as takes time to process. The ten rappers were a mixed back, they all piss me off in one way or another, besides three who are perfect promoting machines and have talent. Rappers have issues with ego and using their influence properly and I for sure will be setting standards and promotional ownership with musicians I deal with.

Other than lost a lot of income from the virus due to real gig. My main investors are getting crippled with the slowdown as have a lot of Air Bnbs and timeshares looking to be empty for next six months and a few others whose interest is tied to market stability. But I think Ill be okay, there is cash flow and my debt is low and for some reason I think Ill be able to find creative ways to gain traction as everybody is looking to make deals and I have the goods, just need to keep producing.

Article on my show that came out two before it got cancelled. This site is interesting as they are in both cannabis and music and have over 15 writers and staff holding events for nice profit.

Now that my plate is clear and do have some money to work with I think Ill be making some moves in April. I just want to calm things down a bit and let the next two weeks play out with the world and poke my head out in April and see what the new world looks like.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Way to keep a positive attitude man. I just read this entire thread after not having seen it before, and kinda saw the ending coming now that we're here. What a shit show. Keep your head up. Your hard work will pay off in spades.

I'm from Seattle so next time I'm back there I'll hit you up. Seem like a cool dude.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Way to keep a positive attitude man. I just read this entire thread after not having seen it before, and kinda saw the ending coming now that we're here. What a shit show. Keep your head up. Your hard work will pay off in spades.

I'm from Seattle so next time I'm back there I'll hit you up. Seem like a cool dude.

Thank you Gravy, your words help.

Im sorry to say I got really negative yesterday and have entered a funk. The reality hit that my dwindling income may not be as stable as I thought and on top, my main investor is in trouble and a future scheduled cash injection may be in jeopardy as well as my remaining business balance as I had terms on the deal that I wont be able to meet now.

Not going to lie Im a little shocked and Im on day 15 now. I guess yesterday when heard San Fran shut down and that Washington closed bars and restaurants it shook me up a bit. The virus doesnt scare me that much as I live alone and have limited contact, but worry about my elderly parents. Once my pay took a hit two weeks ago and saw how Seattle shut down in front of my eyes, the feeling of impending economical collapse was really what I feared the most, knowing the cause and effect could take me out and so many others.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Power through if you can. I wonder if there's a local help event / cause that you can organize or promote. You've got skills, obviously.

What kind of tech work is the day job?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Thank you Gravy, your words help.

Im sorry to say I got really negative yesterday and have entered a funk. The reality hit that my dwindling income may not be as stable as I thought and on top, my main investor is in trouble and a future scheduled cash injection may be in jeopardy as well as my remaining business balance as I had terms on the deal that I wont be able to meet now.

Not going to lie Im a little shocked and Im on day 15 now. I guess yesterday when heard San Fran shut down and that Washington closed bars and restaurants it shook me up a bit. The virus doesnt scare me that much as I live alone and have limited contact, but worry about my elderly parents. Once my pay took a hit two weeks ago and saw how Seattle shut down in front of my eyes, the feeling of impending economical collapse was really what I feared the most, knowing the cause and effect could take me out and so many others.

The exact same thing happened to me man.

My roommate and others were spewing about how we need to get guns, and crazy shit like that, for about 3 days now. I also checked the news a few times, and heard other people freak out.

I ended up sending some pretty sad depressing messages to my groups.

I woke up this AM and realized that I was tripping.

I immediately took back what I had said, and assured everyone that we will be just fine. Keeping the calm is worth the MOST right now.

Then I went and made a bunch of money and feel all better.

Keep your head up and CUT the negative news sources, and channels of negativity. Tell those people you need to do some self reflection and self improvement, and that you'll talk to them once things pick back up again.

Seriously do this. I just came out of the same feeling you had.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Power through if you can. I wonder if there's a local help event / cause that you can organize or promote. You've got skills, obviously.

What kind of tech work is the day job?

Im powering through and some doors are opening. Events are over with and there are a ton of causes within the industry that I maybe be able to address with media work I may be rolling out. I do have some unique skills, but they are more tuned for the real world.

