• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Not Fulfilled? Depressed? Maybe You Need An Alignment

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by eliquid, Oct 31, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,948
    my result was: The Mechanic (short version)

Strengths: Completing things, finding ways to improve systems, making things simpler, perfecting projects, paying attention to details.

Weaknesses: Often takes a long time to complete tasks. Gets caught up in details, forgets about the team around them, often inflexible and unwilling to change.

Successes: Mechanics are at their best when they are looking for ways to improve things. They love to tinker and take things apart, and then put them together in new and better ways. They are best when completing things.

Failures: Mechanics are not so good at starting things from scratch, as they are perfectionists who are worried of getting it wrong from the beginning. They aren’t comfortable in chaotic or political situations and aren’t so sensitive to feelings.

So because i know this now i go with more confidence into eCommerce(improving products, improving processes etc..) , if you know such stuff you can take a look at CENTS and see what best suits you!!! i think your thread can provide a lot of value if people really figure this out and THEN find there Fastlane vehicle!!!

2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $126,352
    I think I took this one years ago.

And Perry Marshall's Marketing DNA Test (which I found very insightful ... I've posted my results somewhere in my AndyTalks Progress thread).

I also took the Belbin a couple of times years and years ago. I came up as a Teamworker both times.

Isn't there a thread somewhere in the forum where loads of people take that test that shows up as INTJ and suchlike. I can't remember what I ended up, and can't even find the thread.

EDIT: Here's the output of my Perry Marshall Marketing DNA test:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 7:17 AM
    MidwestLandlord and eliquid like this.
  3. RayAndré

RayAndré Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $846
    Now that is interesting.

daru, eliquid, jlwilliams and 3 others like this.
  4. Gwenqou

Gwenqou Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $156
    Appreciate the information! Often time, people like to jump into things and do it, without thinking the purpose and meaning behind it (i.e. follow what the society tells you: go to college, or else everyone will get ahead of you)

Sometimes we need to slow down, look around us and see where we are.
    But most importantly, understand who we are.

Without understanding who we are, what our values are, what makes us truly happy, we could end up wandering in this world without a purpose, living our lives soullessly

I remember I took the test 4 years ago, took them again recently. The result is still the same: ESTJ. The descriptions fit like a glove. Started to look into this personality type more in depth. Will take it again over the course of next few weeks. Thanks again

MidwestLandlord and eliquid like this.
  5. AnAverageJoe

AnAverageJoe Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $674
    Thank you @eliquid, this is exactly what I needed. I'm going to do the tests and write down my values and priorities and take my time on it.

This is me 100%. I've been sidewalk/slowlane my entire life. I didn't know any better until I found MFL about a year ago. Since then I have been slowly trying to turn my life around. I'm broke af, I've been broke af my entire life, and now I am married with two kids. Leaving the sidewalk/slowlane won't be easy, but now I now it's possible. I have to provide value.

I said all that to say this, I'm in the situation I'm in now because I have no idea who I really am. I've always just done what society has told me to do, or what I thought was expected. Go to college, get a job, get married and have kids, blah blah blah, then die. I work in an industry that I absolutely hate and I've done it for the last decade. What should be a mindless and simple job wears me out mentally to the point that when I come home to work on my "biz" I end up staring blankly into my laptop without accomplishing anything. I work my job because it's quick easy money, not because I enjoy it or it aligns with who I am as a person.

Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, this is just exactly what I needed right now. Thanks again @eliquid, I can't wait to finally find out who I am as a person at 31 years old.

eliquid and MidwestLandlord like this.
  6. RayAndré

RayAndré Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $846
    Myers Briggs picks me as an ESFJ. A lot of what the description on 16personalities says is true. Some of it not so much. But as I read it I can tell...I don't want to be the stereotype personality it describes.
    Now I have some direction.
    Another really good test I good was the DISC assessment. It was introduced to me through Tony Robbins' website and man that thing is detailed!

Also, I went through the 600+ value list and narrowed it down to the following five.

Adventure
    Elevate
    Different
    Variety
    Efficiency

(If you're looking for a good way how to narrow down the list let me know, it was pretty daunting but I found what I think to be a good approach.)
    Writing a mission statement will be next. I'm also planning to do a similar narrow-down approach to my list of strengths from all these tests to have a clear understanding of what I'm naturally good at.
    This has been really interesting and a great self-learning experience so far.

Thanks @eliquid

MidwestLandlord and AnAverageJoe like this.