The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My friend, you are already IN the Fastlane.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Originally posted here by @MJ DeMarco

Too good to be buried deep in the forum.

Fastlane is not some arbitrary sum of money. It's not passive income while sitting on a beach. And it's not retiring at 30. Fastlane at its core is a mentality. And as soon as you obtain that mentality, you are in the Fastlane.

So as long as you continue your entrepreneurial pursuits, even if you fail this venture or the next, you CONTINUE. This is something that is lived, not tried. The money comes later as a result of living it.

Just want to make that clear!

Good luck. :)

(MJ DeMarco)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So true...

And just think, it's been WEEKS since we've seen any "Is this Fastlane?!"

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
but how many people think like that ?

how many people say " i know exactly what i want, i know why i am on earth, i have solid core values etc."

how many people escape the herd mentality ? ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lonely_Crowd)

mathematics say no more than 5 %

https://www.google.fr/search?q=normal law&biw=1517&bih=692&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj3grTmtsbOAhUiI8AKHdvqBi8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9

https://www.google.fr/search?q=normal law&biw=1517&bih=692&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj3grTmtsbOAhUiI8AKHdvqBi8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=pareto law

just by being here, readers are the elite

this is not my opinion. this is reality decribed by mathematics.

we can also conlude that MJ DeMarco's books will never reach the masses because of what i have just said.

TMF will never be a best seller like Harry Potter or whatever .

people want " bread and circus " as said by roman emperors and are happy with that

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

how many people say " i know exactly what i want, i know why i am on earth, i have solid core values etc."

how many people escape the herd mentality ? ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lonely_Crowd)

https://www.google.fr/search?q=normal law&biw=1517&bih=692&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj3grTmtsbOAhUiI8AKHdvqBi8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9

https://www.google.fr/search?q=normal law&biw=1517&bih=692&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj3grTmtsbOAhUiI8AKHdvqBi8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=pareto law

we can also conlude that MJ DeMarco's books will never reach the masses because of what i have just said.

people want " bread and circus " as said by roman emperors and are happy with that

This is the best post that I have seen you make on the forums. Real thought with information. Still a bit of negative bias but it is realistic.

I would say that the number is probably less than 5%. I'm sure that MJ took into full consideration who his target audience is. There will be a higher percentage of the population that may be reached but will not act. In theory, many will love the book and agree with the information. The next few steps are harder though....

But for those with the correct mindset, it is simply execution.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
"Is this Fastlane?!"

It took some time for me on this forum to completely "breath" fastlane.

I asked "Is this fastlane?" about a year ago.

Less than 6 months ago, I wanted to make a passive income as fast as possible. I was quite desperate and kept failing.

Now I just want to work hard, not to make money in the first place but to make life easier for many people. I don't care about passive income now, I care about income with passion.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland

Fastlane is not some arbitrary sum of money. It's not passive income while sitting on a beach. And it's not retiring at 30. Fastlane at its core is a mentality. And as soon as you obtain that mentality, you are in the Fastlane.

So as long as continue your entrepreneurial pursuits, even if you fail this venture or the next, you CONTINUE. This is something that is lived, not tried. The money comes later as a result of living it.

(MJ DeMarco)
Great in the now statement

I have always believed this.....Not wishful thinking or that to be confused with cashflow , ...but in the knowing that the Banking part of the equation will be the very last piece of the puzzle.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
This forum is a breath of fresh air. When you learn to think this way, eventually, if you allow yourself to get more towards majority's biases, you might think you're crazy, or people think you're way too optimistic, because you've been imbued with this mentality. Then you come back, you see people who accomplish things, and you go "no, this is real. It's doable." Good to be back.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
This is the best post that I have seen you make on the forums. Real thought with information. Still a bit of negative bias but it is realistic.

I would say that the number is probably less than 5%. I'm sure that MJ took into full consideration who his target audience is. There will be a higher percentage of the population that may be reached but will not act. In theory, many will love the book and agree with the information. The next few steps are harder though....