I use both my events and others to make most of my deals around and like to vet in person. But these are new times and I do have a pretty decent network built with a lot of motivated low-ballers, risers and a nice sized pool of big players who I know are looking for projects. I was building certain leverages for the future with my upcoming events, but I see no reason why couldnt tweak a few things and take a stab at a few things.

Im going to keep processing what is happening as its such a huge day by day curve. I may just start developing content and once ready start to drop on my Instagram and website. Will than move my teams from like 30, to around double and can go from there.

I dont do tech work, its a BS 30 - 40 an hour service job with a great deal of the customers from the tech community. Its now plummeted to like 5 - 15 an hour and is very depressing to do, but do like talking to people. I was bootstrapping for 5 years between 20 - 50 hours a week, depending on $ needs and business activity, even took 6 months off FT for business attempts.

The exact same thing happened to me man.

My roommate and others were spewing about how we need to get guns, and crazy shit like that, for about 3 days now. I also checked the news a few times, and heard other people freak out.

I ended up sending some pretty sad depressing messages to my groups.

I woke up this AM and realized that I was tripping.

I immediately took back what I had said, and assured everyone that we will be just fine. Keeping the calm is worth the MOST right now.

Then I went and made a bunch of money and feel all better.

Keep your head up and CUT the negative news sources, and channels of negativity. Tell those people you need to do some self reflection and self improvement, and that you'll talk to them once things pick back up again.

Seriously do this. I just came out of the same feeling you had.

Keeping calm is the best. I did pretty good first two weeks but on Monday when I realized we are heading towards an Italy type situation hit me. Hopefully Im wrong, but this could get a little nasty. At first for two weeks it was the economical hit as personal but now I feel both and really just want my parents safe and to protect my business.

I was reading your thread, sick how you have come along! Congrats on your success and love your attitude.

No question immense opportunity coming in so many directions. Those who keep from going unhinged, keep pushing, preparing, being creative and taking risks will not only survive but thrive in this new world that is forming.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Looks like I caught a huge break and will qualify for the enhanced unemployment of 600 per week from federal for 4 months and between 400 to 700 for 10 months from state from my survival gig. Wasnt expecting this as dont put into system but it looks legit with the new stimulus package. This takes immense stress off.

As for business, I'm going to digital events and this is looking very promising for my brand growth. Have a lot of creative and busy work to do but hope first event is ready on April 16th. Also firing high quality industry content up and looking like will relaunch my newspaper in May but digital only.

Also talking with a major marijuana business magazine to partner up and gonna try to get cover but that may take 3 to 6 months as not ready, but could be soon.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Its going to take awhile for my unemployment to go through and shredding through personal funds. I 100% qualify but the state system is totally swamped and just think it will take a month or two. I've halted most business spending, but do need to spend $500 a month or so to keep everything moving forward.

I wish I could pay myself a salary but its impossible at this point. Im on survival on many fronts but feel Ill be okay. Once the government is squared away Ill get a decent retro check and I can than execute my plan of attack when can set a proper budget. If I do blow up in early summer I can get off the dole and put myself on salary, but in reality my business will not be profitable in some time due to revenue sources cut off. I see a few pathways but the wiring is complicated and cant be rushed.

Last Thursday I launched a Zoom cannabis sesh. I had a few glitches but had a decent turnout and some people of interest. Im going to do them every week and call Thursday Night Digital Sesh. I'd love to max it out at 100, but Ill tell you it gets crazy in there even with one page of 20 people on camera.

Ive been working on myself a lot with diet, light exercise, reading, attending a Zoom 12 step meeting, and cleaning way more than I have in my whole life. I will say Im so bored and want to travel so bad to somewhere else and just hang with family and friends.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Did your business do anything special for 4/20? The Zoom sessions sound like it would be a laugh!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Did your business do anything special for 4/20? The Zoom sessions sound like it would be a laugh!

No, there were so many events from big boys decided to just jump on and learn what they were doing. One local major player in media industry had Whoopie Goldberg, Ricky Williams, Mike Tyson and other bigger names on and music.

I'd love to live stream a national name but for now just gonna work on building this Thursday event very simply and at almost no cost.

