• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Pacific Northwest cannabis industry media project attempt #2

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Private Witt, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Private Witt

Private Witt Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $958
    I'm very happy to say a project I relaunched after completely walking away for almost a year is starting to see amazing results. I've been pounding hard on processes and ignoring results, but its pretty great when the well starts to yield.

My focus is on events, music and people. Due to tough state laws, events have been totally held down. There are loopholes that others are operating under and I started to sucker-fish onto others who have huge resources to get things done.

Since my relaunch in April, I've made progress by making friends and deals with many in both the cannabis and music industries. I got lucky and started to cover a rap duo about 1.5 years ago who are totally blowing up. They just came off tour with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and performing at South by Southwest.

As of now, I'm putting together a huge event at the end of the year with these two rappers. We are looking at a 1,800 seat venue and will try to bring some big names they have worked with over the last two years.

I have a potential partner I'm meeting with in early July to see if we can do this together, but if we can't work out a deal I'm going alone. I prefer to partner up with this company as they have an awesome team and app in the industry. It would halve my profit, but it would take off so much pressure with both people and also budget as they are deep stacked.

As for monetization, these types of shows can bring nice revenue, with VIP and sponsorship, in addition to 1,500 seats going for 30 - 50ish. The line-up could be huge and that will dictate the ticket price. My site also has many options for monetization, but that will take time so great to have an income from events in the future.

With both attempts and a try with something else in the cannabis space, I have about 1.5 years of experience in the industry. I've learned this is not enough as the learning curb is massive and in order to move fast you must be willing to pay to play. I'm kinda frugal with most things and would rather wait and make the connections and get free industry coverage for my content and movement. I do enjoy going to events and spend the money to get a booth as the connections you make are unreal.

I will use this thread to update my project as the next six months are going to be very exciting and challenging, and love to engage with others taking risks and taking leaps for their dreams.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Readerly likes this.
  2. Private Witt

Rep Bank:
    $958
    The cannabis plus music industries moves slow but happy to say Ive made some awesome progress. We have pushed back the 1800 person show to a 400 person event in Tacoma, Washington.

The headliner is rap legend Twista. The rap duo I work with will be the undercard.

Tickets are going for $30 a piece and a sell-out will guarantee profit. We also have VIP options and sponsorship from the cannabis industry possibilities. We have a few sponsor deals closed and have until November to hit a target goal.

Since Twista is a very well-liked name and the response has been really positive a sell-out is most likely going to happen.

My next decision is to decide if to bring a cannabis bus from Seattle with industry VIPs. The next few weeks we will have the VIP packages and any add-ons like meet and greets at a cannabis store or two ready.

Its not a big profit deal as there are a few hands in the pie, but for marketing and development of what Im doing its a great step forward. It makes it easy that the rappers have a network to sell the tickets and all I really have to worry about is sponsors and throwing an amazing event on the bus.

On other fronts, my site and social media are starting to get a little stronger and also entering the industry news cycle with an interview coming out on a local industry blog with a few more lined up and print by October.

My biggest problems are the gaps in time with events and I can be a little impatient but I think when I have the ability to scale I can close those gaps and be wishing I was back to the slower days.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Roli and Rhino like this.
  3. Private Witt

Rep Bank:
    $958
    Making decent progress on the ticket sales. The rappers are in full ticket dispensing mode. They take photos of each one they sell and put on FB/Instagram to create FOMO. Also selling online and feel we should get to the sell-out of 400. We still have to sort out VIP and sponsors, but that is a different story.

I've decided to push forth and promote and produce my own show. Im going to wait till this show is over in early November and my cash is freed up, but the issue Im having now is very little control over the production and Im not able to do some things I want to dabble in. My two rappers in my current show are awesome, but they are control freaks and I just don't have the position I wish to be in. I've found another local talented rapper with a great following and hopefully shoot for an event in January. Im doing all the legwork now and hope to bring a Strange Music rapper out to Seattle to be the headliner.

On other note, I took a trip to Oklahoma City for an event about upcoming medical legalization in the state. It was a very interesting time as there were many business people looking to break into the industry in Oklahoma from Texas and other parts of the South. There was a contingency of industry related people from Seattle that went and it was great to hang out with them to expand my own network. Some heavy hitters went and looking forward to getting back to Oklahoma as what I do can be launched very easily in the state.

Im really burned from the trip and have ten days to rest and get a lot of work done before a much needed 8 day vacation and than a heavy push for the end of the year starting in October.

Roli and Rhino like this.
  4. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,425
  5. Private Witt

Rep Bank:
    $958
    Thanks man, this comment has made my morning and also appreciate the gift that has more than doubled my Fastlane Networth :).

Roli and amp0193 like this.
  6. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,425
    I'm glad.

You were quietly hustling away in this thread to crickets... thought you needed someone to cheer you on.

Private Witt likes this.
  7. Private Witt

Rep Bank:
    $958
    Crickets and tumbleweed are my specialties.

Sometimes I feel like the quiet hustle is best for me, but in the end, like most I enjoy having the support, thanks!

8. Private Witt

Rep Bank:
    $958
    Stepping it up a notch and I have rented a cannabis bus. This will cost me a grand but worth it because I now have 30 seats that I will fill up with industry people. I have a few media outlets confirmed and some store and grower-related entities climbing aboard.

Im going to try to find sponsorship to offset the cost. This is pretty common in the industry by hanging banners, giving social media shout-outs and other stuff.

My goal is to invite a few local influencer 420 models and a couple of musicians with decent followings.

It took me a while to get this going as I did not specify how many comps I would be getting in the deal but worked it out and getting a huge chunk and feel like Ill be getting amazing value with networking, social media and both print and Internet media coverage.

amp0193 likes this.