The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Canadian slow-laner, environmental graduate and cannabis industry employee

DreSon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 16, 2021
Greetings! I wanted to take the time to introduce myself.

Since March I've been listening to the Unscripted trilogy (I like to call it), and wanted to introduce myself on the forum. I've lurked here for weeks now, but only recently decided to make an account and engage with all of you. For months prior to being recommended the Fastlane books, I was interested in personal finance and financial freedom. I was studying the stock market, reading about rich dads, poor dads, and wealthy barbers. The ideas I learned in those books were helpful to a degree, but I quickly un-learned a lof of that doctrine when I realized that it was all just another slow-lane snare.

My slow-lane journey currently looks like this: I'm 29 years old, and soon to be married. I finished a two year environmental technician program at a local college and after a quick stint in the lab, I decided that was not for me. Perhaps I'm more of a field guy. Fast forward almost three years now and I've found myself a nice little niche position in a quickly growing cannabis prodcer. I got in early, met the right people, and made an impression that rewarded me with a nice little income. Unfortunately, even my pretty-good income just doesn't make the cut these days.

I live in Canada, went to school, found a decent job and started putting some money away. I'm one of three who completed post-secondary. As the youngest, I was 'the good one', so it was expected of me to get a diploma, and a 'real job'. Right after high school I attended a film school for one year and then dropped out. Even then I realized that the hefty OSAP (student loan) debt just wasn't worth it. Then, after a winter in the Rockies, I came home and bummed around for another few years before I decided it was time to fulfill the family prophecy. I hit the books, upgraded some highschool credits and went back to college, but this time I worked and paid my way through.

So today here I am, still renting, little savings in my RRSP + TFSA accounts, and a few positions on Wealthsimple. What's the point of all this? You might ask. Since I began consuming these books my life has started to take a turn. I drink less, exercise more, and my actions have a purpose. When I began, I thought that this was just another Rich Dad Poor Dad, but honestly my process is slowly becoming clear to me. Each day I wake up and remind myself that there's an ideal version of myself that only I have the power to become. In a way, I guess this post is not just an introduction, but a thank you to MJ. I feel a spark of motivation that I haven't felt in a long time, if ever.

Things are shaping up.

At this point I'm rambling but I just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to engaging with you all and learning as much as I can while I'm here. Happy to strike up a conversation in here about our hobbies and interests and entrepreneurial ideas!

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...