Another note a friend of mine is creating branded masks and may order a few dozen and slap on models and see what happens.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Things are incredibly crazy and I rarely leave the apartment or reach out much. Ive been getting pulled a lot with a lot of business doings and just sitting on a lot deals that I want to convert in June and get aggressive in the industry in July and August and than move down to So Cal and set up HQ down there. I also have the option of taking a few months in Sept and Oct to travel the country and visit other states markets. Really need to wait more and see how the virus plays out but Im for sure leaving Washington as feel my work will be done here and time to go national.

Im getting branded masks this week and will using for a few campaigns including closing HR deals. I actually have two shipments as the first supplier dropped the ball and they are ten days late so went with second order with Custom Ink and they are super reliable. Looking forward to seeing what masks people like better.

The best part of quarantine has been Ive lost like 20 pounds. Ive been incredibly consistent with walking three times a day around 2 miles each leg. Id love to throw in the gym with the elliptical. Diet has been way better but have moments of weakness mostly around pizza and tacos. I was 259 2.5 years ago and now breaking inside 210 for the first time long while and pumped to make the dash to sub 200.

Looking forward to reporting some business progress fire by the end of June :).

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I just read my last post and failed to update like promised. Wont lie, I fell into the strangest hole and literally am shocked Im still in the game. I could write a book just on the last few months, but will give a brief summary:

June: Things were looking so good. The virus numbers were dropping and it looked like some parts of the industry would be pumping back up. I ended up going to Portland a few times to set up a few deals. I felt so amazing getting out of three months of quarantine. I also fixed personal money issues and started to stock up a nice resource base, that I felt would allow me to make some amazing moves.

July: Reality hit and the virus numbers reversed and felt this dread set in. Things started to get dark and I ended up making a series of incredibly bad personal decisions. My lease was coming up in August, wasnt sure where I was going and felt like I was drowning in so many ways. I just knew I had to leave Seattle and start new.

August: I was dealing with the consequences of my behavior from July and moving. One piece of good news is I teamed up with a Fast Lane Forum member for a side project, that went incredibly well. This person has extraordinary skills, vision and work ethic. Im looking forward to sharing the work we created to the community when the time is right and I cant wait to work with this guy again.

Ended up moving but in the process hurt my back really bad and also broke a tooth, I was spinning into the dumpster and I had a ton of doubts to where I was moving, which was Portland. I wanted to go to LA, but I have unfinished business in the Pac NW and decided to tackle a new market. I set up a new website and social media just for the Oregon market. I made a business deal to have a stage at a cannabis club so I could hit the ground running. I didnt find a place before I moved. I just threw away most of my stuff and packed my car and pointed south. I ended up staying in sketchy extended stay at 1800 a month. Could not find a place in Portland for under 2200 that was furnished and short lease. So ended up in Vancouver, WA, which is 15 mins from Portland. Six month lease at 1150 was found and very happy with the rent reduction. Get to keep tax free state status too, big bonus.

September: Got my place, tooth fixed, back better and time to work. The venue I made a deal with hit hard times and was pondering closing, putting a massive wrench into my plan. I went to plan B which also failed. Felt horrible many days in this month, but decided to push on.

October: Held a reggae event on Oct 3rd which had a 50 max due to the virus, in the end around 35 showed. Decided to stop holding events and shift back to content and business development. But something happened where the stress of this year defused my ability to create content and keep pushing articles back. Ended up taking a 2 day road trip to clear head, no business, just travel. It went great and have hit a good stride and back making content. My new site and social media is growing slowly as the word is spreading in the community. Im going to hit a few other events this month and start to make deals and partnerships for the rest of the year. My lease in up at the end of February and will evaluate if to move on to another market or tighten up the Oregon market more, but feel the lessons learned from Washington have made the process so much easier.

Also have a full team swag for my model team and will be having a photo shoot up in the Seattle area in Nov or Dec. Ordering women's clothes was harder than I thought but we did it as a team and the gear should be ready in a few weeks, the pics as a team are gonna be amazing.

Overall all my teams are at 30 and just set a goal to get to 50 by end of year and when ready unleash the chaos I have been prepping for 5 years. While there is delay after delay, I feel my overall plan is in great shape, but feels like pure hell filling in the blanks.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
The long awaited four month update!

Rest of October: I ended up going on an amazing trip to Bend, Oregon. Was such a magical drive and feel in love with the state of Oregon even more. I felt renewed, but it faded quickly with the lead-up to the election. I started to feel very stressed in every way, like it was eating my whole existence. I was continuing to do business, but just felt off in every way.

