The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New York City Slowlaner here

Kelvinrod123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Oct 6, 2022
So this is the first time I’ve ever been apart of ANY forum, so here goes nothing. I just finished reading the millionaire fast lane and I’ve and now want to change my life forever.

Just a little background about myself . I am a 30 year old male, single, no kids, living alone in a two bedroom apartment in NYC. I’ve wasted so many years playing video games, chasing woman, consuming , and being so unproductive that’s it only NOW I’m starting to realize how shitty and monotonous my life has become. My job is OKAY, and I barely make enough money to get by every month for my rent ,credit card bills , and have somewhat of a social life. I always thought to myself after a night out on the weekend and driving in the Uber back home and looking out the window “There has got to be more to this, this can’t be it right?”

My parents had me late (Dad is 72 , Mom Is 73, gonna be 74 in November) and they migrated here years ago from the Dominican Republic. They Worked there asses off working in sweatshops and delivering food. We grew up very poor. We shared a one bedroom apartment in a not-so-safe neighborhood in the south Bronx. I didn’t get my own bedroom till I was 22 years old and I remember feeling so excited when I got one. But I was always told to go to college, get a job, and work hard. I was the first person in my family to go college and I honestly didn’t know what the hell I was doing there. It took me five years of F*cking around to graduate with a bachelors in English (pathetic I know)

My mom has a slew of health complications that just make me realize how piss poor the healthcare system is. But I realize its because we are poor therefore the healthcare provided to us is poor. My mom has been hospitalized in the Dominican Republic and they recently found a tumor in her pancreas (it’s benign , Thank god) but I felt completely useless, frustrated, destroyed that I couldn’t be there for her because I didn’t have the money or time to travel there and be with her. I always wanted money, and the freedom to do whatever I want (who doesn’t?) but at the moment with my mom , it made it apparent that I wanted, no, NEEDED to change my mindset. I need freedom, freedom to go and do whatever I want, freedom to be able to afford any type of medical expense for my parents, and give them that nice fancy house they deserve.

I am here in this forum because I want to change, learn, and grow, and possibly connect with some awesome people along the way. I am a newbie who doesn’t have a business , and wants to start one. And I look forward to being a part of this community and the Fastlane road!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
welcome @Kelvinrod123 - you have a lot of reasons to grow, I wish you the best.

May I ask what industry your in, can you use this skills to add value or solve a problem?

Kelvinrod123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Oct 6, 2022
welcome @Kelvinrod123 - you have a lot of reasons to grow, I wish you the best.

May I ask what industry your in, can you use this skills to add value or solve a problem?
Hey @2dads thanks for the warm welcome! Right now I work for a marketing software company that helps other companies be more efficient and effective in marketing their products to customers.

I’m more on the administrative side of things , I just help support the customer services teams implementing our software and making sure we doing it in a fiscally responsible way. I am not exactly sure how my skills can add value or solve a problem , that’s what I am trying to figure out. Any type of feedback would be helpful!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
What a great intro. I read it and immediately I’m rooting for you to succeed.

Re-wiring your mindset can take a little time. Stay active on the forum. Read GOLD threads. Contribute and keep an open mind. Before you know it you’ll start seeing opportunities to help others everywhere… and from there it’s a short walk to your own business and wealth.

Welcome to the forum.

edit: typo

Last edited:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Awesome intro and welcome. You have many advantages - especially being SINGLE, YOUNG, LOW EXPENSES and living in NYC --- to shape your life moving forward as you want - as there is so much wealth all around you going on there.

Read, Learn, TRY!, and most important participate on these boards to get more proficient with your thinking and iron out some of your mindset. Before long you will improve yourself in every way if you keep sticking with it.

Here are some of my top threads to get you started ...

Fastlane Mindset
Actionable Steps if you dont know where to START
Investing and how to get started
My 8 Figure Exit

Good luck and circle back around once you make progress. This is only the beginning!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, great to have ya. Wishing you the best of success on your journey, stay on the path, and you will like will it leads. It takes time as do all plans, however, being broke, fat, and stupid is the outcome of having no plan.

I also hope your mom is OK!

Kelvinrod123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Oct 6, 2022
Welcome aboard, great to have ya. Wishing you the best of success on your journey, stay on the path, and you will like will it leads. It takes time as do all plans, however, being broke, fat, and stupid is the outcome of having no plan.

I also hope your mom is OK!
Thank you its great to be a part of the community!!

Kelvinrod123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Oct 6, 2022
Gold. I hope you don't mind me editing your post. I was worried he might not get it as a newbie.All the same, you are awesome, Antifragile.
Thank you @Aura . I don't mind at all! I make grammar, spelling, and typo mistakes all the time and I'm an English major! Go figure lol

Kelvinrod123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Oct 6, 2022
Awesome intro and welcome. You have many advantages - especially being SINGLE, YOUNG, LOW EXPENSES and living in NYC --- to shape your life moving forward as you want - as there is so much wealth all around you going on there.