But for those with the correct mindset, it is simply execution.

thanks.

we are here thanks to MJ DeMarco' s winning attitude. yes only a small percentage of readers will really implement and take actions

but anyway the goal of the book is to shift mindset. even if i don't become rich, i will never see life the same way and that 's the most important for me

we can always transfer knowledge and point of view from a situation to another situation in our life.

this is the philosophy of Jay Abraham : you learn something in industry A and you do the same thing in industry B where it was unknown before.

by the way, i found a link with ressources for you guys that i hope will inspire you

http://www.abraham.com/50-shades-of-jay-38-the-non-shade-shade/

Last edited:

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
we are here thanks to MJ DeMarco' s winning attitude. yes only a small percentage of readers will really implement and take actions

I for one am very grateful that MJ decided to take a chance and write that book on the off-chance that some of us would take some action.

I went to graduate business school, and have read dozens of business and entrepreneurship books, and learned a lot - but MJ's book changed my life permanently. A lot of books tell stories, some give actionable advice, and a few help change your perspective, but none had such a big effect on the way I see the world compared to TMF . So thanks, MJ!

So as long as continue your entrepreneurial pursuits, even if you fail this venture or the next, you CONTINUE. This is something that is lived, not tried. The money comes later as a result of living it.

This is beautiful. Words to live by.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I for one am very grateful that MJ decided to take a chance and write that book on the off-chance that some of us would take some action.

I went to graduate business school, and have read dozens of business and entrepreneurship books, and learned a lot - but MJ's book changed my life permanently. A lot of books tell stories, some give actionable advice, and a few help change your perspective, but none had such a big effect on the way I see the world compared to TMF . So thanks, MJ!

This is beautiful. Words to live by.

yes and i was thinking that when we look at the whole teaching of the TMF , this is really about getting outside our confort zone with our understanding of society, our habits, our values, our relationship with life.

i thought about that while watching an Eben Pagan program

he said " success only exists outside your confort zone, the next level for you is outside your confort zone "

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide

(MJ DeMarco)
I read this post about a week ago, and it was the first thought in my head when I woke up this morning.

Loop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jul 21, 2019

(MJ DeMarco)

Thank you very much, Andy Black and MJ DeMarco. :thumbsup:

I am already in the Fastlane.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Worth a bump.

For some, being in the Fastlane is as simple as chipping away towards your vision and your goals, not someone else’s vision and goals.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Chipping away!

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

(MJ DeMarco)

That's beautiful.

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India
Fastlane is really a mindset. I don't really know that I will become super rich or not but after reading TMF and Unscripted I will never see the things in same light. It's a drastic mind shift. After one of the Osho's book TMF is the one which shattered my old beliefs and introduced me to the new reality of life. Most of my questions which related to why's in life get answered after reading TMF.

But this is also the question of acceptability, how much flexible you are mentally to accept a totally new belief is depends on you. I have inspired one of my cousin to read TMF, he reads it and he praised it but there is no change in his behavior or in his mentality. On the other hand I forced one of my friend to read TMF,who was in a job at a good position who previously never read a book, he bought that book he read it and after 5 months of reading TMF he left his job and now we are together in our fastlane journey. He told me that his life is way better then before after reading TMF and doing some thing for that. So it's all in the brain.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
But this is also the question of acceptability, how much flexible you are mentally to accept a totally new belief is depends on you.

There is an old saying that when the student is ready, the master will appear.

Sometimes people are ready to learn. At least in your cousin's case, by reading the material and at least acknowledging the value, it's in his mind. At some point, he may just spontaneously think that it's time for a change. It might take an external FTE or just the grim realization at some point that you never get off the treadmill unless you do something.

Everyone's journey in life is different. There can be a whole lot of mental garbage in the way of facing the reality of self-responsibility or change. In the US for example we have a two party politcal system built entirely on people avoiding taking responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

how many people escape the herd mentality
? ( The Lonely Crowd - Wikipedia)

True. Very true. Pleasure. Easy come easy go. Movies. Video games. In my country cheap soap operas. Cheap gin. European soccer. All that sidewalk shit is everywhere. Fastlane is being unscripted from that rat race and taking the direction of the scientists.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN

So as long as you continue your entrepreneurial pursuits, even if you fail this venture or the next, you CONTINUE. This is something that is lived, not tried. The money comes later as a result of living it.

(MJ DeMarco)
Mindset is everything. A producer first mindset can take you to great heights and help you achieve your goals faster.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you think like a winner, practice like a winner, persevere like a winner, ignore the haters like a winner, you eventually become a winner.

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.