November: The stress of the elections was immense, but it passed and I started to feel better but pure business tragedy struck. Out-of-nowhere Oregon shut it all down, the cause and effect permanently shut down the cannabis club I invested in a business membership into. They couldn't afford their nut and Covid officially murdered the most awesome cannabis club on the planet. Double decker club of so much dopeness. I had a contingency plan if this happened. In fact, when I moved to the Portland area I promised myself the club would be secondary as I knew this was a big possibility. I pressed on with my primary goal of growing my Oregon website content, connections and social media.

December: Along with the Oregon movement, I continued to build my model marketing team. Got the team up to my goal of 25. Team gear was sent to the first 14, which was a whole process of itself of constant shaking my head. The holidays came and went without one social gathering. This was a first for me as I always found a place to get a plate and great company at least 2 - 4 times a holiday season even away from family. I did not care, I only cared about backend business growth.

January: I gave zero thought to the New Year. Didn't set one goal or get excited with getting out of 2020, the worst year in modern history. Little did I know hell was about to set in. I woke to a message a murder took place in my parents building in Chicago. Thankfully, they were quarantined elswhere. A murder spree hit the city taking five people, and one of them was the doorwoman of the building who was an amazing human. Such a sad event in a community that has been the home to my family for over 80 years. I was shaken up, and the day after I found the news, I got another great gift, I got Covid. Two weeks of pure hell, borderline needed to go to the hospital but I decided to ride it out. I didnt consume anything for a week besides Gatorade, Sprite and forced myself fruit, and eventually was able to get some soup. I lost my sense of taste and had serious breathing issues. I lost 20 pounds by the end of the month.

I worked through answering messages but ended up stopping my Oregon work and focused on the model team. We ended up producing this video, which I still need to have the team and myself market. I think we could get it up to 2500 to 5k views, which would be amazing for a one video YT channel. I have more videos in the works and promo plans being developed. Happy to say the song keep me connected to the rap community and helped me keep in the game even with no shows. There is a deep history with this song, as Adam Sandler got accused of ripping it off.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb7X6zD6_aM

I was so happy to get out of January, did not pencil in death and severe sickness to start the year.

February: Focus to start the month was to get stronger as felt so weak physically from nonmovement. Also we did a campaign with the models that was a problem and ended up parting ways with 3 bringing my numbers to down to 22. I realized I needed to organize stronger with stricter team rules. This was a huge battle for a few weeks as just imagine battling 22 stoner models to try to be more efficient. I tied it in with the girls who left and also some other tactics and now we are stronger than ever, but yet still a lot of team building to go. I hope to get back up to 25 and than can duplicate another 25 to get to 50 in my budding model army.

My lease is up in one month and Im heading to California next. Will be unleashing some things down there and will be piecing a bunch of things together from Washington, Oregon and California. Should be interesting as my funding is pretty healthy and feel the last 6 years of prepping went well.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I'm very excited to say I've been offered to write for a Cannabis legalization site that sees decent traffic. I'll be the official cannabis culture writer and my section called Cannabis Culture Corner. Its at a DA of 62 right now but rising due to some moves the owner is making. They also have an amazing YT channel that just hit 20k subscribers with decent viewage and will have the ability to provide content when ready. I dont like to be on video but this opportunity will be to good to pass up and hope to start on video in a few months after getting a few articles in the cue.

Also huge audible, I will not be moving back home to California at the end of the month. I will be shoving off to Oklahoma for 1 to 2 months, luckily in Tulsa there is a huge inventory of month to month furnished inventory and will be paying way less than I have. A lot of people dont know this, but Oklahoma is the hottest cannabis state for the last two years due to almost zero restrictions and with massive amounts of cash pumping in from Texas to pre-position for national expansion. Also Tusla has an amazing music scene with iconic venues plus a few cannabis clubs already running smoothly. Very excited, but never saw my self moving Oklahoma for cannabis business, what an adventure.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
It turns out the Oklahoma industry was better than I thought. Its the true cannabis industry promise land, but...

1. Second week I got here I ended up blowing the engine of my car. Was told a 4 to 6 week wait to get fixed as was under warranty. Was at 97k miles, warranty at 100k so caught a break.