Read, Learn, TRY!, and most important participate on these boards to get more proficient with your thinking and iron out some of your mindset. Before long you will improve yourself in every way if you keep sticking with it.

Here are some of my top threads to get you started ...

Fastlane Mindset
Actionable Steps if you dont know where to START
Investing and how to get started
My 8 Figure Exit

Good luck and circle back around once you make progress. This is only the beginning!
Thank you I am excited for this journey!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
So this is the first time I’ve ever been apart of ANY forum, so here goes nothing. I just finished reading the millionaire fast lane and I’ve and now want to change my life forever.

Just a little background about myself . I am a 30 year old male, single, no kids, living alone in a two bedroom apartment in NYC. I’ve wasted so many years playing video games, chasing woman, consuming , and being so unproductive that’s it only NOW I’m starting to realize how shitty and monotonous my life has become. My job is OKAY, and I barely make enough money to get by every month for my rent ,credit card bills , and have somewhat of a social life. I always thought to myself after a night out on the weekend and driving in the Uber back home and looking out the window “There has got to be more to this, this can’t be it right?”

My parents had me late (Dad is 72 , Mom Is 73, gonna be 74 in November) and they migrated here years ago from the Dominican Republic. They Worked there asses off working in sweatshops and delivering food. We grew up very poor. We shared a one bedroom apartment in a not-so-safe neighborhood in the south Bronx. I didn’t get my own bedroom till I was 22 years old and I remember feeling so excited when I got one. But I was always told to go to college, get a job, and work hard. I was the first person in my family to go college and I honestly didn’t know what the hell I was doing there. It took me five years of F*cking around to graduate with a bachelors in English (pathetic I know)

My mom has a slew of health complications that just make me realize how piss poor the healthcare system is. But I realize its because we are poor therefore the healthcare provided to us is poor. My mom has been hospitalized in the Dominican Republic and they recently found a tumor in her pancreas (it’s benign , Thank god) but I felt completely useless, frustrated, destroyed that I couldn’t be there for her because I didn’t have the money or time to travel there and be with her. I always wanted money, and the freedom to do whatever I want (who doesn’t?) but at the moment with my mom , it made it apparent that I wanted, no, NEEDED to change my mindset. I need freedom, freedom to go and do whatever I want, freedom to be able to afford any type of medical expense for my parents, and give them that nice fancy house they deserve.

I am here in this forum because I want to change, learn, and grow, and possibly connect with some awesome people along the way. I am a newbie who doesn’t have a business , and wants to start one. And I look forward to being a part of this community and the Fastlane road!
Sad to hear that you mom is ill but glad that it is not too serious.

Making more money to help family members has always been a strong and reliable source of motivation.

A

Anon05554

Thank you @Aura. I don't mind at all! I make grammar, spelling, and typo mistakes all the time and I'm an English major! Go figure lol
You are welcome. I hold a first-class degree in English and Literature but have not managed to land a single editing gig on Upwork. Guess @Deville is right when he says we should forget about our paper qualifications and focus on providing value.

Allow me to say that joining this forum is the best thing that can happen to anyone.Just read the gold threads as @Antifragile recommended and apply the lessons that specifically resonate with your situation.

Use your mother's plight as your driving force, and when you have found your direction, start a progress thread.

I joined early this year and have learnt more about life in 8 months than I have in all my years at school. A big welcome to you, bro.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

Congratulations man, and welcome to the forum. Use that pain from the past to your advantage, you literally have nothing to lose. Most people you are age are already a sheep in the matrix; have a 9-5 and being underpaid, kids, fat wife/gf and debt so it's very tempting to seek the comfort zone for them and not get out. You're already in a very good position compared to the rest of the world, especially living in a city like New York which has the most millionaires in the US.

EDIT:
Your story reminds me about the beginnings of my mentor's buddy. He was in a different position though, very heavy in debt in Poland but he moved to the UK and started washing dishes making a spare change and wanted to really change his life. You know what he did? After working 10-12 hours at his shitty job, he used to walk around the wealthiest neighborhood in his city and literally started asking them how they were able to afford to live in a such amazing place. Pretty much all of them told him that it's about having the right education(not to be confused with formal education), and he made some connections with some and today he's a very wealthy individual and my mentor's big inspiration.

You can also join hustlers university for $49 a month and that can be a great place to start for someone like you who's money hungry. 18 verified millionaires will teach you 18 different methods on how to build wealth. There's a 16 year old kid there making $40k a month by creating TikTok videos.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...