The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18 y.o. from New York

Andrew R

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 20, 2017
Kingston NY
Hello everyone,
My name is Andrew and I'm from the (not so) great state of New York. Currently have both books, I've started reading TMF first, hoping it could help me.
Im only 18, have $4,000 in my bank account, no job , in community college for entrepreneurship. Long story short i hate working for others, My first job i had while i was 15-18 at a grocery store was decent for 2 years at a minimum wage-20 hour work week. That was until something clicked inside me and i realized i didn't want to spend my life grinding away in the system to pay my bills.... I quit. However i was able to buy a used 2007 BMW 328xi with the hard work i put in so it wasn't a total loss.
But then my funds ran low again, so not knowing any better and out of options, I applied to be a Pizza delivery driver at a friends family owned Italian restaurant. A Pizza boy with a BMW, Wouldn't that be a sight..... It was humiliating, and not to mention I couldn't even pull a decent profit, most of my earnings went to gas, as the BMW, dubbed "The Green Bean" was AWD.
I had one bad day and it set me off... I quit.
It was at this point that i decided what i really wanted to be, an entrepreneur, and as such I've been scheming ever since, hoping one day i could find an idea that sticks, as of now I'm researching into flipping used cars and motorcycles in the Hudson Valley area of NY to support myself for a while at least until I find my way. I hope that the two books will give me the guidance i need to thrive. I will not be like everyone else.

I promised myself that i will get rich or die trying.

P.S, I apologize if this sounds like the ravings of a madman, i have class in 5 minutes and i had to write this quick.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the board, hope the books help!

what i really wanted to be, an entrepreneur, and as such I've been scheming ever since

Entrepreneurship is not about scheming, but about value.

in community college for entrepreneurship.

Nice, I didn't think community colleges offered such a curriculum.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Im only 18, have $4,000 in my bank account
You are already ahead of most people even twice your age if you have 4k in the bank. Nice job!

I promised myself that i will get rich or die trying.
That is pretty nice. A lot of people make that promise. So I suggest adding something more to that statement that will make it concrete. Not getting rich for rich sake. As for the dying part we all do that and most people try at some point so it will come natural.

But try something like "Make wealth by helping those around me so I can ensure my family a better life than I had." Or some such. IDK.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...