2. The red tape to get a med card is not bad, but I failed the process and after 70 days Im still locked out of stores and events. Access to both is critical. I gave up on stores but have a 50 50 rate of getting into events. Hope the card comes within a week as got approved, but the wait has been brutal.

3. Got a loaner car for free from dealer, During the 6th week on the way back from an event on the highway going 70 MPH, a coyote came out of nowhere and I hit it head on and than ran over with the right wheel. 3600 of damage, my deductable 250.

4. Got my car back fixed, 11k in work, not a penny I had to pay. 3 miles down the road check engine light goes on. Get it back to dealer, told the new engine must be replaced as some timing issues and this happens. 4 weeks more wait with no car, no loaner this time as they discontinued the loaners as dealer had 4 with accidents including mine in one week. Current national car rental shortage, 2500 for a rental for a month.

Feel so deflated as will have dusted off 4 months of the 7 months I had scheduled here by the time I get my wheels back. Holding events and launching a publication into stores in 2021 is off the tables as need more development time.

I need to be in the field to do what I do. Not sure what going to do as Im optimized digitally and just need to be out there.

Resistance the past 15 months has been beyond immense but yet my influence from Washington is intact, but yet does me no good here without on the ground development.

Been saying a lot of FML lately, but I can survive this, but living in a place like Tulsa without wheels is gonna be a nightmare, but it shall pass.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What a roller coaster ride! Hang in there and keep moving forward.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
What a roller coaster ride! Hang in there and keep moving forward.

Yes it has been, thanks for the support. The good news is I havent bleed any significant business funds for quite some time and have different types of assets lined up correctly.

Also I have been able to poke my head around the local industry and love the vibes, but in the end I need more exposure to figure who is who and vet properly and as we know that takes time.

The core of who I am and what drives me is action orientated. The stalling and delays for 15 months since Covid hit have been tremendous, but the light is shining, I can see it, but cant get to it, the only answer is to be patient and than be more patient.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I sunk into a what I would call a darkness with light. All I wanted when I came here was to be free with movements after being locked down in the PNW so long. It was critical I had solid wheels. After 55 days without my car I was so thrown off, especially the last 12 without a car to drive at all. No busses, very few walkable food options that is not crap food, Uber even is a failure as many times not available as Im on the edge of Tulsa into the sticks. So hot too, 95+, pure humidity everyday which I knew I was getting into, but when reality hits, it sure gets real daily.

Also I use weed for medication and not to have access due to not converting on the card has been very damaging. Luckily with a car I can access the black market, but the lack of the card does hurt my industry access, but should be solved in time, the card is in the mail, just not arriving.

The light was emitting because local business pulsations have been emitting pretty hard. I keep pushing forward but just stayed out of deals, became more of an observer. I havent even launched my own social media, but an article I wrote on a event got linked at least by five influencers all over local FB groups and my site has been very active in Oklahoma and Texas. It was a surprise on Texas, mostly from Dallas which is like 3.5 hours away. this info is helpful information when I start to market both cannabis and music events.

Im now talking to a ton of local players and I can now see many pathways for forward motion. My site is a basic WP theme which gets the job down. Its pretty clean and feel down the road Ill migrate to another platform for feature reasons and also have had a lot of issues with this site, one being with speed. I got down to 2 to 3 seconds but there are issues with the theme and can do way better. Ill be talking about the site soon as know I could get great feedback on the FLF.

I got my car back yesterday and the weight I felt lifted off was huge. Instead of 4 weeks they did it in 10. The shop ended up breaking down the 1st replacement engine and figuring it out and after putting 100 miles on it between them and me its running perfect. I drive like an old lady now and wont be testing the engine for a bit. I was able to get my cannabis medication on the black market and now feel so much better, in particular my incredible constantly painful lifelong tainted knee.

Going pump another event piece of content and distribute the same way like the one mentioned above within the next three days. This one can be better as the event was high profile. Going to get my social media going focusing on FB (0 followers), Instagram (47 followers), YT (have five videos up), and two cannabis related social networks.

Lastly, Im shortlisting venues for both small and larger events. My budget for events is from 1k to 20k so I can make some magic including very well-known names with an interesting short list for the first events Ill share soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.